PDA

View Full Version : Settlements and castles on the Narnia:TW map

Elohim
04-14-2007, 10:11
This thread is for the listing of settlements and castles to be noted on the Narnia TW map. Officially, these number c.25 if one is generous with the term "settlement", but around 80-100 are needed for a map that takes a decent time to conquer.

The distinction between settlements and castles is made because their populations will grow differently. Castles will have very low population growth, but start off with better walls, and the option of building higher-end buildings.
Settlements will be ordinary RTW cities. Incidentally, could someone contact the Chivalry TW team, to ask how they made their castles on the battlemap?

Right then... the list begins... Note that these are not time-zone specific, and occur throughout Narnian history. Most are official settlements (mentioned in the books), but I have extrapolated a few from notable landmarks that would have settlements/landmarks.
Anvard (Archenlander castle)
Avra (Lone Island settlement on the island of the same name)
Azim Balda (Calormene settlement)
Beaversdam (Narnian settlement)
Beruna (Narnian settlement)
Redhaven (Lone Island settlement on the island of Brenn)
Burnt Island village (Lone Island settlement, needs a name)
Cair Paravel (Narnian castle/settlement depending on timezone)
Calavar (Calormen province, needs a capital city)
Castle of Miraz (nerve centre of Telmarine Narnia - probably a settlement)
Chippingford (Narnian settlement)
Dancing Lawn (Narnian settlement - I did say I was being generous with the term)
Deathwater Island (Lone Island settlement - of course a village would be placed there, to take advantage of the magic-gold-lake. Gold mines, anyone?)
Narrowhaven (Lone Island settlement on the isle of Doorn)
Felimath (Lone Island island/settlement)
Galma (Lone Island settlement - ship handling bonuses if poss.)
Harfang (Castle or settlement for the Harfang Ettins)
Ilkeen Palaces (Calormen settlement on the shores of lake Ilkeen, where Ahoshtah Tarkaan has his palace. The sentiment given is that there are others too.)
Merzeel (Calormen settlement near the Valley of the Thousand Perfumes)
Muil (Seven Isles settlements)
South Hall (Archenland settlement, capital of the Southern Marche)
Tashbaan (Calormen capital city)
Teebeth (Calormen settlement)
Tehishbaan (Calormen settlement)
Westhold (Narnian settlement, capital of the Western Marches)
Zalindreh (Calormen city)
Bearswick (Narnian settlement, based on the Home of the Bulgy Bears from PC) - if ZoR is used, where Bears would be recruited from?
Underhold (Narnian settlement, based on Trufflehunter's Cave from PC) - if ZoR is used, where Badgers would be recruited from?

Incidentally, there is an extrapolated map of the world of Narnia at http://www.calormen.com/Calormen/Tex...p_Extended.txt
thanks to the lads from NarniaMUSH

Elohim
04-14-2007, 10:16
By the way, this gives 28 settlements.

Leonidas The Lion
04-14-2007, 13:37
So 28 provinces do you think we need more?

Ossie The Great
04-14-2007, 13:42
I am planning on having about 60-70 or maybe 80 provinces so we are going to need to make up quite alot ..................... Jula_Barca i think is quite good at making faction names up so maybe he could help making up some names for citys

Also if anyone has a good name for a city or province just tell us here

p.s how are the screenshots coming on

Leonidas The Lion
04-14-2007, 15:14
I will get the templars today.

Ossie The Great
04-14-2007, 18:44
Hi
thanks if you email the screen shots to me or post them on the models therad :duel:

Jubal_Barca
04-14-2007, 20:35
Possible Telmarine settlement names;
Sosobra
Plument
Glozelia
Tellian
Marladra
Relnia

And for Archenland;
Alrand
Corfron
Moutrim
Brant
Forfent

These aren't that good, I'll hopefully think of more tomorrow.

Calormene;
Zaarhan
Daghleern
Slaanzaar
Azarlond
Aargheern
Leemaan
Dreenash
Malnesh

Harfang;
Grawlspit
Harlom
Ashaven (seaport?)
Stroglind
Cransh
Frindel
Pormant
Harmank

Ossie The Great
04-14-2007, 20:37
Thanks.
It is really helpfull ,so any more names for settelments you can come up with would be great :rolleyes4:

King_Numero
04-14-2007, 21:26
You could name three Archenland provinces the Northern, Southern and Eastern Marches. Maybe the province that contains Mt. Pire could be called Olvin or some variation of it.

Leonidas The Lion
04-14-2007, 22:22
You could name three Archenland provinces the Northern, Southern and Eastern Marches. Maybe the province that contains Mt. Pire could be called Olvin or some variation of it.

good idea.

Ossie The Great
04-15-2007, 08:46

Exellent....... thanks

Pharnakes
05-02-2007, 20:00
When I get map regions done I will post a screnie of it, with numbers so people can suggest names for provincies and cities.

Ossie The Great
05-02-2007, 20:57
When I get map regions done I will post a screnie of it, with numbers so people can suggest names for provincies and cities.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I can not wait untill the map is done

( edit , more smileys ) :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :cool4: :cool4: :cool4: :cool4: :cool4: :cool4: :happy:

Leonidas The Lion
05-09-2007, 22:19
Good we are progressing.
I am also looking forward to this preview.

Ossie The Great
05-10-2007, 14:18
Yes, we are progressing very fast