PDA

View Full Version : Help!!?

Kristof
04-15-2007, 00:53
Hi,

I have been trying to install PMTW for MTW1. I have tried several times now and i keep getting the same error that won't allow me to even start the game.

"COLUMN_building_faction_association"
"Unknown faction specified: column 20, row2"
"FN_BYZANTINE"

I have installed the patch and all it did was to change the error message to uknown faction - danish.

What have i done wrong and what do i have to do to fix it?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as i really want to play this mod!!

Christopher

cegorach
04-15-2007, 08:35
Do you have Viking Invasion installed ?

PMTW requires that (as virtually all other mods) so in case you don't have it I strongly advise buying it.:book:

Kristof
04-15-2007, 11:37
Aha, thanks for that; i had uninstalled MTW it a while ago and then lost the viking invasion disc in a box of cables and hadn't reinstalled it. I'll do that tomorrow and give it a go. Thanks again!
Chris~:thumb:

Kristof
04-16-2007, 09:04
bugger, my copy of viking invasion is scratched to hell after spending some time in a box with cables and now won't run. I've looked today and its not still on sale here. Ummm..........suggestions anyone????:help:

cegorach
04-16-2007, 09:19
Search at Amazon or in similar places.:book:

Kristof
04-22-2007, 12:28
Well, i've reinstalled viking invasion. Firstly the game started and got to loading a campaign then it would crash when the status bar reached 100%. After a restart or two the game would get past that point and i could actually play a campaign. But it now crashes randomly during play, maybe every 10 or 15 minutes. I can be in either strategic map or battle map and it just shuts down instantly.
What is the problem?
Christopher

cegorach
04-22-2007, 18:54
It might be caused by setting the size of your units above the normal one.

Other reason are wrong (for the game's purposes) video drivers...

Kristof
04-22-2007, 23:21
I've set the unit size to small. I don't know too much about drivers, so how do i figure out if my video drivers are what the game needs?

Even though it has been frustrating with the game crashing every 10 or 15 minutes its been really good. Have only had a chance to play as the hapsburg's so far, knocking over a few rebels and stuff, not looking forward to trying it on with the Ottoman's. It'd be really great if i could get the game to run properly!

ElectricEel
04-23-2007, 16:20
Have you looked at this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=69367) in the Apotechary?

Kristof
04-26-2007, 06:26
Ok, i seem to have got it working properly now, i'm not sure what i did but i don't care, i can play the game and that's all that matters.

On another matter, is there anyway that you guys, the ones that made this great mod, can change the architecture of the castles in the game? They are great but it would be better if there were bastioned fortresses available, reflecting the change in 15th and 16th century fortifications through to the 17th and 18th centuries. Can it be done?

cegorach
04-27-2007, 10:53
It is done already but will be seen in PMTW 2.0 which is coming quickly... There will be a mixture of fortifications - some from MTW, some new with certain forts available only to some factions e.g. Vauban's fortresses - a real nightamer to besiege...:yes:

Kristof
05-03-2007, 23:04
It is done already but will be seen in PMTW 2.0 which is coming quickly... There will be a mixture of fortifications - some from MTW, some new with certain forts available only to some factions e.g. Vauban's fortresses - a real nightamer to besiege...:yes:

Cool, any screenshots yet? :2thumbsup:
C