PDA

View Full Version : Total War Engine

WhiskeyBravo
12-24-2001, 16:44
Slightly OT i know but here goes. I've always been a great fan of the Napoleonic Wars and I beleive the TW engine could handle this sort of warfare. Are there any plans for a Napoleonic version as they are curently doing with the Medieval theme. Comments, suggestions most wellcome.

Regards, WB.

theforce
12-24-2001, 16:55
I don't see it coming. Well they can make the game allright but they are now focused on TW2. My guess after that will be a turn to the encient world. Like Roman empire or the campain of Alexander the Great.

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html

Funkybax
12-24-2001, 17:11
I hope for a roman enviroment.
Bye.
Funkybax

LordTed
12-25-2001, 00:06
They can do lots with it, but do they have the money and will see it as worthwill profit. Damn capitalists lol

WhiskeyBravo
12-25-2001, 03:53
How about the possibility of releasing the code into public domain so some bright sparks can create their own mods a la HalfLife Counterstrike etc. Id be willing to have a go with a little help. Just a thought,WB.

solypsist
12-25-2001, 07:54
Whiskey, comments and ideas like yours have been posted with regularity since the game came out. Incidentally, Khan7 made up a quick Civil-War mod that's rough, but shows what cen be done. I doubt you'll see anything new besides maps from the community , tho.

WhiskeyBravo
12-25-2001, 18:45
Ok thanks for the info and my apologies I should do a little more research before posting. Only discovered the game a coupla months back so i'm catching up. Great game and just got MI so looking forward to playing even more. Any pointers to the mod comunity would be appreciated.

Cheers and Merry Christmas, WB.

Catiline
12-26-2001, 07:58
I doubt he'll bite Soly

------------------
Oderint dum metuant