PDA

View Full Version : Horde:Total War

Iron Lord
04-15-2007, 21:04
Horde:Total War

Description:
This MOD is for MTW VI and uses the Viking Map. It is a fantasy type MOD. The basic premise is a fictionalized campaign in 453 in the Roman British Colonies. The constant barbarian attacks on the West Roman Empire ended completely around circa 200 A.D. Roman Expeditions into the Germanic Provinces were sent, never to return. Even still, no barbarian tribes were found in the sorrounding areas near the border at the rhine. In 430 however, this would change as a new enemy would enter onto the scene. This "nation" was known simply as the Horde, a combination of many different tribes and villages who over time adopted the same language out of neccessity. No one knows how this group came about, but rumors from the persian lands tell of a great catastophe in the Far East that has pushed whole nations and continents to migrate to the only hospitable land left, Western Europe. As food and water become scarce, more groups add to the growing Horde, creating a force the size which has never been seen before, all in search of the basic resources to survive.
By 453 A.D, the Roman Empire had almost completely fallen. The only lands yet unconquered by the Horde is Britiania. This is where the MOD begins, with the horde only now starting the expansion in the British Isles and Hibernia (Ireland).

So this is the story so far. Of course this may still change, but it is good enough for now.

Factions:
Right now i have eleven factions, with a few more planned. These are
Romans
Horde
Brigantes
Kingdom of Munster
Kingdom of Ulster
Northeners
Irish (needs to be changed still)
Scots(will be changed to the approrate tribe/clan)
Picts (same)
Northumbrians (same)
Welsh (same)

Units and Buildings:So far I have several units planned out but not yet implemented, as well as some more that are faction specific. These i will begin work on in a little while.

This is all i have time to report at the moment, but i'll give more description of my plans, what i have accomplished so far, ect. The only thing i still don't know how to quite do right is create new portraits and animations and such, but i am trying to learn now.

If anyone would like to help out in any way that would be greatly appreciated. :beam:

axel
04-15-2007, 21:29
Hi mate
Sounds really great :2thumbsup:

dimitrios the samian
04-16-2007, 00:59
Sounds great !!! I really like this what if scenarios and I think your mod is going to be a hit .... cheers for now ,, DTS

Iron Lord
04-18-2007, 01:42
So here is a little update so far on what i have done and some more things that i am planning such as unit lists:

What is done/Almost Done
Almost done with Adding all the factions and using proper colours
Almost done with faction starting positions (just a few tweaks left)
Almost done with new faction religions and province religion percentages
Working on unit lists and faction specific units

What I plan on starting soon (i.e before the beta release)
Basic unit creation
Basic building creation
Unit and Building Descriptions

What i plan on starting a little later (probally after the first beta)
Finishing adding all the units i.e. new graphics, portraits, etc.
New faction portraits,royalty names and general names, etc.
New religion icons
Campaign Description

Just wanted to keep everyone updated on the current status, i usually have alot more time on weekends to work on it, so thats when i get the more heavy work done such as new units. :juggle2:

So here is what i am thinking in terms of doing for the units. Each "culture" (The Horde, Romans, Romanized Barbarians, Barbarians, and Hibernians) is going to have its own set of units, and each faction within that will probally have at least one unique unit to it. So far this is what i have thought up but remember this is still basic ideas and the actual names and such still need to be thought up.

Romans (some of the best troops in the game)
Legions
Equites
Garisson Legions/Auxillia
Archer unit/Projectile Unit
varius types of mercenary barbarians
Barbarians (relatively weak compared to the romans but in bigger numbers)
Sword units
Spear units
Nobles
Raider Calvary
Romanized Barbarians (stronger and better organized but will have weaknesses of course)
Warband
Armoured Spearmen
Noble Warbands
different form of the roman calvary
Hibernians (large numbers, suffers from same drawbacks as the barbarians)
I haven't thought to much of the units for them so far and they do not play a major role in this mod so so far they are limited to the normal units from viking invasion and maybe one or two new ones
The Horde (very large numbers, little technology so weapons/armor reflects that, not well organized, all impetous)
Tribal Warriors
Tribal Slingers
Raider Calvary or something like it
Tribal Leaders
Slave Warriors

Alright this is all i can think of for now. Later :beam:

axel
04-18-2007, 21:19
Wooowy great mate:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

macsen rufus
04-19-2007, 12:10
Aha, now I see what the Horde: TW is that you spoke of! :beam:

Sounds like an interesting scenario. I take it your "Horde" will be using the Viking slot?

A couple of ideas for you: the Picts were known as the Cruithne (though no-one knows what they called themselves...); some other major tribes (that I used in my long-lost Britannia 43AD mod):

* Corieltauvi - Mercia, Middle Engel, Dere (with a hero called "Macsen" ~D)
* Ordovicii - north Wales
* Silurii - south Wales
* Atrabates - Wessex etc
* Iceni - East Engel
* Dumnonii - Devon & Cornwall
* Brigantes - Cumbri, Elmete, Beornice and the other one up there :beam:

but I can't honestly remember what I did for the Scots - unless it was Caledonii - or the Irish. The Corieltauvi and Atrabates would be Romanised, as I guess the Iceni would be for your time frame, but the Ordovicii, Silurii and Dumnonii would be your basic barbarian barbarians :beam:

And feel free to use the hillfort and cliff fort maps from Ancient TW, btw, they'd be ideal for the era :2thumbsup:

Good luck and happy modding.

Iron Lord
04-20-2007, 03:03
Heyall, just a little update. I sadly wasn't able to get any work done yesterday because of a paper/project :no: , but after about seven hours or so I finished it yesterday. So today i had plenty of time to mod!

I am inching ever closer and closer to releasing the beta. Just got a couple of more things to do, which hopefully shouldn't take me to long, but who knows.

Anyways I am just about done with the Campaign map, only real things left are placing units/buildings, a few minor tweaks,maybe some economic and trade item stuff (will do most work on this after the first release) and portraits (which i will do after the beta is out, so don't be suprised if you see Romans with muslim portraits :inquisitive:)

I have the final factions list and their corrosponding "culture":
Brigantes - Civilized Barbarian Faction
Corieltauvi - Civilized Barbarian Faction
Cruithne - Barbarian Faction
Romans - Roman Faction
Iceni - Civilized Barbarian Faction
Horde - Barbarian Faction
Ordovicii - Barbarian Factrion
Northeners - Barbarian Faction
Ulster - Hibernian Faction
Munster - Hibernian Faction
Silurii - Barbarian Faction
Irish (only faction lefy to change) - Hibernian Faction
Connacht - Hibernian Faction
Each nation/tribe already has thier proper scripted AI based on the historical actions they most likely would have taken in this time period.
The only religious distinction between any of the groups is between the Pagan Romans and Catholic Romans, and this only affects the region percentages.

Units:
For the first beta I will have a limited number of Buildings done. Unit wise I will have all or almost all of the Roman units ready to go for the first beta, all or almost all of the Hordes units, and all the general units for the other nations, i.e those for barbarians and civilized barbarians without each nations unique units.

Alright well i sure i had some other info I was going to share but i don't remember at the moment, so thats all for now.

Iron Lord
04-20-2007, 03:09
Oh thats it, I forgot to say thanks mascen, those faction names and locations definitely came in handy. Remember i'm here to help if you ever need it for your bronze age mod.

axel
10-12-2007, 23:59
Is this one still on??