PDA

View Full Version : Raiding

vapd
12-28-2001, 18:08
In Shogun I liked to attempt to raid behind nme lines, destroying there trainging grounds. The ability for succsess here was a little limited as as soon as you left a province it would revolt, thereby strenghtening your nme. But sometimes it could be very useful way of destrying your nmes best training grounds and ensuring your tech superiorty.

Ahhhh, now in the medieval period the English used to go on schorched earth raids thru France all the time. We used to send our land army into there lands with scouts out in front. they would find suitable targets with no defence and the army would come in, loot and pillage and then burn eveything. When theyed had enough evryone would run back to an English held castle somewhere. At Agincort we were caught. We didnt want to give battle as the French army was larger than ours...always has been thruout history. But we were on one of our terror raids. How the hell is MTW going to do this facet of medieval warfare.... It wont of course but be nice is it could.

Mojo Jojo
12-28-2001, 23:07
Yeah, I think that would be pretty cool. You're right about them not implemting it, but they have more imortant things to work on anyways. But if it were to be implemented it would probably be like ninja work, or the European equivilent. Instead of having an army do that, you'd probably bring in a special ops unit, and it would attempt some sabotage. Again though, they have more important things to work on, so you're right about not seeing it http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif.

Anssi Hakkinen
12-29-2001, 07:22
The core problem here is that the STW engine does not recognize the difference of an army trying to hold ground and an army just passing through. Since it didn't do that for the Mongols, I doubt it'll do it for Europeans either.

[/doomsayer]