PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Assassins

ShadesWolf
12-30-2001, 19:16
I was reading an interesting book review : The Assassins - The story of Islams Medieval Secret sect - and it made me wonder if we would have assassins in Medieval:Total War

Basically the book talks about

A vivid popular history of the secret medieval Islamic sect of the assassins, ranging from the 11th to the 13th centuries.

The so-called 'assassins' are one of the most spectacular legends of the Middle Ages. The first group appeared in the late 11th century. They were known to other Muslims by the derogatory name of Hashishin, which westerners translated as 'assassin', and were universally loathed and feared.

The sects were involved with the crusaders, and nearly had its destruction at the hands of the Mongols.
http://www.ancienthistory.co.uk/mag.asp?prid=7428

Sir Kuma of The Org
12-31-2001, 21:30
YES!!!!! from the official site (The tour part) "- you'll have to master diplomatic and dynastic skills, cleverly dealing your way to power. Ambassadors, spies and assassins are as much tools of power as the largest armies and sometimes a cunning deal or the elimination of a rival can be as important as victory in battle."

Hope your smiling ShadesWolf http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Yes the camel sprites do look good

evilc
12-31-2001, 23:19
can we control assassins this time??? wishful thinking

ShadesWolf
01-01-2002, 02:07
Should be interesting to see how they handle them this time.

evilc
01-01-2002, 02:33
can we control them like in... wait thats optimistic

qwertyuiop
01-01-2002, 03:36
...Like in street fighter! >HYDUKAN

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
01-01-2002, 23:09
I like the idea of assasins yet they dont really go into much depth on the tour. I mean in STW the ninja were the assasins but you owned them. Ninja were not owned by Lords but rather paid by Lords to commit acts of brutality against other Lords. There were many different sects of Ninja each competeing against the other for contracts to kill people.

This is a better idea than having assasins move around the map owned by you. The idea that you have paid a man to kill someone else yet you have no knowledge of how or how soon he will attempt is mysterious. The fact that STW showed you where 'your' ninja were at all times removed a lot of mystery about them.

If they could some how make it so that the assasins were people that bought contracts to kill people.Instead of people you own who will do your bidding because you own them.