PDA

View Full Version : Great Mod!

sgsandor
04-17-2007, 04:02
This mod is great! When do marian reforms kick in?

aja5191
04-17-2007, 04:20
Whenever you have an Imperial Palace in either Rome or Italy...I forget exactly.

Squid
04-17-2007, 18:35
In any region that has Italy as a hidden resource, I can't remember where DVK put those offhand, but I think Patavium and Mediolanum (in northern Italy have the hidden resource).

DICY
04-24-2007, 06:46
I love this mod. I'm playing as the Romans and so far I've seen better battles than anything in Vanilla RTW, and I only control the Italian Peninsula.

I hit a glitch though. I sent an army to Messana to take it over, but after the battle (which turns out to be a really amazing battle) the game crashes to the desktop. It happens when my army tries to move into the settlement, no matter what action I take. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Squid
04-24-2007, 16:53
If you adon't have -show_err enabled on the command line for the shortcut, if you could add that in and cause the CTD again and let us know what error if any shows up.

To add -show_err go to the properties of the shortcut and in the target line add -show_err after everything that is already there, making sure you put a space in between the stuff already there and -show_err. Also which campaign are you in, the Imperial Campaign or the Provincial Campaign?

DICY
04-28-2007, 00:59
Weird, I thought I replied to this already. I put -show_err in the command line and took Messana again, but it didn't crash. It wasn't the exact same scenario as last time because I left the island and then came back. The first time around was much messier. I had three full armies outside the city and Syracuse had 4 armies outside the city and one inside. I had to fight the battle and then take the city, and there were still piles of troops all around it. This was when the game would crash, but I ended up leaving the island and saving the game before I tried again. When I went back I just beseiged the city, clicked auto-resolve, then enslaved the population and it didn't crash.

I'm playing the campaign that uses the bigmap, which is provincial, right?

I hope the information helps. Sorry I couldn't get the crash to happen again, but I didn't think to keep the save from right before it crashed.

DVK901
04-28-2007, 18:07
If you adon't have -show_err enabled on the command line for the shortcut, if you could add that in and cause the CTD again and let us know what error if any shows up.

To add -show_err go to the properties of the shortcut and in the target line add -show_err after everything that is already there, making sure you put a space in between the stuff already there and -show_err. Also which campaign are you in, the Imperial Campaign or the Provincial Campaign?

Also, make sure you set 'AUTOSAVE:FALSE' in preferrences.txt. The autosave feature is very buggy and causes a LOT of CTD's.

Warmaster Horus
04-28-2007, 18:26
Hey, when's the next patch coming? I've been putting off my next roman campaign for a couple of weeks.
On the other hand I've got Oblivion so I can wait.

Squid
04-30-2007, 20:34
The next patch is in beta testing, when we finish with that it will be released.