PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or...

Sjakihata
01-06-2002, 21:55
Does M:TW look nearly exactly like S:TW?

I don't know if this have been discussed, if yes please refer to the topic.

Many people think it looks great, but as far as I can see they only implemented artilery, other resources, religion, other units but many looks the same just new graphic, and new fractions!

------------------
"-Know your self, know your enemy and your victory will be painless.
-Know the weather, know the terrain and your victory will be complete."
-Sun Tzu(Wu), The Art of War.

ShadesWolf
01-06-2002, 22:08
I can understand what u mean m8

But all u need to do is look at Civ3. This game appears to be the same as Civ2. But its not.

The changes may be behind the scenes, something u cant see graphically. A better A/I could do wonders.....

Sjakihata
01-06-2002, 22:12
What I fear about the AI is that i will to perfect. I don't know the system yet, but maybe when the AI shall use that artilery it hit EVERY TIME, cuz that is something which, I think, is easily progarmable.

And yea, I hope there is some "behind scenes" chnges. MORE DIPLOMACY!!!

theforce
01-06-2002, 22:55
I told the same thing about artillery. Well some high honor artilley would be very accurate making it very dangerous.
Just look games like worms(that sounds funny but notice how accurate the AI is). The developers can easily make the AI to hit everything if they like but that would be very hard to beat. Anyway AI will be better but l don'r expect wonders.

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
01-07-2002, 21:16
I don't like the idea of high accuracy artillery.

If they get four direct hits then you could lose up to four units all at the same time. What would be the point in continuing the fight after that?

The AI needs limited accuracy as do our own seige units.

------------------
Grand Master of
The Knights Templar
"non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"

BakaGaijin
01-08-2002, 08:36
I doubt enemy siege engines and arty will be any more accurate than the ones the players use. CA doesn't take us for morons, you know.

------------------
"If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

Papewaio
01-08-2002, 09:04
Quote Originally posted by BakaGaijin:
I doubt enemy siege engines and arty will be any more accurate than the ones the players use. CA doesn't take us for morons, you know.

[/QUOTE]

------------------
Never start a land war in Asia
Never bet with a Scilian when death is on the line
Never expect anything more then sarcasm from an Australian