PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian Roads

Goatus_Boyus
04-19-2007, 01:44
So in the latest patch it says all Barbarians get paved roads..playing a Getai game,have a city to level 5?..as high as it can go on the browser,and I can't get paved roads.
GB

Teleklos Archelaou
04-19-2007, 02:03
Where has anyone said all barbarians get paved roads? They don't. Celts do, but Sweboz, Getai, and Lusotannan don't.

Wolfman
04-19-2007, 02:59
Why only the Celts? Weren't the getai who are a thracian tribe who were influenced by the greeks who had stone roads.

Wolfshart
04-19-2007, 04:22
Why only the Celts? Weren't the getai who are a thracian tribe who were influenced by the greeks who had stone roads.

They were isolated from much of the hellenistic land simply by geography. They only really started advancing in cultural ways after 200BC or so.

Goatus_Boyus
04-19-2007, 07:19
Where has anyone said all barbarians get paved roads? They don't. Celts do, but Sweboz, Getai, and Lusotannan don't.
Europa Barbarorum 0.81 patch
List Of Changes
Updates -paved roads are now available for barbarian factions.
If it's gaul only that is fine,but reads as if all barbarian factions,more encouragment to play gaul I guess!
gb

Catuvellauni
04-19-2007, 11:01
So the casse, aedui, arverni all have paved roads( or should) because I'm playing as casse and I can't build paved roads, is there some kind of reform?

Ludens
04-19-2007, 11:50
So the casse, aedui, arverni all have paved roads( or should) because I'm playing as casse and I can't build paved roads, is there some kind of reform?
Actually, not all Celts get paved roads, only the Aedui and Averni.

Catuvellauni
04-19-2007, 12:29
is this because the aedui and arverni are considered more civilized than the casse. Do the Gallic tribes also get mining upgrades as well?

Batahr
04-19-2007, 12:50
is this because the aedui and arverni are considered more civilized than the casse?
Knowing the EB team, this is done because there is evidence the Aedui/Arveni did build something better than dirt roads in history (not necessarily 'paved roads' as the romans used) and the casse didn't.

Catuvellauni
04-19-2007, 13:04
ok if there is evidence for them in gaul thats fine.:beam: I'm also just wondering if there is' any improvements in Celtic fortifications? e.g like the Murus Gallicus

Watchman
04-19-2007, 14:06
Modding RTW fortification thingys is a royal pain AFAIK. They did have a side project regarding that going long ago IIRC, but it sorta fell through.

Ludens
04-19-2007, 16:03
Knowing the EB team, this is done because there is evidence the Aedui/Arveni did build something better than dirt roads in history (not necessarily 'paved roads' as the romans used) and the casse didn't.
If I understood TA correctly, this is indeed the case. In Caesar's time the Gauls possessed over a more advanced road network than the Britons and Germans, although this only appeared late in the mod's time-frame. Unfortunately, the game does not allow to set different building requirements per faction, so the Gauls can construct them at the start, like all other factions that get them.

ok if there is evidence for them in gaul thats fine.:beam: I'm also just wondering if there is' any improvements in Celtic fortifications? e.g like the Murus Gallicus
The EB team has been planning this for a long time, but they lack a 3D modeler to actually implement it.

Wolfman
04-19-2007, 20:13
Thanks Wolfshart. I looked up Thrace in my encyclopedia earlier today and found what you said. Its good to have a mod thats historically acurrate and that treats all nations and people fairly. Not just the greek and roman ones.