PDA

View Full Version : Arche Seleukeia Re-established empire

ZaxStrife
04-19-2007, 17:26
has anyone seen this happen before were Arche Seleukeia conquers all the way to india baktria and parthia all of eygpt and nearly all of greece only epirotes left (barely)

i was playing romans (fog of war on) and i had just started a war in greece greek states of sparta etc already dead maks had exterminated them i went to war with the mak's sent 4 legions in (15 units in each) and began to conqueror bout 10 years and ive virtually conquered all greece except constantinople.

maks own a couple of cities around there but not much of a threat anymore. i stop and decide leave one legion to guard greece rest sent bk to italy for retraining, epirotes are allied to me at this time but are up north near segestica.

i decide to check the whole map to see what's there and too my horror the BIG grey demon has conquered all of eygpt india parthia 2 settlements left, baktria 3 i new eygpt was dead but i wasnt concerned i thought wouldnt effect me till the marian reforms or around about. and pontos was a protocrate an from what i saw the mak's had been holding them off at nicea but were bout to fall and as i looked i saw at least 10 full stacks heading towards constantinople O.o

and thus the romani Arche Seleukeia war begins once the maks are gone all out war rages and i just couldnt kill them so many stacks as i killed one stack 2 emerged and they wernet just cheap units i mean heavey and medium galore and i could only defeat 1-2 stacks before my 1 legion was completly exhausted and needed fresh recruits

during this war i had created an extra 5 legions to combat them thats 9 legions total but they werent all in greece at once as i had to constantly bring legions bk for refit and new recruits, sadly i slowly gave ground losing pella after 5 battle for it so many dead 2 legions wiped out and a 3rd barely enough left to make up 5 units out of 15 i eventually decide that giving my lsat remaining cities corinth sparta athens and a few others to epirote holding 1 city for myself so i could pull out and then give it away out of all the 9 legions 3 legions got bk rest ambushed on the way bk or destroyed epirotes eventually pushed bk and Arche Seleukeia owns most of greece

my last attempt to stop the grey juggenaut was to launch an attack agaisnt eygpt to draw their forces away from the italian region,

though i never finished it since my mothboard went bust and had to get new components wish it would happen again what a challenge XD oh and has this happened to anyone else? or had something like this happen with another faction?

Thaatu
04-19-2007, 18:28
In my campaigns Ptolemies have usually beaten the Seleucids, but check out the "0.8x AI Faction Progression" thread in the gameplay guides forum for many diverse stories.

ZaxStrife
04-19-2007, 19:02
thnx ill do that, yeah they usually do very strange for once that the Arche Seleukeia were able to do something like this never seen it happen again though

Ower
04-19-2007, 19:50
Meny people complaine about the Grey Death, especialy thouse who fight them from the begining, check out this thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1511700#post1511700

Fondor_Yards
04-19-2007, 20:57
That's a big yes. The Seleucids are starting to scare me now. The crazy bit is I had just gave a boost to their neighbors to make them stronger, and still got steam rolled.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/FondorYards/picture062.jpg

LordCurlyton
04-19-2007, 21:06
HOLY SH**!!:knight:
At least there's a Baktria to oppose them....

alatar
04-19-2007, 21:10
I raided the AS's tresury and later I will try the money script. Once I took most of there money away egpyt and arabia rebelled.

ZaxStrife
04-19-2007, 21:33
Ah fonder yards u've had what i had i see very scary gits when they get that big dam Arche Seleukeia, but to be honest it was definatly one of the best campaigns ive had, havong to conserve my legions and beat bk those grey gits :duel:

didnt quite work though as i had to abandon greece :surrender2:

but i had some revenge at least a campaign in AS occupied eygpt and retook it for the glory of the roman empire :egypt:

and as for baktria they were allied or protocrate i cant remeber (this game i had was before christmas possibly l8 november)

Fondor_Yards
04-19-2007, 22:56
HOLY SH**!!:knight:
At least there's a Baktria to oppose them....
:wall: I wish, but Baktria won't go to war with them! I've even got them to agree to attack the seleucids using the attack faction thing in the diplomancy window, but they still havn't. They seem content to take the Seleucid's breakaway cities and fight the Sarmatians for control of the useless steppe. The same goes for the Sarmatians, they rather attack Rome and Germania and stuff in central europe, then attack the much more dangerous Seleucids. So that leaves a weaken Epeiros*which will probably be horrible crushed soon* to fight them, which means it's soon going to be a big Roman v Seleucid battle for the Balkans.

Thaatu
04-20-2007, 05:28
That's a big yes. The Seleucids are starting to scare me now. The crazy bit is I had just gave a boost to their neighbors to make them stronger, and still got steam rolled.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/FondorYards/picture062.jpg
At least that almost happened. If Seleucids could have conquered Egypt, then they surely would have turned their attention to Greece. The Bactrian expansion is also quite accurate except for the Steppe provinces. The Roman bloodclot doesn't look pretty though...

LordCurlyton
04-20-2007, 05:54
Eh the Roman bloodclot happens b/c the settlements there are MUCH easier to take than the Gallic ones, plus it usually remains a vast rebel wasteland unless the Sweboz wander in. No Aedui or Arveni to fight. I personally think a lot of those towns should start with basic walls to at least slow the expansion a little. The AI can go sickeningly fast when all it does is march up and take the town in one turn due to the non-need of sieging.

abou
04-20-2007, 07:00
Personally, I think you should welcome your new Hellenic overlords.

ZaxStrife
04-20-2007, 18:25
Never!!! GLORY To The Romanii!!!! "we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" :duel:

LordCurlyton
04-20-2007, 18:41
The Grey Death must be stopped!!! Where's an ISWAT team to plant a tac nuke when you need one?
*mad geek points for those who know what ISWAT is*

Watchman
04-20-2007, 21:57
I thought the Centrans were the only ones willing to gamble on something that drastic ?

Wolfman
04-20-2007, 22:53
Couldn't you try to take money away from the Grey Death thru the Shell? That Might slow their expansion.

LordCurlyton
04-21-2007, 06:14
I thought the Centrans were the only ones willing to gamble on something that drastic ?
Nah I got the distinct feeling that on the anchor worlds ISWAT could and would be just as mean as Centrum. And I wouldn't doubt that if they felt they were going to lose the world to Centrum pretty soon they'd try something drastic like that on a non-anchor world as well to trigger a reality quake/quantum flux (if we can't have it neither can they). All I can think of is that a LOT of worlds are off-limits to the rest of Homeline, which to me = big red flag that Black Ops are afoot.
And you get the Geek Award of the Day:clown:

Watchman
04-21-2007, 11:04
Well, a good portion of those parallels are off-limits because they're scary, weird, or just plain dangerous. The major reason Homeline avoids the drastic stuff AFAIK is that they don't have half of Centrum's mad skillz in those esoteric quantum math thingys, and the Centrans get major backfires from too much fireowrks regardless.

As for the attitude, well, let's just say Reich-5 can regard itself as lucky it's close to Homeline instead of Centrum...
:hijacked: :pirate2:
:stop:
...yessir.:shame:

Afro Thunder
04-26-2007, 04:24
Let's just say that 13 years after I started my Hellenes campaign, I'm trying to beat back the Silver Death at Hallicarnassus. Let's hope those Baktrians, Sakans, Sabyns, and Ptolemaioi (sp?) can keep them busy.