PDA

View Full Version : The Rise of Rome AAR

IvIajoi2n
04-19-2007, 22:49
Difficulty: VH Campaign Difficulty, Medium Battle Difficulty

Wanted to give one of these a try so first off i won't be telling it from a particular perspective it'll be a story told from multiple perspectives and for purpose of roleplaying i'll also roleplay the enemies i fight here's the little rules i came up with.

1. i maintain a strict tie to the character's personality which means i may never higher mercenaries for certain characters as well as various other aspects which i'll later mention. Also i'd like to apologize before hand my history happens to suck so don't expect anything that follows history.

2. cities can only be taken over by legions which will be led by generals wandering armies will only be out on the field as reconnisance or to put down small roving armies. Unless there are slots within a legion designated for mercenaries that legion will never under any circumstance fight with mercenaries .

3. How my order works
Contubernium = 12 - 24 Men
Centuria = 10 Contuberniums
Cohort = 4 Centuria
Legion = 10 Cohorts
============== Legion Roostor =========
Characters which have no designated in game unit will be attached to a unit within the legion
1st Legion
Legatus - Caivs Avrelis Cotta
Tribunus Laticlavius - Lvcivs Cornelvis Scipio
Praefectus Castrorum - Avercius Cornelvis Plancus[Travels with Lvcivs]
Cohort I||Primus Pilus - Gnaeus Varus[Triarii][Triarii]
Cohort II||Secundus Pilus Prior - Titius Varus[Histati]
Cohort III||Tertius Pilus Prior - Angelus Plancus[Histati]
Cohort IIII||Quartus Pilus Prior - Cornelius Avitus[Histati]
Cohort V||Quintis Pilus Prior - Didias Brutus[Histati
Cohort VI||Sextus Pilus Prior - Fortus Celsus[Histati]
Cohort VII||Septimus Pilus Prior - Publius Crassus[Principes]
Cohort VIIIOctavus Pilus Prior - Rufus Gurges[Eqvites Romani]
Cohort VIIIINonus Pilus Prior - Tharcius Brutus[Rorarii]
Cohort XDecimus Pilus Prior - Pontius Taurus[Triarii]
Legion Composition - 2 General Bodyguards, 5 Histati, 4 Principes, 3 Triarii, 2 Rorarii, 2 Leves, 1 Accensi, 1 Eqvites Romani
Game Personality - Cities outside of Italy will always receive either enslavement or extermination carthaginian cities will always be exterminated unless roleplaying leads in a different direction. Cities conquered by this man will have temples not affiliated with rome Immediately torn down. Under no circumstances will he use mercenaries.
On Field Formation
--- 4[Leves] --7[Accensi]-- 2[Leves] ------- =These three units will shift to the back=
5[Titus] 4[Angelus] 3[Cornelius] 2[Didias] 1[Gnaes]
5[Princi] 3[Princi] 7[Publius] 6[Princi] 6[Fortus] 8[Rufus]
10[Pontius] 10[Triarii]
9[Tharicus] 9[Rorarii]
--- 4[Leves] --7[Accensi]-- 2[Leves] -------
[Caivs] [Lvcivs]

I've already coordinated the army assuming that the game doesn't shuffle the unit cards hopefully it'll stay in order.
============= Council/Senate of Rome ======

Manivs Cvrivs Dentavs, Cnaeus Cornelvis Blasio, Cnaevs Scipio Asina

============
Is there a way for me to directly link to another post in this thread so i can set up a table of contents for this? and damn! Capau spawned two indian war elephants when they revolted ><!!! Also side note i did use the money cheat if only to make sure i didn't start this off with negative who knows what amount but i only did money cheats enough to keep my money balance at 0

==========

Book 1: Meager Beginnings

Gathering the Legion[Incomplete] (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1512696&postcount=7)

CaesarAugustus
04-20-2007, 00:23
:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: at Capua spawning elephants. For some reason, when Patavium rebels, they might spawn some ridiculous rebel units like elephants and Augustan legionaries. I guess this is true for Capua, too.

You have an interesting approach of pulling back to Rome, but IMO you will just make the game much harder and more tedious for yourself.

PS: As for your question, there is a way to link to a specific post in a thread but unfortunatle I cannot help you because I do not know how (and would really like to:help: )

IvIajoi2n
04-20-2007, 02:35
Agreed, i'll take that back then it's not really serving much rp purpose and the cities that rebel are spawning units way ahead of the current time period O_o....

deadmeat36
04-20-2007, 02:37
Goodie I cant wait to read this :beam:

CountArach
04-20-2007, 02:55
Is there a way for me to directly link to another post in this thread so i can set up a table of contents for this?

On the top right of someone's post, there is a number of what post it is. Click it, and it opens in a new window. It can then just be copied and pasted.

deadmeat36
04-20-2007, 03:02
Thank you from me too

*goes to do it to his AAR*

IvIajoi2n
04-20-2007, 06:01
This is not historical in anyway whatsoever but i will attempt to at least have some aspects of basic roman life in it
Gathering the Legion

https://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9187/northoftaraskg6.jpg
https://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3416/romesfinest272bcql3.jpg
Prologue
South of Apri the 1st Legion had pitched camp near Taras their intentions weren't of conquest or greed more paranoia. Roughly one third of the legion was present recent uprisings in the north had demanded that half the legion make for the north leaving the southern border to Caivs Avrelis Cotta and what was left of the first legion. At his side Lvcivs Cornelvis Scipio, Avercius Plancus, Gnaeus Varus, Publius Crassus, Tharicus Brutis and Rufus Gurges had remained present within the camp all of them have served under Caivs for at least three months for some even longer. Among the ranks of men were young and old some of them strong as oxen and some who could barely handle a sword all of whom whether they liked it or not were in service of rome.

-------
https://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5161/caivsavrelivscottaky3.jpg
Located in the center of the camp a large tent was set at no point was it left unguarded within the tent Caivs sat meticulously studying the map of the area around Taras. Laid across the floor were the rations for the day which had been neglected by Caivs for the larger part of the day as he graciously put it in no mood to enjoy a meal before a possible blood bath. He also made a note to tell the guard outside to not allow anyone in for the time being, both of them saluted in response returning to their duties as he returned to the inside of the camp. For most of the day Caivs would be allowed to keep to himself sometime mid-afternoon a commotion at the front of his tent broke the dead silence within his quarters. He'd be given no time to respond before he'd feel the tightening grip of the Legion's oldest Centurion head of the 1st Cohorts Gnaeus Varus a tall lively man who was reaching the end of his service to the legion though to everyone's dismay he intended to stay longer.

Gnaeus was easy to spot out of everyone in the camp he was no older then many of the men in the camp but his hair had been turning silver and the way his facial hair had grown out in an odd fashion and the younger men in the legion had nicknamed Gnaeus "Silver-mane". "How are you Avrelis i just thought you could use some company the hell have you been doing here all by yourself?", Gnaeus said in a brisk tone Caivs would've normally dismissed him but he was actually in the mood for a chat after a long day of silence. "Preparing, thinking and planning it might come as a suprise to you but we're not here to enjoy the countryside" Caivs responded sharply Gnaeus looked at him a few seconds before bursting into a wild laughter, "Avrelis we'll always be at war with that attitude you'll become stiff as those fat senators who drag themselves up and about the city streets acting important" Gnaeus said wiping the tears off his face from his laughter. Caivs had already had many victories in battle but he'd yet to find a way to conquer Gnaeus's over-rambunctious attitude on life.

Follwing after Gnaeus's blatant insult came in Tharcius and Rufus they seemed to be arguing about something which was effective in diverting Gnaeus's attention away from Caivs. Rufus had been the youngest among the
Centurions for the past few days the camps noticed his vigor in proving himself to his elders and in reality it's been far more annoying then anything. Tharcius was a perverse man during his service to the 1st legion he's slept with one woman from almost every city or town they've passed by what made it worse was he always talked about his wife and children back in rome. "What are you two bickering about?" Gnaeus said grabbing a hold of Rufus's shoulder to get his attention. "Listen here Varus i was telling Brutus here that his perversion is a hindrance to him on and off the battlefield though it's every mans right to give his body to what woman he wants there's a time when certain things should and should not be done", Rufus said harshly the entire time his hand gripped firmly on Tharcius's wrist to insure he didn't run off. Gnaeus looked at Tharcius then to Rufus a grin on his face he said in a cold tone, "How sad a bunch of old decrepit men decide whether young men should live or die on the battlefield if he can find some pleasure out of the battlefield let him do as he pleases i say......... long as he doesn't make it a habit to snog while on the battlefield". Tharcius, Gnaeus and Rufus enjoyed a long laugh with eachother before sitting around the maps laid in front of Caivs.

Shortly after their seating Lvcivs Corenlvis Scipio, Averciis Cornelvis Plancus, Titius and Publius came trotting in not saying a word taking seats around the map as well. "How many do we have in the camp ready to fight?" Caivs said looking at the seven of them he had an almost stone like expression which demanded attention from all of them even Gnaeus had been behaving himself. "Roughly twenty-one centuria are accounted for most of the legion is still coming down from up north they'll be here in about three months" Lvcivs replied to Caivs who seemed generally unpleased by the news which had been brought to him he looked at Lvcivs and grinned "Well then lets hope that our friends to the south don't decide to march", Gnaeus quickly added in a sarcastic tone "Well said commander with half our legion missing i damn well don't think we'd have enough men to hold me and my boys back from sending those greeks back home to their weeping wives and mothers!".

<Incomplete have to finish later>

deadmeat36
04-20-2007, 06:15
Its very good

I cant wait until you finish this and continue to the next chapter

Good reads :2thumbsup:

Zaknafien
04-20-2007, 06:16
nice approach, I'm loving it so far.

IvIajoi2n
04-20-2007, 18:09
Still in the process of editing the legions if anyone has more knowledge then me i'd be greatly appreciate helpful information

CaesarAugustus
04-21-2007, 02:50
Very good so far, IvIajoi2n! Having a character named Publius Crassus is a bit distracting, even though I'm sure that there were many people with that name in ancient Rome....

I'm looking forward to the next chapter..:whip: :2thumbsup: