PDA

View Full Version : Long time frame for history.

ShadesWolf
12-23-2001, 21:26
After reading the info on the main site, I wonder what factions will be playable at which period.

I would imagine, that u cant play them all, in the same time period. For example, The Ottomans didnt come onto the scene until around 1280 (ish) So will it be assumed that there land was ruled by the Seljuks before that, or will it be independant nations like Ronins states. (This I think would be better)

Anssi Hakkinen
12-24-2001, 01:25
As of now, I don't see any indication of there being multiple main campaign options (set in different time periods) in MTW, like there was in WE. It could be the Ottomans/Turks appear under a different name initially... But IMHO it's unlikely factions will appear out of nowhere as historically. STW also took this kind of liberties with history, why not MTW, then.

Of course, it could be even the developers don't know yet...

[This message has been edited by Anssi Hakkinen (edited 12-23-2001).]

BakaGaijin
12-24-2001, 07:40
Then again, we got the "reappearance" of long-dead clans in STW... an indication that maybe a few major, historical factions will spring from nothingness to overtake under-garrisonned provinces in MTW at a historically-appropriate time?

------------------
Disappear into the Darkness!!

Funkybax
12-24-2001, 17:09
???????????????????

Ottoman
12-26-2001, 16:08
Hello,
ShadesWolf is right here. In the beginning of the First Crusade, in 1095, there were no Ottoman empire. There were Seldjuqs in Anatolia instead. So, if Ottoman turks are mentioned in First crusade, it will be inaccurate.
Ottoman empire is founded at 1299.

Sir Kuma of The Org
01-12-2002, 06:30
It seems Anssi was right about this. The Ign preview mentions that "The game is divided into three general historical periods and not all of the civilizations will be available in each of the periods. The civilizations range from the English, French, and German, to the Russian, Turks, and Mongols giving the game a very epic reach that can be tasted right off the bat."

------------------
Yes the camel sprites do look good