PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE: save games during MP battles

MagyarKhans Cham
01-14-2002, 07:04
When galloping thru our endless empire i was wondering that a save options during MP online battles would be very appreciated.

if we have a battlerecorder and after a drop the recording stops for that dropped guy than why couldnt it (the info stored in teh recordingfiel) be used to restart the battle at that certain point?

I am not a tech guru but i feel a solution is close

Off I go

evilc
01-15-2002, 01:01
sounds complicatedish

MagyarKhans Cham
01-15-2002, 02:11
howl evil

i was referring to the record file we have now, it records teh game so why cxant the same file be used to restart a game from a certain point.

with some face lifting it could be done.

Target are u here somewhere or do i have to track u?

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
01-15-2002, 02:38
Magy supposedly the recording file plays out all the possible outcomes of the battle except the one that actually happened. Well at least thats what I thought they said. How would it work then?? But admitedly im no tech guru either im just a guy who rides around on an osterrich!

------------
"You ain't seen me...right!"

------------------
Grand Master of
The Knights Templar
"non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"

Shoko
01-15-2002, 03:38
Sounds a little too hard to impliment to me!
But would solve many probs here http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Clan Kenchikuka (http://pub14.ezboard.com/fclankenchikukakenchikukacouncilchamber)

Nelson
01-15-2002, 21:07
Cossacks and AoK both have saves in MP. It can definately be done. And should be.

Kraellin
01-15-2002, 22:53
cham,

yes, this is something that could be done. as for whether it shld be done, my experience with mp saves and trying to re-start a truncated game is that it's more difficult than getting microsoft to make a good product. each person needs a copy of the saved game. each original person needs to be there again. and i believe there's one other thing that's needed, but i forget what it is now.

it's possible to do; it's just not very easy to set it all up again. i'm in favor of this, but i put this one as a fairly low priority on my wish list.

K.

------------------
The only absolute is that there are no absolutes.