No.

Then why did you vote me? Are you scum?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-24-2007, 09:16
Do you want me to say something?

Killfr3nzy
04-24-2007, 10:09
And so it begins.....Vote:Stig for lurking. ;p

Note: ^An actual vote; talk and you're Unvoted; s'not like we have a lot to go on right now anyway.

ByzantineKnight
04-24-2007, 10:50
Do you want me to say something?

No, i'm just trying to talk :laugh4:

sapi
04-24-2007, 12:18
Vote: Sasaki

Because I can :grin2:

Stig
04-24-2007, 13:13
And so it begins.....Vote:Stig for lurking. ;p
So you vote me first, and then you say that I have to talk even tho we have nothing to talk about?
I know something to talk about, you maybe, because your reason for voting me is even worse then Sasaki's reason to vote BK or Sapi's reason to vote Sasaki

Warmaster Horus
04-24-2007, 13:23
He did unvote at 11h46.

Stig
04-24-2007, 13:25
No, only if I would talk ... so his vote is worth nothing anyway, and he still makes it, why bother in that case. Just do like this if you don't want to vote anyone:
Vote: Abstain
or:
Vote: No lynch

Killfr3nzy
04-24-2007, 13:35
Or, you could vote someone without votes, so you're promoting discussion without bandwagoning. Granted, there isn't anything to discuss, but it did get you talking right?
Neways, to my end of the deal; Unvote:Stig.

Stig
04-24-2007, 13:39
but it did get you talking right?
No as I didn't say anything that can be of use ... apart from the fact that you made yourself suspicious to me

Killfr3nzy
04-24-2007, 13:43
No, but it does perhaps mean that later on my/your posts can be analysed (Note to Self: Ninja Holmes from Kommo) to try and see if we're guilty.
'Sides, it's the first voting round and there hasn't even beena murder to try and get inspiration from. Imo, at any rate.

pevergreen
04-24-2007, 13:45
Note to thread:

Abstains are counted as No lynches
and
Ninja is Killfr3nzy's language means steal.

Stig
04-24-2007, 13:48
how many no lynch's till a WoG?

Vote: Ichigo, because he hasn't voted Sasaki as first

NOW THAT IS SUSPICIOUS

pevergreen
04-24-2007, 13:55
WoG will be when i feel like it, either in rounds or days. It depends on my mood.

seireikhaan
04-24-2007, 13:56
Vote: No Vote. We simply don't have anything good to go on yet, why lynch an innocent towny?

Warmaster Horus
04-24-2007, 13:59
Vote: No lynch.
Greaterkhaan's right. Why kill someone who would be able to help us? However, in the argument of lynching, we've got one chance in six of killing a Mafia (assuming there are 2 mafiosi).

TevashSzat
04-24-2007, 17:26

Nothing has happened yet, there is nothing that we could really use to lynch someone

Sasaki Kojiro
04-24-2007, 18:28
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not the no lynch argument again. It's just a bad idea. We should really put it in the glossary.

Csargo
04-24-2007, 20:55
how many no lynch's till a WoG?

Vote: Ichigo, because he hasn't voted Sasaki as first

NOW THAT IS SUSPICIOUS

:soapbox: If you cared to check I haven't been online until just now. Vote:Sasaki cause he's obviously guilty. :soapbox:

Sasaki Kojiro
04-24-2007, 21:47
unvote,vote:Ichigo

caving into pressure and using that ridiculous smiley.

Csargo
04-24-2007, 21:53
unvote,vote:Ichigo

caving into pressure and using that ridiculous smiley.

:soapbox: See what I mean. You say ridiculous I say awesomilous.

sapi
04-24-2007, 23:33
Unvote; Vote: Ichigo

I hate that smiley too :beam:

TevashSzat
04-25-2007, 00:16
Hmm...Unvote, Vote: sapi for bandwagoning

CountArach
04-25-2007, 01:00

Vote: Sapi

This was a pure and blatant bandwagon.

pever - How long are the day phases?

Csargo
04-25-2007, 01:25

If you hate the smiley then that means you hate me, which breaks a rule I think. BAN BAN BAN BAN!!:soapbox:

pevergreen
04-25-2007, 01:52
I think this can be timeless.

With 12 alive its 7 to lynch!

CountArach
04-25-2007, 01:58
Timeless - so no limit?

If so, then Unvote

pevergreen
04-25-2007, 02:00
Timeless - so no limit?

If so, then Unvote
:yes: As soon as someone reaches the required number of votes, they are lynched.

In this game, you normally reveal when you are one or two votes away from lynching. (Thats my personal experience from these games)

Sasaki Kojiro
04-25-2007, 02:03
Unvote,Vote:Warmaster Horus

I know from comments he's made that he's read the previous games, so he should know better then to vote for no lynch.

CountArach
04-25-2007, 02:10
Well time is on our side. We can always reveal if we have to. Is PM quoting allowed?

Greaterkhaan's right. Why kill someone who would be able to help us? However, in the argument of lynching, we've got one chance in six of killing a Mafia (assuming there are 2 mafiosi).

This is a stupid argument. We don't know how many kills there will be each night (Though perhaps you do). As you said, if there are two mafia, we have a 1 in 6 chance of lynching them. So why don't we?

Vote: Warmaster

TevashSzat
04-25-2007, 02:41
I think this can be timeless.

With 12 alive its 7 to lynch!

Its gonna be pretty hard to have 7 people vote for the same person when nothing has been done yet with no one really incriminated yet.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-25-2007, 03:04
Its gonna be pretty hard to have 7 people vote for the same person when nothing has been done yet with no one really incriminated yet.

It just takes time and bandwagoning. I suggest we stop discouraging bandwagonning in this game. It isn't dangerous because there is no deadline. Instead, let's be really careful about putting on the 6th or 7th votes. Those are the dangerous votes, unlike in other games where people are lynched with 2 or 3 votes so that bandwagoning is a very real concern.

TevashSzat
04-25-2007, 03:08
It just takes time and bandwagoning. I suggest we stop discouraging bandwagonning in this game. It isn't dangerous because there is no deadline. Instead, let's be really careful about putting on the 6th or 7th votes. Those are the dangerous votes, unlike in other games where people are lynched with 2 or 3 votes so that bandwagoning is a very real concern.

Hmm so I guess I'll bandwagon and Unvote, vote: Warmaster

Warmaster Horus
04-25-2007, 08:10
Though perhaps you do

How would a townie know that? It seems to me that in most mafias there are 2 mafiosi.

Also, I'm sorry to say that by thinking it through, you're right. A lynch does make sense. I've been playing this like a long-term Mafia. :oops:

SK, I read mostly about the long mafias. In which I believe it's more usefull NOT to lynch at the beginning.

So, Unvote.

BTW, SK, why me? Why not greaterkhaan or Xdeathfire? I seem to recall that the latter played in more mafias than me...

CountArach
04-25-2007, 08:36
Hmmm, just because it is early play, doesn't mean we should pile heaps of votes on at page 2.

Unvote: Warmaster

Sasaki Kojiro
04-25-2007, 09:10
How would a townie know that? It seems to me that in most mafias there are 2 mafiosi.

Also, I'm sorry to say that by thinking it through, you're right. A lynch does make sense. I've been playing this like a long-term Mafia. :oops:

SK, I read mostly about the long mafias. In which I believe it's more usefull NOT to lynch at the beginning.

So, Unvote.

BTW, SK, why me? Why not greaterkhaan or Xdeathfire? I seem to recall that the latter played in more mafias than me...

I picked you because I specifically remember you referencing past games. In the large games it is also advantageous to lynch.

ByzantineKnight
04-25-2007, 11:44
Vote: Xdeathfire

Reason: jumping onto every bandwagon possable, are you hiding something?

sapi
04-25-2007, 11:56
Unvote; Vote: Xdeathfire

For bandwagoning.

And I'm not a hypocrite :grin2:

pevergreen
04-25-2007, 12:35
Someone please do a votecount. within the next 11 hours.

TevashSzat
04-25-2007, 12:50
I did not bandwagon at every time. I voted no lynch at first merely because I did not know that there wasn't a time limit and that we needed a majority of the people to lynch. I bandwagoned with warmaster since Sasaki said that bandwagoning was actually encouraged except for the last two votes.

Think of it, if we call bandwagoning at everyone who is a second voter, how are we gonna get the majority of the voters?

Since you guys are accusing me of bandwagoning, I'll Unvote, Vote:sapi again for bandwagoning and being a hypocrite

ByzantineKnight
04-25-2007, 13:00
I bandwagoned with warmaster since Sasaki said that bandwagoning was actually encouraged except for the last two votes.

Havn't you been playing long enough to know not to trust Sasaki?? (unless he tells us to lynch someone)

TevashSzat
04-25-2007, 13:08
But Sasaki was telling us to lynch Warmaster so we according to you should have all voted and lynched him.

Stig
04-25-2007, 13:12
Playing mafia rule #1:
Never trust Sasaki

Warmaster Horus
04-25-2007, 13:28
Vote count, because pever requested it:

sapi: 1 (Xdeathfire)
Xdeathfire: 2 (sapi, Byzantineknight)
WH: 1 (Sasaki)
Sasaki: 1 (Ichigo)
No lynch: 1 (greaterkhaan)
Ichigo: 1 (Stig)

Although I think this list is incorrect. Please check.

ByzantineKnight
04-25-2007, 15:19
But Sasaki was telling us to lynch Warmaster so we according to you should have all voted and lynched him.

Usually he has good hunches, while he has a valid point, I think that you are a better lynch candidate.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-25-2007, 18:10
Vote:Xdeathfire

Don't put the blame on me. Are you saying you voted Warmaster not because you agreed with my logic on bandwagoning but because you thought the fact that I was encouraging it meant you could get away with it?

fos:sapi be serious.

btw we do need to bandwagon my previous post was correct.

Csargo
04-25-2007, 19:43
Unvote:, Vote:khaan

Bah no lynch.

sapi
04-26-2007, 07:59
fos:sapi be serious.Sasaki, I really don't like the randomness of the first round - we're bound to get a townie, or at least that's what my past games have shown - so I won't take anything seriously until we have something to go on.

That said, Unvote; Vote: khaan, as a no lynch simply doesn't help (and Xdeathfire doesn't strike me as guilty, just stupid)

Stig
04-26-2007, 08:10
Sasaki, I really don't like the randomness of the first round - we're bound to get a townie, or at least that's what my past games have shown - so I won't take anything seriously until we have something to go on.
Well we now need 7 votes, so some people will have to bandwagon as otherwise you never get there.

CountArach
04-26-2007, 08:21
XDeathFire’s Posts
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1517613&postcount=38

Nothing has happened yet, there is nothing that we could really use to lynch someone

As Sasaki said the post after, No Lynch doesn’t help us. At this point he didn’t know it was going to be timeless, so he can’t use that defence here. I think that he may just be scum trying to not incriminate himself by voting for an innocent.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1518225&postcount=52

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1518250&postcount=54

Hmm so I guess I'll bandwagon and Unvote, vote: Warmaster

Notice how he simply bandwagons without providing any real hard evidence for why he voted. Everyone up to this point had provided some argument, or had random voted. I know we shouldn’t discourage bandwagonning, but I would prefer a bandwagon with intelligence.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1518638&postcount=61

I did not bandwagon at every time. I voted no lynch at first merely because I did not know that there wasn't a time limit and that we needed a majority of the people to lynch. I bandwagoned with warmaster since Sasaki said that bandwagoning was actually encouraged except for the last two votes.

Think of it, if we call bandwagoning at everyone who is a second voter, how are we gonna get the majority of the voters?

Since you guys are accusing me of bandwagoning, I'll Unvote, Vote:sapi again for bandwagoning and being a hypocrite
Just to refresh everyone’s memory, Sasaki actually said:

Nowhere does Sasaki say that Bandwagoning is encouraged, he simply says that it is not discouraged. A small point, but still anything can help at this point.

The second point is just re-iterating his earlier posts, though he seems more intent to stick with Sasaki, so FoS: Sasaki if XDeathFire turns out to be scum.

And the vote… I just can’t understand this. He votes for Sapi for bandwagoning and Hypocrisy. Wait, hang on. Didn’t he just encourage bandwagoning? This in itself is hypocrisy!

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1518647&postcount=63

This was in response to:

Havn't you been playing long enough to know not to trust Sasaki?? (unless he tells us to lynch someone)

I don’t see the relevance of his points here. He seems to be trying to deflect blame onto someone else. This is a very scummy thing.

So yeah, that is the reason for:

Vote: XDeathFire

sapi
04-26-2007, 08:27
Hmmm...

I also find it hard to believe that he would take my vote against him seriously, especially as I made a point of emphasising the joke in the post.

I'd like to hear khann talk, so my vote remains, but I'll be watching x very carefully...

Sasaki Kojiro
04-26-2007, 08:54
Xdeathfire: 4 (sapi, Byzantineknight,Sasaki,CountArach)
Khaan 2 (Ichigo,Sapi{

Xdeath what do you have to say?

I'd also like everyone's opinion on xdeath (those who haven't given it already).

Stig
04-26-2007, 08:58
I'd also like everyone's opinion on xdeath (those who haven't given it already).
Well hard to say, this being day 1.
We haven't even seen the mafia in action yet, this will be a 50% random lynch.

He however does jump on every bandwagon ... I doubt anyone would do that as mafia, that's just too stupid

sapi
04-26-2007, 09:07
Xdeathfire: 4 (sapi, Byzantineknight,Sasaki,CountArach)
Khaan 1 (Ichigo)

Unvote; Vote: Xdeathfire
You had me on twice; I see that Xdeathfire is by far the best lynch on the little information that we have avaliable.

Khaan is still relitively new and that small bit of conscience inside me is saying to let him live at least another round.

TevashSzat
04-26-2007, 12:43
I would like to say that like what Stig has said, I have jumped on bandwagons which is something that most mafia would not do and that is my third mafia game but more like my second since I didn't participate much in the first Capo one. I am a relatively beginner to mafia so it is quite impossible that I am the mafia

Warmaster Horus
04-26-2007, 12:47
I am a relatively beginner to mafia so it is quite impossible that I am the mafia

This is one of the most recurring defenses by relative newcomers. It is also rather faulty, because mafia are chosen randomly.
New guys can also be mafiosi. Hence, Xdeathfire might be a mafioso.
So, Vote:Xdeathfire.
Sorry mate. It just happens.

seireikhaan
04-26-2007, 13:36
Sasaki, I really don't like the randomness of the first round - we're bound to get a townie, or at least that's what my past games have shown - so I won't take anything seriously until we have something to go on.

That said, Unvote; Vote: khaan, as a no lynch simply doesn't help (and Xdeathfire doesn't strike me as guilty, just stupid)

While not lynching someone might not help us, persay, it ensures we don't hurt ourselves at a point when we don't really have a ton to go on. I'd like to wait until at least one kill before we decide to start lynching people. Oh, and as for Ichigo wanting me dead, he seems to like killing me in mafia games. He's tried killing me off in every game we've both been in.

Warmaster Horus
04-26-2007, 15:42
Maybe Ichigo can explain that, but for now you're not the one who needs to defend himself the most.
Xdeathfire has 5 votes, I believe. We only need two more to lynch him.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-26-2007, 18:08
He has 6. No one put the last on until he has claimed.

@GreaterKhan: What do you expect to learn from the kill? Lynching is the only way to beat the mafia.

Warmaster Horus
04-26-2007, 18:24
He has 6
Sorry, my mistake

No one put the last on until he has claimed.

Until he claimed what?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-26-2007, 18:30
Well if he claims cop we won't lynch him for example...

Warmaster Horus
04-26-2007, 19:06
Uhh... You'd be inclined to believe a desperate guy? You've probably given him an idea there, too...

Caius
04-26-2007, 19:50
Vote:Abstain

Let me re read it.Then I will change my vote

Csargo
04-26-2007, 20:05
Maybe Ichigo can explain that, but for now you're not the one who needs to defend himself the most.
Xdeathfire has 5 votes, I believe. We only need two more to lynch him.

:soapbox: :inquisitive: :furious3: :bigcry: :thumbsdown: :dizzy2:

Sasaki Kojiro
04-26-2007, 21:47
Uhh... You'd be inclined to believe a desperate guy? You've probably given him an idea there, too...

That's how this is usually done. It's a method of ensuring we don't lynch power roles. If he claims cop when he's actually mafia he'll either be counterclaimed this round or in the future, or shown to be lying when the real cop is nightkilled (pever usually reveals roles upon death).

Warmaster Horus
04-26-2007, 23:04
If he claims cop, and is counterclaimed this turn then the cop is commiting suicide. If the cop claims later, we let a potential mafia off.

pevergreen
04-26-2007, 23:38
That's how this is usually done. It's a method of ensuring we don't lynch power roles. If he claims cop when he's actually mafia he'll either be counterclaimed this round or in the future, or shown to be lying when the real cop is nightkilled (pever usually reveals roles upon death).
just for that comment, im going to let xdeathfire be lynched.

Xdeathfire has been lynched.

Congratulations.....someone!
Xdeathfire was mafia.Warmaster Horus was mafia. Sasaki was mafia. Ichigo was mafia. Killfr3nzy was mafia. Caius was mafia. greaterkhaan was mafia. sapi was mafia. CountArach was mafia. Stig was mafia. BZK was mafia.Warluster was mafia.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-26-2007, 23:41
^^I'm confused

If he claims cop, and is counterclaimed this turn then the cop is commiting suicide. If the cop claims later, we let a potential mafia off.

uh but then we do lynch him later instead of lynching a possible cop this round. So obviously the best choice for the cop is to not counterclaim right away.

pevergreen
04-26-2007, 23:44
:grin2:

Game over. Everyone thought they were the lone mafia.

:laugh4::laugh4::laugh4: :laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4: :laugh4::laugh4:

Sorry about that, it was just hilarious. In the new thread, the actual game will start.

TevashSzat
04-27-2007, 02:03
See? I was right in that we should have voted for Warmaster

Sasaki Kojiro
04-27-2007, 02:11
heh heh, I thought that bandwagon took off quickly.

CountArach
04-27-2007, 06:02
lol, that was unusual.

sapi
04-27-2007, 06:30
Good joke, now that we know about it :grin2:

Warluster
04-27-2007, 07:03
lol, I actually forgot I was mafia.

Warmaster Horus
04-27-2007, 08:22
Maybe you should take a break from cleaning Mithrandir's stables pever...

Caius
04-28-2007, 01:04
wTF?

I did received a you are a mafioso PM?

I cant believe this!

CountArach
04-28-2007, 08:05
As it happens, when I was writing my post against XDeathFire, I was thinking, "Wow, if I knew he weren't mafia, I would think I had caught one right here."

TevashSzat
04-29-2007, 20:06
lol, I suspected there was something funny going on, but didn't think pevergreen would have done this