PDA

View Full Version : Castles

ShadesWolf
01-06-2002, 21:42
How do we think they r going to handle the castle idea.

As far as we know :
Quote Spectacular Castle Sieges. Pound castles into the dust with a vast array of siege weaponry, including: Siege Cannons, Mangonels and Ballistae.[/QUOTE]

So I hope they have learnt some lessons from Shogun, which in my opinion, the castle part of the game doesnt really work.
All a defender really needs to do is wait and pick the enemy off from inside there castle.

Lets hope that the attacker gets some type of advantage, if he didnt think he could win, he wouldnt have attacked, so lets hope that they either get a Koku advantage, or more units. In my opinion, it would be unfar if siege weapons cost alot, and made up part of the attackers army, ie both sides have 16 units, the defender has 16 combat units, the attacker has 12 combat units and 4 siege unit, I dont think this will work

So how r they going to handle this,any ideas guys......

Flame of Udun
01-07-2002, 00:53
I always wondered what would happen if a rock that was launched by a treb would hit a man? lol hed probably cease to exist

theforce
01-07-2002, 01:40
Hmmm this is simple. You can destory castle walls so defender will have 2 gates to defend and also castles are bigger that menas he not so packed. Things are gonna work out l believe.

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
01-07-2002, 21:07
Yeah but still if he has 4 seige units that can't fight he is still disadvantaged. Even with two 'gates' the defender has more units (even if they are depleted from seige attacks)

I hope they can oversome that.

------------------
Grand Master of
The Knights Templar
"non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"

theforce
01-07-2002, 22:17
If you could capture a nice area to throw off your shells then the defender would be forced to come out. Anyway we shall see how they figure things out over at EA.

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html

Vanya
01-07-2002, 22:48
GAH! Is CA adding a cow chukka to MTW?!? Now THAT would be cool! Given a choice of trebuchet, cannon or bovine chukka, I'd go for the chukka every time.

Catiline
01-08-2002, 02:16
You want Stronghold, then you can have a cow chucking trebuchet

------------------
Oderint dum metuant

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
01-08-2002, 22:38
Cool Ilike chukking cows at people in castles.

It brings back memories of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" anyone ever see that film?

When they are at the French castle and the French throw a cow at them.... man that cracks me up. Infact the whole film cracks me up.

------------------
Grand Master of
The Knights Templar

Hirosito
01-09-2002, 03:07
if you find a nice place to place your siege weapons then you can pound the wall if the defender attacks it might be on your terms. if not you pound the wall until time runs out then you attack the next season without siege weapons. the opponents walls might not be repaired yet

------------------
Hirosito Mori

Gentile or Jew
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Krasturak
01-16-2002, 03:01
Krast wants to see castles that are real fighting positions rather than large walls and impassable areas.

The Shoggy castles totally suck.

A castle is a defensible place that affords protection; the defender's soldiers ought to be able to fight from the walls, fire arrows from hidden places and so on.

Sir Kuma of The Org
01-16-2002, 04:59
Originally posted by Krasturak:
"...the defender's soldiers ought to be able to fight from the walls, fire arrows from hidden places and so on..."

From the previews i read, it won't happen (fight from the walls and hidden places). You will have to build towers, and from the towers, you will be able to use archers and other stuff.

------------------
Yes the camel sprites do look good

Krasturak
01-17-2002, 06:53
Oh, and the open space where the gate ought to be should be fixed.

Some kind of (temporary?) barrier ought to be blocking the way.

Sir Kuma of The Org
01-18-2002, 03:01
Originally posted by Krasturak:
Oh, and the open space where the gate ought to be should be fixed.

Some kind of (temporary?) barrier ought to be blocking the way.

In one of the new pics at gamespot(The winter battle scene) we see DOORS half open on the palissade in the background!

Also about sieges they wrote that "bombarding castle walls with catapults or similar devices that can break down castle walls will take that advantage away--though it admittedly takes time."

I like the idea that it will take some time to break down the walls, because if it's too easy, no sense building them in the first place.

------------------
Yes the camel sprites do look good

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
01-18-2002, 05:15
I agree no point spending money that can be wasted when some treb throws a cow at you!(6)

I like cows, but not in that way u sick little people!

------------------
Grand Master of
The Knights Templar