PDA

View Full Version : historical inacuraccies

Yama
01-15-2002, 15:49
what u think about that ?
i saw pics with warrior on camels; but the camels were not used bye the turks or the saracen's mameluke either ; they used arabian horses ( big quality horses which dont get tired and run faster )

theforce
01-15-2002, 19:04
We shall see Yama as the game is near release. I am sure there will be many questions about these. I am also sure there is a history guy helping guys out like in the original TW.

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html

solypsist
01-15-2002, 23:35
whoah! you mean there are historical inaccuracies in a computer game ??!!!!

evilc
01-16-2002, 01:04
no, you shattered my illusion, i thought C&C red alert was accurate, dam. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
01-16-2002, 01:33
LOL Yama you change everything man! Never satisfyed with what you've got eh? Oh well change is good.............right?

------------------
Grand Master of
The Knights Templar
"non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"

theforce
01-16-2002, 02:52
C&C is a realistic game in a far galaxy...
Anyway evilc Yama rised a point and you guys are flaming him. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/frown.gif
Shame!!!
Well Yama have you been to the battles? You think cause l drunk historian said it, it's true?!?!?!
Do you have PROOF of turks or saracen's mameluke didn't use camels?
Anyway that's is what pathces are for!!!

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too. http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html

[This message has been edited by theforce (edited 01-15-2002).]

Sir Kuma of The Org
01-16-2002, 05:08
Always amazing to see how "veteran" patrons are nice to newbies.....Nothing more than a bucket of sarcasm to feel welcome.

[This message has been edited by Sir Kuma of The Org (edited 01-15-2002).]

Erado San
01-16-2002, 18:54
Well, the arabs certainly did use camels if anybody did... Look, this is mediaeval. I think they went to war with anything they could lay their hands on, like everybody else. The arab horses were certainly famous in warfare, but no doubt they used camels here and there as well.

If they want to make this 'historically correct', they should forget about organised units alltogether, because mostly a battle happened when 2 armies clashed into eachother. There was some organisation, but not nearly as organised as we see in the game.

So while everybody will agree that the historic content should be treated very seriously, it's still a game. And for some reason I think a unit on camels will look very cool! So I like them. And if they're not historic, so be it.

But yeah, ppl could be a bit nicer to new ppl. We'll get enough of them before the game is released.

Catiline
01-16-2002, 20:01
After all we already have a crack unit assault camels scouring the moors in OT in a fruitless search for one of kuma's hideous creations

------------------
Oderint dum metuant

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
01-16-2002, 21:08
Kuma, Yama is no newbie. He is just a diehard fan of the TW series who wants to make it the bstit can be. He made a tourney with His rules of what the Sengoku Jidai era was really like. It was a shame no-one shared his visions on that.(I have bad connection Yama I blame the computer:-)

------------------
Grand Master of
The Knights Templar
"non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"

Yama
01-16-2002, 21:11
Sir Kuma and theforce thankz for the support; when i said that though to that egyptians and other arabs and muslin that will play this game; and they know from school that their warriors didnt used camels in the crusades; in a topic about Finnland and other norsemen somebody said that romanian ( and i am one ) are 80 % a slavic nation and i didnt like that; i explain to that person that this isnt true ; i thought that this forum is basically made for communication between players for sharing experiences and so on...well it's understandable some sarcasm for some person that is "glorified" by the on-line games but is necessary to remember u the discussion in this forum about the defensive skills of heavy cavalry? there was a debate about this and some people pointed that they would like the game be more accurate from a historical view; somebody ask about proves ;i have some history books about saracen's armies in my library and i ll look from some on-line sources; i dont see the reason to not have an opinion cause u dont see me on-line ; u ll see me i really want that too but i am a very busy person and for me time really count and make the diffrence ; C Ya!

------------------
Pride and Honour

theforce
01-17-2002, 03:21
Yama sarcasm is an everyday thing in the forums. I was intenting to insult you or anything just saying things for fun.
Anyway you have to trust EA on this one. They have a pro working with them. The game should be very realistic but there might be some inaccuracies. Well only time will show.

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html

Yama
01-17-2002, 17:09
ok i got the point http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif
u want camels in the game whatever it takes
yeah..is just a game

------------------
Pride and Honour

Murad
01-22-2002, 06:57
as a turk, i see no problem with having camel warrior as long as we also have other cavalry units on horse. Bc that was one of the biggest strength of the Seljuk and ottoman armies.

Muchoman
01-22-2002, 17:29
I actually read somewhere that camels were used in war (dont remeber who used them though), horses didnt like the smell of camel so camel cavalry was the perfect way of fighting horse cavalry. The horses would rear or try to get away.

Yama
01-22-2002, 22:09
yes i heard about camels used in wars ( some where used against the persians as elephant destroyer and some by the tuareg band of thieves) but i never heared about regular army troups with camels againts the europeans ;

------------------
Pride and Honour

evilc
01-23-2002, 00:53
i am sorry if i offended anyone with my pathetic atempt at humour.