PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get information on EB2?

I Am Herenow
04-26-2007, 18:01
I've been hearing news of a Europa Barbarorum 2. Is this true? If so, is there a thread/forum I can look at?

In general, how is progress coming along with EB? I think it's a great mod, especially considering it's been done by enthusiasts, rather than programmers who get paid to do it. Obviously, as it's still BETA (I assume, as it is <0) there are typos (Roman has a capital "R"!), missing descriptions etc. but generally I like the feel of it.

So: where can I get the low-down on progress/future updates/etc.? Anything I can help with - anything you guys are struggling with?

Also, have you guys considered changing the name? It might broaden the appeal - everyone assumes it's a minor Gaul/Europe mod or something. If you like the name, maybe just change it to "Orbis Barbarorum"/"Mundus Barbarorum"? Or just "Barbari"? That would let you keep your motto.

Or maybe something closer to the original title ("Bellum Maximum")? Or what about just calling it "War" and having "war" in all the factions' languages (and letterings, if possible) in the background?

Sorry if you're not meant to suggest this, but I thought it would make sense.

Ludens
04-26-2007, 18:31
EB2 was announced back in Oktober in this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=70569), but AFAIK no information has been released about it other than two possible faction symbols in the Easter preview.

Zaknafien
04-26-2007, 18:40
this is probably really the best place for info on EB II, its unknown if or when we will open an EB forum on the M2TW fora, since all of our fans and developers come to this one.

Warmaster Horus
04-26-2007, 19:03
It might broaden the appeal - everyone assumes it's a minor Gaul/Europe mod or something.

I don't think I need to speak up for the EB team, but if you browse mods, and eventually find EB, you look at the faq and discover it's a TC.
If you're looking at a downloads center (that shows file size, number of times downloaded, stuff like that) and you see the EB download, you can pretty much guess it's not a minor mod.

I Am Herenow
04-26-2007, 19:09
But still, wouldn't a different title make more sense?

Also, is EB2 going to be an M2TW mod or just a better RTW one?

Zaknafien
04-26-2007, 19:12
EB II is for M2TW. Or perhaps for the Kingdoms expansion.

I Am Herenow
04-26-2007, 20:00
Oh right, so judging from the thread it's a mod for M2 but it's still going to be set in the era of the Roman Empire?

Zaknafien
04-26-2007, 21:10
it will cover the same time period as EB I

Al-Masri
04-27-2007, 16:56
If its for the Expansion Kingdoms, then nearly everything will be moddable per a CA interview on twcenter.

Redmeth
04-27-2007, 17:00
Well being able to mod everything sounds a bit too good to be true, but I think you guys should make it for the expansion so it would not be like EB1 which is not officially for BI, plus if it comes out in the fall there's a lot of stuff you could do before Kingdom comes out converting the models, the descriptions etc. without "locking in" EB2 into M2TW without the expansion.
Just my opinion I don't pretend to try to tell you what to do.

I Am Herenow
05-08-2007, 20:42
If its for the Expansion Kingdoms, then nearly everything will be moddable per a CA interview on twcenter.

Interesting - do you know where I can read that interview (i.e. do you have a link at all)?

Al-Masri
05-08-2007, 21:52
Here ya go

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95285

I Am Herenow
05-08-2007, 22:13
Thanks very much! :D