PDA

View Full Version : Napoleonic Interactive!

CountArach
04-29-2007, 08:37
I am going to start a new interactive here, very soon. It starts in November 1799. Napoleon has just risen to the post of Chief Consul of the Directory of the French Republic, however he is not yet an Emperor.

The powers of the world are still fighting this upstart "republic", a threat to everything they hold dear. The current members of the so-called "Second Coalition" are the Austrian Empire, Great Britain, the Ottoman Empire and the Kingdoms of Naples and Sicily. Russia left the war in the previous month, after being defeated in the Helvetic Republic (Modern-Day Switzerland) and the British insisting that they could search any ship on the seas.

Currently the French are in command of Egypt, however their grip is tenuous at best, fighting against British naval attacks and Ottoman land attacks.

Here is the map as it stands:

https://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/CountArach/euro1803.gif

(As said, France also has Egypt, which shall be considered a seperate battleground altogether).

I need players for all the major powers, as well as some of the smaller nations. Note that as the game develops, certain triggers may occur (known only to me), that may result in new nations being developed. In additoin new nations can come into existance from peace treaties.

The game is divided into two basic sections:

The First section is the strategic game play. For this part you will be PMed a number of options that you can choose from. In some cases you will be allowed to choose more than one option.

Your actions in this part will have ramifications, some of which are obvious, some of which will not be obvious for several months, or perhaps even years. Many of these are the result of international politics or real historical events.

If you do not PM me by the deadline (Usually one week), then I will assume you are not doing anything.

The other section of the game is the battles. This is where your armies fight. Every Corps that you have will have an assigned number of troops when created (Build along roughly historical lines). You must choose how many Divisions to subdivide each Corps into. The more divisions, the lower the combat abilities of each division (Due to there being less men), however more division give greater tactical flexibility.

If you enter an area in which an enemy army is located, then you will go into “battle mode”. With this you are given a hexagonal grid, with your Corps on one side and the enemy Corp on the other side. The grid is fairly large, and represents most of a region. You will PM me 3 turns worth of moves. A Corps can move one grid in a turn at normal pace, or two grids at double pace (Resulting in lower morale for the next two moves). Each grid can only have one Corps in it at a time.

If you move into a grid with an enemy Corps, you will enter a battle. How well you fight will depend upon the skill of your General in charge of the Corps (Each Corps has a different General or Marshal). Here many things come into play, including how veteran your men are, how good their morale is, and how well the campaign is going.

Every turn in Strategic mode represents a month. Each turn in battle mode represents a day.

I know these are complicated, but they will make sense when they are used. I am here to answer any questions you have.

You may place anything you wish into this thread. You can request assistance against an enemy. You can write up propaganda for your people (Which may result in extra options with your PMs), you can question the motives of other rulers or you can just question something with another nation.

The only diplomatic things that must be made public are Ceasefires, Peace Treaties and Declarations of War. There will always be a Fog of War when it comes to Diplomacy. Ceasefires will last a certain number of months (As negotiated by the players), before hostilities recommence.

When negotiating peace treaties, you may do anything you wish, including things like demanding reparations for the war, demanding complete annexation, releasing new nations or simply demanding a small amount of territory. The choice of what occurs must be PMed to me by BOTH players.

EDIT:

Here is the example of how the battle system works:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1525943&postcount=36

Alright, I know there will be questions, so fire away!

Currently signed up:
France - Derfasciti
Batavian Republic (Vassal of France) - Warluster
United Kingdom - shlin28
Austria - Ichigo
Prussia - AggonyDuck
Russia - Kagemusha
Spain - LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
Ottoman Empire - GrandLordofPoop
Denmark - GiantMonkeyMan
Naples - King Kurt
Sweden - IrishArmenian
Portugal - Destoryer of Hope
Saxony - Caius Flaminius

This is not the whole list. If there is anyone you particularly want to play as, then just ask. Any nations not played by anyone will be played by me, probably in a vaguely historical manner. I will advise that someone who has some good idea of the period plays as France, because IT WILL BE HARD.

Kagemusha
04-29-2007, 09:47
I could join this one. Please post the rules,but im definately intrested of the period.:yes:

AggonyDuck
04-29-2007, 11:52
I'm interested in Prussia, so sign me up.

Kagemusha
04-29-2007, 14:06
I think i could take Russia.:yes:

SwordsMaster
04-29-2007, 14:17
Hmm, yeah, give us more details.

Rodion Romanovich
04-29-2007, 15:28
I'd like to try Spain

shlin28
04-29-2007, 16:24
I would like to play as the UK

IrishArmenian
04-29-2007, 19:00
May I play as Sweden?

Lord Winter
04-29-2007, 23:47
Russia please,

Csargo
04-30-2007, 01:25
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo Prussia :bigcry: Well I'll Austria.

CountArach
04-30-2007, 04:51
Alright, I have some of the rules written up, but still need to refine them. I'll add them this afternoon.

Pick again DoH, Kagemusha already picked Russia.

Lord Winter
04-30-2007, 05:02
Sorry didn't see that,

Then could I chose Pourtagal

CountArach
04-30-2007, 05:52
Sure

Rules put up.

Hepcat
04-30-2007, 06:21
France!

Franconicus
04-30-2007, 07:03
Isn't the ruler of Austria also the Emoeror of the HRE?

CountArach
04-30-2007, 07:18
Technically yes, but I want a way to represent the smaller nations. Alright, the HRE will be a vassal of Austria.

Rodion Romanovich
04-30-2007, 07:36
Sorry didn't see that,

Then could I chose Pourtagal
Damn, now you ruined my glorious masterplan for uniting the Iberian peninsula :grin:

Franconicus
04-30-2007, 07:46
...The HRE will be a vassal of Austria.
:inquisitive:

Can I have Denmark?

GiantMonkeyMan
04-30-2007, 07:48
gah... i wanted to be portugal or uk but was waiting for the rules to get put up :wall: oh well, i guess i'll be denmark please

sounds good btw

Rodion Romanovich
04-30-2007, 12:34
The battle system seems quite complicated. Will we get a map with the grid described above?

King Kurt
04-30-2007, 15:07
As Naples had a reputation for having the preetiest uniforms on the worse troops and a flambouyant leader - it sound just right for me!!

So put me down for Naples.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/Murat2.jpg

Cuts a dash, doesn't he!!

CountArach
05-01-2007, 07:05
gah... i wanted to be portugal or uk but was waiting for the rules to get put up :wall: oh well, i guess i'll be denmark please

sounds good btw

lol, Franconius beat you by 2 minutes.

And sure, places updated.

EDIT: And yes, both players will be supplied with the map.

GiantMonkeyMan
05-01-2007, 07:43
i swear he just edited his post because i would have remembered him having written that.... gah! :dizzy2:

ottomons :juggle2: sweden

neither of them really appeal to me... i'll go for sweden... even though i don't really want to (maybe i'll conquer all of denmark to make up for it :2thumbsup: )

Rodion Romanovich
05-01-2007, 07:46
There are 2 Sweden in the list, IrishArmenian is one of them ~:)

Franconicus
05-01-2007, 09:41
i swear he just edited his post because i would have remembered him having written that.... gah! :dizzy2:

ottomons :juggle2: sweden

neither of them really appeal to me... i'll go for sweden... even though i don't really want to (maybe i'll conquer all of denmark to make up for it :2thumbsup: )

In this case I step back and appologize! :shame:

Warluster
05-01-2007, 10:25
Can i play as a vassal?

if not then ottoman Empire please.

If so then Batavian Republic please.

King Kurt
05-01-2007, 14:29
Due to me not reading the small print, the Kingdom of Naples is ruled by King Ferdinand, not Marshall Murat whose image was in my last post!!!

In the interest of historical accuracy, meet the King of Naples - not as striking as Murat, but still a fine figure of a man.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Ferdinand_i_twosicilies.jpeg.jpeg
For completeness, I include the power behind his throne, the Queen Marie Caroline, sister of Marie Antoinette.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7f/Maria_Karolina_of_Austria.jpg
I have just been returned to my throne after a peasant's revolt, lead by Cardinal Ruffo, ably assisted by Nelson and the English fleet.

Looking forward to some fun and death to all Jackobins!!!

Rodion Romanovich
05-01-2007, 15:51
Spain is currently led by king Charles IV
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/Charles_IV_of_Spain.jpg
...of the Bourbon dynasty, the same dynasty that was overthrown in the French revolution. Spain's protest against the execution of the French king led to a French declaration of war. After a short campaign in the Pyrenees, the Spanish army was forced to retreat, and Spain was invaded by France. Charles IV left much of the administration to his wife's lover Manuel de Godoy, who became Prime minister and negotiated peace with France, on conditions which could be described as de facto vassalhood of Spain in relation to France. Recently in one such treaty, in order to get back land lost from France during the French invasion, Manuel de Godoy accepted a treaty in which Spain was forced to declare war on Britain and Portugal.

Historically, Spanish official foreign policy, led by Godoy's policies, ended up making Spain support France without getting much in return during most of the Napoleonic wars period, and despire his title "prince of peace" he was responsible for causing Spain to be drawn into wars that proved disastrous for them, including the battle of Trafalgar, as well as eventually making way for tempting Napoleon to put the Frenchman Joseph I Napoleon on the throne. This caused massive revolt from the people, who took full advantage of the terrain to wage guerilla war on the French occupying forces, tying down so large reserves of French troops that it made way for their defeat on other fronts, and inflicted heavy losses on them. During the peninsular war, Wellington took advantage of this isolated French garrison and the superiority of the British fleet to land a British led army in the area, and managed to inflict several defeats on the French forces in the area.

Caius
05-01-2007, 16:06
Im in!

GiantMonkeyMan
05-01-2007, 17:28
In this case I step back and appologize! :shame:

if it means you are without a country to lead then i will let you have denmark since i am in a good mood :D

and since IA has sweden i'll and take control of the ottomans... unless warluster isn't allowed to be the batavian rep

i do believe that makes all the countries (except vassals) with leaders then

Rodion Romanovich
05-01-2007, 19:11
Announcement:

:spain: The King of Spain announces that Great Britain and Spain have agreed to make peace.

IrishArmenian
05-02-2007, 02:46
King Gustav IV Adolph requests a demonstration of this battle system, please.
http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=11327
Me mug!

Derfasciti
05-02-2007, 02:50
I can't be 100% certain at this moment but i think I'd be able to play Sweden... Or Denmark if that's an option.

edit again:

Heck... IS there a faction I could play as? I'd love to play if it's at all possible.

CountArach
05-02-2007, 04:54
Curently there is the Holy Roman Empire, though if you want to play as someone more specific, or as someone else altogether, just ask. If someone wants to be Tuscany for example, then they can feel free to.

I didn't think as many people would be interested as this :wink:

BlackAxe3001
05-02-2007, 05:07
What the heck, why not. If there is room I'll play. Give me someone easy, as this is my first interactive.

CountArach
05-02-2007, 06:08
How the Battle System Works

Alright, here is a basic guide to the most complex, confusing, and (I like to think) best part of the interactive. The Battle system.

Alright, below is a battlescape. Two enemy armies have walked into the same region. For the sake of this example, we shall say it is Southern Saxony.

https://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/CountArach/MapExample1.jpg

The map is a 28x14 Hex map, with each Hex coloured to match the terrain in that area. In this case:
White = Open plains/Farmland,etc, etc
Green = Hilly area
Light Blue = River
Brown = Bridge
Red = Town

The River is impassible, except at a Bridge. Bridges may be destroyed, by sending me a PM to do so, however not all the bridges on a map may bedestroyed during a battle.

Hills are not singular hills, rather they are an area of land of varying steepness, however all of it is suitable for defense.

Towns are just that. Small areas that are inhabitted by civilians (Who have probably run like hell as soon as they saw the armies). Note on the hills in the north, how two of them have both a green and a red part. This means that it is a hill with a town on it. This is a very, very valuable defensive position, as it gets the best of being high up and defensible.

I PM this map to both players, and they PM back where they want to deploy (I assign at top/bottom side to each player, depending on the route of approach).

https://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/CountArach/MapExample3.jpg

As you can see, the Blue player (French) has 6 Corps, whereas the Austrian player has 4 Corps. The French player has deployed around two hill clusters, each with a town on it. In addition their V and VI Corps are deployed on the Eastern Flank, perhaps to try to effect a breakthrough, or to outflank the Austrian lines.

The Austrian player, on the other hand, has decided to take up defensive positions around the town on their Centre-left. In addition they have the IV Corps on their Eastern flank to try to defend their flanks, or destory the bridge if things get desperate.

Now the players PM to me where their Corps want to move. They have to send me three turns worth of orders for each Corps. This should be in the following format:

I Corps: Turn 1 - Force March Two South
Turn 2 - Force March One South and One South-West
Turn 3 - Hold

Remember, forced marching means you move two, however for the two next turns you are at a slightly lower morale.

https://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/CountArach/MapExample2.jpg

After I have recieved both sets of orders (Hopefully withing 24 hours :wink:), I update the map. As you can see, the French have advanced towards the centre-left, yet have left the V Corps as a reserve. The Austrian player has taken up positions defending two bridges, and have deployed around another one, waiting for the French, hoping they can hold on.

Once two Corps have reached the same place, a battle is fought. I am still working the kinks out of this, but suffice to say that you will not know exactly how things work. Just be advised that the more veteran your men, and the better your General in command of that Corps, the better your chances of winning.

I have decided that two Corps of the same side may join the same tile ONLY WHEN A BATTLE IS ALREADY BEING FOUGHT. So, if a battle lasts more than one day (nt uncommon at these times), you can move reinforcements in. However, the catch comes in you having to anticipate where the battles will be fought.

Alright, I am sure there will be MANY questions, so fire away.

CountArach
05-02-2007, 06:11
Alright, all the nations are filled. If you still want to join, then feel free to suggest a nation I missed (On the map).

I placed Caius as Holy Roman Empire, and I placed BlackAxe as Tuscany.

CountArach
05-02-2007, 08:49
Franconius has said that GMM can play Denmark. This leaves Ottomans available.

CountArach
05-02-2007, 10:43
If everyone could research a bit about what their army is like in 1799, it would be a huge help to me. I know most of where the French and Austrian armies were in November 1799, though if they could provide still research it as well, it would really help me.

If you could post it in here as well, it would be a great help.

Rodion Romanovich
05-02-2007, 11:07
Announcement:

:spain: Declaration of Madrid: The Spanish King declares that for the coming years, Spain will maintain a policy of armed neutrality in the conflict between the 2nd Coalition and the French Republic.

Rodion Romanovich
05-02-2007, 12:11
Spanish army:

Edit: thx Kage for the post below this one!

* The size of the Spanish army in 1799: probably larger than in 1808. The years 1799 to 1808 saw a decline in economy and army for Spain, due to involvement in war with both Portugal and Britain up till 1808. The exact numbers for 1799 are difficult to guess.
* The size of the Spanish army in 1808: 191,500 of which 51,000 were reserves
* The size of the Spanish army in 1812: 160,000 troops, however of lower quality than in 1808, but useful for sieges and blockades

The Spanish army commanders weren't of top quality but on average not too bad either. Some lower-level commanders were apparently lacking in experience at times, especially from 1812 onwards, where the Spanish conventional army had to be formed out of previous militia and guerillas. The 1799 Spanish army should be decent in quality of commanders, but not quite as good as the French.

Over the course of 1799 to 1815, the Spanish did win some larger battles with inferior numbers, but lost most of their battles, however in many of them they had inferior numbers or worse equipment.

The Spanish fleet was a bit outdated compared to the British but not compared to the French. The Spanish was still oriented towards line battles, and not to the same manouverability demonstrated by Nelson.

The Spanish guerillas were highly effective, and the Peninsular war is said to have caused 300,000 French casualties in total. Of these, perhaps half were due to the guerillas, the rest due to conventional battle with Spanish, Portuguese and British troops and due to disease and supply problems in all these campaigns.

Here's a more detailed list of the Spanish army troops in 1808:

INFANTRY:
2 Foot Guards regiments, each three battalions of 1,000 men
35 line infantry regiments, each three battalions of 700 men
10 foreign line infantry regiments (1 Neapolitan, 3 Irish, 6 Swiss)
12 light infantry battalions, each six companies of 200 men
43 militia battalions, each of 600 men
4 provincial grenadier regiments, each two battalions of 800 men

CAVALRY:
2 Horse Guards regiments, each five squadrons of 120 men
12 heavy cavalry regiments, each five squadrons
6 light dragoon regiments, each five squadrons
6 hussar regiments, each five squadrons
[Note: there was a chronic lack of horses, for 15,000 cavalrymen were only 9,000 mounts.]

ARTILLERY:
6 horse batteries
13 foot batteries
21 fortress batteries
1,000 sappers and engineers

These troops were organized into seven armies and one reserve. In autumn 1808 the situation was as follow:
Army of the Centre - General Castanos [45,000 men in 69 battalions and 60 squadrons, ? guns]
Army of Galicia - General Blake [37,000 men in 79 battalions and 4 squadrons, 38 guns]
Army of Aragon - General Palafox [23,500 men in 32 battalions and 5 squadrons, 5 guns]
Army of Estremadura - General Belvedere [12,500 men in 14 battalions and 7 squadrons, 24 guns]
Army of Granada - General Reding [11,500 men in 12 battalions and 4 squadrons, 6 guns]
Army at Somosierra - General San Juan [11,500 men in 20 battalions and 6 squadrons, 22 guns]
Reserves - 51,000 men They were stationed in various points of the country, including the Balearic Islands.

Kagemusha
05-02-2007, 12:28
Here is an exellent site of the armies of the era with some very detailed information.I will post bit later some info about the Army of Russian Empire.

http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/NAPOLEON_FOREVER.html

Grand Lord of Poop~
05-02-2007, 22:05
darn it. seems like ive missed the party...I love the napoleonic era!!!!!!! ive been studying it for all my life...

btw: kagemusha, im a regular contributor to that website and been there for years...

:embarassed:

Derfasciti
05-03-2007, 02:56
Ditto, Napoleon was my very first real book on history. I owe my passion for history because of him.

So, if there's ever an opening or a new faction (I'm assuming there's no more left?) then please PM me, I'd probably be able to play.

CountArach
05-03-2007, 08:00
Derfasciti has taken BlackAxe's place.

If you are interested Grand Lord of Poop, you can have Ottoman Empire.

Kagemusha
05-03-2007, 10:07
What do you guys think,are the battles with corps sized units bit too big to handle.That would mainly negate the use of artillery and cavalry.Maybe a basic size for controllable unit on battlemap should be Division/brigade?

PS. Grand Lord Of Poop,Thanks for your contributions on that site.The information there is truly great and detailed.:bow:

Warluster
05-03-2007, 10:28
Hey Ca, just a bit of research (not from wiki) but it seems that the Batavian Republic is not a vassal of France, merely a defensive ally. oficial in 1795 by the Treaty of Den Haag.

So could I please just be a seperate nation, not a vassal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wapen_Koninkrijk_Holland.jpg

Tran
05-03-2007, 10:43
Greetings, what's up with the Napoleon's army link? I can't seem to open it at all...always gave me the usual site not found error.

CountArach
05-03-2007, 11:35
What do you guys think,are the battles with corps sized units bit too big to handle.That would mainly negate the use of artillery and cavalry.Maybe a basic size for controllable unit on battlemap should be Division/brigade?

This does sounds better. If everyone else wants this, then just say so.

Hey Ca, just a bit of research (not from wiki) but it seems that the Batavian Republic is not a vassal of France, merely a defensive ally. oficial in 1795 by the Treaty of Den Haag.

It is a vassal in all but name. Don't worry, there is a chance that you will split off later, and you will have some control over your own foreign policy.

And teh site works for me Tran.

Also :bow: @ Grand Lord of Poop - I have enjoyed reading many things on that site in the past.

AggonyDuck
05-03-2007, 12:01
Yup, the division size does make more sense, so go with it.

Derfasciti
05-03-2007, 23:38
Thanks for letting me join. Unfortunately I'm not very experienced in all of this so I ask for patience. That being said, I've only been able to find a little information on Tuscany during this time and so if there are any research suggestions please show me.

And when exactly do we start?

CountArach
05-04-2007, 04:43
Probably on my Sunday, so late American Saturday. Though don't hold me to that.

For the smaller nations (like Tuscany) I am just going to Approximate.

Warluster
05-04-2007, 07:00
Just in case you start early or something Ca, I am going away for a few nights.

CountArach
05-04-2007, 09:28
Its alright, you will have a week to respond.

Hepcat
05-04-2007, 10:15
I'll just warn you in advance that I'll have difficuilty keeping regular checks on this topic during the week since I have school, work, band rehersals and homework so I'll probably only really be able to post and stuff on the weekends.

Tran
05-04-2007, 10:33
Hmmm...maybe you shouldn't take France, and play smaller faction like Tuscany instead?

Derfasciti
05-04-2007, 16:39
Well, I'm Tuscany.

But I guess I wouldn't mind taking France. That is of course if Hepcat is willing to switch.

Grand Lord of Poop~
05-04-2007, 21:38
haha.

but ok Count I'm willing to take Ottoman Empire if that's the only one left. although you do understand that I'm not that well-informed regarding the ottoman empire compared to other European nations. nevertheless, its alright.

and btw: like some people have said above, I am also really busy so you can only expect me in the weekends, and even not all the time...sorry...oh and the division, like what kagemusha has stated, would be an ideal tactical unit for the battle system. :2thumbsup:

Grand Lord of Poop~
05-04-2007, 21:52
His Most Imperial Majesty the Sultan (HMIMTS), Selim the III of the Ottoman Empire:

We condemn the French attacks on our Egyptian lands. We also ask for the support of all our allied nations (especially the British navy patrolling the Mediterranean) to stem the influx of these barbarians.

to France: What will you gain? You may want to try and achieve the glories of Alexander and Caesar (who both attacked Egypt). But you will not, cannot, and shall not succeed. Our armies may be in decline, but we have vast numbers and numerical superiority (almost 10 to 1! that's a sure win, no matter the technologies). Stop this fruitless war, or you will fail, like in history. (the french attacks on Egypt proved to be unsuccessful in the end and they withdrew)

Grand Lord of Poop~
05-04-2007, 21:54
@ Count:
contrary to popular belief, the Sultan, Selim III in this case, was actually a generally wise ruler who did some reforms to the declining army. So I hope people don't view us as a bunch of middle-eastern hodgepots...

and also: if my current ruler dies, i will still be able to continue the game with the new ruler, right?

CountArach
05-04-2007, 21:59
Yes, you will get a new ruler. However, if there is a succession crisis, you will only get half your Kingdom, and will have to fight back to get the rest!

shlin28
05-04-2007, 22:03
His Most Imperial Majesty the Sultan (HMIMTS), Selim the III of the Ottoman Empire:

We condemn the French attacks on our Egyptian lands. We also ask for the support of all our allied nations (especially the British navy patrolling the Mediterranean) to stem the influx of these barbarians.

to France: What will you gain? You may want to try and achieve the glories of Alexander and Caesar (who both attacked Egypt). But you will not, cannot, and shall not succeed. Our armies may be in decline, but we have vast numbers and numerical superiority (almost 10 to 1! that's a sure win, no matter the technologies). Stop this fruitless war, or you will fail, like in history. (the french attacks on Egypt proved to be unsuccessful in the end and they withdrew)

As an allied nation, the United Kingdom would be glad to aid our allies, with our combined forces of land and sea, we will surely prevail!

Hepcat
05-05-2007, 02:24
Hmmm...maybe you shouldn't take France, and play smaller faction like Tuscany instead?

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking, I'm sorry but I just don't have time for this at the moment. Maybe next time. So France is now up for grabs.

Sorry people. :shame:

Derfasciti
05-05-2007, 03:07
Hepcat, are you saying you're gonna just take Tuscany or not play at all?

Once again, I'd be willing to take up France (that was my hope from the beginning though I knew it to be impossible at that moment.) But I'd still have to ask for some guidance for research and all if that is not yet done.

CountArach
05-05-2007, 04:20
Alright, you have the job. I have researched France, so don't worry about that.

Damn these PMs are taking ages to write up.

Hepcat
05-05-2007, 06:13
I'm not playing at all. I just don't have the time or energy required for it at the moment.

Derfasciti
05-05-2007, 13:36
Allright, maybe next time Hepcat. :smiley2:

Kagemusha
05-05-2007, 13:53
So Derfasciti,you are now the source of all evil in Europe?:clown:

Derfasciti
05-05-2007, 14:03
Evil? Pah, I'll have those English dogs worshipping me in no time:charge:

shlin28
05-05-2007, 14:24
Evil? Pah, I'll have those English dogs worshipping me in no time:charge:
O rly? We British with our fine tea and experienced navy will crush your snail-eating army! :smg::surrender2:

Grand Lord of Poop~
05-06-2007, 08:08
the ottoman army, starting from the 17th century onwards, was divided into three broad categories:

- the irregulars, of very poor quality and called up only in emergenicies
- the provincial troops
- the regulars (almost solely comprising the janissaries)

(both infantry and cavalry were divided into these three categories)

during peacetime, the only elements on active service are the regulars (janissaries) posted around permanent garrisons. with occansional provincial levies raised in times of need or unrest. the janissaries were called "ojak" and divided into "ortas (regiment)" and again into "odas." after the reforms of suleiman I the magnificent the regiments were divided into three classes; the "jemaat (101 regiments)" the "beuluk (61 regiments)" and the "sekban (34 regiments)." the sekban were in charge of guarding the sultan while the jemaat were in charge of guarding the borders. the strength of each regiment varies greatly, sometimes as low as 100 men, or, when war was imminent, up to 500 men. by 1805 the total strength of the regular troops had reached more than 112,000. promotion was strictly within the regiment. the regulars recieved no payment in peacetime but were assigned rations, supplemented by whatever crafts they practiced. the are no regulated uniforms except for the universal tall red cap. officers are distingiushed by the color of their boots (the sultan's guards wearing red, others yellow, and subordinate officers black.) discipline was enforced severely, and the men could not marry nor grow beards.

the irregulars of the ottoman army provide a huge pool of manpower for the empire. potentially every able-bodied man could be pressed into the army. although completely lacking in weapons, discipline, or strategy. they have huge numbers and could be dangerous.

the tactics used by the regular troops comprised both medieval and modern strategies; they used firearms but were equally adept with a sword. contrary to popular belief, the regular troops of this period were skilled in weapons-handling and brave, their main drawback being their lack of cohesion and total inability to act as a group. every man was for himself and rushed upon the enemy as fast as he could. their attacks are ferocious but, if beaten off, are equally useless.

the ottomans possessed a navy of considerable power: with 60 ships-of-the-line, 100 frigates, and 200 galleys in 1800. the principle source of seamen coming from the Aegean Islands of Greece. the ship construction were similar to their European counterparts, as with their sailing ability. but they lost heavily when it comes to tactics. the naval officers were also distinguished by their boot colors, while the regular personnel have no uniform. one regiment of janissaries were employed as marines.

Cataphract_Of_The_City
05-06-2007, 14:01
Interesting interactive. Any plans for an earlish Greek revolution? If so, I am up for it.

shlin28
05-06-2007, 15:50
Is it starting soon? (We English have almost no paitence)

Rodion Romanovich
05-06-2007, 16:38
Neither have we Spanish! We have already made peace with Britain and Portugal, and planned reforms for very long ahead! If this continues we might as well have conquered the entire world before the next chapter :tongue:

Grand Lord of Poop~
05-06-2007, 19:13
me too ,me too! if this fantastic interactive doesn't start, I'm going to start hijacking this thread!! i want my decisions!! his majesty the sultan has grand plans for his burgeoning empire ahead!! (Sultan Selim III reformed his army into something more of european style...)

ps. CA, i assume you will give us some freedom in ruling our states? such as establishing new departments, reforming the army, etc? (it would make the game much more fun, but of course you are still in charge)

Grand Lord of Poop~
05-06-2007, 20:55
arrrrrgggghhh, i want me decisions. the turkish sultan shall unleash an army of 10,000 janizzaries to CA's residence...

Caius
05-06-2007, 21:00
The Roman Emperor is at the wait.

Derfasciti
05-06-2007, 21:01
Give Count the time he needs. Enough of this rushing, please. I mean, I'm as eager as the next guy to get this started but we should try to avoid putting too much pressure on someone who was so nice in the first place to create and run this IH.

AggonyDuck
05-06-2007, 21:32
In 1806 the Prussian army consisted of 200,000 men: 133,000 infantrymen, 39,600 cavalrymen and 10,000 artillerymen and few thousands of engineers, garrisons, reserves etc.

Infantry
2 Guard infantry regiments (2 battalions each)
58 infantry regiments (2 battalions each)
1 jager regiment (3 battalions)
27 grenadier battalions
24 fusilier battalions

Cavalry
13 cuirassier regiments (5 squadrons each)
14 dragoon regiments (10 x 5 squadrons and 2 x 10 squadrons)
9 hussar regiments (10 squadrons each)
1 'Towarzysze' regiment (10 + 5 squadrons)

Artillery
4 foot artillery regiments (36 12pdr batteries of 8 guns)
1 horse artillery regiment (20 6pdr batteries of 8 guns)
reserve (2 10pdr mortar batteries, 1 light mortar battery, 4 7pdr howitzer batteries, 8 6pdr batteries)

Infantry information:

In 1806 the infantry consisted of 60 infantry regiments (2 battalions each, total of 120 musketier battalions), incl. the regiment of Foot Guard. There were also 27 grenadier, 24 fusilier and 3 jagers battalions.

Grenadier battalion had 805 men:
. . . . . . 18 officers (and 4 surgeons)
. . . . . . 56 NCOs
. . . . . . 12 drummers and 8 fifers
. . . . . . 8 sappers
. . . . . . 600 grenadiers and 40 reserves
. . . . . . There were also:
. . . . . . riflemen: 40 Schutzen with 1 bugler.
. . . . . . artillerymen: 1 NCO and 17 privates

Fusilier battalion had 690 men:
. . . . . . 19 officers (and 4 surgeons)
. . . . . . 48 NCOs
. . . . . . 5 drummers and 7 buglers
. . . . . . 8 sappers
. . . . . . 520 fusiliers and 40 reserves
. . . . . . riflemen: 40 Schützen with 1 bugler.

Each of the 120 musketier battalions had (theoretically) 830 men:
. . . . . . 22 officers (and 5 surgeons)
. . . . . . 60 NCOs
. . . . . . 15 drummers (and 6 oboye players for the I Battalion)
. . . . . . 10 sappers
. . . . . . 600 musketiers and 50 reserves
. . . . . . riflemen: 50 Schützen with 1 bugler.
. . . . . . artillerymen: 1 NCO and 17 privates

Cavalry regiments:
Most often the Prussian cavalry regiment had 400-600 men in three or four squadrons. (Each squadron had also 2 pack horses.) The Decree issued in February 1813 stated that the regimental staff consisted of 1 commander, 1 adjudant, 1 Rechnungsfüher (an officer as accountant) 1 staff trumpeter and several non-combatants.

Artillery:
The basic tactical unit in artillery was battery (approx. 8 guns). Each battery was didvided into 2 half-batteries. Until 1806 batteries were judged by the speed of unlimbering and the smartness of appearance rather than the speed or/and accuracy of fire. The number of guns available for field service totalled:

24 'bombardement pieces"
84 normal 12pdrs
120 heavy 6pdrs
320 light 6pdrs
16 10pdr mortars
76 10pdr howitzers
34 7pdr howitzers

Well this was pretty much the best I could find. Additionally Prussia had a population of ~9,7 million at the start of the Napoleonic Wars.

CountArach
05-07-2007, 07:31
lol, eagre aren't we.

Well I have done the longest PMs (The French one alone is about 4 pages in Word), so perhaps tomorrow afternoon for me.

Interesting interactive. Any plans for an earlish Greek revolution? If so, I am up for it.
Maybe, we'll see how things run.

Is it starting soon? (We English have almost no paitence)
*Shakes fist at Brits*

Neither have we Spanish! We have already made peace with Britain and Portugal, and planned reforms for very long ahead! If this continues we might as well have conquered the entire world before the next chapter
lol, awesome.

me too ,me too! if this fantastic interactive doesn't start, I'm going to start hijacking this thread!! i want my decisions!! his majesty the sultan has grand plans for his burgeoning empire ahead!! (Sultan Selim III reformed his army into something more of european style...)

ps. CA, i assume you will give us some freedom in ruling our states? such as establishing new departments, reforming the army, etc? (it would make the game much more fun, but of course you are still in charge)
Absoltuely, however Military reforms are something that really needs a reason. There is no need to change something that has been working. So, if you lose a major war, you are allowed to change your military.

Give Count the time he needs. Enough of this rushing, please. I mean, I'm as eager as the next guy to get this started but we should try to avoid putting too much pressure on someone who was so nice in the first place to create and run this IH.
Hehe, the voice of reason.

Thanks AggonyDuck

AggonyDuck
05-07-2007, 10:17
Yes, let the Count take his time. After all we, the King of Prussia, do need more time to come up with new designs for uniforms. My army needs to look as if dressed to kill, after all looking dazzling in ones uniform is already half the battle. The other part is the haircut and hence why we are thinking about doubling the amount of barbers in our army.

Tran
05-07-2007, 13:15
Infantry information:
...Grenadier battalion had 805 men:
.......12 drummers and 8 fifers........

...Fusilier battalion...
.......5 drummers and 7 buglers.......

...musketier battalions...
.......15 drummers (and 6 oboye players for the I Battalion).......

...Cavalry regiments:...
.......1 staff trumpeter and several non-combatants.......
Was these really necessary? :inquisitive:

Kagemusha
05-07-2007, 13:40
http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/russian_flag.gif

Empire Of Russia

Infantry

By September 1805 Russia had:
# 13 grenadier regiments (heavy infantry)
# 22 jäger regiments (light infantry)
# 84 musketier regiments (line infantry)

Cavalry

In the beginning of 1812 were:
Army cavalry: 8 cuirassier, 36 dragoon, 5 uhlan, and 11 hussar regiments

Artillery

In 1805 were 11 foot and 1 horse regiment of artillery.

Imperial Guard

Foot Guard

n 1800 the foot guard consisted of the following troops:
# Preobrashensk Lifeguard Grenadier Regiment [4 battalions]
# Semenovsk Lifeguard Grenadier Regiment [3 battalions]
# Ismailovsk Lifeguard Grenadier Regiment [3 battalions]
- Lifeguard Jägers [1 battalion]

Horse Guard

In the beginning the Guard cavalry consisted of two brigades:
Cuirassier Brigade. No body armor until 1812.
# Guard Cavalry Regiment (also called Chevaliers, Kavalergarde)
# Lifeguard Horse Regiment (also called Garde du Corps, Horse Guard)
Light Cavalry Brigade
# Lifeguard Hussar Regiment
# Lifeguard Cossack Regiment

Guards Artillery

In 1801 the unit consisted of 2 heavy, 2 light and 1 horse company, with a total of 52 guns. In 1805 the horse company was separated and called Lifeguard Horse Company. Between 1810 and 1812 the horse company was commanded by Captain Rostislav Zaharov. This unit was awarded for 1812 campaign. In 1812 the horse artillery had 2 horse companies.

Cossack´s

In 1811 the assignment of Cossack regiments was as follow:
- in Finland: 3 regiments
- along the border from Poland to the Dniester: 13 regiments
- with the Army of Moldavia: 29 regiments
- in the Don: 12 regiments
- in Georgia: 8 regiments
- in Orenbourg (eastern Russia): 4 regiments and 1 Kalmuck Regiment
- in the Caucasus: 6 so-called 'Colonial Regiments' and 3 of so-called 'Voisko'

AggonyDuck
05-07-2007, 15:35
Was these really necessary? :inquisitive:

We can't have our dashingly clothed men march imposingly without proper music can we? Proper music and exquisite uniforms go a long way in creating the necessary élan for a successful army.

shlin28
05-07-2007, 17:31
The Army of the United Kingdom in 1800

http://www.regiments.org/regiments/uk/lists/ba1800.htm

Thats a lot of regiments I can control :2thumbsup:

IrishArmenian
05-08-2007, 00:09
http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/c_swedecav.html#skanska
Good list of Swedish Cavalry units for the timeframe.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/mcnelly/vb/articles/NapoleonicSwedish.htm#Swedish%20Involvement%20in%20the%20Napoleonic%20Wars:
This one is better.

Csargo
05-08-2007, 03:40
Yeah I've got no idea. I read something that the Austrian army numbered around half a million men......Not sure though.

CountArach
05-08-2007, 04:09
I've got numbers for them at the start.

Thanks for the help there guys!

Tran
05-09-2007, 00:34
We can't have our dashingly clothed men march imposingly without proper music can we? Proper music and exquisite uniforms go a long way in creating the necessary élan for a successful army.
Yeah, precisely.

I'm just worried that when the enemy approach, they'll be the first to flee :grin2:

AggonyDuck
05-09-2007, 03:25
Bah! A true Prussian does not flee!

GiantMonkeyMan
05-09-2007, 18:36
hey CA, how will you do naval battles? after all, the danish aren't exactly famed for their land battles, or naval tbh but at least i have a large fleet at the start, i think they could pretty much be the same as land battles but with wind direction denoting the distance travelled... or you could be just like the other CA and have naval battles automated :laugh4:

Tran
05-10-2007, 00:49
... or you could be just like the other CA and have naval battles automated :laugh4:
In that case, "CA" has to make sure that this Interactive is "patched" to get rid of the bugs :laugh4:

CountArach
05-10-2007, 07:53
*Rolls eyes at pun* - That's why I have the custom title :P

Anyway, I am thinking of "Auto-resolving", however if you have a history of a strong navy, then you are more likely to win these battles (As one would assume).

Tran
05-11-2007, 05:27
What's up CA?

Does the Interactive got delayed again just like the promised patch 1.2? ~;p :laugh4:

CountArach
05-11-2007, 07:02
Sending PMs out now...

CountArach
05-11-2007, 07:27
Alright, all PMs are sent. The deadline is Sunday 20/5.

If you did not get a PM, PM me.

Also note that some things require you to post in the thread and to PM me with your choice, and do what it says. Once you PM me with your choice, also post what you decide in a more In Charater way in this thread. This is my way of making sure that nations are forced into International Diplomacy.

CountArach
05-11-2007, 07:31
Also Tran, are you playing as any nation?

Tran
05-11-2007, 07:42
Also Tran, are you playing as any nation?
No, I'm not (not yet at least). I know Franconicus and BlackAxe at one point in this Interactive stated they wanted to play/join, but I don't know their status. So if I join, I guess I'll be no.2 in queue. Probably I'll fill the left spot though (Tuscany), which I have no idea at all...

CountArach
05-11-2007, 07:50
Up to you. If you want to play, then say so.

Tran
05-11-2007, 07:59
Nah, I'd rather watch the bloody carnage in Europe rather than join the quarrel. Perhaps if things already cool down, I'll be in...

Warluster
05-11-2007, 08:58
From the Republic of Batavia;

As of now, we are celebrating our victory over the Russians and british last year, after their invasion.

Though the Republic has decided one thing. We dearly wish to not be caught up too much in this war. We wish to be kept out of it.

If we are invaded, we shall fight back. If a matter clearly has to invovle us, we shall help, but never shall the Batavian Republic invade another country.

Signed ; Chancellor of the Republic,

And another 100 signatures underneath of all other councillers

shlin28
05-11-2007, 16:44
From the United Kingdom

To Russia: We would be willing to not search any ships with Russian flags if you would be willing to rejoin our alliance

To France and Batavia: The naval blockade will be stepped up and any French ships shall be boarded and taken. If you keep up honnouring this upstart Corsican the entire might of the British will be upon you!

Edit: We share our grief with the American people after the death of their beloved president, the renowned George Washington, perhaps now we could now be allies instead of former enemies?

Signed : William Pitt the Elder

Rodion Romanovich
05-11-2007, 16:47
From Spain:

Spain announces a series of reforms:
- Spain will introduce the metric system of the French Republic
- Spain has made a pact of friendship and defense with Portugal
- Spain has made peace with Britain
- Spain will maintain a policy of neutrality and self-defense. Spain and King Charles IV expects every man to do his duty!
- Spain announces religious tolerance to all religions. Non-Christians will however pay 2% higher tax than Christians.
- Spain invites scientists, merchants and industries who wish a safe climate for research, trading and production to settle in Spain
- Spain announces that the Spanish army is the best in the world. Our 500,000 brave soldiers have the best equipment, the best training, and the highest morale in the world.

GiantMonkeyMan
05-11-2007, 17:01
From Denmark:

-The people of Denmark condem the British decision to search any ship as they please. No ship of Denmark would be willing to hold foreign soldiers or deserters from your own army and thus we wish it to be known that we are confused by such high minded tactics. We will permit searches in the high seas for we do not wish for any nation to take advantage of our neutrality and attempt to confuse other ships using our flag. However, any ship attempting to stop Danish shipping in and around the Baltic Sea shall be met with aggression from our own fleet.

-We also realise the contributions the Norwegian people have made to our great Kingdom of Denmark-Norway and thus it is our wish that the Norwegians be granted greater autonomy within our nation.

shlin28
05-11-2007, 17:18
From Britain:

The Government of his Majesty George the Third recognises Danish soverignity in the Baltic sea, and will not conduct further searches of ships in the Baltic sea.

Judge
05-11-2007, 17:26
when does this start ?? out of interest as i am the Prussians advisor of military tactics to General AggonyDuck ~:cheers:

:turkey: :england:

Rodion Romanovich
05-11-2007, 18:26
It started today :jumping: , I just received CAs PM!

shlin28
05-11-2007, 19:11
After meeting with other Members of Parliament, we decided to withdraw the offer for the Russians, although we would still honnour our agreements with the Danes.

CountArach
05-11-2007, 21:42
when does this start ?? out of interest as i am the Prussians advisor of military tactics to General AggonyDuck ~:cheers:

:turkey: :england:

Today, though yesterday for me :2thumbsup:

Derfasciti
05-11-2007, 22:03
Do we post MILITARY decisions/movements too?

Derfasciti
05-11-2007, 22:08
OOC: I'll post my decisions when I'm more secure in what I'm actually supposed to post.

IC: We won't be snide like those Englishmen.The great French Republic wishes to offer a full extension of our hand in friendship and good will. We have only recently ended hostilities but in the greatest of enmities can contain the budding flower of friendship. Our respective countries have very similar interests and it would be an honor if we could re-open full discussions on a possible alliance of some sort.

First Consul of the French Republic, Napoleon Bonaparte.

CountArach
05-11-2007, 22:24
Do we post MILITARY decisions/movements too?

No, just the things I specifically told you to post. These should remain silent. I suppose you can give them away if you want, though I fail to see a reason why you would.

IrishArmenian
05-12-2007, 00:34
Sweden has welcomed the trade agreement proposed by Denmark and wishes them well in whatever they may pursue.
Sweden proposes an alliance with the Tsar of the Russian Empire in the hopes of prosperity between our people. Same with the Kingdom of England and Spain.

Caius
05-12-2007, 00:37
Im not going to do much things...at the moment.

CountArach
05-12-2007, 05:23
You have to PM that to me Caius.

Kagemusha
05-12-2007, 10:44
Russia announces that it is ready to receive diplomats of all countries and is open for negotiations.Currently we claim neutrality.We are looking forward for privately sent diplomatic offers that will benefit both parties. To Sweden please send us a private messenger about the alliance you are suggesting,so we can talk about more of the terms.

shlin28
05-12-2007, 13:15
To Saxony and Prussia,

As Saxony and Prussia, as well as Austria our ally and us Great Britain were all proud people with Germanic ancestory, perhaps a small treaty of friendship could be agreed on?

To France,

We would never make friends with a country who abandonned their own royal family and executed them! We would support the French royalists to the end and we call upon all Royalists to join our cause!

AggonyDuck
05-12-2007, 15:06
Prussia can certainly accept a treaty of friendship as long as it doesn't threaten the neutrality of Prussia. :bow:

Grand Lord of Poop~
05-12-2007, 15:08
*puts on best pirate imitation* Arghhhhhhh, looks like this has finally started!!!! (sorry, I have been busy and away for a few days...) Me and my mates shall kill those arrogant French dogs!! :furious3:

Grand Lord of Poop~
05-12-2007, 15:22
His Most Imperial Majesty the Sultan (HMIMTS for short), Selim III of the Ottoman Empire:

We wish to make clear a few things:

1. His majesty wishes to modernise and reform the army, equipping them with more contemporary weapons.

2. We welcome all specialists (let it be scientists, artists, engineers, philosophers, etc.) to our nation to boost our productivity.

3. We encourage the Egyptian Mameluks to raid and harrass the French as much as possible, the following rewards shall be given to those deserved:
- 1 dead Frenchmen ($5)
- 2 dead Frenchmen ($15)
- 3 dead Frenchmen ($30)
and so on...(keeps adding by five to original number)
- French supplies ($40!)
- and the final reward: to expel the French from Egypt and return to the Empire!! ($5000! you split amongst yourselves)

4. We would like to express our desire to join the Second Coalition alongside the other nations (against the French)

5. We are open to all treaties and alliances as long as we can retain our neutrality and benefits.

6. We would like to establish the Sublime Porte (aka Ottoman Empire) Trading Company, in charge of all overseas trade with the Empire. Personnel shall be transferred from the Economic Bureau along with their personal staffs. The Headquarters is located in Lefcosia, Cyprus.

7. The Sultan wishes to establish a "Border Guard Corps" (all local men who reach the age of 18 need to serve for two years, then they are discharged, but they will be replaced by new recruits) which is used to guard the borders of the empire, they go alongside the field armies (all Janissaries), which are stationed further behind for rapid reaction.

CountArach
05-18-2007, 05:11
2 days left!

King Kurt
05-18-2007, 12:57
The gellartari of Naples are pleased to announce they have created a new ice cream masterpiece of a dessert. It is to be known as a "Napoleon" - it is small, rather plain and soon melts away.

IrishArmenian
05-19-2007, 05:02
Sounds delicious!*

*For my horses

Caius
05-19-2007, 05:37
I wont be playing this.

CountArach
05-19-2007, 22:06
Alright, I won't get you any orders or anything from now on.

Tran
05-19-2007, 23:24
CA, will there be any kind of story like the other Interactive so the masses know the progress. I like story, you know... :wink:

CountArach
05-20-2007, 00:23
Yes, there will be.

CountArach
05-23-2007, 06:21
Just to keep you guys up to date, writing up the PMs is taking longer than I thought.

IrishArmenian
05-23-2007, 06:27
No problem, CA.

Derfasciti
05-27-2007, 19:49
Umm Kagemusha are you still alive? I sent you a PM like 2 or 3 weeks ago.:coffeenews:

Kagemusha
05-28-2007, 19:50
Umm Kagemusha are you still alive? I sent you a PM like 2 or 3 weeks ago.:coffeenews:

Answered.:yes: Sorry it took so long.When i last cleaned my box i forgot about it.:embarassed:

Derfasciti
05-28-2007, 22:54
Glad to hear it! And I replied again.:2thumbsup:

CountArach
06-01-2007, 03:42
To keep everyone up to date, school got really hectic, really fast. I will put this on hold for a few weeks, then everythign will be finished.

Derfasciti
06-01-2007, 16:24
Awww that stinks.

Well good luck in school and keep us updated please.

I'll be here:coffeenews:

edit: I'm assuming diplomacy and such will still be allowed?

Rodion Romanovich
06-01-2007, 20:55
That's too bad! Hope exams etc go well!

CountArach
06-01-2007, 22:47
edit: I'm assuming diplomacy and such will still be allowed?
I couldn't stop you, even if I wanted to, so go ahead.

Tran
06-02-2007, 01:51
It's not holiday there yet, CA? Well over here, most of schools and uni already finished exams and (soon) will be in holiday :2thumbsup:

CountArach
06-02-2007, 09:00
Still 3 weeks until the holiday.

Derfasciti
06-23-2007, 01:26
Um, not rushing but is this IH ever gonna get back to being played?

CountArach
06-23-2007, 02:52
1 week of exams left.

Tran
06-23-2007, 02:58
Have fun! :2thumbsup:

Rodion Romanovich
06-23-2007, 11:26
Good luck!

Derfasciti
06-23-2007, 14:44
Indeed good luck to you. Sheesh you guys go deep into the year, doncha?

CountArach
06-23-2007, 23:56
Yeah. I finish school late October.

Remember though that our year starts in February and this is currently Winter.

CountArach
07-07-2007, 00:27
I'm sorry to proclaim this dead. I jumped in the deep end and chewed off more than I could swallow. I am working on something of a smaller scale now.

Rodion Romanovich
07-07-2007, 13:39
~:mecry:

shlin28
07-07-2007, 14:43
~:mecry:~:mecry:~:mecry:

And I have just planned a massive plan to smash France...

:no:

Derfasciti
07-07-2007, 17:18
Well this stinks. I was really looking forward to getting to play this again.

IrishArmenian
07-07-2007, 20:04
It was fun while it lasted, even if only for a little while. You showed a lot of promise, CA. Good luck with your smaller scale project!

King Kurt
07-09-2007, 09:42
I'm sorry to proclaim this dead. I jumped in the deep end and chewed off more than I could swallow. I am working on something of a smaller scale now.
Sad to hear it will not be happening, but hats off to you for having the courage to say so before we get going. Something smaller would be more handleable - if you want a smaller scale Napoleonic what about Spain and the Peninsula? - or another possibility would be the West Indies - quite small scale with lots of boats, but quite controlable.