PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory Recruitment Thread!

Bwian
04-29-2007, 22:00
Yes folks, the Warhammer Mod needs you! yes ...you...

What do we need?

Well, extra 2D artists are always welcome, along with assorted text editing enthusiasts with an encyclopedic knowledge of Warhammer.

Just for a change....we have a modeller ( me ) and a skinner ( also me ) and a researcher ( my skills know no bounds ) but I won't be doing all this stuff myself!

Standards are high, enthusiasm a must, but we are going for a high quality product. Anyone unsure if this is the mod for them, go check out the initial screenshots.

Any interested parties post back here, list your skills so I know what you can do, and be prepared to send me a sample!

This is WAR...and War is not something you do alone :beam:

uanime5
04-30-2007, 14:43
I have many skills but my main one is text editing. Proof of this can be found in the Mythology Total War mod listed in my signature. In this mod I created a new faction from nothing; complete with faction symbol, banners, buildings, and units. Since I used the Mesoamerican faction (so it would not have a major effect on other generals) I appreciate the enormous amount of work needed to give every building and event the right description.

Bwian
04-30-2007, 17:45
OK ... I can use someone to do the core text work. I would especially need someone who can do the faction banners, faction renaming and all the things linked to that. Then we will have names for characters etc. that will need doing. If you want to take on the things I mentioned, then the Warhammer team will welcome you aboard.

You know what you are getting into with text editing, which is always helpful!

uanime5
04-30-2007, 18:49
Sure that's no problem. I've done most of the things you mentioned. They're not difficult so much as time consuming.

Bob the Spork
04-30-2007, 22:12
Well, I don't know much about coding, mapping, skinning and animating. In fact, I know very little about games (other than playing them), even if I am learning slowly and steadily. However, I think I could hold my own against almost anyone when it comes to knowledge of this particular world. I've definately got the enthusiasm if you're willing to take it, and I can write about any unit or race, or basically anything, that you'd like me to; paragraph or extended essay, I don't mind which.

In other words, I'm offering you the service of a warhammer fluff nut. I don't know whether you want or need one, but the service is available. Either way, I love what you're doing.

Bwian
04-30-2007, 23:37
Bob .... I appreciate the offer of help! Whilst I don't intend to recruit people specifically for 'research' having people like you posting on the forum will keep us honest and keep us motivated. Keep interested, keep posting, and feel free to contribute in the forum any ideas, suggestions or comments.

That is the most valuable contribution any 'non modder' can make to a project like ours.

Catkill
05-02-2007, 18:16
Beta tester :2thumbsup: if needed i can look at balance of game ect make sure units dont overwhelm each other

Catkill
05-03-2007, 16:33
I could try some installers aswell

Casuir
05-03-2007, 16:57
It'll probably be a good while before anybody will be needed to do either of those.

Catkill
05-03-2007, 17:13
If i had 3d studio max i could do modeling but all i ahve is blender and ? if that works with game

Bwian
05-03-2007, 18:08
3DS MAx is not required for MTW2 modelling. The latest version of Milkshape 3D is the tool needed now. It's a lot easier to get hold of without selling the house to fund ;)

Jubal_Barca
05-06-2007, 22:12
I know a lot about Warhammer, esp. Dwarves.

So I'll help, and hopefully sneak in some advertising for WHTW1 white I'm at it. :beam: :wall:

Bongaroo
05-08-2007, 14:06
modding experience = i've been betatesting for Carl's ProblemFixer

I have some basics with 3D studio max and truspace, so maybe with some practice and help I could assist in modeling.

Warhammer is awesome, I don't collect any armies for it, but I have played Eldar in 40k and I love Mordheim. Not enough money for anything else right now. I'd love to see this mod fininshed though.

VegyBS
05-08-2007, 17:06
I have about 6 years experience with GW...although I stopped around 3 years ago.
I began work some some armies modding for Dark Omen (Producing the 2d sprites for the additional armies released by a 3rd party) and have built a few models in milkshape for Half-Life, but do not have any examples.
My main experience is as a programmer (VB6...dont laugh too much, it's for work), I also have good experience with XHTML & CSS, and an above average knowledge of PHP. I also have a small amount of ASP knowledge.

I've got a very methodical approach and pick up new languages quickly.

If you think I can help in any way let me know!

Bwian
05-08-2007, 17:51
Right now, the biggest need we have is for the usual suspects ...modellers, texturers and text editors. Things like character names, traits, buildings etc.

We will be asking for playtesters when we have something to playtest ;)

Bongaroo
05-09-2007, 13:05
Cool, I'm willing to try to help anywhere. Should I just look for some tutorials on the modding forum?

Meneldil
05-09-2007, 15:27
Right now, the biggest need we have is for the usual suspects ...modellers, texturers and text editors. Things like character names, traits, buildings etc.

We will be asking for playtesters when we have something to playtest ;)

I think I could handle trait, name and building editing, if it's more or less similar to RTW. I'll try to buy MTW2 this week, and see if I can help.

Krazysigmarite
05-10-2007, 04:08
I posted before, back in the original thread for the mod, however I'd like to once again express my interest in joining the Mod Team for Warhammer: Total War. Having played the tabletop (both 40k and fantasy) for a number of years, as well as being a bit of a nut as far as fluff goes, I have a very good understanding of the Warhammer world. I've been modding for a long time as well, and Warhammer has been one of the primary focuses of my modding. Heck, back in Warcraft 3 I made a large warhammer multiplayer map with 11 playable races, which was a fun project. I own a poster-sized map of the entire Warhammer World, from the far western coast of Naggaroth to eastern Nippon. It's an excellent reference for placing factions and things!

As far as my modding abilities: I like to texture, for the most part. I've made a few private mods for myself for RTW, mainly to balance various vanilla factions or to mod their playstyle.

I've also recently gotten into 3d modelling, I use a freeware program called Wings3d but I am open to other programs as well. Here's an example of something I made recently for Mount & Blade. Cadian-Pattern Lasgun (http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/12924400_1177554415.jpg)

I also do a bit of digital painting, which I find is very useful during the texturing process.

Bwian
05-10-2007, 17:54
Krazysigmarite, drop me a PM and let me know what you can do and what you would be interested in doing. I have some texture work that needs doing.

As far as modelling goes, you would need to get hold of a copy of Milkshape 3D .. this is the program that GOM's editor is set up to use, and animations will possibly be workable with it too.

quadrille
05-11-2007, 01:21
Hello Bwian,

I too posted in the original thread a while back and now that you guys have got going thought I'd offer my help again. I'm a modeler/texturer/2d graphics artist.

Thought you might want to see some examples of my work, here's a couple:

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/WHEquad/ModelRender01.jpghttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/WHEquad/MusketerareRender02.jpg

They're done roughly in the polycount of Medieval 2, modelled and textured by me. Textures (on the 2nd one) were rushed so they're pretty basic :P Didn't have time for normal/spec..

If you want my help I could probably make some units for you. Problem is I have very little free time as I'm a full time student and doing freelance miniature sculpting on the side. So I could not make too many units and not too fast either :P But I would love to help out with this mod as I really like the Warhammer fluff :) Failing that I will definitely still follow you progress. :listen:

(I'd really love to make some deamonettes for example)

Meneldil
05-11-2007, 07:01
Great units Quadrille :)

Bwian
05-11-2007, 12:03
Quadrille ... if you fancy making some daemonettes ...why not start there! The less human Chaos units are not at the front of my build queue right now, since I am working on the maraudefrs, warriors and knights.

Can never have too many modellers working on a mod!

quadrille
05-11-2007, 15:54
Great :beam:

Before I start though, a few questions:

Where exactly are we on the skeleton scaling issue? I reckon a daemonette skeleton should be scaled to about 0.9 or so.. Can this be done yet?

Also with the repositioning of joints is it possible to make the shoulders narrower and still keep the old animations? Or would a change like that require an all new set of anims?

I haven't actually modded Medieval 2 so I'm a bit unsure on the process of getting units in game. I'd prefer to do the modeling in max, how complicated is it to get units from there into M2? I know GrumpyOldMan made some sort of conversion tool from .CAS to the milkshape model format. Are there an additional large amount of work that needs to be done in order to get them into the game?

Would it be better to just do the models in max, export them as .3ds, then in milkshape clean them up and do the weighting?

Polycounts: Any particular limit you want me to keep? How about, say 1700 tris give or take a hundred, for an assembled mesh? Which brings us to:

Variations. Anything specific I need to keep in mind here? I'm still unsure as to how exactly this system works, but as I've understood it all variations are in one model file with the textures on one 1024x1024 map? How many of each part should I make?

Thanks

Bwian
05-11-2007, 18:02
At the moment, there are issues with the repositioning of joints. KnightErrant is working on it, but it's no sorted yet. Global scaling of the mesh/skeleton is, as far as I know, perfectly possible...but I haven't done it!

Converting to CAS and them to MESH would not let you have any swapping of body parts.

My personal moddelling pipeline involves building in Max, exporting to 3DS and importing to Milkshape to rig ....so I know it works!

Models are in a single mesh with the body parts all as seperate objects if you want to swap them. Make as many parts as you like ... but don't overdo it! You are still limited in textures, and more than 3 or 4 variations is a bit excessive unless you are really going to see it. I made 6 shields for the Tomb Kings spearman because the bright blue shields are very prominent and the variations really stand out.

Abokasee
05-12-2007, 07:47
I would like to help... how can I? I could just do models...

Zapp
05-13-2007, 17:52
Hey guys, (och tjenare quadrille ;) )

I was, as quad, one of the old RTWmod-members. I was a modeler and texturer. For a while now, I've been thinking of starting a new WHTW2 mod, but since that's already happened (ok, not really the revival of the old WHTW mod, but whatever), I'm happy ;)

I'd be glad to help out a bit, but how's it going with a max exporter and stuff? I'm so badly updated on M2TW modding tools you see :P

I can post some pics for you, but not now, cause of lazyness :P

Zapp
05-23-2007, 14:49
Oh uhm... sorry, I almost forgot I hadn't posted any pics.. :P

So, here's the Dark Elf Executioner for the RTW mod, and also a hospitaller knight for another project, but it was never used. They're both pretty old, and I guess I'm a bit better now.

https://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9981/executionerfg0.th.jpg (https://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=executionerfg0.jpg)
https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/181/templar24zg0.th.jpg (https://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=templar24zg0.jpg)

Blood Claw
05-29-2007, 03:01
Well, as I said in the thread that I started, I would be happy to try and help out some in a few weeks once school is over and we are settled in our new house since we are moving, not a huge move but moving all the same.

I know a great deal about Warhammer and could help write unit/campaign/etc. descriptions and look up names for diplomats and do other small various things of that nature and also to try and help make sure the mod stays true to Warhammer. Also, I suppose I might be able to help and test the mod too though I know this is a long way off. If I was to do this I would need help changing the files and such since I am not great at that but we would worry about that when the time comes. So anyway, hope you can use me.

Deceased
05-30-2007, 22:50
Hi guys, I would love to help out as a modeler/skinner for this mod.

Deceased
05-30-2007, 23:00
Heres some stuff from previous mods :-
(couldn't post it in my first post cos of the spam protection)

https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/jimbleboy/persp.jpg

https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/jimbleboy/Tangent4.jpg

https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/jimbleboy/Walther.jpg

https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/jimbleboy/goombas.jpg

Dave1984
07-03-2007, 14:09
Hi,

I'd love to help out on this if any more help is needed. I've spent the last, well, since M2TW came out working on solo projects for it for my own benefit, ranging from a huge amount of re-skinning and some attempts at modelling (milkshape, check) to text editing, messing with different variables and scripts and so on.
Unfortunately my internet at home is down till Saturday so I'm writing this from work, so I can't post any examples of my texturing at the minute, but anyway if you guys are interested or you just need some odd jobs doing to help you along the way, let me know!

Bwian
07-03-2007, 18:09
I have some odds and ends of texturing that you ould have a go at, as a test piece. Drop me a PM with an e-mail address and I can send you over something to have a go at :D

thrashing mad
07-03-2007, 23:53
Well I can make advert-video for your mod, once you finish doing it and put it on YouTube for greater glory and fame of Warhammer and modders:laugh4:

Some of my latest samples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo7U14OBshs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKHBJ8e-Bw

I can also make photoshoped banners if need be. I have quite big knowledge of Warhammer World from most editions, variations and I`ve also GameMastered WFRP for some years:beam:

Good luck - looking forward to this wonderful mod:laugh4:

Bwian
07-04-2007, 18:17
There is also a need for some title sequences for the game .... but that is some time in the future! We may have need of your skills later on :laugh4:

essi2
07-05-2007, 17:22
Well the only contributions I can offer are my 2 cents every now and then and high news\PR coverage over at the Real Time Strategy Gamers Union, this mod has already gotten the attention of most of the active members:beam:

Bwian
07-05-2007, 19:57
No harm in anyone's 2 cents ... in fact...sooner or later, you end up with a dollar.

This is a mod for the community, so having people take an interest, make suggestions, and contribute their enthusiasm is what it's all about :2thumbsup:

essi2
07-10-2007, 19:48
Great see ya around :bounce:

Jubal_Barca
07-15-2007, 18:51
I'm something of a fluff buff, particularly for certain factions. I also work on the RTW Warhammer mod.

Detlef
08-19-2007, 21:18
If you need some vocal artist I'm sure I can persuade people from my gaming club (all W2TW fans)

Detlef

Bwian
08-19-2007, 22:50
We certainly will want some new voice stuff! Will be in touch when we are ready for that phase.

Zapp
08-20-2007, 12:43
Just so bored, I want stuff to do, so I just wanted you to know that I'm still interested in helping out. So if you suddenly realize that you need an extra modeler/texturer, just for once or more, just drop a PM. :)

Silly Knicket
09-24-2007, 03:09
I'll gladly assist in any way possible.

I've done some modding for my own use, and I plan to look into texturing soon aswell.

Would be great to contribute even the slightest to this will-be-awesome mod.
If I can help out in any way, let me know!

Severe
02-16-2008, 23:14
If a beginner modeller is of any use to you, you have my number... or, well, you know what I mean.

Goncalou
02-23-2008, 08:01
I know i won't be able to join team (mainly because i have no experience with modding) but i can give suggestions and ideas on forums( cause i have most of warhammer armies books) and if u guys want i can advertise the mod on my site.:idea2:

Raz
02-23-2008, 08:47
Oh, oh. Pick me!
I know others have already posted this, but I am the best* textman ever. Descriptions, names and did I mention descriptions? All things that require notepad I can do it. =D

*Note: Statement subject to debate.

thrashing mad
02-23-2008, 14:18
Besides making CineEdit video, I can also help with some photoshoped loading screens/screenshots. Some examples:

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/Arek_Mich/b3.gif

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/Arek_Mich/Turks_Jerusalem.gif

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/Arek_Mich/10.gif

https://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9591/battle2cb6.th.gif (https://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=battle2cb6.gif)

Revan-Shan
02-24-2008, 15:20
Bwian, you have me for any thing which involves texts, just tell me what you want, also revise the Warhammer Campaign Thread for things which I have already done (things which have been discussed, corrected and extended thanks to the community's posts).

I have done also some drawings in black and white (because I know you don't want copyrighted material).

The traits, titles and retinues are also done.

Perhaps the factions' descriptions need more work.

And don't forget the Game Intro or teaser, I would be most pleased to do it.

Eufarius
02-24-2008, 19:42
Wow, Bwian has a lot of people to pick from. btw do you need a PR guy?

DrZoidberg
02-24-2008, 21:53
How about the project fluffer? Is that position taken yet?

Decker
02-27-2008, 01:04
Wow, Bwian has a lot of people to pick from. btw do you need a PR guy?
:laugh4: :laugh4:

Eufarius
02-27-2008, 02:06
LOL what???

Decker
02-28-2008, 08:00
You said that Bwian has a lotta people to pick from and you asked if he needed a PR guy and I just saw some irony as this is a recruiting thread.

Eufarius
02-29-2008, 01:37
hahaha I get it.

Decker
02-29-2008, 02:18
hahaha I get it.
:beam: :laugh4:

Eufarius
02-29-2008, 04:35
Man I'm tired.