PDA

View Full Version : Magna Carta

Ignoramus
04-30-2007, 11:12
This is the out of character thread for the MTW2 English PBM, “Magna Carta”, the brother of “King of the Romans PBM”. This first post will outline current players and rules.

We’ll have a brief period to receive more sign-ups and finalise what mods we will use. Since the 1.2 patch is out, no major mods are necessary, however, if there are any that people are particularly interested in we can work something out. Please post any comments or rule changes before 6pm Friday AEST(Australian Eastern Standard Time).

I’m assigning initial avatars based on previous PBM experience, and those who haven’t had as much of a go in King of the Romans.

Other players can still participate fully as unnamed barons. They will be assigned avatars in due course by me based on their level of activity in the King of the Romans thread; the time they sign up for this PBM (post in this thread) and especially how active they are in voting and speaking as a (nameless) baron in the Parliament Deliberations. Eventually, every player will get an avatar, although there will be a wait at the beginning.

*****************************FAQ ****************************************

Players and avatars

See:

Other players please sign up and declare which family - Rufus, Curthose, or Beauclerc - you want to be a baron of. Note Henry has not yet come of age. You will be named Baron of X etc in the order in which you sign up in this thread. The three families will be equally privileged to start with, so please do not all sign up for the same family. If the computer spawns many more avatars in a particular family, I may reassign players to family to avoid them waiting too long (subject to their consent).

Where to post:

All out of character discussion in this thread.

When the game starts, I will create more threads, so that:
All in character discussion in the Parliament deliberations thread.
All in character stories in the stories thread.
Kingdom records in the Kingdom reports thread.
All battle reports in the Battle reports thread.

RULES

How to play – in brief

All players are “barons”. Unlike KotR, they are not affiliated with any particular House, unless they especially choose to associate with a Count or Duke. Eventually all players will be represented by an in-game character or avatar who will represent them.(This may take a while, as experienced in KotR)

The King(The actual in-game faction leader) will play the game(like the Chancellor in KotR). However, the King and the Prince will not get the lion's share of the fun.

Collectively, the barons form the Parliament. This has two functions - to set tax rates in cities and to declare war. The King will be the “reigning player” and play the game. He will move all loyal generals, authorise any buildings and train any units/agents in crown lands.

The King can grant crown lands to a baron, thus promoting him to a Count. Counts will be alloted a set ammount of florins to spend from the treasury each turn. Counts can decide what to build and what soldiers to recruit from their settlements from their available funds.

The King can promote a Count to a Duke by granting him more than one crown province. Dukes, along with Bishops(Priests that have the "Bishop" trait) collectively form the House of Lords. They vote on all business passed by the Commons(The barons). Dukes have the added privilege of attending the King's Privvy Council, and advising the King.

If a Count or Duke feels disloyal to the King(whether due to disagreement to his management, fear of tyranny, discontentment, or ambition), he can raise his standard and revolt against the Crown. He then leads his settlement(s) into rebellion with him, as well as his retainers and garrisons.

Battles between disloyal and loyal generals will be fought out via multiplayer. The armies will be as close as possible to the armies on the campaign map, and the battlemap will be as close to the terrain of the location of the battle.
Once the battle is fought, the losses will be disbanded as close as possible from the corresponding armies on the campaign map, and the loser shall retreat a short distance if possible. If a general dies in the battle, his avatar shall be killed by the console command.

Disloyal generals can throw themselves at the King's mercy, and shall deicide whether the Parliament or himself will decide their fate.

Game settings

*Patched MT2TW
*Hard campaigns, very hard battles.
*Large unit size.
*Battle timer on. Show CPU Moves, Manage all Settlements
Standard victory conditions (45 provinces, including Jerusalem).

The only mod we will use initially is Medifix 1.2:

http://files.filefront.com//;6476123;;/

This fixes vices and virtues, as explained here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...37&postcount=1

Hard restrictions on play: * only two land units (including a general) may travel on each ship.

How to play - detailed rules

1. The role of players.

*1.1 Each player will roleplay a “baron” of the England. There are no defined “Houses” as such, but “houses” may form out of collections of barons Players are born into a noble family. It is in their blood and cannot be changed. It is determined by which of the four lines on the family tree their avatar falls under (except for the three starter Generals, for whom it is determined by their initial geography). [Note - if avatars spawn disproportionately in certain Houses, Electors of one House may be offered an avatar of another, but then they effectively role-play a new character.]
1.2 Over time, all players will be assigned an avatar (typically a general) by Ignoramus to represent them. They should roleplay their traits.
1.3 Players whose avatars lead in a battle will be expected to fight that battle. This will involve downloading the savegame of the battle, playing it and then uploading the resulting savegame. Uploading the post-battle save must be done within 24 hours of the pre-battle savegame being uploaded. If the deadline expires, the battle is autoresolved.
1.4 Players whose avatars are counts or dukes receive 600 florins per turn for unit recruitment and building construction.
*1.5 Players whose avatars are counts or dukes are entitled to set the unit and build queues of their settlement(s).
1.6 Each baron will periodically vote in Parliaments the taxes granted to the King. They will also vote on declarations of war.
1.7 Players are encouraged to write in-character stories in the stories thread; to discuss matters of state in the Parliament deliberations thread; to write-up battle reports; to PM each other in character for role-playing etc. [Note: when posting screenshots, we could keep them full size but put them under spoiler tags.]

2. The role of the King.

*2.1 The King will be the “reigning player” and play the game. He will move all loyal generals, authorise any buildings and train any units/agents in crown lands.

2.2 However, he delegates battles to the player whose general leads the English force. And he follows the build queues and unit queues of counts and dukes.

2.3 He also must obey Parliament and the constitution (these rules) or face political consequences.

*2.4 The player whose avatar is the “in-game king” is the King. He rules until his death.
*2.5 The King grants crown lands to generals creating them Counts or Dukes.

3. The role of the Parliament

3.1. The Parliament will meet at the will of the King. Out of session, there can be open debate and deliberations. Each session lasts 3 days of real time.

3.2 The Parliament is divided into two houses – the House of Commons and the House of Lords.

3.3. At each session, nobles can present petitions. These require two seconders to be put to the vote. Petitions are requests made to the King to what he should do. Failing to follow these petitions could result in resentment by the barons

3.4. Any declaration of war must be authorised by Parliament. The King or any Duke is empowered to declare war on a non-allied army entering its lands.

*3.5. The rules of the game can be changed by a Noble Charter Amendments (2/3 majority required) except those marked with a *. They only come into force with the approval of the King.

3.6. Tied petitions fail. If contradictory petitions are passed, the one with the most votes takes priority.

3.7. Petitions can last until the next Parliament.

*3.9. The Parliament tries those guilty of treason who have appealed to its judgement.

3.10. The Parliament is presided over by the character controlling the King. His rulings are final. The Prince can preside in the absence of the King. The King can call a session of the Parliament - freeze the game - at will.

*3.11 Influential players get bonus votes. (maximum +5 bonus).

civil influence
+1 if player is a Count of a settlement
+2 if player is a Duke of a settlement
+3 if player is the Prince
military influence - cumulative
+1 if player has over 5 command
+1 if player has won more than 3 heroic victories.
titular influence – cumulative
+1 for each office held.
The player who is Emperor gets bonus votes differently, being equal to his authority.

4. The role of the four families - Dukes and Counts

4.1 There will be four families representing the four main branches of the family tree: Rufus, Curthose, Beauclerc, or (Cecilia’s husband’s).

4.2 All lands at the start of the game are crown lands. Lands conquered by Royal Armies and Counts belong to the crown; lands conquered by Dukes are added to their ducal demesne.

4.3 Dukes can then grant a settlement to a player, making him Count of that settlement. The settlements remain nominally within the relevant Duchy. There are no Counts at the start of the game.

4.4 Counts who are not the natural sons of a Duke (e.g. adoptees and sons in law) may be lose their titles at the whim of the Duke. They are referred to as bonded Counts and are expected to act according to the wishes of their Duke. Natural sons of a Duke may not lose their settlements - they are referred to as freehold Counts. Counts stripped of their title by Dukes may appeal to the King.

4.5 Dukes and Counts should name a successor, who will take over their titles and settlements when they die. If no successor is named, the oldest natural son inherits, (if none, oldest adopted son; if none again, then the oldest son-in-law).

5 The role of the King and Prince

5.1 The King presides over the Parliament as in 3.9. He is the sovereign of England. He will keep order in Parliament and try to make things run smoothly.

5.2 Once in his reign, typically when crowned, the Emperor can automatically assume the post of Chancellor.

5.3 The King can allocate crown lands to barons, counts or Dukes..

5.4 The King adjudicates on rules disputes.

5.5 The Prince succeeds the King and can deputise in his absence.

5.6 Kings do belong to families - if crowned, their lands are added to the Royal demesne. They are expected to act for the good of England and be impartial, above petty regional politics.

5.7 The King decides which player-controlled avatar, if any, a Princess should marry.

5.8 The King decides who the Prince shall marry.

5.9 The King decides the fate of traitors who throw themselves at his mercy.

6. The role of posts - military commanders and governors

*6.1 The King may grant one of these titles to loyal barons of the crown: Lord Great Chamberlain, Lord Privy Seal, Lord High Constable, Lord High Admiral, Lord High Steward, Lord High Chancellor, Lord High Treasurer, and Lord President of the Council.

*6.2 Armies may only be led by the King, Prince, Dukes, or Counts.

7. Crusades and missions.

7.1 The King must endeavour to follow missions from the Pope and Council of Nobles, unless exempted by the Parliament. Missions from guilds and foreign powers are optional.

7.2 Crusades must be authorised by the King, unless announced by another faction.

7.3 When a crusade is called, if the King desires to go on Crusade, he can ask all generals if they wish to join. He must include at least one volunteer who replies within 48 hours. If there are more than one, he may pick at his discretion. The noble will take as many of his retainers as wishes on Crusade. If the King does not desire to go on Crusade, other nobles may take the Cross, with or without the King’s blessing.
8. Historical armies

The following rules apply for field armies of 15+ or more units.

Generals - max 2 units
Knights - cavalry or foot, max 7 units inc. generals
[The class of knights is therefore: Dismtd Feudal knights; Dismtd Imperial knights; Dismtd Gothic knights; Mailed knights; Feudal knights; Imperial knights; Teutonic knights; General’s bodyguard; Gothic knights; plus any mercenary knights included those great dismounted knights you get in the Holy Land.)

Total cavalry - maximum 7 units, inc mounted knights and generals
[Non-knightly cavalry includes: Mounted crossbowmen ; Reiters; Merchant cavalry; Hobilars]

Artillery - maximum 2 units (5 in a siege - if caught in a field battle immediately withdraw excess of over two)
Foot missiles - maximum 7 units including artillery
[Foot missiles include: Peasant archers; Archer militia; Longbowmen; Yeomen Archers; Retinue Longbowmen; Arquebusiers; Handgunners ]

Total elite heavy infantry - max 6
[Elite infantry comprises Zweihander; Forlorn Hope; Landsknechts; dismounted knights and equivalent mercs - e.g. Galllowglass?]

Other spears & feudal foot - unlimited
[This includes: Peasants; Town militia; Bill militia; Spear militia; Sergeant spearmen; Armoured spearmen; Crusader sergeants; Billmen; Heavy Bill militia]

For armies of size 7-14, the above limits are halved.

No more than half an army can be mercenary. Crusader mercenaries (crusader sergeants, crusader knights, pilgrims, fanatics) can count as natives.

What is everyone's opinion?

Players:
Ignoramus
Warluster
Cecil XIX
Ichigo
gibsonsg91921

TevashSzat
04-30-2007, 11:26
The idea is good, but it may be hard coordinating the multiplayer battles due to that everyone is on different time zones and that some people either have dial up or can't get onto multiplayer.

Ignoramus
04-30-2007, 11:38
I know, and that would be the greatest challenge. However, I still think it can be managed, although, I grant it wouldn't be easy.

TinCow
04-30-2007, 12:19
I think the basic idea is sound. It would definitely be slower, but doable. However, I think this part is problematic:

The King can grant crown lands to a baron, thus promoting him to a Count. Counts will be alloted a set ammount of florins to spend from the treasury each turn. Counts can decide what to build and what soldiers to recruit from their settlements from their available funds.

This encounters the same problem that we did in the HRE Test game and which TROG is skirting around: keeping track of florin expenditure for each individual territory. This becomes a major pain in the ass and I don't think it's really possible to run a game like this. It's a great idea, but the game isn't designed to handle it and as a result it requires way too much number crunching every turn.

Ignoramus
04-30-2007, 13:00
I was thinking that they could be given a set ammount each turn. (For example: Let's say they are given 500 florins. That means that over 10 turns they are allowed to build buildings and hire soldiers up to a total of 5000 florins.)

It may be too problematic, but something like this has to be put in place. Otherwise, the King is in effect paying for his enemies' forces.

Any suggestions of yours, TinCow, or indeed, any previous PMBer would be most welcome.

TinCow
04-30-2007, 13:48
I think a better option would be to forget about trying to do a normal PBM with the ability to battle other players and instead come up with a workable system for a true multiplayer game. Off the top of my head, the best solution to that would be something like a hybrid between Risk and MTW, using M2TW to run the battles. Have each player be one faction, and they give orders each turn for their various lands. This 'campaign' level of the game is played totally without any TW game. We simply use a map that represents the in-game territories and work from there. We develop a system that allows for construction queues, army recruitment, etc. Players can ally and betray each other at will for whatever reasons they want. When a battle occurs, it is fought using M2TW multiplayer.

An experimental system for construction and finance modelling could be as follows:
All useful buildings will be given a set price and set benefit for constructing them. For most, this could be as it is in-game: for instance, building a stables can cost whatever it does in-game and it gives the ability to recruit whatever units it allows in-game. For some, especially financial buildings, it might be better to alter them a bit for simplicity. For example, a market could cost whatever it does in-game, but instead of boosting trade in whatever manner it does in-game, we simply say that a market will increase the income of that territory by +100 florins per turn.

I would say ignore religious buildings, all agents, all unhappiness, etc. and keep it to a simple build-and-conquer style game. We would have to do our best to make the rules as simple as possible to keep it from being tediously slow and unplayable.

Ignoramus
05-01-2007, 01:50
I think that's too complicated. Besides, it is much more fun doing this all in a MTW2 campaign.

I hope that enough people are interested.

Ignoramus
05-01-2007, 09:19
Right, I'll be signing up players. The initial avatars will be handed out based on previous PBM experience and sign-up times.

The game won't start until 1.2 has been released.

Ignoramus
05-14-2007, 06:44
Surely there are some KotR players out there who are willing to give this a go?

Warluster
05-15-2007, 07:19
I will sign up.

Cecil XIX
05-30-2007, 23:58
Having missed out on the KotR trial, I would dearly love to give this a try. Full autonomy for the players, no matter how awkward it is to implement, is something I have to try for myself.

Ignoramus
05-31-2007, 00:13
Welcome aboard, Cecil XIX!

We could start it now, but I'd prefer to wait until we get one or two more people, especially seeing that Henry will come of age very soon.

TinCow
05-31-2007, 00:16
We could start it now, but I'd prefer to wait until we get one or two more people, especially seeing that Henry will come of age very soon.

Wait a bit longer. I have included an notice saying this PBM needs players in the Throne Room article of the next Gahzette. I expect it will be out this weekend or early next week, so you may get one or two more people from that.

Ignoramus
06-07-2007, 06:39
Sadly, it appears that no one has noticed or is interested. Well, I suppose we could start, but it will be a very sorry game with only 3 players.

Once again, if any of the KoTR players wish to join as full playing or non playing barons, please do.

Cecil XIX
06-08-2007, 04:36
I'm with ya, Ignoramus. I'm sure it will pick up speed once we get going.

Ignoramus
06-08-2007, 04:46
Ok, I'll just codify the rules first(like the "Constitution of KoTR")

Csargo
06-10-2007, 05:20
Could I join?

gibsonsg91921
06-10-2007, 18:43
ill join, but how do u know how much each duke can spend on his armies?

Cecil XIX
06-10-2007, 19:55
ill join, but how do u know how much each duke can spend on his armies?

From what I read of the KotR trial, each lord could spend as much money as was being made by his provinces, minus tribute to the sovereign. But that was very time-consuming and difficult to implement. I think he's considering a simple flat fee.

Ignoramus
06-11-2007, 06:46
Yes, both of you can join. I'll expect full participation for avatars.

Each count and duke will have a flat fee.

Ignoramus
06-13-2007, 04:18
Right, the rules are codified. Declare which family you wish to join.

Csargo
06-13-2007, 07:00
Do we need to do the Medifix? Or are we just using the 1.2 patch? Cause I'm confused.

Warluster
06-13-2007, 07:18
I will join the Rufus Family please.

Csargo
06-13-2007, 07:32
Oh and Beauclerc for me.

Ignoramus
06-13-2007, 08:03
Do we need to do the Medifix? Or are we just using the 1.2 patch? Cause I'm confused.

We'll actually use FactionHeir's KOTRfix as well as the 1.2 patch.

Csargo
06-13-2007, 08:16
Where do I find that?

Ignoramus
06-13-2007, 08:35
It's in his signature.

Csargo
06-13-2007, 08:57
Should probably add that to the first post.

Csargo
06-14-2007, 06:30
When do we begin?

Ignoramus
06-14-2007, 12:15
Well, I was going to ask Cecil _XIX to be William the Conqueror, so if he's ready and willing, Parliament will open by next week.

Cecil XIX
06-14-2007, 15:44
Well, I'm certainly ready to be William the Conqueror.:2thumbsup:

Csargo
06-14-2007, 22:53
I figured you'de take that honor Ignoramus.

Ignoramus
06-15-2007, 00:28
Well, Cecil_XIX was the second person to join, and he's missed out on a lot of KotR, so I thought that he deserves to have William.

Both you and gibbonsong also could have had the post, but sadly three people can't play one person. But you'll have Henry, who if he plays his cards correctly could become king like he did in history.

Initial avatar assignment:
King William the Conqueror - Cecil_XIX
Prince Rufus - Ignoramus
Robert - ?

Currently we have no one for the Curthose family. Warluster is the first baron of the Rufus family, and should get Rufus' first son. Ichigo will get Henry as soon as he comes of age.

Warluster
06-15-2007, 12:27
Well,seems all good to me. Are we starting?

Ignoramus
06-16-2007, 09:45
The Parliament is open as soon as Cecil_XIX opens it in character in the Parliament thread. After that, everyone may contribute.

gibsonsg91921
06-16-2007, 18:50
i cant wait to reinstall my game and join this, but id feel bad reserving an avatar. ill probably be ready to join next weekish? i think ill wait to pick an avatar until i know if hes probably not going to be king.

@cecil - adopt a few possible good candidates so we can have separate royal families like in kotr like the kastiliens, hamburgs, mahrens, steffens, etc.

gibsonsg91921
06-17-2007, 01:12
hey im ready to play i reinstalled - are there any avatars available that arent in the direct line to be king, ie not rufus, robert, or henry? ill take the first adopted guy i guess

Warluster
06-17-2007, 01:42
Robert is unassigned. Ignoramus might let you take him.

gibsonsg91921
06-17-2007, 01:44
i guess i could take robert, i'm just a little cautious of taking anyone who might become king if i wont have time by then.

Warluster
06-17-2007, 01:45
Well you have to take risks :)

gibsonsg91921
06-17-2007, 01:47
its not that i would dislike being king but it would take a good long time for me to play it once the schoolyear starts again

Warluster
06-17-2007, 01:47
Well fi you become King, and work/school gets to busy, you could just hand the avatar to someone else.

gibsonsg91921
06-17-2007, 01:49
true, i guess ill take robert

Warluster
06-17-2007, 01:50
:laugh4:
I convinced you! Yay!:grin3:

gibsonsg91921
06-17-2007, 01:51
yep - plus as robert i start out on the mainland in caen, the best settlement out there

Cecil XIX
06-17-2007, 06:10
Hearing the term 'houses' effectively replaced with 'families' has given me an idea. Suppose that, instead of having a fixed four families, we have the families branch off over time? My idea is that when a father dies, the families split up based on their last names (or lack thereof). Let me use KotR as an example of how this would work. Arnold, Hans, Ebelhard, and Henry are all one family. While Henry is alive, all those under him on the family tree are part of that family, but when he dies Ulrich Hummel will become head of his own family, and since Sigismund der Stoltze is already dead the von Salza and van Dassel branches will also split. The von Kastilien, von Mahren, and von Hamburg lines were all part of the von Saxony family when Dietrich was alive, but when he died they all became their own seperate families. It may need some tweaking for simplicities sake, but I think the idea of one last name for one family, with each family having the power of a House, as some intrigueing implications.

The main problem would be making sure each family has a reasonable number of provinces for it's members. It would be necessary for Dukes and Counts to keep the lands they conqueror. The benefits would be making it easier to contruct IC justifications for rebellion due to the decentralization of loyalty, as well as making the politics between nobles more interesting. It would also increase the IC impetus for fathering your own children, something that is more historically accurate

In any case, I'd very much like to here the opinions of more experienced PBEMers on how this changes would affect gameplay.

Warluster
06-17-2007, 06:19
Yeah,sounds pretty good.

And then it would cause more problems as Famil Memebers have more loyalty to their families then to England, and then rivalires betweeen the families..

I think its a bloody good idea Cecil.

gibsonsg91921
06-17-2007, 23:08
robert is curthose, correct?

Csargo
06-18-2007, 04:28
I can still put forward petitions even though I don't have an avatar, right?

Ignoramus
06-18-2007, 04:35
Certainly. It would be a rather boring Parliament if there were only two voices.

Ignoramus
06-18-2007, 13:13
Don't forget that only Counts, Dukes, the Prince, or the King may lead armies.

You will need to appoint more counts to have more armies.

Oh, and taxes will need to be debated as well.

gibsonsg91921
06-18-2007, 14:48
is robert a duke or a count, or nothing? what family is he, curthose? and when do we start playing?

gibsonsg91921
06-18-2007, 16:13
i have a few other questions too. is 600 florins a turn going to be revised? because at this point we cant even train mailed knights. also, hypothetically, if i were to feel ambitious, could i attack someone who is not the king, say william rufus, in the hopes of usurping the throne? im not going to do that cuz that would be REALLY MEAN. but hypothetically, later on, if theres a brat i dont like, can i attack him without being disloyal to the king?

Cecil XIX
06-18-2007, 19:32
I suppose it would be up to the king. Of course, most kings (including myself) would not look kindly upon infighting between nobles. Actually, it would be pretty interesting if the King was forced to intervene personally.

EDIT: Ignoramus, Ichigo, gibsong91921. What are your thoughts on my idea about families? I'm sure you know better than to worry about hurting my feelings. ^_^

Csargo
06-18-2007, 20:17
I think it's a good idea.

gibsonsg91921
06-18-2007, 21:48
i thought it was cool too

Ignoramus
06-19-2007, 09:41
I agree; it's a good idea.

I encourage everyone to debate the tax levels of the English cities. Remember that aside from declaring war, this is the only current privilege of the Parliament.

Also, those with avatars(myself, Ichigo, and gibbonsong) might want to lobby Cecil to appoint them lands from the Crown to raise them to the rank of a Count.

gibsonsg91921
06-19-2007, 15:02
i messaged cecil about my countyship and im waiting on his reply

Csargo
06-19-2007, 16:35
I agree; it's a good idea.

I encourage everyone to debate the tax levels of the English cities. Remember that aside from declaring war, this is the only current privilege of the Parliament.

Also, those with avatars(myself, Ichigo, and gibbonsong) might want to lobby Cecil to appoint them lands from the Crown to raise them to the rank of a Count.

I didn't think I had an avatar yet.

gibsonsg91921
06-19-2007, 17:54
you're henry - he just hasnt come of age

Csargo
06-19-2007, 20:38
you're henry - he just hasnt come of age

I meant I didn't think I could ask for lands until my avatar comes of age.

gibsonsg91921
06-19-2007, 23:26
o yeah lol not yet - i assume ull get york once we get it

Ignoramus
06-20-2007, 00:25
The voting poll will go up shortly.

Ignoramus
06-20-2007, 02:38
Right, voting has started. It will close in 24 hours. So make sure you get your vote it.

At the moment, all the barons are in the House of Commons. This is because there are no bishops or Dukes.

The King cannot vote on taxes or petitons, but he can vote on declarations of war.

gibsonsg91921
06-21-2007, 00:32
i cant wait till i'm a duke - itll be more power ive ever had in a PBM. granting fiefs, controlling multiple region's build queues, having vassals.

Csargo
06-21-2007, 00:38
i cant wait till i'm a duke - itll be more power ive ever had in a PBM. granting fiefs, controlling multiple region's build queues, having vassals.

:beam: :smash:

Ignoramus
06-21-2007, 02:28
Just remember that as a Count of a settlement you are granted 600 florins per turn. This must be spent on soldiers and building constuction. So you might want to rearrange your build queue a bit. As you currently have 600 florins, you won't be able to build the Drill Square straight away. I know this is rather restrictive on the development of your settlement, but it is stop rapid development of settlements in order to not disadvantage the King and to give the AI a chance.

gibsonsg91921
06-21-2007, 02:32
whoops ok

Ignoramus
06-21-2007, 04:36
Basically, you get 600 florins added to your treasury each turn. For example, take my build and unit queues:

Turn 1 (600): Welsh Spearmen - 470
Turn 2 (730): Dirt Roads - 400, Hobliars - 280
Turn 3 (650):
Turn 4 (1250): Garrison Quarters - 1200
Turn 5 (650): Hobilars - 280
Turn 6 (970):

That's my queue for the first 5 turns. As you can see, I can only recruit/build with the ammount of money I have at the start of each turn.

Basically, you start out with 600 florins. If you recruited or built nothing during the first turn, you would start with 1200 florins on the second turn. If, however, you built Dirt Roads on the first turn, you would only have 800 florins to spend on the second turn.

I hope everyone can understand this.

gibsonsg91921
06-21-2007, 04:38
so if i spend 600 per turn, i can take a ballista maker cuz its 3 turns and 1600, right? that makes 533 florins per turn spent.

sounds like a lotta number crunching - we'd have to take really good records

gibsonsg91921
06-21-2007, 16:10
hey i have an idea - how about we are alloted 6000 florins per 10 turns. any money u do not spend is gone - back to the king's treasury. if anyone likes this idea, tell me

Warluster
06-22-2007, 09:31
lol, your churning out ideas.

Finnaly the boards are back up!

gibsonsg91921
06-22-2007, 15:34
hey cecil u started yet? i wanna kill some frenchies! haha rebels that is.

Cecil XIX
06-22-2007, 20:29
I wish I had checked here yesterday before the site crashed, I could have started then. Oh well, I'll start right away.

Cecil XIX
06-22-2007, 22:26
This is a heads-up to let Ignoramus know that Prince Rufus is assaulting York. He also needs to empty his PM box. Popular guy, huh? :beam:

gibsonsg91921
06-22-2007, 22:44
or just never empties it :P lol

Ignoramus
06-23-2007, 02:59
York has been taken. I've uploaded the saved game.

Warluster
06-23-2007, 03:34
yay! York is ours!

gibsonsg91921
06-23-2007, 04:26
congrats, duke lol

i want rennes or bruges, baby

Csargo
06-23-2007, 04:48
What turn is it?

Warluster
06-23-2007, 05:43
The very first turn I'd say, as originally there was a army near YOrk when the game starts.

gibsonsg91921
06-25-2007, 01:52
i was pretty nervous - this is my first PBM battle and i didnt wanna stink and lose my whole army or have robert die or something stupid.

Csargo
06-29-2007, 06:40
Henry should come of age in 1096 I believe. Is that right Cecil?

Cecil XIX
06-29-2007, 14:58
You're right, though it turns out I was mistaken when I stated it was 1096. It's actually 1094. Anyway, you're welcome to download the last save file and post a build queue earlier.

Csargo
06-29-2007, 17:47
Never figured out where the save game is at. :/

Cecil XIX
06-29-2007, 23:54
Ah! Well, here you are.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/?C=M;O=D

The most recent saves are up top.

econ21
07-02-2007, 09:48
Hi guys - I noticed a magnacarta1100.sav in the uploader. Please compress saves in .rar or .zip format before uploading. With this kind of WotS game, a lot of saves are uploaded - we don't want to impose unnecessarily on our hosts.

gibsonsg91921
07-02-2007, 16:31
how do you do that?

ps i dont have winrar so if you can do winzip that'd be great

Cecil XIX
07-02-2007, 17:48
Hmm. I had thought that it was compressed upon uploading, but it seems that isn't so. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Econ.

Csargo
07-02-2007, 20:18
I dont even know how to use the .sav :shrug:

econ21
07-02-2007, 22:42
I dont even know how to use the .sav :shrug:

Just download the file into your M2TW saves subdirectory and you are good to go.

Csargo
07-02-2007, 23:41
Thanks econ. ever time I clicked on it, it just brought me to another page.

Csargo
07-10-2007, 03:37
Is this still alive?

Cecil XIX
07-10-2007, 04:01
Yes, it's still alive. Though at the rate things are going, I might have to stur up some trouble just to keep things interesting.

gibsonsg91921
07-10-2007, 04:07
declare civil war on someone! not me...

Ignoramus
07-10-2007, 04:39
I'm still active, although I don't know if I would be able to fight multiplayer battles.

Cecil XIX
07-10-2007, 05:03
I would seriously consider starting a Civil War if I had any IC justification. Right now I'm just wondering why only two people participated in the petitions recently.

Speaking of which, how would everyone have voted on my proposed charter amendment?

gibsonsg91921
07-10-2007, 05:08
i would have voted for it

Csargo
07-10-2007, 19:16
I probably would have too.

gibsonsg91921
07-18-2007, 17:24
hey guys cecils still playing lets keep this active!

Csargo
07-19-2007, 01:11
I probably won't be able to fight any battles because my CPU overheats and shuts down my computer when I play M2TW so until I can fix it I won't be able to fight any battles.

gibsonsg91921
07-19-2007, 17:25
alright, we can autoresolve if u get into a battle. i just dont want this to die, i was so excited to get it started. wheres iggy?

Cecil XIX
07-24-2007, 20:29
Well, we have a new avatar. He's a little old, but with luck he should die at about the time Robert, Rufus, or Henry have a son come of age. Warluster, he yours unless you would prefer to wait.

Csargo
07-24-2007, 21:40
I figured out a way to play until I can get a new vid card and some other things.

Ignoramus
07-31-2007, 07:01
Sorry for my lack of activity guys. King Rufus is going to get things going!

Many thanks to Cecil who kept the game alive when it appeared to be dead.

gibsonsg91921
07-31-2007, 15:47
nice - back in action!

Cecil XIX
08-10-2007, 13:13
If Warluster is not going to clame Stephan Allen, then I shall.

Ignoramus
08-10-2007, 13:17
Certainly, feel free to take him.

I need more people to implement the Houses of Commons and Lords - they simply won't work with 3 people.

Cecil XIX
08-12-2007, 00:55
Happy birthday, Ichigo.

gibsonsg91921
08-12-2007, 14:42
We should get more parliament action going - Iggy ur good at stirring things up haha