PDA

View Full Version : The Eagle and the Lake: Total War

Hissing Fauna
05-01-2007, 22:26
After several weeks of planning, researching and mapping, it's time to formally announce the mod.

The Eagle and the Lake takes place between 1248 AD - 1600 AD, and illustrates the rise and fall of the Incan and Aztec Empires. With a large, lovely map stretching from the tip of Florida down to Chile, the player will be able to choose from an array of native factions, such as:

The Mexica Empire
The Tarascan Empire
Mayapan
Totonicapán Kingdom
The Caribs
The Incas
Kingdom of Chimor
Aymara Kingdom

In addition to battling other native cultures for supremacy, the player will have to resist the invasion of the Spanish, English and Portugesse.

Currently, work is being done on the map, as well as some research and artwork. We are looking for the following people to help with the mod:

Researchers
Moddlers/Skinners
Coders
Mappers

If you'd like to help, please post in this thread, because we need all the help we can get. Feel free to PM either here, or at Total War Center.

Credits:
Research / Mod Leader: Hissing Fauna
Mapper: Vorge (From Total War Center)

Here is a picture of the Heights map:
https://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w163/Vorge/americanatwheightsmap2.jpg
Thank's for your time!

Hissing Fauna

Filibustería
05-01-2007, 23:43
Great! You should think on adding the diaguita, they fit on your map.

Pity it dosnt have enough room for the mapuche

Hissing Fauna
05-02-2007, 01:24
If you could provide some information on the Diaguita, we could add them, or substitute another faction for them. :)

Filibustería
05-02-2007, 01:39
I would love to. I live in Chile, and i can provide you with info and references for the diguita and the aymara.

Vorge
05-02-2007, 01:40
It would be nice to have more factions so if you have info on them I think we could look into them. As right now we have 9 including the rebels. BTW I'm hoping to post some in-game screen shots soon.

Filibustería
05-02-2007, 01:43
I think it would be wiser to stick with the factions you got. I, being a member of inca total war, know that it is very difficult to get people interested on this, and working on this, so the less factions you got, the easier to make the mod is.

Filibustería
05-02-2007, 01:44
BTW I'm hoping to post some in-game screen shots soon.

really? you got models already?

Hissing Fauna
05-02-2007, 01:48
No, no models, Vorge means that the map is nearly ready for in-game screenshots. :P

I think for now, you're right. Some info on the Aymara would be great, and later we can add the Diguita.

Filibustería
05-02-2007, 01:52
What do you need?

Hissing Fauna
05-02-2007, 02:02
Firstly, we need information on their cities and their units. Reference pictures would be very nice.

Vorge
05-02-2007, 02:36
Ya. lol. No models. I don't know how to do that. :)

Filibustería
05-02-2007, 03:22
Ill pm some info to one of you.

Murfios
05-03-2007, 03:29
I want to join. Aztecs are one of my fav cultures as well as Inca. Im a 2D artist and work with my fellow here Filibusteria in a cousin of your mod called Inca Total War.

Vorge
05-03-2007, 07:15
Hello Murfios. Hissing Fauna should be contacting you soon. Thank you for your interest. Hopefully we should have some work for you to do soon.

alpaca
05-03-2007, 19:46
Are you sure you want to go so far to the south and east? In the east you only have really small factions, or land similar to russia with huge provinces and scarcely settled, and in the south you'll only have the Inca.

Hissing Fauna
05-03-2007, 21:32
Are you sure you want to go so far to the south and east? In the east you only have really small factions, or land similar to russia with huge provinces and scarcely settled, and in the south you'll only have the Inca.

Actually, there are a number of cultures in the Andean area. Namely, The Chimor Kingdom, the Inca Empire and the Ayamra culture. Meanwhile, most of the eastern area of South America will be inaccesable, with cities on the eastern coasts for the Europeon invaders to conquer. There will also be a number of mercenaries and resources there.

Murfios: Are you able to do some skinning? If not, then maybe you could help with the faction emblems? As the mod progreses, we could use some help in changing the artwork to better fit the mod.

Filibustería
05-03-2007, 22:12
Murfios is the master of the faction symbols and he also does a good skinning.

Filibustería
05-03-2007, 22:15

some people think that all the civilisation in america was on central and north america, with the maya and the aztecs, but in the area of peru and bolivia were some powerful and advanced empires, much larger thatn the aztec: chimor and Tahuantisullyo or Inca empire. The inca empire was more powerfull and advanced than the aztecs, they had organised armies with bronze weapons and armour.

Murfios
05-05-2007, 05:08
Thx Fil. Yeah, I can skin but im no pro. It like telling a clock maker to build chair. He can, but his best focus is elsewhere.

Gurkhal
05-09-2007, 07:07
Looks like a great mod. Wish you fellows the best of luck. :2thumbsup:

Ilsamir Lord
05-09-2007, 22:47
May I ask the resource you used for that height map? Was it some NASA site or something? I ask because I'm looking for similar, satellite image based data for another map I'm working on.

Hissing Fauna
05-09-2007, 23:40
You'll have to ask Vorge about that.

Unfortuanately, we've reached a bit of a hurdle. Vorge's computor crashed and he lost a lot of the map files. Hopefully we'll be back on track soon.

Filibustería
05-10-2007, 00:12
thats bad.

alpaca
05-11-2007, 15:35
Ilsamir Lord: http://geoengine.nima.mil/muse-cgi-bin/rast_roam.cgi
There's also usgs.gov (the gtopo30 data is what you're looking for)

Best check out BDH's great post, too https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=57828

Murfios
06-02-2007, 01:00
Are we still kicking?

Vorge
06-04-2007, 00:27
Im not sure. I fear not. I don't think we found a real interest in the mod from the community.

<><><>Paddy<><><>
06-13-2007, 18:29
This mod sounds great!! I can't wait to play the Incans!!!!! the only thing is that the Kingdoms expantion pack might make this mod pointless.

Filibustería
06-13-2007, 23:08
If you wanyt to play as incas look at the Inca total war mod!