PDA

View Full Version : Eb 2

roastedpekingduck
05-02-2007, 20:16
When Europa Barbarorum 2 comes out, will it still be a mod for Rome: Total War, or will it be a mod for Medieval Total War 2? I ask because at this point, I can neither afford MTW2 or run it, so I do hope EB2 will be released for RTW.

Pharnakes
05-02-2007, 20:22
No, sorry EB2 will be for M2TW:no:

cunctator
05-02-2007, 20:26
It will be a Mod for M:TW2, but it won't be released in the near future. So you have still a lot of time to uprgarde your PC:

roastedpekingduck
05-02-2007, 20:33
If the release will come in about two years, then I likely will have a new computer by then.

WImPyTjeH
05-02-2007, 20:46
If the release will come in about two years, then I likely will have a new computer by then.
I've read (don't know if it's true though) that they won't start modding it until Kingdoms is released.

W

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-02-2007, 20:59
Currently EB2 modding is in the conceptual phase.

It will be for M2TW. It may be for Kingdoms, it may be not.

Right now the majority of effort is on finishing EB1. EB1 will be finished and EB 1.0 will be released. But making EB2 for RTW would be useless since EB1 pushed the RTW engine to its limits.

EoE
05-02-2007, 21:04
Ah, EB2 ... a far-away dream of a great campaign. I wonder how it will be with a more stable diplomatic system? And what about the new opportunities: The princesses, merchants and priests? Or the two city models. Not to mention the ability of modders to control unit availability.

It will be very interesting to see.

rgds/EoE

roastedpekingduck
05-03-2007, 04:33
Currently EB2 modding is in the conceptual phase.

It will be for M2TW. It may be for Kingdoms, it may be not.

Right now the majority of effort is on finishing EB1. EB1 will be finished and EB 1.0 will be released. But making EB2 for RTW would be useless since EB1 pushed the RTW engine to its limits.
So should I assume that there will be at least several years of time in between EB1 and EB2? I'd hate to have EB2 come out soon after EB1 when I haven't finished savoring the goodness of EB1.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-03-2007, 04:57
Who knows when a completed EB2 will be finished, but hopefully the first release of EB2 won't take years. :sweatdrop:

bovi
05-03-2007, 06:55
A lot of the time spent on EB has been research, which of course will be reused. Still, there's a lot of work to be done.

Kull
05-03-2007, 07:42
A lot of the time spent on EB has been research, which of course will be reused. Still, there's a lot of work to be done.

That's an important point. We are still doing research for the newer elements of EB1, and much of that will be used by EB2. So in that sense, working to complete EB1 is ALSO reducing the amount of time that will have to be spent on EB2. It is completely different from EB1, where EVERYTHING had to be built from scratch.

Krusader
05-03-2007, 09:54
Ah, EB2 ... a far-away dream of a great campaign. I wonder how it will be with a more stable diplomatic system? And what about the new opportunities: The princesses, merchants and priests? Or the two city models. Not to mention the ability of modders to control unit availability.

It will be very interesting to see.

rgds/EoE

We will probably use princesses for most factions. We are discussing city models.

But controlling unit availability...oh my...I'm 95% sure we will restrict elites and other units, like perhaps slingers so the AI (and player) won't send stacks of those.

Sarkiss
05-03-2007, 16:38
We will probably use princesses for most factions. We are discussing city models.

But controlling unit availability...oh my...I'm 95% sure we will restrict elites and other units, like perhaps slingers so the AI (and player) won't send stacks of those.
very good point. annoying to see such nonsense AI's armies over and over again.
realy looking forward to EB2 and hope you'll set things ready to start modding when Kingdoms is out so it'll exploit its benefits and new features:yes:
but for near future EB1 is the most wanted and superior mod on a horizont.

kalkwerk
05-03-2007, 20:31
Im especially interested in what you can do with Casus Belli. I think modding the papacy could have some interesting opportunities.

Al-Masri
05-05-2007, 17:09
And dont forget scripting will be less of a problem now that the AI is moddable so the game will run alot faster and with the possibility of more scripted events.

Wolfman
05-05-2007, 21:50
And when you upgrade your troops armour their skins actually change to show their new armor. I think this would be a good way to represent the polybian reforms. I hope you will be able to mod diplomacy so that when you open up diplomacy with a faction they will talk to you in their native language.

Tretii
05-05-2007, 23:25
And when you upgrade your troops armour their skins actually change to show their new armor. I think this would be a good way to represent the polybian reforms.
MTW2 does that? Amazing, I didn't know that. Sounds like a dreamy future for EB2.

G3N3RAL GR13V0US
05-06-2007, 01:21
MTW2 does that? Amazing, I didn't know that. Sounds like a dreamy future for EB2.

It does mate...if the EB team need modders...I present myself so PM me if u need more hands especially on EB 2

cpwn
05-06-2007, 11:01
I love EB very much. I would purchase M2:TW when EB2 comes out.

And I hope EB team can also make a mod about medieval Europe.:2thumbsup:

M2 is so bad.....:furious3:

Foot
05-06-2007, 11:19
I love EB very much. I would purchase M2:TW when EB2 comes out.

And I hope EB team can also make a mod about medieval Europe.:2thumbsup:

M2 is so bad.....:furious3:

There are currently two medieval mods for MTW2, MA and MTR, both of which are in capable hands. Truth is, a few EB members have joined those modding teams, but the EB team as a whole are not interested in doing a medieval mod; for many of us its not an interest.

Anyway, trying to put out two mods for the same engine, on completely different timelines would be absurdly difficult. We can hardly finish one! :laugh4:

Foot

cpwn
05-06-2007, 12:26
There are currently two medieval mods for MTW2, MA and MTR, both of which are in capable hands. Truth is, a few EB members have joined those modding teams, but the EB team as a whole are not interested in doing a medieval mod; for many of us its not an interest.

Anyway, trying to put out two mods for the same engine, on completely different timelines would be absurdly difficult. We can hardly finish one! :laugh4:

Foot

So sad:embarassed:

I have play many mods like RTR,CTW,Crusaders...etc of RTW,and I think EB is the best on preference setting.

Therefore,I consider you guys could create the most nearly true Medieval Total War.:yes:

Caveira
05-07-2007, 12:31
The idea of the EB team doing an Antiquity mod for M2TW and RTR team doing a Medievel mod for M2TW is... so... delecious! So dam fracking delecious, I'd go as far as... guess what?... BUY M2TW! :laugh4:

I Am Herenow
05-07-2007, 15:02
Do you think the promise in Kingdoms of something along the lines of "clever tech trees, changing depending on location and prestige" will mean the EB tech tree will be properly displayed?

Foot
05-07-2007, 15:13
Do you think the promise in Kingdoms of something along the lines of "clever tech trees, changing depending on location and prestige" will mean the EB tech tree will be properly displayed?

We have no idea. The problem with the current building browser is entirely the "not" issue, if that is fixed in MTW2 or Kingdoms then we shouldn't have a problem. We literally have no idea yet.

Foot

MiniMe
05-07-2007, 15:40
The problem with the current building browser is entirely the "not" issue, if that is fixed in MTW2 or Kingdoms then we shouldn't have a problem.
please, explain, what is exactly the "not" issue.

Foot
05-07-2007, 15:56
please, explain, what is exactly the "not" issue.

The "not" condition in the export_descr_building code (on the line that tells the game who gets the building and what conditions are required for it) screws up the building browser so that any building which includes the "not" conditional will not show up. And that doesn't even include the "or" issue, which doesn't even work properly.

Foot

Tellos Athenaios
05-07-2007, 16:28
Nothing as irritating as correct code still being buggy, because of the statements being buggy itself...