PDA

View Full Version : Victory Conditions

Grifman
02-15-2002, 06:17
Has there been any information about victory conditions? The reason I ask is that a goal of conquering all or Europe is a bit unrealistic. Conquering Japan made sense because it was one country and it happened historically, but no medieval power came close to having the ability to conquer all of Europe, much less the Middle East and North Africa which are also included in the game. Only the Arabs in the 8th century came even close when they penetrated France at Tours and also got all the way to Constantinople before being defeated by the Franks and the Byzantines respectively, and thrown back.

I think it would make more sense for a point system, such as in Europa Universalis, maybe with points for provinces controlled each year, battles won, diplomatic agreements, etc. Any thoughts/ideas?

Grifman

BSM_Skkzarg
02-15-2002, 07:10
That may be an option, like holding 40 of the provinces of Japan can let you win in WE/MI. However, it should be allowed that you could conquer all of the area, because it just so happens that I am a better strategic tactician than any of those old farts in history - so for ME it is possible...

8-)

Qapla!

------------------
BSM_Skkzarg
"ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
"ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Sir Kuma of The Org
02-15-2002, 21:11
I like your attitude BSM_Skkzarg!!!! http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Give them hellllllllllll!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Yes the camel sprites do look good, hope they sound good also...

Sir Chauncy
02-16-2002, 21:58
I agree with you and have wondered on what the objectives of this game will be. Fighting battles will obviously feature highly but to what end? What are you actually fighting a campaign to achieve?

I do however, think that I am a far better tactition that you Mr Qapla! But am far to scared that I might be trounced on the field of battle to prove it http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif. In fact, I am certain that the most offensive thing I could manage would be to bleed on you nastily.

*grin*

Toda Nebuchadnezzar
02-17-2002, 05:08
Well isn't that friendly. He wont kill you just bleed on you. Yet the blood has to come from sumwhere no doubt so this proves a set-back in your theory of passiveness.

------------------
Grand Master of
The Knights Templar
"non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"