PDA

View Full Version : Well Done!!! But few questions...

ni8_shadow
05-03-2007, 09:05
Great conversion!!! Really enjoy the look and feel of the game. I do have one question, maybe two.

1. Is there a reason why the sprites for the cavalry don't look as smooth as the infantry?

2. On the Campaign map i get CTD's. Sometimes when I click next turn and sometimes when I load my campaign. I do have a fresh install.

3. Your animations for the muskets are awesome. You ever consider modding NTW?

R'as al Ghul
05-03-2007, 09:33
Welcome,

1. Yes, the original STW cav has a lower resolution than the infantry.
2. We've heard about that but we don't have a solution for it. Even vanilla MTW crashes sometimes from campmap.
3. All credit has to go to the animator of STW. We've imported them into the game. NTW for MTW/VI is a finished mod afaik. They've done a really remarkable job.

R'as

Puzz3D
05-04-2007, 19:40
2. On the Campaign map i get CTD's. Sometimes when I click next turn and sometimes when I load my campaign. I do have a fresh install.
I just had a point in my Ashikaga campaign at the year 1615 that would CTD every time. I had a savegame at 1611 which let me try it several times, and it CTD'ed each time. For some unknown reason, the game now plays through that point without a CTD. Restarting the game may be what fixed it, but I'm not sure.

barocca
05-04-2007, 22:43
something changed between the date of your savedgame and 1615,

one of the AI players made a different decision and the "crash event" no longer occurs.

It is not something the player does, it is something the AI does,

It could be one of several things
has something to do with the AI having cheats permanently enabled. (and we cannot turn them off)

or the AI is doing something that breaks the database.

MAYBE it even has something to do with an AI Daimyo sallying? (as puzz recently found when the General that will lead the battle sally's from a castle the games internal default map gets used )

As soon as you can see most of the map the odds of a crash go way up,
(crashes happen far more often)
having ships everywhere, or having matteosartori on.

cheers
B.