PDA

View Full Version : Great News!

Bwian
05-05-2007, 15:41
no..I haven't won the lottery.... but this is great news all the same!

For those who have been following the unravelling of hte MESH format and the work to crack animation, but a major breakthrough has happened which has far reaching repercussions for this mod.

They have managed to successfully rebuild from parts the skeleton dat file. What's so great about that you ask ..well it's simple...

It means we can make new skeletons with re-sited bones.

This means REAL DWARVES, correctly proportions Orcs and Skaven may get tails that move! and a whole host of other things.

The bad news is, however, that it is going to mean a whole shedload of work to make the new animations, since you have to modify them ALL to fit the new skeleton...but it's a price I will happily pay for the end result.

DrZoidberg
05-05-2007, 16:24
That's wonderful news

uanime5
05-05-2007, 17:37
Excellent. Now we can make Bone Giants, Dwarves, Skaven, Orcs, etc. Bwain could you modify a horse to become a chariot?

Bwian
05-05-2007, 18:15
No...I don't think so. If it works like the RTW stuff did, then a horse is not a good choice. An elephant...I think yes. You can have more than one crewman on one, and there are more bits to play with.

Scale it down, keep the legs as legs. The actual chariot and poles can be fixed ...and all I need is one extra bone moved to the axle point to make the wheels turn. The actual turning would be done via the movement animations. Thats easy....

The horses would move in step, but I think that is acceptable. You would have to parallel them.

alexader
05-05-2007, 20:13
Very good news Bwian,i'm looking forward to see them in action.Keep Walking
:egypt:

Blood Claw
05-29-2007, 03:46
Well, then this is just fantastic news though as you said, it does definitely mean much more work but in the end I can only imagine the pay-off.

Bwian
05-29-2007, 22:08
Thanks to the work of KnightErrant, we can convert over a whole load of the animations and force them to fit the new skeletons. The rotational movement of the animation remains the smae..but the translations are all calculated to fit the new structure. Instant conversion of ALL the animatiosn from the old set to the new skeleton. We would still have to hand do movements for new bones ( like tails ) but the MESH 'gurus' ( Grumpy Old Man and KnightErrant ) say it can be done!