PDA

View Full Version : Map wip

Casuir
05-05-2007, 18:54
Just a quick shot of the map I took between ctds
https://img47.imageshack.us/img47/8022/hochlandkl8.th.png (https://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hochlandkl8.png)
Still very much wip. And before anyone points it out I know its Salzenmund not berg.

Bwian
05-05-2007, 20:06
Looking very nice indeed! I know it's a struggle, and Casuir is having to cope with quite a few 'glitches' with the way MTW2 maps seem to work... but it is coming along very nicely.

If our early WIP's look this good...just wait till we have a finished product :2thumbsup:

Casuir
05-05-2007, 20:29
Yeah, the ctds look to be connected to rivers, they dont happen if I leave them out. I cant pin it down to any particular spot though, a spot that causes a crash goes away after I add another regions, but I get them in new spots. Guess can just plow on and hope for the best.

Meneldil
05-06-2007, 09:55
Well, if it can help you, I also had very random CTD's when I made my own map on RTW.

For example, when I had the map done, but with only 2 placeholder regions, I sometimes got CTD's when scrolling over some part of the map. Then, after adding new regions, the CTD disappeared, but another one would occur when scrolling over another part of the map.
Hopefully, the issue was solved after adding a decent amount of region.

Edit : otherwise, great work on the map :)

Casuir
05-06-2007, 10:08
Aye, whats ingame now isnt crashing, happened exactly as you describe. I was able to get rid of the ctds in some parts by modifing the border areas pixel by pixel, the problem definity seemed to be related to borders along rivers, in the end though just had to ignore them and keep adding. I'm wondering if it isnt going to cause some other problem later though, its crashing for a reason

Meneldil
05-06-2007, 11:49
Well, as I said, everything went fine once I added something like 50 regions to the map. All the CTDs I had after that were caused by bad files editing, and were fix-able.