PDA

View Full Version : Ethnicities...

Megas Pyrrhos
05-06-2007, 00:09
Recently, I decided that Baktria needed another ethnic group to represent Indian and Hellenic mixing(something along the lines of 'Heterogenes-Indos'). I modified some files that I knew of that needed to be changed in order to make a trait, description, and triggers for a new ethnicity trait(like MakedonBaktria or HellenBaktria). But it didn't work...

So, my question is, what files do I need to modify, and what do I have to do in those files to make everything work happily together. Thanks.

Megas Pyrrhos
05-09-2007, 04:13
Does no one not even know what files need to be modified? After I know which files to modify, its likely I can use my somewhat-crappy modding ability to do the rest......

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-09-2007, 06:31
I don't know, personally.

They are essentially just traits. Maybe look in modder forums about traiting how-to...

BozosLiveHere
05-15-2007, 03:26
You probably placed the triggers at the end of the file. That's why it won't work. You have to find the other triggers for Baktrian ethnicities and put your new triggers before the last one (for each event). This is so because we make use of the fact that the edct file is read sequentially to have a "default" ethnicity that's chosen with 100% chance if no other ethnic trait is picked before.

Megas Pyrrhos
05-15-2007, 03:58
thx for that insight, and i do believe i didn't put it at the end of the file, but it wasnt in sequence either, so that would mess it up i guess...again, thx for the info and maybe i'll make some modifications.