PDA

View Full Version : Civil war

Narhon
05-06-2007, 03:27
I have an idea for EB; roman faction. I was thinking that if there are two roman consuls or even one ex consul and one consul present sometime after the Marian reforms that one faction will break away and one will have to fight a civil war. I thought that some kind of civil war like Sulla and Marian or Caesar and Pompey would be fun and add a little more challenge.

Ludens
05-06-2007, 11:53
The problem is that the R:TW civil war mechanism requires a counterfaction, and since there is a faction limit it means that one faction has to be sacrificed. The resulting civil war wouldn't be very realistic either: just occasional generals leaving your cause, but no mass uprisings or split empires. Also, having only the Romans would suffer from a civil war is very unrealistic: until Sulla they were one of the most stable factions, while (almost?) all other factions suffered from some form of internal dissent.

Narhon
05-06-2007, 15:51
The problem is that the R:TW civil war mechanism requires a counterfaction, and since there is a faction limit it means that one faction has to be sacrificed. The resulting civil war wouldn't be very realistic either: just occasional generals leaving your cause, but no mass uprisings or split empires. Also, having only the Romans would suffer from a civil war is very unrealistic: until Sulla they were one of the most stable factions, while (almost?) all other factions suffered from some form of internal dissent.

thanks for the link and info:beam:

AngryAngelDD
05-07-2007, 11:38
didn´t the BI-engine have a specific counter-faction slot?
additionally to the other faction slots?

if so, this might be worth a minimod...?!

Ludens
05-07-2007, 12:19
didn´t the BI-engine have a specific counter-faction slot?
additionally to the other faction slots?
Unfortunatly not. BI had IIRC 17 faction, including the counterfactions.

AngryAngelDD
05-07-2007, 13:26
d..n....:no:

that´s :furious3: