PDA

View Full Version : royal marriages

the Count of Flanders
02-28-2002, 02:45
Can you acquire new territories through royal marriage? This was done quite aften, especially by the French kings.

Sir Kuma of The Org
02-28-2002, 04:30
I do not know how exactly this will play out (strenghten alliances or gain control of territories or keep your retainers/important generals in line by bringing them in the family or bring over to your side smaller "ronin" type factions that we're neutral) but in the game you will be able to marry off your daughters in fixed marriages.

Grim
02-28-2002, 11:43
French were lovers not fighters so they conquered using their weapons: wedding beautiful princesses to hideous kings http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif (time to even the score for the french don't you think).

------------------
"Je vous repondrai par la bouche de mes canons"
-Frontenac
(I will answer you with the blast of my canons)
-Trad. libre

Leet Eriksson
02-28-2002, 15:27
i think princesses will be devastating weapons they can marry an enemy prince and when they bring a son he will be the new hier of the territory so when he grows old enough he claims the territory to your own.just a theory dunno...

Hirosito
03-01-2002, 02:02
i agree with faisal it'llt ake time for your heir to grow up but then the princesses potential will really have paid off. i just hope that the game is difficult enough so that i wont have killed the enemy anyway before the little sucker grows up.

------------------
Hirosito Mori

Gentile or Jew
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.