PDA

View Full Version : Citadel of Alamut [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2

Orb
05-08-2007, 22:26
November 1256 AD,

The invasions of the Mongols have driven thousands of refugees from all places to form into groups, seeking safety and protection. One such group, the Orgahs, people from all different backgrounds and nations of the earth, were starving and thirsty in the sun-scorched desert of Iran. They were pursued by Mongols, led by the terrifying Hulegu Khan. Who were they, in this position, to refuse the shelter of a seemingly abandoned fortress, with a unique water supply and walls to rival Constantinople or Antioch? Lured by safety and water they entered the Citadel of Alamut.

But it was not deserted. Within cellars and secret rooms there were men, trying desperately to conceal themselves, some claiming to be servants, others shown by their actions to be assassins. The Mongols, despite the impregnability of the castle, layed siege and stipulated their conditions:

'The Orgahs will be allowed to leave, if all the Assassins are handed over to the Mongols.'

It seemed like relief, but the post script revealed otherwise.

'However, I cannot depend on your judgement, or honesty yet. You must be tested, your skills of perception and war measured. I have sent a number of my spies amongst you once I knew you would reach this place before me. Every night, they will kill some of your number, and every day, you may execute one of your number. Only one. I hate cheating. Once they are all killed, you will be allowed to leave, and the survivors will be given rewards above their station. I will trust your judgement on which of the people here are assassins, and which are servants once this has been done.

Also, your martial skills will be tested to the limit. Every now and then, I will send a champion to face one selected by your number. If three of your champions are defeated, I will launch an attack. I do not see why I should wait here in the sun if I can simply storm the place. Be warned, as time goes on, my patience will run out.'

He did not believe they could pull off the coordinated skills and judgement calls needed to lynch all of his spies before they killed all of the townies, nor to select and find among their number Champions who could face the Mongols. But the Orgahs were no ordinary people, and among their number were more men of importance than Hulegu Khan had ever guessed possible.

---

Basic rules of Conduct:
No quoting PMs, either privately, or Chat logs, privately (in chat, by PM) or publically (in the thread). Ditto translating then quoting. Paraphrasing PMs, or quoting from in this thread/the information thread or past mafia games is fine.
Dead may not PM or discuss PMs.
No multiple accounts. If I find someone is using these, they will be WOGGED for certain.
Voting is not necessary, participating is. People who post very little or very insubstantially (e.g. post a spam post once every round and say nothing linked to the game) will be wogged.
Please don't spam the thread. A little banter is fine, but excessive spamming and 'empty' posts will be punished.

---
Game Rules:

Basic mafia:

Every night phase, the Mongol spies will kill some of your people.
Every day phase, you have to vote on one person to lynch.
The number of spies will be linked to the number of participants.

Advanced:

The Roles:

Most players will have a special role, of some kind, and unique/differentiated victory conditions. Even the Mongol spies will be varied.

The Champions:

On days 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11, a Mongol Champion will be sent to face a man elected by the townies as their own champion. The results will be decided on by a combat system. The loser will be killed. If three of these challenges are lost, the Mongols will invade. This will be very bad for the town.

The Weapons Store:

There is a store of weapons in the fortress. It is operated mechanically, and a player must pay some of the little money he has saved into a receiving slot to get the weaponry, equipment or armour he wants. Gold may be gained by looting the body of a Mongol champion, or by killing people. A per turn bonus is being considered, but isn't likely.

Fighting:

Every player has set fighting skills, from 1-10, at the start of the game. By certain actions, they may increase these fighting skills and gain proficiency with different weapons. They must gain the weapons in question to use these proficiencies, though. Some players will start with weapons. Others will be less fortunate. Certain weapons will be triggered and granted to players by certain events. Some of these triggers may be shown beforehand, others may not be.

The seven weapon proficiencies are: Bow, Mace/Staff, Sword, Spear, Axe, Fist, Knife

There is at least one weapon for each proficiency available. Fist proficiency does not require a weapon to use but is fairly ineffective. I do not intend to turn the game into a number-crunching D&D type battle system. Combat will be relatively simple to understand. Anyone may kill using weapon skills at night. Suffice to say, this is a risky strategy.

Duels:

Three duels per round. Same combat system as not described fully above. Players may not fight more than one player in a round, nor may they make more than one challenge in a round. The player who triumphs in a duel will get a payment from the

---

Basic victory:

The town wins when all spies are dead
The spies win when all Orgahs are dead. A Mongol assault does not mean an automatic loss for the townies, but will certainly result in more trouble for them.

So, anyone interested? Fighting will be kept secondary to lynchings and spy kills. Special roles should be available for just about everyone, unless we get a really large number of participants, at which point they'll run out of originality.

Stig
05-08-2007, 23:01
Stig ist in, jawohl mein Herr

pevergreen
05-08-2007, 23:19
la in.

Sasaki Kojiro
05-08-2007, 23:29
/in

*reads rules*

excellent ~D

I finally get to try my hand at a dueling system...

Stig
05-08-2007, 23:35
I like it so much I will put a fun version of duels in my own big mafia. Just because I like them.

They won't fit in my setup anyway to make them that important

RoadKill
05-08-2007, 23:51
I guess i'll be in.

Tran
05-09-2007, 01:02
In I am,

Getting lynched twice over silly reasons at early game isn't a good experience, everyone knows.

seireikhaan
05-09-2007, 01:02
OMG!!! A mafia involving the mongols! This is simply too good to be true! Sign me up!

pevergreen
05-09-2007, 01:08
might have to put a duel system in mine as well.

CountArach
05-09-2007, 04:57
Bam! In!

Ignoramus
05-09-2007, 07:19
I'm in, although I prefer a game of simple mafia, this looks promising.

sapi
05-09-2007, 09:07
In.

Are the duels fatal?

HughTower
05-09-2007, 09:42
In.

Tran
05-09-2007, 09:56
Hello Orb, how many people are needed to join before the game start?

Twilightblade
05-09-2007, 11:16
Im in

maybe this will force me to post more often than I have been because I'd hate to be WOGGED

Warmaster Horus
05-09-2007, 11:23
In.
Gah, I can't resist Org Mafia...

Orb
05-09-2007, 17:35
Duels aren't fatal. The game will be started when I'm ready. I'd be careful putting duels as standard in mafia. People don't need them in the games. For mine, I liked the martial tone and it makes it easier for the role variations. It also adds a little bit more trust and so on.

I'll be advertising a little more widely too first.

Can junior members post in the gameroom?

---

Weapons:
A weapon has three values: Type(sword, knife, axe/mace/staff, bow, spear, fist), Penetrative Power (1-10), and cost

A weapon of the bow, spear or axe/mace/staff types requires two hands to use.

Armour has two values: protection, and cost
Shields also have two values: protection, and cost

Combat system:

1) Weapons vs. Armour:
Take each combatant's armour values and subtract from those their opponent's penetration values. If the result is positive, the combatant gains that bonus. Having a weapon with excess penetration doesn't help.

2) Weapon types
Some weapon types have bonuses against others (bonus applied to fight value, not penetration). These are the bonuses/penalties:

Fist: no bonuses
Knife: +1 against Fist
Sword: +1 against knife
Spear: +1 against staff/mace/axe
Bow: +1 against axe/mace/staff, +1 against spear, -1 against shield
Staff/Mace/Axe: +1 against shield

A non-proficient fighter cannot make use of the advantages of his weapon type and also suffers a -1 penalty. Staff/Mace/Axe type weapons generally have the highest penetrative powers, fists the lowest.

After these bonuses have been applied, the fight is concluded by the highest of the resultant fight values. The town may get some information on the Mongol champions on the morning of battle, and will be able to pick their own champion accordingly.

Also, every day there will be some minor votable event.
E.g. Weapons crate discovered. One of the Assassin cult is found...etc.

Warmaster Horus
05-09-2007, 17:58
As for the new members, they have to ask Sasaki to give them the permission to post in the Gameroom.
In fact, they can't post in the whole "Miscellaneous" Section of the Org, except the Watchtower.

Now, the duel system sounds nice.

minor votable event
That means we have to vote to decide what event we want, or?

One of the Assassin cult is found
What kind of consequences would that have?

Orb
05-09-2007, 19:25
Quote:
minor votable event
That means we have to vote to decide what event we want, or?

My apologies, unclear: An event, which the town will have to vote how to resolve.

Quote:
One of the Assassin cult is found
What kind of consequences would that have?

Wait and see consequences :)

RoadKill
05-09-2007, 22:55
Wow the dueling system is so confusing...

Caius
05-10-2007, 00:42
Im in, I guess.

Redleg
05-10-2007, 01:06
I am in

TevashSzat
05-10-2007, 03:43
in just dont expect me to be active till after APs

Orb
05-10-2007, 19:44
15 so far.

About to spread the word, as it were, to the Frontroom and Backroom.

Seamus Fermanagh
05-10-2007, 20:09
Confusing. Full of shifting alliances and ambiguity.

Of course I'm in.

Pannonian
05-10-2007, 20:12
Add me.

Lorenzo_H
05-10-2007, 21:58
hmmmm....i'll be in but give me the most inactive role.

Lord Winter
05-11-2007, 06:08
I'll give it a try

Warluster
05-11-2007, 11:07
In!

CountArach
05-12-2007, 11:02
hmmmm....i'll be in but give me the most inactive role.
Dead?

Andres
05-13-2007, 11:23
So sorry Orb, but I won't join this one. Since we are leaving for a Holiday at the beginning of June, I'm afraid I won't be able to participate in this one until it ends and I'd hate to suicide in the middle of the game.

Good luck though :2thumbsup:

Orb
05-13-2007, 12:04
This is going to begin on Friday, by then I'll have a comprehensive rules and everyone's role decided on.

Killfr3nzy
05-14-2007, 08:48
Add meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Please.

Orb
05-14-2007, 17:09
OK, you're in.

RoadKill
05-14-2007, 22:22
Is this going to start soon or what?

Andres
05-14-2007, 22:56
This is going to begin on Friday, by then I'll have a comprehensive rules and everyone's role decided on.

~:rolleyes:

Stig
05-14-2007, 22:57
That's €250,- btw

Twilightblade
05-15-2007, 00:20
The Suspense is killing me:wall:

Killfr3nzy
05-15-2007, 08:43
At least I'm not killing you this time TB. ;p

Twilightblade
05-15-2007, 08:48
True :bow: but who knows what this game will bring

RoadKill
05-15-2007, 21:01
are u guys talking about Battle Royal

pevergreen
05-15-2007, 23:37
Bump.

roles please Orb.

Andres
05-15-2007, 23:39
Ahem (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1542018&postcount=36)

:soapbox:

pevergreen
05-15-2007, 23:43
I thought it was last friday....

Seamus Fermanagh
05-16-2007, 00:16
Patience is a virtue.

Tran
05-16-2007, 10:59
And a wise demeanour. :bow:

Twilightblade
05-16-2007, 11:09
Pever you wouldnt have time this week anyway

Orb
05-16-2007, 17:56
I don't have time to start running it 'til (this) Friday.

Patience is a virtue.

pevergreen
05-17-2007, 01:39
Ragequit! :laugh4:

:bow:

Orb
05-18-2007, 20:55
Sorry all, Sergio Leone film later, so you'll have to wait another day.

Orb
05-18-2007, 21:06
So, 21 of you

Stig
Pevergreen
Sasaki
Roadkill
Tran
Greater Khaan
Count Arach
Ignoramus
Sapi
Hughtower
Twilightblade
Warmaster Horus
Caius Flaminius
Redleg
Xdeathfire
Seamus Fermanagh
Pannonian
Lorenzo H
Destroyer of Hope
Warluster
Killfr3nzy

Total - 21

Rules to be formalised and roles to be handed out by midnight (Brit time) tomorrow

RoadKill
05-19-2007, 00:01
I live in Canada I dont know what Brit time is.

Csargo
05-19-2007, 00:05
I live in Canada I dont know what Brit time is.

5-6 hours from Central Standard time.

Tran
05-19-2007, 00:53
I thought Brit don't have time?

CountArach
05-19-2007, 05:11
What, you mean apart from GMT?

Tran
05-19-2007, 06:10
The silly Greenwhich...who's Brit here?

Slaughter: Sasaki Kojiro

Orb
05-19-2007, 11:25
So am I

Wog: Tran :laugh4:

just kidding :)

Orb
05-20-2007, 01:41
Sorry, this is taking longer than expected.

Tran
05-20-2007, 02:07
Ugghh...

**looking suspiciously at Orb**

Butcher: Orb :laugh2:

Orb
05-20-2007, 14:39
Both the Orgahs and spies have a number of the same techniques at their disposal.

Night actions:

Collect gold:
A mysterious vent in at the top of the highest tower of the citadel will produce 5 gold per night for any individual who goes to it. Unfortunately, this tower is a ridiculous distance from the sleeping quarters, and very difficult to climb, so you will need to take your entire night action to collect this gold. It will not save gold not collected, nor will it distribute it during the day.

Train with the dummies: Any individual may attempt to train alone with practise dummies for the night, if their weapons skill is under 5. This will increase their weapon skill by 1. This takes up your entire night action.

Train with another: An individual may train with any other individual. They may either each add +1 to their weapon skills, or each may learn a weapon proficiency from the other. This takes up the entire night action.

Attempt to kill with a weapon: an individual may attempt to kill any other individual using a weapon. This is worked out as standard combat, and the loser is killed. This takes up the entire night.

Assist a weapon kill: An individual may go to assist an attempted kill with a weapon. His skill negates an equal amount of skill in the protection attempts. This takes up the entire night.

Attempt a protection: Any individual may attempt to protect someone from kills. If anyone attempts to interact with a protected person at night, they will be stopped from doing so if their weapon skill (combined with that of their assistants) is higher than that of all combined protectors of that person (not including the defendants). Some interactions may not be stopped by protection. This takes up the entire night.

Buy an item: Any individual may buy an item from the automated machine in the armoury. This is a free action, and may be done in addition to another night action. The item may be used during the same night.

Orb
05-20-2007, 15:05
Day actions available to all:

Visit the bakery: Every morning you will be told whether the baker is prepared to allow you bread. If, for some reason, you are not given bread, your weapon skill will decrease by 1.

Vote: Typical mafia rules for this

Challenge: Every day you may challenge one other person.

RoadKill
05-20-2007, 15:31
Cool, so whens this gonna start

Orb
05-20-2007, 15:44
When I've got everything ready. I'm working on it, slowly but surely, but it's taking a while.

Stig
05-22-2007, 15:29
*kicks Orb*

start it, or is it already death?

Warmaster Horus
05-22-2007, 17:52
I think he said it would start tonight. In the KFM thread.

Warluster
05-24-2007, 10:16
I saw the info thread, and saw I was part of it, panicked cause I tought it'd started, come here and...

Twilightblade
05-24-2007, 10:16
Well it hasnt started yet
Hurry up Orb

pevergreen
05-24-2007, 10:25
lol PM's are going out. Some have.

Twilightblade
05-24-2007, 10:31
I was talking about the actual start of the game but your comment is noted

sapi
05-24-2007, 10:41
zomg pever got PMed - he must be mafia :grin2:

Orb
05-24-2007, 10:42
PMs are going out. Yesterday I was distracted a little by a big argument in the intellectual Somme backroom, so I wasn't going as quickly as I should have. It will be done today, or I will take a video of me, personally, eating a hat.

Heh. The first PMs were not all to Mafia. Once I've sent out all PMs, I'll give a 24 hours notice to the game's start so I can clarify whenever I've forgotten to enter a weapon skill value or something.

Tran
05-24-2007, 10:47
zomg pever got PMed - he must be mafia :grin2:
Ya! Prepare to be lynched, pever! :rolleyes:

It will be done today, or I will take a video of me, personally, eating a hat.
I guess the bolder sentence will be true! :grin:

pevergreen
05-24-2007, 10:50
today in which time zone? :laugh4:

Oh noes? Im mafia! LYNCH ME!!!

Orb
05-24-2007, 11:06
Ya! Prepare to be lynched, pever! :rolleyes:

I guess the bolder sentence will be true! :grin:

Well, I phoned Thornton's earlier, and they said they'd need at least a week's notice :sweatdrop:

Seamus Fermanagh
05-24-2007, 12:55
It begins at last? Hurrah! :yes:

Orb:

Would you be so kind as to re-post all of the play rules -- or at least confirm that all changes/modifications have been made to the "rules of play" post so that I may review?

Not complaining, but it has been a bit and I too was lost in the intellectual Ypres that is the Backroom.

Orb
05-24-2007, 12:56
Transcript of War and Peace Information thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=85815)

seireikhaan
05-24-2007, 16:24
So are we on day or night now?

Orb
05-24-2007, 16:28
It will begin with a night phase, when it begins (today, or you get a hat-eating video).

Edit: well, I won't go to sleep until I've initiated it, but those of you fiendish backroomers who have introduced me to Enfield sketches on youtube are just cruel.

House and Shark now. Then back to teh slavery.

Tran
05-25-2007, 07:55
Uhh...where's the video of you eating a hat, Orb? :rolleyes:

Orb
05-25-2007, 10:23
It's still today somewhere in China!

Edit: well, some -12 time zone.

Andres
05-25-2007, 10:26
It will be done today, or I will take a video of me, personally, eating a hat.

In Orbs' defense:

1) he didn't say he was going to post or link to the video of him, eating a hat;
2) he said he would take a video of himself, eating a head, but didn't mention when he would do so.

Orb
05-25-2007, 11:56
In Orbs' defense:

1) he didn't say he was going to post or link to the video of him, eating a hat;
2) he said he would take a video of himself, eating a head, but didn't mention when he would do so.

I love having the lawyer on my side :)

5 roles to go. Just a tad late.

Warmaster Horus
05-25-2007, 12:38
Mind that he could be against you for a good sum of money, eh Andres?

Orb
05-25-2007, 12:54
Mind that he could be against you for a good sum of money, eh Andres?

Don't frighten me like that :shock:

Tran
05-25-2007, 14:04
Andres' defense means nothing. Worse, you claimed that Andres is YOUR lawyer, that means you will have to PAY him a sum of money...why don't you just...plead guilty? :rolleyes:

Andres
05-25-2007, 14:33
I love having the lawyer on my side :)

Say that again when you get his bill :laugh4:

Orb
05-25-2007, 14:44
EEP!

Three roles to go.

Orb
05-25-2007, 15:36
Two to go. I'm off to do something else for a while.

Tran
05-25-2007, 15:39
What? Take a video of you eating a hat? :grin2:

Orb
05-25-2007, 17:47
All roles sent out.

Everyone except Tran who has been wogged for spamming the thread :P has 24 hours to ask about any rule clarifications, by PM, or here before the first night phase begins.

The information thread should contain all rules.

Oh, and for those interested, the rules and role pms currently total about 21 pages A4 in word. This doesn't include the spreadsheet I did to auto-calculate weaponry, which was quite complicated, and it also doesn't include my 3-4 notepad files which I used for preliminary working.

Tran
05-25-2007, 19:14
At last...:bow:

sapi
05-26-2007, 07:07
21 pages in word and a complicated spreadsheet?

You'd better come up with a better excuse for the delay than that! :grin2:

Warmaster Horus
05-26-2007, 09:23
Well, actually his "excuse", even though it isn't really one, is addiction.
He mentioned the Puzzle Quest thread, with the subsequent link to a demo.

And he did say something about the Backroom, and an argument there.
Did I get everything right?

Orb
05-26-2007, 11:33
Believe me, I have plenty of excuses :)

Tran
05-26-2007, 13:12
Yeah, sure. Now where's the video of you eati...

Gah! Nevermind... :bow:

Orb
05-26-2007, 13:14
You have seen the light :)

Twilightblade
05-27-2007, 05:05
According to my rather imprecise calculations it is the first night phase
Is this going to be shown in this thread or do we have to look in the infomation thread to see what happens?

Pannonian
05-27-2007, 08:20
According to my rather imprecise calculations it is the first night phase
Is this going to be shown in this thread or do we have to look in the infomation thread to see what happens?
Presumably the events are going to be posted both here and in the Summary thread, as always.

Orb
05-27-2007, 10:52
Well, this I just posted in the information thread, because I was too lazy to put it here.

Orb
05-27-2007, 20:55
Night 1 has a further 24 hour extension, so you have until 5:45 GMT tomorrow to send me an action.

Just decided on this, because activity's been a bit low, possibly because I didn't update this thread with the 'game begun' announcement.

Anyone who does not take an action will be assumed to be collecting gold from the vein.

Twilightblade
05-28-2007, 11:11
So theres a vein of gold? I did not see this in the rules or background info, unless its been updated since I last looked

Warmaster Horus
05-28-2007, 13:17
*Cough*

Collect gold:
A mysterious vent in at the top of the highest tower of the citadel will produce 5 gold per night for any individual who goes to it. Unfortunately, this tower is a ridiculous distance from the sleeping quarters, and very difficult to climb, so you will need to take your entire night action to collect this gold. It will not save gold not collected, nor will it distribute it during the day.

There it is.

Orb
05-28-2007, 21:07
Night 1 orders being processed now. Disappointing attendance

Seamus Fermanagh
05-29-2007, 01:03
It's the first of the family summer holidays here in the USA, so with lots of folk traveling on the long weekend.....

seireikhaan
05-29-2007, 13:47
FoS: Everyone, for lurking.:inquisitive:

Orb
05-29-2007, 14:08
The first kills ain't been posted yet (will come through some time today, I'm a tad busier than I'd like to be), so noone's going to be bandying votes around.

Question: If you send a PM to multiple recipients, does each know who else the PM was sent to?

Warmaster Horus
05-29-2007, 21:26
I don't think so...

Orb
05-29-2007, 22:06
Sorry, the game's going to be delayed until Saturday evening. Going to Wales with my girlfriend.

seireikhaan
05-29-2007, 22:29
:furious3: :thumbsdown:

Stig
05-29-2007, 23:06
I'd say it's pretty dead by then

pevergreen
05-29-2007, 23:22
it sounds good though.

Twilightblade
05-30-2007, 05:33
Gives me time to do my assignment

Seamus Fermanagh
05-30-2007, 14:11
Sorry, the game's going to be delayed until Saturday evening. Going to Wales with my girlfriend.

"For Wales, [Orb]?"

-- Sir Thomas Moore

TevashSzat
05-31-2007, 01:37
Just to let you know, the end of the school year is a bit hectic and I won't be that active if at all until after June 15th

Orb
05-31-2007, 10:04
Update, I actually can't go. :(

Anyhow, sending out the rest of the pms now.

Orb
05-31-2007, 11:31
Everyone should have received a PM, if you didn't, PM me.

Orb
05-31-2007, 11:55
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams,
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams,
When every man is torn apart
By nightmares and by dreams,
Will noone lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams?

List of players. Red were night killed.

Stig
Pevergreen
Sasaki
Roadkill
Tran
Greater Khaan
Count Arach
Ignoramus
Sapi
Hughtower
Twilightblade
Warmaster Horus
Caius Flaminius
Redleg
Xdeathfire
Seamus Fermanagh
Pannonian
Lorenzo H
Destroyer of Hope
Warluster
Killfr3nzy

Total - 20 alive. 1 night killed.

The icy, dismal morning is the first of death, and the body of Redleg lies at the doors of the armoury. 'Gentlemen?' The voice of Beirut the Wise sounded at the assembly. 'Redleg has been foully and cruelly slain. The Khan can't have been lying. We need to find these traitors and put an end to them. Select one from among you to be lynched. Now, something else we need to decide on: I have a plan to turn two of the Khan's champions against each other. We give them both backroom access. Or do you think it's a better idea to more conventionally attempt to take him out with a crossbow? Or would you prefer that we don't attempt anything? Anyway, get voting!'

Day 1 begins. 1 man to be lynched. Day ends at midday Saturday, man with most votes lynched.

Also, you must decide which of Beirut's plans to cause strife amongst the horde to endorse. Each will have an impact:

1) Give two champions backroom access
2) Attempt to take one out with a crossbow
3) Do not attempt anything.

Select by either Backroom, Crossbow or Nothing
Keep a tally of this in this way

Backroom X (Y, Z, S, K)
Crossbow X (D, W, E, R)
Nothing X (Q, T, I, U)

Warmaster Horus
05-31-2007, 12:14
No write-up? Or was the poem it? Anyone knows King Crimson? I've no time to check it. I'll do it in 4-5 hours, if anyone else think it might be important.

Also, I propose to cause strife between the horde:
Backroom: 1 (WH)

Many of us (Orb in particular, recently) know the danger of the Backroom... Inflict it on the Horde, I say!

Stig
05-31-2007, 12:21
Vote: Sasaki .... heh I believe Ichigo isn't playing so someone has to do it

Also I don't understand that second part

And I must say, only 1 kill?

Tran
05-31-2007, 12:47
Not sure who to vote, but I do know that Backroom will at least give hell to the Mongols...

Backroom: 2 (Warmaster Horus, Tran)

Orb
05-31-2007, 14:32
Write-ups given to the killer and the killed. I feared that one would give too much information as to whether the killer was a vigilante townie or spy.

The lyrics were largely a 'for the hell of it'/fleshing out the post addition, so it gets more noticed.

Caius
05-31-2007, 15:12
Vote:Abstain

Try #1 to get more discusion

Warmaster Horus
05-31-2007, 18:08
Write-ups given to the killer and the killed. I feared that one would give too much information as to whether the killer was a vigilante townie or spy.

The lyrics were largely a 'for the hell of it'/fleshing out the post addition, so it gets more noticed.

So, what would stop Redleg from posting it? Or sending it to someone trustworthy?
And, must I understand the lyrics are no clue whatsoever? If that's the case, dang.
I checked, King Crimson is a progressive rock/ jazz rock/ proto progressive metal group. Dates: 1969–1974, 1981–1984, 1994–present. Of course, it seems useless now.

Seamus Fermanagh
05-31-2007, 20:41
A Gameroom "fixture" convinced me that wagons are the way to roll in the early rounds for the town to win. In that spirit:

Vote: Sasaki

Tally:
Sasaki = 2 (Seamus, Stig)
Abstain = 1 (Caius) ... here we go again :smartass:

Choose: Backroom

Tally:
Backroom = 3 (Seamus, Tran, War-H)

Stig
05-31-2007, 20:49
lol Seamus, you're taking my vote seriously?

On a more serious note tho, Sasaki will mostlikely be WoG'ed, seeing that he can't post as he has no internet (so he claims).

And I'll join with that backroom thing

Choose: Backroom

Seamus Fermanagh
05-31-2007, 20:52
Add your tally sir!

Sasaki is off-line? I may have to withdraw my vote then. I was having a little ironic fun since Sasaki was the "fixture" who's the lead advocate for that strategy.

I'll check back tomorrow if not sooner.

Stig
05-31-2007, 20:54
Sasaki is off-line?
He posted in KungFu Mafia that he had no internet, so I doubt he will be active ... but then, he's only one of many

Warmaster Horus
05-31-2007, 21:20
Lynching Sasaki while he has no means to defend himself seems ... cruel, for an exagerated term.
Actually, lynching anybody in that case is cruel.

pevergreen
06-01-2007, 00:38
I think the choosing is a trick question, Im going to choose do nothing.
no vote its first day phase

Backroom = 4 (Seamus, Tran, War-H, stig)
Nothing = 1 (pevergreen)

CountArach
06-01-2007, 03:40
Select: Backroom

Vote: Caius Flaminius - Voting for no lynch will not help us.

Backroom = 5 (Seamus, Tran, War-H, stig, CountArach)
Nothing = 1 (pevergreen)

Caius = 1 (CountArach)
Abstain = 1 (Caius)

Twilightblade
06-01-2007, 10:10
I agree with CA Vote: Caius
Also this will keep the votes even for the moment

Nothing = 1 (pevergreen)

Caius = 2 (CountArach,TB)
Abstain = 1 (Caius

Warluster
06-01-2007, 11:20
Didn't realise this had started,sorry.

Why would we want to choose backroom? The Spies/mafia can still kill,even if they hate eachother.

Wouldn't it be btter to take them out,then they can't kill!

I have no suspicions so far.

And just a little inquiry about Sasaki having no internet, how can he post on the internet when he has no internet?

Orb
06-01-2007, 11:38
So, what would stop Redleg from posting it? Or sending it to someone trustworthy?
The rules. Can't PM game-related material when dead.

And, must I understand the lyrics are no clue whatsoever? If that's the case, dang.
Yep.

I checked, King Crimson is a progressive rock/ jazz rock/ proto progressive metal group. Dates: 1969–1974, 1981–1984, 1994–present. Of course, it seems useless now.
Yep.

Warmaster Horus
06-01-2007, 11:55
Thanks Orb. I guess.
Warluster, SK can post from work, I think.

Caius
06-01-2007, 17:33
FoS:CA and Twilight.

How can you vote someone if the game just started?

Also,

Unvote:Abstain
Vote:TwlightBlade

Bandwagoning without a own reason.
EDIT:Also, he wrote wrong my name.:inquisitive:

Vote:Nothing

Nothing = 2 (pevergreen, Caius)

Caius = 2 (CountArach,TB)
TwilightBlade= 1 (Caius)

Seamus Fermanagh
06-01-2007, 18:59
By that logic, no one would ever vote for anybody since no one would want to vote early in the game, no pressure on anyone would build, and this "logic" would repeat itself while the mafia snickered. Bandwagons are the ONLY useful tool in the early game (aside from a mafia mistake).

Unvote: Sasaki -- if he can't interact, a pressure wagon is useless.

Vote: Caius

Defend yourself sir. My vote is changeable if your tone suggests you are worth saving.

Tally:
Sasaki = 1 (Stig)
Caius = 3 (Arach, Seamus,T'Blade)
TwilightBlade= 1 (Caius)

Choice:
Nothing = 2 (pevergreen, Caius)

seireikhaan
06-01-2007, 19:47
Vote: Sapi.

Came to me role-fishing, while, in his odd sort of way, claiming that he may have a pro town role. Gave me no other reason as to trust him. Seems to me like a mafia tactic to find out who the role players are. Sapi, if you've got a pro town role, reveal it. The town can band together to protect you from the mafia. Otherwise, you're scum who needs to be lynched.

Also, I vote to do nothing in regards to the Mongol Champions. I've got this fear that sending them into the backroom will somehow end up backfiring rather badly. And I don't think we'll be able to kill one, considering that this is a Mongol Champion we're talking about.

Tallies:

Caius- 3(CountArach, Seamus, Twilightblade)
Sasaki- 1(Stig)
TwilightBlade- 1(Caius)
Sapi- 1(Greaterkhaan)

Backroom- 5(Seamus, Tran, Warmaster, Stig, CountArach)
Nothing- 3(Pevergreen, Caius, Greaterkhaan)

Tran
06-02-2007, 01:57
Vote: Sapi.

Came to me role-fishing, while, in his odd sort of way, claiming that he may have a pro town role. Gave me no other reason as to trust him. Seems to me like a mafia tactic to find out who the role players are. Sapi, if you've got a pro town role, reveal it. The town can band together to protect you from the mafia. Otherwise, you're scum who needs to be lynched.

Also, I vote to do nothing in regards to the Mongol Champions. I've got this fear that sending them into the backroom will somehow end up backfiring rather badly. And I don't think we'll be able to kill one, considering that this is a Mongol Champion we're talking about.

Tallies:

Sasaki- 1(Stig)
TwilightBlade- 1(Caius)
Sapi- 1(Greaterkhaan)

In my (PM) conversation with him, sapi also showed suspicious behaviour. Either he's the Mongol spy or just some other bad guys role...

Vote: sapi

Tallies:

Sasaki- 1(Stig)
TwilightBlade- 1(Caius)
Sapi- 2(Greaterkhaan, Tran)

Anyway, I'd like someone, preferably Seamus, to explain about our possibility/chance of success of using the backroom tactic...I just want to hear your voice on this ~;)

sapi
06-02-2007, 04:30
I am not a bad guy :grin2:

gk is correct, however, in saying that I do need to reveal to have a chance of survival, now that he has unwittingly placed me in danger :wall:

I do have a pro-town role, and my PM exchange with gk (and others, sometimes through other means) was part of an attempt to find allies and the like.

To paraphrase my role (I cannot state it in full as to do so would be to put in danger my partner), I am a representative of the Mamluks, and am tasked to defend the townies, and in particular those with pro-town roles (some of whose identities I know, but will not reveal here).

I'm quite skilled with weapons (by my reckoning at worst the second best in the town), and would be a good choice to have around when the Mongol Champion arrives, seeing as my role is pretty much comprimsed already.

Tran's conversation with me was suspicious, hence me avoiding his questions; but seeing as I've been put in a bad position for the same thing, I'm not going to retaliate with my vote just now.

Vote: Abstain
Vote: Backroom << (trust me; I've been there - the spies will be dead in minutes ~:))

Tallies:

Sasaki- 1(Stig)
TwilightBlade- 1(Caius)
sapi- 2(Greaterkhaan, Tran)

Backroom- 6(Seamus, Tran, Warmaster, Stig, CountArach, sapi)

seireikhaan
06-02-2007, 05:35
Unvote: Sapi. Sorry, but you came across extremely suspicious in that PM. I'll wait a little longer before recasting my vote.

seireikhaan
06-02-2007, 05:58
Did anyone do a protection last night? I'm wondering why there was only one kill. I can't imagine that there's only one mongol spy. If not, perhaps one of the mafia forgot to send in the PM?

Also, I forgot the tally from my last post.

Sasaki- 1(Stig)
TwilightBlade- 1(Caius)
sapi- 1(Tran)

Warluster
06-02-2007, 07:17
Oh,btw, Choose:Nothing

Nothing- 4(Pevergreen, Caius, Greaterkhaan,Warluster)

Tran
06-02-2007, 08:47
All right and apology :bow: I decided to trust sapi then, I will now just cast my vote to lurker / non-active player...Let's see...

Unvote: sapi
Vote: Xdeathfire

Hiding to save your skin? That doesn't work here!

Sasaki- 1(Stig)
TwilightBlade- 1(Caius)
Xdeathfire- 1(Tran)

Twilightblade
06-02-2007, 09:42
I don't think that 2 votes is a bandwagon just a pressure vote
And seeing as your so sensitive about your name i fixed it
oh and I think that after reading the thread Unvote: Caius

Caius- 2(CountArach, Seamus)
Sasaki- 1(Stig)
TwilightBlade- 1(Caius)
Xdeathfire- 1(Tran)

RoadKill
06-02-2007, 16:22
Vote:Crossbow

Orb
06-02-2007, 18:19
Given that the amount of discussion has not been particularly large, the voting deadline will stay open until about midday tomorrow (GMT)

Stig
06-02-2007, 21:44
Given that the amount of discussion has not been particularly large, the voting deadline will stay open until about midday tomorrow (GMT)
If I were host I would try to keep it alive myself if it seems to die. I'd simply make it quicker and really keep updating.
Of the last couple of mini mafia's mine was the only one that didn't die. Even if there is no input, make sure that those who give input keep paying attention.

Caius
06-02-2007, 22:49
Unvote:TB

Defend yourself sir. My vote is changeable if your tone suggests you are worth saving.

Are townies worth saving?If you think yes, then change your vote, because I think the mafia is hiding here.
Abstain is, I admit, no good, but how can I vote the spies without getting discution going?

I want to hear RoadKill opinion, since he said nothing, he just voted and nothing more.

Tran
06-03-2007, 00:15
Here's my thought so far:

There's only 1 kill in the first night, which mean:
- The rest of the Mongol spies didn't active at that time and fail to send their orders
- Together they attempt to eliminate one target to increase such possibility

I believe the first possibility was more likely to happened...

RoadKill
06-03-2007, 00:25
I didn't discuss much becuase first of all, I had to quickly vote, becuase theres a huge festival at my town today, and I'm speniding most of my time there, but right now no ones catching my attention, to who is the mafia.

CountArach
06-03-2007, 05:17
There's only 1 kill in the first night, which mean:
- The rest of the Mongol spies didn't active at that time and fail to send their orders
- Together they attempt to eliminate one target to increase such possibility

I believe the first possibility was more likely to happened...
Yeah, this does sound about right. With the low activity levels, the first option does sound about right.

However, we shouldn't rule out the possibility that one of them is still amongst the active people.

Orb
06-03-2007, 12:31
The day is concluded. Write-up to follow.

Redleg
06-03-2007, 12:35
Why has some of the lurkers in this game posted in other threads but have yet to vote or discuss in this game?

look to the lurkers - one who is normally active in the games yet is not posting in this one,.

Orb
06-03-2007, 12:46
Caius, after the vote determined his guilt, was dragged by the remaining townies to an enclosed courtyard.

'Caius, do you have anything to say in your own defence?'
'In fact, yes I do!'
'Well, it's dusk and we have no more time to hear it. Goodbye. Please leave, good Orgahs.'
He turned to see the mailed body of Hughtower on the ground. Blood poured from his neck. 'Not another!'
Beirut shook his head and decapitated Caius with his axe. 'Sleep well. Anyone I catch out and about tonight will be deaf from being shouted at in the morning.'
But he knew his words wouldn't stop the Orgahs from doing something.

Players
Stig
Pevergreen
Sasaki
Roadkill
Tran
Greater Khaan
Count Arach
Ignoramus
Sapi
Hughtower
Twilightblade
Warmaster Horus
Caius Flaminius
Redleg
Xdeathfire
Seamus Fermanagh
Pannonian
Lorenzo H
Destroyer of Hope
Warluster
Killfr3nzy

Red is weapon killed. Blue is lynched. Deadline for PMs is by 6.00 PM on Tuesday.
Red is weapon killed. Blue is lynched. Deadline for PMs is by 6.00 PM on Tuesday.

Seamus Fermanagh
06-03-2007, 17:21
Why has some of the lurkers in this game posted in other threads but have yet to vote or discuss in this game?

look to the lurkers - one who is normally active in the games yet is not posting in this one,.

For your information (bolding added by me):

User Name, Posts
Orb 39
Tran 16
Warmaster Horus 11
Twilightblade 11
Stig 9
pevergreen 9
Seamus Fermanagh 8
RoadKill 8
greaterkhaan 7
CountArach 5
Andres 5
Warluster 4
Caius Flaminius 4
sapi 4
Redleg 2
Pannonian 2
Killfr3nzy 2
Xdeathfire 2
Ichigo 1
Ignoramus 1
HughTower 1
Lorenzo_H 1
Sasaki Kojiro 1
Destroyer of Hope 1

Of those bolded, Sasaki has claimed technical difficulties. The others are well below their normal posts-per-page rate in a mafia game (Andres and Sapi only somewhat, the others decidedly). A number of the 1-posts are, no doubt, wog bait -- or whatver narrative ending Orb has in store.

Warmaster Horus
06-03-2007, 18:57
May I ask, how/when will we know of the results of the second vote? The one about the Backroom/Crossbow/Nothing vote.

Orb
06-03-2007, 19:52
Next game day.

pevergreen
06-04-2007, 01:05
Wow, my posting is very low. But look at Ichigo. He is normally first or second, i am normally around 5th. Ichigo, a reason for your inactivity next day phase please?

Stig
06-04-2007, 09:09
He doesn't play ~D

Warluster
06-04-2007, 09:49
He odesn't play what?

SO HughTower was killed? Or lynched? Was HughTower killed uring the day?

Warmaster Horus
06-04-2007, 11:49
Ichigo isn't playing this game. Hughtower seems to have been weapon killed this day. Although why is a good question.

pevergreen
06-05-2007, 02:17
And by who is another good question.

Twilightblade
06-05-2007, 02:23
By who is always a question

Stig
06-05-2007, 18:13
bump?

Warmaster Horus
06-05-2007, 19:03
The end of night is nigh?

Stig
06-05-2007, 19:12
The end of night is nigh?
For quite some days now I think

Orb
06-05-2007, 20:08
Deadlines six PM Tuesday.
It is now 8.07 PM Tuesday.

So I'm processing

Orb
06-05-2007, 21:54
All PMs sent. If you didn't get one, and aren't dead, please complain. If I screwed something up, also please complain.
Write up being done.

Orb
06-05-2007, 22:09
The ancient pulse of germ and birth
Was shrunken hard and dry,
And every spirit upon earth
Seemed fervourless as I.

The morning came as always, after a surprisingly hot night. At dawn, a group of horse archers ringed the walls, and launched arrows at the sleeping quarters. Lorenzo H was struck in the throat and killed by one such arrow, but apart from that, noone died this night.

In the early morning, Beirut, standing on the walls with a telescope, greeted the townies. 'The Khan hasn't made peace with us yet, so we obviously haven't lynched all the spies. However, thinking more positively:'

He turned the telescope to show the red eyes, angry expressions and furious thinking of two Mongol Champions. Each had obviously lost some sleep while finding suitably witty, sarcastic and biting retorts for the backroom.

Result: Champions 1 and 3 suffer -1 Skill.

'Today, gentlemen, we have a more serious matter to attend to. Using my ninja-lumberjack skills, I caught this man, who claims to be an Assassin. He has offered to show us one secret of their order if he is allowed to live.

Currently he has claimed to know how to unlock the armoury for free use, find the legendary green honey of the assassins, which supposedly can be used to train the mind, and also to double the output of the vent in the tower. Your choice, gentlemen.'

Place one choice from:
Execute to execute the slippery Assassin
Armoury to coerce him into unlocking the armoury
Honey to convince him to show where the jars of green honey are
Vent to ask him to double the income of the vent.

'I remind you of the value of testing your skills against each other. Challenges will be taking place in the square at dusk should they be issued.' Beirut stalked off, leaving the townies to make up their minds. The Damascened dagger is no longer in the armoury.

Stig
Pevergreen
Sasaki
Roadkill
Tran
Greater Khaan
Count Arach
Ignoramus
Sapi
Hughtower
Twilightblade
Warmaster Horus
Caius Flaminius
Redleg
Xdeathfire
Seamus Fermanagh
Pannonian
Lorenzo H
Destroyer of Hope
Warluster
Killfr3nzy

Red is weapon killed. Blue is lynched. Green is Wogged.

Twilightblade
06-05-2007, 23:38
Hard decisions
Ok Challenge:Killfr3nzy
and Choose: Vent

pevergreen
06-05-2007, 23:41
The mafia seem to have trouble killing people.

A dagger has gone missing....

Which option to choose. The mind strenghing honey sounds like the worst, but i think it may give us a group of people, one of who is mafia.

Armoury seems like the worst choice to me, he'll probably unlock something else and run.

Execute, Honey or Vent?

Twilightblade
06-05-2007, 23:45
Hence why I chose vent
Oh...and I decided my challenge was hastey so Unchallenge but I may rechallenge later

Tran
06-06-2007, 00:02
The mafia seem to have trouble killing people.
I'm still inclined to believe the mafia failed to send their orders and in-active...guys, look, among those inactive ppl only 1 being WOGGED...isn't that suspicious? I shall cast my vote on the in-active, I truly believe at least one of them is the evil Mongol spy...

Looking at Seamus' post of activity...

Vote: HughTower
Choose: Armoury

Give the assassin a chance, if we attempt to execute him, it may backfire pretty bad...

Tally:
Hughtower - 1 (Tran)

Armoury - 1 (Tran)

RoadKill
06-06-2007, 03:16
Tran it can all be a trick, but right now for some random reason you sound suspicious to me.Vote:Tran
Vote:Execute

Tran
06-06-2007, 03:19
Tran it can all be a trick, but right now for some random reason you sound suspicious to me.Vote:Tran
Random reason? :inquisitive:

seireikhaan
06-06-2007, 04:03
Vote: Redleg. You've been lurking the entire game, yet you point out people who've been lurking. Ironic, no?

Vote: Honey. Unlocking the armory simply seems too good to be true, which means that it probably is. And the vent doesn't seem like that good of an option to me.

CountArach
06-06-2007, 05:04
Venting will help the majority of people.

Select: Vent

pevergreen
06-06-2007, 07:43
I've got reports of different types of gold.... Anyone else know about two different types of gold? For that reason, I am against the vent. I am having thoughts the assassin might do something bad with the execution so Select: Honey

sapi
06-06-2007, 08:41
Select: Execute

All the others will help the mafia as much as they help us.

Stig
06-06-2007, 08:49
Both Redleg and Hugh are dead as it seems

FoS Tran and Khaan

Vote: Tran, he was first to do this

Twilightblade
06-07-2007, 00:57
Tally

Tran-2(roadkill, stig)

Execute-2(sapi, roadkill)
Honey-2(pever, GK)
Vent-2(CA, TB)
Armoury-1(tran)

TevashSzat
06-07-2007, 03:05
Sory about my inactiveness guys, but like I have posted in here before (I think) im a bit busy at school and will be more active (hopefully) in about a week

Seamus Fermanagh
06-07-2007, 03:44
As Sasaki has taught us, a bandwagon and not mere pressure voting is the surest means available to us to get a read on someone. I would, normally, vote Tran at this point. I will refrain because the initial vote was weakly promulgated. Tran, a vivid defense would still be nice.

Vote: Abstain

Tally:Tran-2 (roadkill, stig)
Abstain - 1 (seamus)

As to the 4 choices, I wouldn't try to over-think things. Orb is not going to play "gotcha" and punish us for a wrong choice. He is providing different routes which have inherent weaknesses and stregths.

1. Gold Vein: Always useful, speeds up item acquisition, but while helping us prepare to meet the champions (and possibly our individual acquisition goals), it does not change the basic "matrix" for finding the spies.

2. Honey: some form of mental enhancement -- increased information. Helps with the spy hunt, but does very little to prepare for the champions.

3. Armory: Direct access to cool weapons and armors, obviously helpful in fighting the champions -- but also allows the "bad'uns" access to advanced weaponry -- possibly enabling them to day-klll more readily by issuing challenges to "train up" for the champions.

4. Execute: One bad guy gone, direct value but no other info/advantage.

Choose: Honey -- I always crave information in games such as these.

Tally:Execute-2 (sapi, roadkill)
Honey-3 (GK, pever, Seamus)
Vent-2 (CA, TB)
Armoury-1 (tran)

seireikhaan
06-07-2007, 04:10
My bad, obviously I wasn't paying good enough attention to the thread. Sorry for being a scatterbrain, Stig.

seireikhaan
06-07-2007, 04:20
Vote: Ignoramus. Something of a random vote, but he hasn't been posting much, and the mafia has been missing there kills, it seems. And folks, don't lynch Tran. You're reasons for lynching him are pretty awful anyways.

Tally:

Tran 2-(Stig,Roadkill)
Ignoramus 1-(Greaterkhaan)
Abstain 1-(Seamus)

Tran
06-07-2007, 10:39
... I would, normally, vote Tran at this point. I will refrain because the initial vote was weakly promulgated. Tran, a vivid defense would still be nice...
What defense, Seamus? What in the hell are you and Stig talking about...? All these votes against me are just appear more like random vote and bandwagon...

Also, Stig, would you like to explain more why you vote? What "first to do this"?

I've stated why we should lynch in-active people...now I'd like to hear from you why you should lynch me?

Stig
06-07-2007, 10:49
Also, Stig, would you like to explain more why you vote? What "first to do this"?
Both of you voted for someone who's dead. That's either because you aren't paying attention or because you're mafia and thinking: "well abstaining is to obvious and Caius got lynched for that, so I'll just do a random vote." And you got caught with it. Now I'm going for the last one.

Since you were first to do it I voted you.

Voting inactive people, OK. Voting dead people, not OK.

Tran
06-07-2007, 10:58
HughTower is dead, that's right...nobody remind me. In that case, I step back and apologize...:shame:

Unvote:HughTower

Tran

Seamus Fermanagh
06-07-2007, 14:16
What defense, Seamus? What in the hell are you and Stig talking about...? All these votes against me are just appear more like random vote and bandwagon...

I've stated why we should lynch in-active people...now I'd like to hear from you why you should lynch me?

Thanks for the response.

I actually like the stridency here. Having been a mafioso a time or two, I know you tend to "double think" such posts wondering if they are too much and will make you stand out.

BTW, it is generating responses that such votes are all about.

Following GK's lead, I'll now:

unVOTE: Abstain; new VOTE: Ignoramus.

Tally:
Tran 2 - (Stig, Roadkill)
Ignoramus 2 - (Greaterkhaan, Seamus)

Iggy, you are usually far more active than this if you are playing at all. What say you?

Warmaster Horus
06-07-2007, 16:38
Choose: Honey

Meh, I'm more the information kind of guy.

Tally:Execute-2 (sapi, roadkill)
Honey-4 (GK, pever, Seamus, WH)
Vent-2 (CA, TB)
Armoury-1 (tran)

And, I don't think Ignoramus should be lynched. He voted in the first round, and then didn't say anything I believe. That, for me, means more inactivity due to something coming up or just forgetfulness, rather than mafia acting. But I don't know much, having rarely played with him.

Orb
06-07-2007, 16:44
Round will end sometime tomorrow evening, when I'm back from exams.

Person with the most votes then gets executed.

Twilightblade
06-08-2007, 04:53
All that money going to waste...but I see the advantage in infomation
Unchoose: vent Choose: Honey
Tally
Execute-2 (sapi, roadkill)
Honey-5 (GK, pever, Seamus, WH,TB)
Vent-1 (CA)
Armoury-1 (tran)

sapi
06-08-2007, 11:24
Vote: Ignoramus

Three votes makes pressure.

Tran 2 - (Stig, Roadkill)
Ignoramus 3 - (Greaterkhaan, Seamus, sapi)

Warmaster Horus
06-08-2007, 11:51
Right, I'm not sure this is allowed, but if any of you noticed this in Omanes' Miniture Mafia, Ignoramus rarely participates. Why would he participate in OMM and not in CoA?
I think we're making a mistake. Let him be wogged. That's the sensible solution I think.

sapi
06-08-2007, 11:53
And in the mean time, who do we remove instead?

I'm happy to change my vote, if you can convince me that someone else is a better choice...

Stig
06-08-2007, 12:07
Sapi, now where did you come from?

Saving your buddy Tran?

sapi
06-08-2007, 13:11
Because clearly you weren't asking for greater participation earlier...

Orb
06-08-2007, 17:58
I might have to close this round tomorrow instead.

Too damn exhausted at the moment.

Ignoramus
06-08-2007, 23:06
Vote: Tran

CountArach
06-08-2007, 23:57
Vote: Ignoramus

a waste of a post.

Tran
06-09-2007, 01:11
Vote: Tran
Haven't contribute anything and then suddenly emerge out of nowhere?

Unvote, Vote: Ignoramus

Tally:

Ignoramus 5 - (Greaterkhaan, Seamus, sapi, CountArach, Tran)
Tran 3 - (Stig, Roadkill, Ignoramus)

Execute-2 (sapi, roadkill)
Honey-5 (GK, pevergreen, Seamus, Warmaster Horus,Twilightblade)
Vent-1 (CountArach)
Armoury-1 (Tran)

Orb
06-09-2007, 22:45
Beirut sadly turns his head to the darkening sky,
'Well gentlemen, it appears that you have chosen to lynch Ignoramus. Ig, how do you plead?'
'Not guilty.'
'Orgahs, please avert your eyes.'

Ignoramus sat down and calmly waited for the axe to strike. But Beirut wasn't even paying attention to it. Behind the soon-to-be-executed man was the body of Count Arach. A bloody dagger lay in his hand, and his aketon was sliced open. His head lay on the floor a few feet to the side. Amazingly enough, noone had seen what happened. Beirut looked at Ignoramus, still waiting for the axe. He swung the axe, and walked away, leaving the body unburied in the middle of the citadel.

Beirut unlocked the Assassin's cage, 'Tell us where this honey is.'
'In the gardens, the well is filled with it.'
'Come with me.'
The lumberjack and the Assassin went to the well in the beautiful, elaborate gardens of the citadel, and the latter drew a bucket of some viscous greenish liquid from it.
'I see, and this is the honey that supposedly is a gate to paradise.'
'Yes.'
'Drink it.'
'What?'
'Drink it.'
The assassin placed his hand in the bucket and lifted it to his lips again, covered in the thick green honey. He tasted it, and after a few seconds he was obviously losing his senses. He thrashed around wildly, not caring for the pain of hitting an object. Beirut lifted him off the ground, 'I thought you said it helped the mind focus.'
'It brings heaven. It brings paradise. But paradise doesn't last, and once this well runs out, you will be prepared to do anything to get the ingredients, to get another fix...'
Beirut asked, 'How many is there honey for?'
'Nine people.'
'Alright. Anyone who's prepared to take the risk can try this tonight. I don't know what the side effects will be, and I am guarding it myself to prevent anyone from poisoning it.'
The assassin, suddenly lucid, slips out of Beirut's grip and runs towards the wall, climbing up loose stones. He makes it over, and a distinctive pair of thuds are heard from the other side of the wall.

New action (full night action - Drink green honey (12 left), unknown side effects)

Orgah List:
Stig
Pevergreen
Sasaki
Roadkill
Tran
Greater Khaan
Count Arach
Ignoramus
Sapi
Hughtower
Twilightblade
Warmaster Horus
Caius Flaminius
Redleg
Xdeathfire
Seamus Fermanagh
Pannonian
Lorenzo H
Destroyer of Hope
Warluster
Killfr3nzy

Red is weapon killed. Blue is lynched. Green is Wogged.

Night concludes at 6.00 PM Tuesday.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-11-2007, 21:57
oh wow, this game.

CountArach
06-12-2007, 11:46
lol, I just realised that I'm dead.

Orb
06-12-2007, 19:20
Phase extended eighteen hours. Cramming revision for exam tomorrow.

Twilightblade
06-13-2007, 10:34
Ahhhh...Exams, don't you just love to hate them

TevashSzat
06-15-2007, 18:41
Hmm...I think that I may have to commit suicide here. I really don't want to read through everything already said before and the game looks pretty complicated so I don't think I will be able to get everything quickly so that being said

I will commit suicide

Orb
06-15-2007, 20:18
Sorry about the delay, everyone. I'm on it now.

Orb
06-15-2007, 21:24
As the dawn came, Destroyer of Hope was patrolling the walls. Unfortunately for him, a pair of Mongol archers were circling the citadel. Both arrows struck true, and he fell from the wall to his death. Killf3nzy was struck by lightning as he stood watch on the walls at night. Greaterkhaan broke down into vomiting at breakfast and eventually was declared dead, poisoned.

Beirut greeted the citizens as the dawn arrived, 'I am sad to announce the deaths of three of our brethren, but we must live for the present. Find the spies. Hang them. I need one of you to take on the Mongol champion. Select someone. Also, gents, I want you to decide among yourselves who this box should go to. I found it in the courtyard this morning. It's quite heavily locked and contains a good deal of paperwork. The new owner will need to figure out how to deal with that himself.'

If you didn't receive a PM, PM me to complain. There are eleven doses of honey left.

Stig
Pevergreen
Sasaki
Roadkill
Tran
Greater Khaan
Count Arach
Ignoramus
Sapi
Hughtower
Twilightblade
Warmaster Horus
Caius Flaminius
Redleg[color]
Xdeathfire
Seamus Fermanagh
Pannonian
[color=green]Lorenzo H[color]
[color=green]Destroyer of Hope
Warluster
Killfr3nzy

Red's killed. Blue's lynched. Green's wogged.

Select for the champion as follows:

Fight: Orb

Select for the box as follows:

Box: Beirut

Warmaster Horus
06-15-2007, 21:33
Right. Well, this is what we knew would arrive, uh? A fight with a Mongol Champion. Who here thinks he has the best chance of coming out alive? That is, who has a weapon mark of around ... 10? I don't.

As for the box... I would volunteer for it. I'm gonna be free in a week to work it. If anyone else doesn't want to do it, I will.

seireikhaan
06-16-2007, 02:32
~:mad Grrr, irritating. Who poisoned me?! Also, FoS on Warmaster Horus. Of course a Mongol Spy would want the box. That way he can mislead us about the information from it.

sapi
06-16-2007, 06:47
I'll take on the champion, if the town wills ~;)

pevergreen
06-16-2007, 06:52
I am not strong enough to fight the champion, but my skills do lay in other areas. I am good at things that dont require fighting.....

Warmaster Horus
06-16-2007, 08:38
That's a disguised way of saying "I want the box", right?

seireikhaan
06-16-2007, 09:07
Horus, I'm dead, in case you didn't notice.

Warmaster Horus
06-16-2007, 09:17
Eh, I was talking to pevergreen.

pevergreen
06-16-2007, 09:38
I believe i have a good chance of working well with it yes.

Tran
06-16-2007, 14:45
I have a training with sapi and I can say he's very good

Fight: Sapi

Warmaster Horus
06-16-2007, 14:51
I'll trust that.

Fight:sapi

Fight tally:
sapi:2 (me, Tran)

pevergreen
06-17-2007, 00:12
From the sounds of that, he's a whole lot better than me.
Fight: sapi

Fight Tally:
sap: 3 (warmaster, Tran, pevergreen)

Seamus Fermanagh
06-17-2007, 03:47

Box: Seamus

I'll let Sapi stand this time, though I'll willingly stand next.

I am also an info hound, so I would enjoy the box of paper.

Tran
06-17-2007, 07:16
Box: Seamus

I am also an info hound, so I would enjoy the box of paper.
Really? :whip:

Stig
06-17-2007, 09:06
Do we still have to vote for someone?

Box: Stig, I'd rather read it entirely myself than have others reading it out to me ... if you know what I mean

Warmaster Horus
06-17-2007, 09:56
Do we still have to vote for someone?

I guess so... Except, no one seems to have any idea who to lynch.

sapi
06-17-2007, 11:45
There hasn't been enough discussion going on ~:(

Stig
06-17-2007, 11:52
I guess so... Except, no one seems to have any idea who to lynch.
righto, I'll start it off then:
Stig
Pevergreen
Sasaki
Roadkill
Tran
Sapi
Twilightblade
Warmaster Horus
Xdeathfire
Seamus Fermanagh
Pannonian
Warluster

I'm innocent ... duh
And I don't know about the others
Seamus, Sapi, Tran, Roadkill, WM, Pever and myself seem to be the active ones.
Let Sapi fight that champion if he wants to.
Seamus? nah
Tran? hmmm
Roadkill? erhhh
WM? mmmm
Pever? tsss

Vote: Roadkill, because he's erhhh

Orb
06-17-2007, 12:59
Yes, a vote is needed.

Warmaster Horus
06-17-2007, 13:53
ANNOUNCEMENT: I will be gone from tonight (4GMT) until this friday evening. By gone, I mean without an internet connection.

seireikhaan
06-17-2007, 14:45
Lynch Pann, folks. He hasn't played at all, and yet he hasn't been wog'd. Why? Because he's mafia, that's why.

Warmaster Horus
06-17-2007, 14:54
Well, on a dead man's request, vote:Pannonian.
And, because we just need to get someone.

Tran
06-17-2007, 14:54
Lynch Pann, folks. He hasn't played at all, and yet he hasn't been wog'd. Why? Because he's mafia, that's why.
I believe you, it's time to put some real pressure.

Vote: Pannonian

Vote tally:
Pannonian - 2 (Tran, Warmaster Horus)
Roadkill - 1 (Stig)

Fight tally:
Sapi - 5 (Tran, Warmaster Horus, pevergreen, Seamus, Stig)

Box tally:
Seamus - 1 (Seamus)
Stig - 1 (Stig)

Warmaster Horus
06-17-2007, 14:55
Huh, coincidence...

Lynch Tally:
Pannonian - 2 (WH, Tran)
Roadkill - 1 (Stig)

Fight tally:

Box tally:
Seamus - 1 (Seamus)
Stig - 1 (Stig)

pevergreen
06-18-2007, 00:55
...?

Orb 50
Tran 24
Warmaster Horus 24
Twilightblade 17
pevergreen 17
Stig 17
greaterkhaan 13
Seamus Fermanagh 12
sapi 10
RoadKill 9
CountArach 8
Andres 5
Warluster 5
Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca 4
Xdeathfire 4
Redleg 2
Sasaki Kojiro 2
Pannonian 2
Ignoramus 2
Killfr3nzy 2
Destroyer of Hope 1
Lorenzo_H 1
HughTower 1
Ichigo 1

Right. 2 posts to Pann and no WoG. That is very suspicious.

Lets just say i have the best chance of opening the box...
Box: pevergreen

Lynch Tally:
Pannonian - 3 (pever, WH, Tran)
Roadkill - 1 (Stig)

Fight tally:

Box tally:
Seamus - 1 (Seamus)
Stig - 1 (Stig)
pevergreen - 1(pevergreen)

Seamus Fermanagh
06-18-2007, 01:39
I concur. I am well aware from back-rooming that Pan-man is NOT inactive these past weeks.

Orb
06-18-2007, 07:37
OK, if the box vote ceases to be a tie, then ends the day.

sapi
06-18-2007, 09:30
Vote: Pann

Fight: sapi

Box: seamus

Twilightblade
06-18-2007, 11:39
I would like to say that IF I had a weapon I could fight and I think I could work the box.
Fight:sapi not that he needs it
Box: twilightblade

Orb
06-18-2007, 11:50
Box goes to Seamus, Sapi fights and Pannonian is lynched. Write-up to follow.

TevashSzat
06-18-2007, 12:33
Hmm....why am I still alive??? I will say again Suicide:Xdeathfire

Seamus Fermanagh
06-18-2007, 18:07
Hmm....why am I still alive??? I will say again Suicide:Xdeathfire

Be nice. Orb always does such things during the write-ups, so give him a few. Sheesh.

Seamus Fermanagh
06-21-2007, 16:38
Bueller?

:huh2:

Stig
06-21-2007, 16:39
Declared dead?

Warmaster Horus
06-22-2007, 17:24
Geez, another one?

Tran
06-23-2007, 02:55
Doesn't look good...

Warmaster Horus
06-23-2007, 08:04
Apparently. Orb? You still here? What's the situation?

Stig
06-23-2007, 11:05
He still is, but this is dead. I'm starting my mafia monday if this doesn't get an update before that

Orb
06-24-2007, 21:00
Yep, this is dead.

Sorry to the people who (may have) wanted this to continue, and those who put in the effort of sending their nightly PMs. The lack of activity hasn't really inspired me enough to keep this going.

Seamus Fermanagh
06-25-2007, 00:25
Sorry to hear it.

When time permits, an expose on your combat matrices and how you were guiding the game would be instructive to those of us who run the non-standard versions.

Thanks for your efforts.

pevergreen
06-25-2007, 00:50
Pevergreen, my friend, the twisted Khan has tied my fate to that of the Orgahs, and I can only hope that your talents as The Smith will be enough to pull yourself through. You win his mind game, and I win my freedom. You fail, and I die. I have heard that the Khan needs a new master smith, and you could perhaps impress him by forging a blade worthy of his status.

Use your talents wisely,
Brother John, prisoner of the Khan

Team: Orgah
Role: The Smith
Minor Goal: Orgah Victory
Major Goal: Orgah Victory and possess Blade of Mars at end
Weapon Skill: 4
Weapon proficiencies: Axe/Mace/Staff
Equipment: You have a Tabar Axe (penetration 3) and an Aketon (defence 1). You also have 12 gold.
Night actions available: Universal Night Actions. Strengthen a weapon. Repair armour. Smithing. Decorate a weapon.

Strengthen a weapon: Each night you may improve the penetration of a weapon by 1 or the defence of a suit of armour or shield by 1. This is a free action, provided that you are neither repairing nor decorating something on the same night.

Repair armour: Each night you may repair damage to armour or shield from pitch or naphtha attacks, or damage to a weapon from poison on the blade. This is a free action, provided that you are neither strengthening or decorating something on the same night.

Decorating a weapon: Each night you may decorate a weapon or suit of armour or shield to improve the value by a random amount of gold (2-10 gold). This is a free action, provided that you are neither strengthening nor repairing something on the same night.

Smithing: You may smith armours, shields and weapons into anything worth up to the collective value of the ingredients you are putting in. You may produce, as a full night action, any weapon, armour or shield for sale, plus the Arabic Great Mace, Bodkin Arrows (increase bow penetration by 2), Lamellar Armour, the Genoese Pavise and the Blade of Mars (if you have all the ingredients for it).

Remember: No PM/chat quoting, no discussion of PMs after death

As you try to leave your room at a quarter to midnight, you meet with an unpleasant surprise. The door is locked from the outside. You batter against it a few times, but it won't yield. Cursing, you get to work on the aketon, and carefully add a layer of leather onto the thick cotton armour. In the early morning, you ready yourself again, and after thirty or forty axe swings at the door, your arm is aching, and the lock has broken but it is too late to go to the tower now.

Pevergreen - The Smith. Weapon Skill 4/AMS. Tabar Axe, strengthened (Defence 2) aketon, 12 gold.

The door is unbarred tonight, and you are able to swiftly go up the tower steps and collect the five golden coins, each with the head of an Ismaili Caliph engraved upon it. A few hours of work on your axe improves the balance and functionality of it.

Pevergreen - The Smith. Weapon Skill 4/AMS. Strengthened Tabar Axe (4), strengthened (2) aketon, 17 gold.

Pevergreen - The Smith. Weapon Skill 4/AMS. Strengthened Tabar Axe (4), strengthened (2) aketon, 22 gold.

The tower's a long climb, but seems to be worth it. Five gold is already on the floor as you enter, so you take that.

The Smith. I like it.

seireikhaan
06-25-2007, 01:01
Darn it, my first chance at a protown role, too. Also, am I the only one to think my role was ironic?

Greater Khaan, the Orgahs should look up to you, The Egyptian Royal Spy, for I have chosen you to save them from the Mongol scourge. The Orgahs have several excellent men, and you could even use their skills to assassinate the Khan

Use your skills to investigate each individual there, and then to set the guilty up for a lynch. I suggest that you at least partially work on your physical strength, because you would currently be an easy victim for a poisoner.

Aybak of Egypt

Team: Orgah
Role: The Egyptian Royal Spy
Minor Goal: Orgah Victory
Major Goal: Orgah Victory, and Assassinate the Khan (must be done at end game by encouraging the Orgahs to attack the Khan)
Weapon Skill: 1
Weapon proficiencies: Dagger
Equipment: You have a rimmed shield (Defence 2) and chainmail (Defence 5). You also have 2 gold and a Thief's Assistant sleeping draught.
Night actions available: Universal Night Actions. Investigate. Frame.

Investigate: Each night you may investigate a person as a full night action. You will gain up to three pieces of information.

You have a 20% chance of discovering whether or not they have yet committed a night kill.
You have a 40% chance of finding out exactly what equipment they have.
You have a 60% chance of finding out their weapon proficiencies and skill.

Frame: Each night you may attempt to plant evidence of guilt in someone's room. Anyone interacting with them that night will see the 'evidence' of guilt. This is a full night action. The target will learn that someone has attempted to frame him, but not you specifically.
---
Remember: No PM/chat quoting, no discussion of PMs after death