PDA

View Full Version : Replenish?

mlp071
05-17-2007, 17:36
I am not sure about replenish values in Descr_mercenaries....

ex. "exp 0 cost 3120 replenish 0.1 - 0.2 max 2 initial 1"

How often that means that they will replenish?I mean after how many turns?

I found it really boring to fight armies of mercenaries over and over, since AI appers to be buying those before investing in any units of his own , or buildings.

Like Getai will field full army of all Hellenic mercs and some cheap units of his own.That just doesn't cut it for me.

I also believe that is linked to excessive "backstabing " by AI... AI will quickly recruit all mercs in his provinces and get stack to attack.

When i disabled all mercs, AI concentrated on his troops and buildings(finally), but downfall is that he couldn't field any army that will match human player for awhile.(good for RP, but to open for exploits)

Still, after 20+ years, you are able to see improvments in quality of his troops.

So , my thinking is if you provide mercs , but make their respawn time longer (like 3-5x), that will deter AI from being able to field mercs only armies , at least several of them.

With some money script, will generaly alow AI to expand, but will prevent to many stacks..

bovi
05-18-2007, 17:11
I don't know, but my guess is that the unit in question receives between 0.1 and 0.2 units each turn, unless there are already 2 available. So if you recruit the two, it will take somewhere between 5 and 10 turns before there is a new one available, and between 10 and 20 turns before they're both there.

LorDBulA
05-19-2007, 20:25
replenish 0.1 - 0.2 max
Tested it not so long ago. New unit will be available in 5 to 10 turns.
If You would set both values to 0.1 You would get new unit exactly after 10 turns ( up to the max unit number).