PDA

View Full Version : Watchman's mod screws up MIC

Ferromancer
05-19-2007, 19:48
I installed watchman's mod (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=81509), and all of a sudden a bunch of cities that formerly could upgrade their foreign MIC can't do so. In fact, one city that was in the middle of upgrading, had the building queue frozen with 4 turns left! This happened while playing as Romans. That is, unless I'm missing something obvious such as that MIC requirements can spontaneously change.

Intranetusa
05-19-2007, 20:03
What I'm angry about is they deleted all the full names of the units - ie. so now Polybian and Camillan Hastatis are both called Hastatis, with no description.

Also, the watchman mod screwed up a lot of unit cards - ie. they deleted a couple of units and added in "1st cohorts" which has the unit card of peasants

Brightblade
05-19-2007, 20:05
So don't download it, or uninstall it and reinstall EB. Why whine about it in a utterly useless fashion? He stated clearly he was going to reduce the name texts. Unless Im mistaken, it also says it's going to add the 1st cohort mod, and that's not Watchman's that cunctator's.

I'd try READING what he actually wrote about the minimod before downloading it next time.

You can also send him private messages asking about the matter.

Cheers,

BB

Geoffrey S
05-19-2007, 20:07
You shouldn't continue a campaign after installing a mod. It's kind of like changing the tuning of one instrument in a band mid-song; the can still play, but it ain't gonna be right.

Bonny
05-19-2007, 20:32
I installed watchman's mod, and all of a sudden a bunch of cities that formerly could upgrade their foreign MIC can't do so. In fact, one city that was in the middle of upgrading, had the building queue frozen with 4 turns left! This happened while playing as Romans. That is, unless I'm missing something obvious such as that MIC requirements can spontaneously change.

You should start anew campaign, it is not recommended to install mods and than reload your old campaign, btw isn't watchmans mod for bi only?

Pharnakes
05-19-2007, 20:46
Yes, but it makes a few stat changes, so you could still use it with rome.exe, it would just be a bit pointless.

Watchman
05-19-2007, 22:20
And you could also, you know, take this up on the minmod's own thread. That's what it's for after all.

Ferromancer
05-19-2007, 23:13
Okay, I'll move it over there.

Thaatu
05-20-2007, 08:40
Wow, I had no idea Watchman was evil.

Watchman
05-20-2007, 10:26
:shifty:
And I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids !

Watchman
05-20-2007, 10:35
Now that you mention it though, I notice I forgot to include the UI cards for the First Cohorts. Although those are just renamed Legionary Cohort ones. Go to *\EB\Data\UI\UNIT_INFO\SELEUCID and make copies of "roman_infantry_legionary_cohort_i_INFO.tga" and "roman_infantry_legionary_cohort_ii_INFO.tga", then rename the copies to "roman_infantry_legionary_first_cohort_i_INFO.TGA" and "roman_infantry_legionary_first_cohort_ii_INFO.TGA". Ditto for "#roman_infantry_legionary_cohort_i.TGA" and "#roman_infantry_legionary_cohort_ii.TGA" in *\EB\Data\UI\UNITS\SELEUCID to fix the matter yourself for the time being.

Darth Stalin
05-20-2007, 12:35
Well, there should be not such a problem if you install FIRST the Cunctator's FC mod AND THEN Watchman's one - both mentioned unit cards are contained in Cunctator's mod.

Intranetusa
05-21-2007, 04:50
thanks watchman. Watchman's mod is still pretty sweet despite its drawbacks. :D