PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Historical Battles

Bonfire
05-22-2007, 00:09
could we include a sugestion area for historical battle suggestions. i have a few historical battles i would love to see included in the new version.

barocca
05-22-2007, 06:27
Brilliant Idea

you could flesh out the basics (ADF and BDF) and put them into this thread iniside code tags,

alternately you could make the entire battle and upload it somehwere and privide a link to them

:bow:
B.

Bonfire
05-22-2007, 06:56
how about we make this topic the offical historical battle posting places for ideas wise.

i may take of the fire on that and head to the how to forums and read up on to how make historical battles. but atm im clue less

but the first idea i had was nobunaga VS the imagawa and tokugawa alliance that dissolved at owari when tokugawa used ninjas to assinate the imagawa and took over the imagawa lands. thats one of my ideas im not how it can be done witht he mtw egine but thats is the general idea anyways i got work tommorrow and i need to get some sleep.

barocca
05-22-2007, 12:35
modding historical battles (http://doragon.bravepages.com/Medieval/pages_mods/MG_begin.htm)
those four pages were written by me and are very very old,
(please excuse the popups)
but for the most part it is accurate (even though it was written for the demo version of medieval 1)
so you do NOT need to use the backdrop batch file, and read carefully everything else too.

cheers
B.

Bonfire
05-23-2007, 05:32
thanks brocca if come the 25th basicly this friday and im not thrown in jail for probation violation i will probaly sit here and read up on the hot to area.

but for now i just hope sombody post there ideas here.. cause it will only be 89 days the max i'll be in there.

barocca
05-23-2007, 11:22
well, if worst comes to worst (and unless you have been a really bad boy it shoud not)
take some books on Japanese History (or borrow some from their library) and plenty of notepaper and design away,
you can polish them into perfection later

ALSO it is possiblle to make linked battles,

where if you win battle 1 then you go fight battle 2,
but if you lose battle 1 then you got to go fight battle 3,

things CAN break if you cross link them,
when you want a dude to be able to get to a critical battle by mulitple paths it is best to have multiple copies of that battle

ie:- if you want them to be able to go fight battle 4 after battle 2,
AND be able to get to battle 4 if they lose battle 2 but win battle 3
THEN it is best to have two complete copies of battle 2, rather thn try multi pathing through battle 2 (call them battle 2a and battle 2b)
(confused? - draw/map it on paper and it makes perfect sense)

good luck
cheers
B.

barocca
05-23-2007, 11:36
here,
dont cross link paths
make seperate copies for the paths
https://img504.imageshack.us/img504/103/battlepath1ib2.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

it seems like a lot of work,
but it's not,
all it is copy/paste and rename (and referring to the corrxct battle in the listing)

it is best to draw your paths first

:-)

Bonfire
05-23-2007, 21:29
thanks brocca.

The Receptionist
05-24-2007, 03:26
Osaka Summer and Winter campaigns

a linked set could include all the smaller battles that went on around Osaka during that time,
and the possible effect they may have had on the main battles

I am sure i have seen (somewhere) maps of some of those battles that included the names of the unit commanders

:bow: