PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested in an RPG...

Seign Thelas
05-27-2007, 07:39
About warring states in Medieval Germany?

It would be a free RP, with me updating (giving the results of people's actions) every so often. The only stats would be for battles between military forces.

Any takers?

CountArach
05-27-2007, 09:09
What you are suggesting sounds a lot like what goes on in the Chapter House:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Seign Thelas
05-27-2007, 09:47
Could you maybe not use my thread for a game to promote your game? Thanks.

Seign Thelas
05-27-2007, 09:53
And a side note, compared the games that are on this site, this one is more RPG based than stat based, and is much simpler. To some that may be a plus, to others, a negative.

pevergreen
05-27-2007, 09:58
it would be a good idea to post up rules and such, as well as limitations.

Warmaster Horus
05-27-2007, 10:00
Could you maybe not use my thread for a game to promote your game? Thanks.

Just to tell you that he wasn't doing that. He was pointing out the fact that this idea resembled the "games" of the Chapter House. You'll notice there are many other games in there, such as "Red Flood", or "WW1 interactive".

As for your game, it sounds to me like it's inspired by Rise of Civilisation (the game started by Lucjan and now re-started by CF).
For now your presentation is rather vague. Could you give more precision, please?

Seign Thelas
05-27-2007, 10:02
Well I was going to see who would be interested in the story, but if you want...I'm into the simpler things, complexity somewhat dampens the fun of some games, at least for me.

https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/egghead2212/germanymap.jpg

Territory Information:

Number-Name

1 - Denmark
2 - Holstein
3 - Pomerania
4 - Friesland
5 - Saxony
6 - Lusatia
7 - Lower Lorraine
8 - Franconia
9 - Thuringia
10 - Meissen
11 - Upper Lorraine
12 - Swabia
13 - Bavaria
14 - Bohemia
15 - Moravia
16 - Austria
17 - Styria
18 - Burgundy
19 - Lombardy
20 - Papal States
21 - Carinthia
22 - Verona
23 - Carnola

Faction Information:

Faction-Ruler-Troop Count-Territory Number

Saxons - King Conrad - 30,000 - 3
Prussians - King Otto - 25,000 - 3
Frisians - King Jean - 15,000 - 2
Swabians - Prince Heinrich - 25,000 - 2
Bavarians - Prince Henry - 30,000 - 2
Bohemians - Prince Frederick - 25,000 - 5
Veronese - Duke Niccolo - 15,000 - 3
Burgundians - Duke Charles - 10,000 - 1
Papal Forces - Pope Gregory - 20,000 - 2

Seign Thelas
05-27-2007, 10:04
The year is 1100. Germany is still only a number of splintered states, constantly vying for supremacy over each other. Even the power of the Holy Roman Empire wasn't enough to unite the monarchs of the principalities.

The splintered Empire is a shadow of itself under the rule of Charlemagne, the greatest German King of all time. Only one state can unite Germany under a single banner. One state can stand above all the rest. Which state will that be? Perhaps you can decide.

Your role in the beginning is a simple person among the common folk. Normally, you are ignored by the upper classes, but the Kings and Princes of Germany are desperate for people, and will accept anyone into their ranks, even the peasantry. This opens up normally impossible oppurtunities to you. A lowly peasant with some ability can now become a general. Now is your time. Take the reins of fate and acheive your destiny.

Rules

RP normally, until battles. There is a battle system and it will play out like this:

Once you gain some troops they will have stats attached to them, they are Attack and Defense.

Example:

King Henry
Troops: 5000
Attack: 1000/500 (1000 being attack, 500 being defense)

You can raise troop numbers by RPing looking for men to join your cause. Likewise, you can raise the two attached stats by RPing training your men or looking for armor and weapons, it's really free reign with what you can do. Think outside the box.

When attacking, the results are decided by somewhat risk-like rules. For however many units of 100 of a stat you have, you will get that many dice. Example: 500 Attack stat gets 5 dice when attacking, and 500 defense stat gets 5 dice when being attacked. You may get extra dice through exceptional role-playing and other circumstances, again, think outside the box. Troop count will have an effect on their stats. For example a troop of 500 men will never have a stat of over 200. The stats will range from 1 - 1000.

Battles occur when one side invades another side's province, which province is invaded is decided by the intiator of the attack.

You may invade other kingdoms, (France, England, Poland, etc.) but be prepared, they are unified countries and have very strong forces. If you defeat them, you will not gain the entire Kingdom, but it will create new provinces and, in turn, more land to conquer. Essentially, the entire map is available to be taken. Likewise, other kingdoms may not sit idly by and be invaded while a feuding country is embroiled in warfare right next to them. But there will be a period of no incursions, just to get all the players settled in.

Rulers, (if you can become one) for the most part, have unlimited power in what they can and can't do, government-wise, but they can't, as an example, draft 100,000 troops whenever they please. It must be realistic.

The factions that are originally in the game are not the only factions there will be, some can emerge, even player controlled kingdoms can emerge, but that requires a sufficient number of troops.

This is not going to be all war-based, you can have a peaceful character who doesn't get involved with military affairs at all.

For your initial RP and all subsequent RPs I would appreciate it if you put your character's name at the top in bold so I know who I'm dealing with, for updating purposes, and if you have troops I would like it if you put your troop count and stats under that:

King Henry
Troops: 5000
Stats: 1000/1000

I would also appreciate a summary of what you did in bold at the bottom of each RP.

I will not control a single character, but all of the NPCs, and I will be neutral. Simply, post your actions, I post the outcomes.

Sign-ups never close, if one character dies, you may make a new one, and every person is only allowed one character.

If any clarification is needed on rules, I'll be happy to answer questions.

Seign Thelas
05-27-2007, 10:10
Sorry for the accusation.

And I didn't even know you already had games like this. This is more inspired by past RPG games I've played based on the Three Kingdoms period after the Han Dynasty.

Seign Thelas
05-27-2007, 10:31
In addition, Battles.

You have three choices when it's your turn in battle: Attack, Retreat and Stand Firm. If you Attack, then it's as above. If you Retreat, your defensive stat drops to 200 if it is over 200, or 50% of your normal defense if it is under 200. If the enemy chooses to pursue, then you may lose a large number of men. Standing Firm will increase your defense by 100 until your next turn.

If there is more than one unit involved in the battle, each side decides the order of their units, and the battle starts from there.

Attacker 1 choose action (Attack, Retreat, Stand Firm)
Defender 1 choose action
Attacker 2 choose action
Defender 2 choose action.

If there is one Defender and multiple attackers, the defender goes after each attacker. Example:

Attacker 1
Defender
Attacker 2
Defender
Attacker 3
Defender

And so on.

There is a 12 hour limit on acting after the person who precedes you has gone, if you miss this, your turn is skipped and you will not be able to act until next turn. If you feel you'll miss it, PM me with what you want to do before hand, or at least let me know that you're having a person on your side delegate your moves for you. And as a last resort, you can have me choose actions for you. But, as I said, I would need a PM from THAT player.

Seign Thelas
05-27-2007, 18:16
Anyone?

pevergreen
05-28-2007, 01:12
Perhaps the gameroom is not the place, but the Chapter House is suited to something of this level?

Seign Thelas
05-28-2007, 06:06
Oh sorry. I figured the game room would be for games like this, thanks for the info, I'll get on transferring it.

:2thumbsup: