PDA

View Full Version : Germany Interactive History Game. Sign-ups.

Seign Thelas
05-28-2007, 06:09
Then let me know.

The year is 1100. Germany is still only a number of splintered states, constantly vying for supremacy over each other. Even the power of the Holy Roman Empire wasn't enough to unite the monarchs of the principalities.

The splintered Empire is a shadow of itself under the rule of Charlemagne, the greatest German King of all time. Only one state can unite Germany under a single banner. One state can stand above all the rest. Which state will that be? Perhaps you can decide.

Your role in the beginning is a simple person among the common folk. Normally, you are ignored by the upper classes, but the Kings and Princes of Germany are desperate for people, and will accept anyone into their ranks, even the peasantry. This opens up normally impossible oppurtunities to you. A lowly peasant with some ability can now become a general. Now is your time. Take the reins of fate and acheive your destiny.

Rules

RP normally, until battles. There is a battle system and it will play out like this:

Once you gain some troops they will have stats attached to them, they are Attack and Defense.

Example:

King Henry
Troops: 5000
Attack: 1000/500 (1000 being attack, 500 being defense)

You can raise troop numbers by RPing looking for men to join your cause. Likewise, you can raise the two attached stats by RPing training your men or looking for armor and weapons, it's really free reign with what you can do. Think outside the box.

When attacking, the results are decided by somewhat risk-like rules. For however many units of 100 of a stat you have, you will get that many dice. Example: 500 Attack stat gets 5 dice when attacking, and 500 defense stat gets 5 dice when being attacked. You may get extra dice through exceptional role-playing and other circumstances, again, think outside the box. Troop count will have an effect on their stats. For example a troop of 500 men will never have a stat of over 200. The stats will range from 1 - 1000.

Battles occur when one side invades another side's province, which province is invaded is decided by the intiator of the attack.

Battles are run like this:

You have three choices when it's your turn in battle: Attack, Retreat and Stand Firm. If you Attack, then it's as above. If you Retreat, your defensive stat drops to 200 if it is over 200, or 50% of your normal defense if it is under 200. If the enemy chooses to pursue, then you may lose a large number of men. Standing Firm will increase your defense by 100 until your next turn.

If there is more than one unit involved in the battle, each side decides the order of their units, and the battle starts from there.

Attacker 1 choose action (Attack, Retreat, Stand Firm)
Defender 1 choose action
Attacker 2 choose action
Defender 2 choose action.

If there is one Defender and multiple attackers, the defender goes after each attacker. Example:

Attacker 1
Defender
Attacker 2
Defender
Attacker 3
Defender

And so on.

---

There is a 24 hour limit on acting after the person who precedes you has gone, if you miss this, your turn is skipped and you will not be able to act until next turn. If you feel you'll miss it, PM me with what you want to do before hand, or at least let me know that you're having a person on your side delegate your moves for you. And as a last resort, you can have me choose actions for you. But, as I said, I would need a PM from THAT player.

You may invade other kingdoms, (France, England, Poland, etc.) but be prepared, they are unified countries and have very strong forces. If you defeat them, you will not gain the entire Kingdom, but it will create new provinces and, in turn, more land to conquer. Essentially, the entire map is available to be taken. Likewise, other kingdoms may not sit idly by and be invaded while a feuding country is embroiled in warfare right next to them. But there will be a period of no incursions, just to get all the players settled in.

Rulers, (if you can become one) for the most part, have unlimited power in what they can and can't do, government-wise, but they can't, as an example, draft 100,000 troops whenever they please. It must be realistic.

The factions that are originally in the game are not the only factions there will be, some can emerge, even player controlled kingdoms can emerge, but that requires a sufficient number of troops.

This is not going to be all war-based, you can have a peaceful character who doesn't get involved with military affairs at all.

For your initial RP and all subsequent RPs I would appreciate it if you put your character's name at the top in bold so I know who I'm dealing with, for updating purposes, and if you have troops I would like it if you put your troop count and stats under that:

King Henry
Troops: 5000
Stats: 1000/1000

I would also appreciate a summary of what you did in bold at the bottom of each RP.

I will not control a single character, but all of the NPCs, and I will be neutral. Simply, post your actions, I post the outcomes.

Sign-ups never close, if one character dies, you may make a new one, and every person is only allowed one character.

If any clarification is needed on rules, I'll be happy to answer questions.

https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/egghead2212/map2.jpg

Territory Information:

Number-Name

1 - Denmark
2 - Holstein
3 - Pomerania
4 - Friesland
5 - Saxony
6 - Lusatia
7 - Lower Lorraine
8 - Franconia
9 - Thuringia
10 - Meissen
11 - Upper Lorraine
12 - Swabia
13 - Bavaria
14 - Bohemia
15 - Moravia
16 - Austria
17 - Styria
18 - Burgundy
19 - Lombardy
20 - Papal States
21 - Carinthia
22 - Verona
23 - Carnola

Faction Information:

Faction-Ruler-Territory Number

Saxons - King Conrad - 4
Prussians - King Otto - 3
Frisians - King Jean - 1
Swabians - Prince Heinrich - 2
Bavarians - Prince Henry - 2
Bohemians - Prince Frederick - 5
Veronese - Duke Niccolo - 3
Burgundians - Duke Charles - 1
Papal Forces - None - 2

Seign Thelas
05-28-2007, 06:19
For your sign-up, give your name, starting province, and background history.

CountArach
05-28-2007, 06:37
I'm interested, I will read through everything later.

Warluster
05-28-2007, 07:56
I will sign up as The Saxons.

Starting Province: Denmark

Name:King Conrad

backgrounf historyL Update later.

CountArach
05-28-2007, 08:10
There is a 12 hour limit on acting after the person who precedes you has gone, if you miss this, your turn is skipped and you will not be able to act until next turn. If you feel you'll miss it, PM me with what you want to do before hand, or at least let me know that you're having a person on your side delegate your moves for you. And as a last resort, you can have me choose actions for you. But, as I said, I would need a PM from THAT player.

I have a problem with this rule. It doesn't take into account people like myself and Warluster who live in unusual timezones. We will have a real trouble getting on 12 hours after the person before us, particularly if they do this at the peak time in the US/UK.

Seign Thelas
05-29-2007, 05:32
If I extended it to 24 hours, would that be fine?

And you can't be a King or major character right off the bat, you can join the Saxons immediately, but you can't start as them. The rulers are strictly NPC...for now.

Lord Winter
05-29-2007, 06:19
Starting Location: Verona
Name: Steffen Voltgrad
Background: The son of a fairly well off merchent Steffen has just recently inheirnted the trading company of a couple merchant ships. OCC: Is this fine? or do you want more?

Frederick_I_Barbarossa
05-29-2007, 06:37
VERY interested...will join once I've seen some other people join so that my "signing up" post doesn't look dumb. In effect any trade, lifestyle, and general way of life in early medieval central Europe is "for sale" at this point then?

Seign Thelas
05-29-2007, 07:13
That's fine, as long as you're not nobility you're good. And the background length is up to you.

Frederick_I_Barbarossa
05-29-2007, 07:14
How about positions within the Church?

Seign Thelas
05-29-2007, 07:32
If you want to be a priest or something, that's fine. Just don't go higher than priest, the rest are all somewhat major offices.

Derfasciti
05-29-2007, 15:54
I think I'd be interested. Perhaps Saxony.

Warluster
05-29-2007, 22:34
I will sign up as the saxon faction

Starting Faction: Saxony

Name:Gottman Alfried

background history: Is the son of the finest armorer in Saxony, though there are many competitors. He aspires to become a Knight one day,and reguarly trains.

CountArach
05-30-2007, 04:53
Starting Province: Burgundy
Faction: Burgundians
Name: Count Arach :tongue:
Background: Born a peasant, Count Arach was knighted when he saved the life of the King of Burgundy at the Battle of Four Rivers. However, in the saving he was left with a horrible limp that has marred his otherwise athletic body since.

Seign Thelas
05-30-2007, 05:07
I'm going to begin the game when a few more people sign-up.

Remember, sign-ups will never close.

Dave1984
05-30-2007, 05:24
Starting Province: Bavaria
Faction: Bavarians
Name: Heinrich Brustcher
Background: Update shortly...

Frederick_I_Barbarossa
05-30-2007, 05:24
Province: Thuringia

Faction: Prussians

Name: Frederick

Background: A Franconian by birth, Frederick’s education and training have culminated in an appointment as court musician and tutor in the household of the lords of Thuringia. Duties include education of the younger royals, as well as playing the organ and directing the choir in the royal chapel. He maintains several private connections with his relatives in Franconia, however his pocketbook, and therefore his public allegiance, is owed to his Thuringian masters. He is known throughout the region as an accomplished musician and composer, and several of his choral works have made it as far as the nearby cathedrals. His days are spent between the royal chapel, where he plays both a Matins and Vespers each day as well as rehearses the 3 choirs; and the royal apartments, where he tutors the future rulers of this charming land.

Seign Thelas
05-30-2007, 05:49
Beautiful, 5 is enough for a good start. I'll get the RP topic up so we can start.

Seign Thelas
05-30-2007, 06:03
RP topic is up, feel free to begin playing.

shlin28
05-30-2007, 16:45
Since sign-ups are still on-going, i might as well join...

Name: Friedrich Meyer

Starting Province:Lusatia

Allegience:Prussia (or is it France?)

Name: Friedrich Meyer

Job:A doctor (Trained by the finest lumberjack in France) currently serving as an aide to the mayor of Cottbus.

Background info: An orphan left in the care of a lumberjack in France. The woodman taught young Friedrich many skills, especially the fine art of cutting a tree, making Fiedrich skilled with an axe. He journeyed into Prussia to find a better life, he did not find it. However, when the mayor of Cottbus was surrounded by rioters and nearly killed, Friedrich managed to drag the mayor out and gave him rudimentary first-aid, as thanks, the mayor gave the young man a job as his aide and further training to make him a proper physician.

Derfasciti
05-30-2007, 20:45
I'm still kinda on the fence on whether or not to join this IH. Hopefully in the next couple days or so I'll make up my mind. Stupid indecisiveness...:wall:

Ignoramus
06-02-2007, 13:21
Province: Upper Lorraine

Faction: Swabia

Name: Conrad Hohenburg

Background: Born in 1080 to a minor nobleman, Conrad is currently in favour with Otto von Metz, an important noblemen of Upper Lorraine. He is skilled in warfare, and is well reknown for his bravery and valour.

So when do I start roleplaying?(I won't be online tomorrow.)

Seign Thelas
06-02-2007, 19:55
The topic is up. Everyone can start. I don't know why we haven't.

You may start roleplaying. The other topic is on this board.

shlin28
06-03-2007, 14:02
How do we actually role-play?
Because in a standard rpg we start in the same place and interact with each other from the start, but here we are separated. Any guide would help a lot.

Seign Thelas
06-04-2007, 02:48
I don't know how to describe it, but it would turn out like you're telling a story about your character's actions. And I give you the results of his actions.

A post should look like this:

King Heinrich(Your character's name)
Troops: 100
100/100

King Heinrich's small cavalcade of men made their way silently out of their city by night to retreat to a more suitable location after news of the assassination plot had gotten out, along the way he stopped and set up a small camp a ways off of the road.

"Men," he whispered. "I fear that there may be those in league with the assassins prowling the hillside in the area. We must stay vigilant and alert in order to weather this situation."

His men nodded in unison and swore their lives and swords to protect their King, or die trying.

And with that, Heinrich traveled quite far from the road, but still followed its general direction. Soon he reached his another, smaller castle, and there, he attempted to rebuild his forces after so many had betrayed him and made attempts on his life.

King Heinrich has fled his capital in fear of being assassinated by disgruntled soldiers. He has also attempted to raise troops in a smaller town. (Just a summary of what you've done.)

And you can RP once and then you must wait until I update. Updates will not have set times, but they will be when I have free time to do them. And I will not update until there are at least three posts since my last update.

Seign Thelas
06-05-2007, 03:46
Update coming soon in the game topic.

Seign Thelas
06-05-2007, 04:34
Updates are posted.

:2thumbsup:

Ignoramus
06-05-2007, 05:57
Nice. So how slowly/quickly does time pass? In terms of years that is.

Seign Thelas
06-05-2007, 06:09
There's no set passing of time. The story just flows. It's more driven by story then time, and even with the lack of time, I believe the game will be fine.

Seign Thelas
06-06-2007, 17:55
I don't know if everyone knows, but as soon as I update you can continue and RP again.

And in reference to the time question again:

If I want time to advance to a certain point, there will be a larger update with information including, usually, landmark events.

Derfasciti
06-07-2007, 18:56
Hmmm Still thinking of joining.

This is what i'm thinking:

Starting Faction: Saxony

Starting Province: Saxony

Name:I have no idea of any good germanic/saxon names. Anyone have any help for it?

background history: He will either be a son of a priest or a son of some blacksmith. Personality-wise i'm thinking of him being an eager learner and a fierce, opinionated jerk at times.

Any help/tips would be great.:smiley2:

Seign Thelas
06-07-2007, 20:47
Sounds good to me. Multi-faceted personalities usually work well. Join whenever you feel like it. I'd be happy to welcome you. :2thumbsup:

Seign Thelas
06-07-2007, 20:49
And I'm working on updates right now. It'll be a quick one. I encourage everyone to play and for those who have joined but not started, I encourage you even more.

Seign Thelas
06-07-2007, 21:19
Another note: BE ON GUARD. I'M GOING TO BE IMPLEMENTING THE BATTLE SYSTEM IN GAME VERY SOON.

Ignoramus
06-08-2007, 03:15
You could use Anglo-Saxon names if you want.

My suggestions:

Harold, Heinreich(Henry the Fowler was Duke of Saxony), Otto(Henry's son), Frederick.

Seignthelas: I'm guessing that some foreign nations may invade soon?

Seign Thelas
06-08-2007, 05:49
No foreigners...yet ~;)

And in all honesty, with the names, any European name or anything remotely close is completely and 100% acceptable. Anything else...only 85% acceptable. ~:)

Seign Thelas
06-09-2007, 17:15
Updates later on tonight or early tomorrow.

Derfasciti
06-09-2007, 17:24
Hmmm I believe the NATO IH is about to start up here pretty soon and I just don't think i'll have too much time to do this one. Perhaps a bit later on i'll be able to join this one but for the moment, I don't think i'll be able to.

Seign Thelas
06-09-2007, 18:02
Whenever, man, it's your time. :2thumbsup:

Seign Thelas
06-14-2007, 00:12
I'll be updating tomorrow during the day sometime. (EDST)

I've been busy with school and such for the past couple days, but it's over and I have to celebrate tonight. :beam:

Seign Thelas
06-15-2007, 19:38
So sorry guys. I've been having the worst computer trouble ever over the past couple of days, but there should be an update tonight.

Again, sorry.

Seign Thelas
06-18-2007, 05:32
MAJOR problems lately. Computer and personal. I'm gonna put the game on hold until further notice. Sorry.

shlin28
06-18-2007, 16:53
:wall: and I just had such a good idea for my character.....

Oh well, good luck with your computer and hopefully you will fix it soon!

Veho Nex
06-26-2007, 16:03
I would like to join

Name: Can't think of one, maybe some one can give me one?
Starting location: Area 19... Lombard IIRC
Background: (Name) was never much of a man for loyalties but if the pay was right and his ragtag band of brigands agreed on it he be faithfully loyal to his employer. He favored fighting in sheild wall and a low flight of arrows as his men charged and was known for the accuracy of his archers though his actual soldiers where lightely armed and armored relying on weakening and breaking formations with an old roman style of engagment.

Tiberius of the Drake
07-01-2007, 17:13
Hopefully this IH is not dead because i was thinking of joining. has anyone talked to seignthelas recently?

Tiberius of the Drake
07-01-2007, 18:00
ahhh forget it im gonna post my joining info anyways.

Name: Roberto de Taranto
Starting Location: 22-Verona
Background: The son of a norman conquerer and a Taranto peasant. Roberto was born in the year of our lord 1080. Though he was a bastard son, Roberto was treated like a member of the normal family and recieved the same education as his fathers legitimate children. He relished in studying the history of the people who had ruled Italy in times path, especially the Romans. He also specialized in the use of the longsword and in the use of tactics. When he finally realized that he would not inherit the lands of his father or be able to conquer any lands for himself in southern Italy, he departed for the North, taking with him the few retainers and horsemen that were loyal to him.

Frederick_I_Barbarossa
07-13-2007, 20:57
I am posting in order to ascertain the level of interest in this game and how many people would like to keep playing. I for one am quite interested in keeping this game going, and I hope the rest of you are too (it was just starting to get good!!! hehe).

shlin28
07-13-2007, 21:27
I still wanna keep playing!

Tiberius of the Drake
07-14-2007, 01:39
seignthelas, (now known as seign_thelas) had a computer issue and had to make a new accoutn which means new post count and having to re earn the privalege to post in the CH. we must be patient.:bow:

Ignoramus
07-14-2007, 11:38
Surely if he contacted Tosa he would be able to explain the situation. I am sure seignthelas is as eager as we are to continue the interactive.

Seign Thelas
07-24-2007, 00:15
I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.

Sorry for such a long hiatus. When I got everything worked out I couldn't remember my passwords. But they came to me in a dream (literally). I just need to get all the information back together and we can game on if everyone's still in.

Frederick_I_Barbarossa
07-24-2007, 00:20
Awesome!!!

shlin28
07-24-2007, 09:29
Yay!

Ignoramus
07-24-2007, 12:18
This calls for a celebration!

Seign Thelas
07-24-2007, 18:53
Alright a couple more replies and we can go. I just have a little more gathering to do, and I have to sort of remake the map into a BMP because I lost the file. God, do I wish I could photoshop.

Don Corleone
07-24-2007, 19:27
Room for one more? Any faction need people?

Seign Thelas
07-24-2007, 19:34
Go ahead and join, no limits for people in this game.

:beam:

Seign Thelas
07-24-2007, 19:44
Map issue is worked out, now I just have to gather all the statistics and troops counts from the game, which should take all of 15 minutes, and then I'll update everyone who posted anything, and we can continue.

Don Corleone
07-24-2007, 19:45
Name: Jaromir son of Bedrich
Province: Bohemia (14)
Faction: Bohemians

Born and raised in the thriving city of Prague, young Jaromir disobeyed the wishes of his father (a brewer and tavern owner) and joined the army of Prince Frederick. For daring and bravery defending the city against a band of raiding Magyar cavalry, Jaromir was promoted from the ranks of peasant spearmen to a sworn man-at-arms. Although his family is proud of his new status, they still worry for his safety and beg him to leave the Prince's army and return to the simple life.

Don Corleone
07-24-2007, 19:46
There, did I do that right? In reading through, I didn't see any other Bohemians, which is why I picked that faction (now, there should be at least one person on every faction).

Seign Thelas
07-24-2007, 20:01
Yep. It's an acceptable sign-up. You're in. Haha.

Seign Thelas
07-24-2007, 20:03
The Frisians, the Veronese, and the Papal Forces don't have any Player characters, but that's fine, they can be a challenge.

:laugh4:

Seign Thelas
07-24-2007, 20:45
Updates are posted, and gaming is on!

The game can now continue. Play whenever you wish.

Don Corleone
07-24-2007, 23:23
Since I just started, I don't have any troops to issue orders on, correct? I just roleplay my own guy, perhaps a company of soldiers, but no more than 5 or 10, not an actual unit, right?

Seign Thelas
07-24-2007, 23:25
Correct, any troops you get will be from updates and just playing the game.

Seign Thelas
07-25-2007, 18:57
Update sometime tonight, I think.

Seign Thelas
07-28-2007, 16:20
Expect an update later tonight. (Eastern US Time)

Seign Thelas
08-01-2007, 03:12
Update soon, soon, soon.

Seign Thelas
08-05-2007, 05:02
Update coming tomorrow. I have one too many drinks in me to actually update ANYTHING tonight. Sorry.

Seign Thelas
08-06-2007, 00:07
There will be an update at some point tonight. As soon as I have some free time.

Seign Thelas
08-07-2007, 04:44
Bleh. Computer trouble's back, this time not as much. I'll try to have it working again within two days. Forgive me. :bow:

ULC
08-11-2007, 23:50
May I join?
Heres my character...

Name: Gustav Schtauffen
Allegiance: None (Mercenary Core, composed of Danish/German/English troops)

Background: Gustav was born a peasant to a danish father and a saxon mother. At an early age he was conscripted into the army. His naturally rebellious nature meant that he suffered much punishment under several different commanders for "acts of insubordination". He was almost always on the front line, and as such gained a reputation for ferocity, one of the few reasons that he continued to be tolerated by the officers. During a peasant uprising, Gustav refused to move his unit to put down the rebellion. He and his sympathizers joined with the peasants, and summarily defeated their former comrades, many of whom dropped their weapons and surrendered before the fight had truly begun. Gustav fled the Empire to England with the remaining division, with the villagers in tow. In England, Gustav reequipped his men, added the villagers and some englishmen into the ranks, and set himself up as a freelance company. Several years past, and he and his men gained much fame around the North sea area where they plyed their trade. Upon hearing of the disastrous battles the Saxons had fought, Gustav decided it was high time to return home and fight for King and Country, and most importantly, Gold.

shlin28
08-15-2007, 13:47
Any more updates? :yes:

Seign Thelas
08-15-2007, 18:18
My computer isn't allowing the internet to work. I can only post when I get to the computer I'm on now, and the periods aren't prolonged enough for 4 updates at once. I'm going to try next time I get a chance to sit down and write. Sorry for the inconvenience. :bow:

The Stranger
08-17-2007, 22:59
can i still join?

shlin28
08-18-2007, 11:15
seignthelas said anyone can join at any time

The Stranger
08-18-2007, 17:44
oke ill send in info later this evening

Ayachuco
09-21-2007, 06:17
Are there limitations to what kind of a NPC can you be? b/c I want to be something shady, an assasin perhaps? If I can't I'll just think of something else and join.

shlin28
09-21-2007, 08:49
This game is closed...