PDA

View Full Version : hoplite question

Jagers
06-02-2007, 22:29
Could someone tell my how to add the fs_spearman and fs_swordsman models back to the hoplite units in EB? The game crashes on startup if I add these skeletons using Caligula.
I did some testing with overhand and underhand hoplite models, and I think the underhand models with phalanx formation best simulates the Greek phalanx.
The overhand looks great, but causes too many misses in combat due to the spear going over the enemies head, especially if the hoplite unit is uphill of the enemy!
Besides, a real hoplite phalanx used an underhand grip in the first line, and overhand behind them, and since the total war engine can't do this, I want to go with the model that works best.
I also found for the phalanx formation to hold effectively, it is best to have the hit strength at at least 1, so I will have to add to units hit points to keep the EB formula.
Thanks.

Bonny
06-03-2007, 01:45
Could someone tell my how to add the fs_spearman and fs_swordsman models back to the hoplite units in EB? The game crashes on startup if I add these skeletons using Caligula.

You need to add the phalanx attribute to them in edu, too (if you don't know where look at teh unit that ahve them Already like Pezhetairoi).
You ,too need to make stats for the secondary weapon, too, but i doubt that thee model ahs one.