PDA

View Full Version : Unit numbers after rebellion

JMRC
06-04-2007, 03:08
Hi.

When a city rebels, does anyone know the aprox. formula that the AI uses to generate the rebel garrison?

Thanks in advance.

Ludens
06-04-2007, 11:52
I have heard that each rebellion has a certain monetary value, which is spent on units available for recruitment in the revolting town. If only low-price units are available, the additional money is spent on upgrades; hence the gold-chevron peasant rebellions from vanilla. However, I don't know how this monetary value is determined. In fact, I am not even sure if anyone has ever tested this.

blank
06-04-2007, 21:22
Hi.

When a city rebels, does anyone know the aprox. formula that the AI uses to generate the rebel garrison?

Thanks in advance.

The bigger the city, the bigger the garrison?
I know in RTR the government building determined which units the AI will get (the larger the gov. building, the better units), but i'm unsure how it is in EB

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
06-05-2007, 00:23
Well, for one thing, they can only recruit the units that the faction getting the settlement would be able to recruit immediately after getting the settlement. (Thus the rebelling city CTD.) (Plus there are some random units that they can get even though they can't be recruited, like somemercs and those elephants.)