PDA

View Full Version : Experience preference

MiniMe
06-04-2007, 15:56
One of few things that were improved in Medieval II was unit experience.
I went one step further and deactivated experience at all, switching TRUE to FALSE in preferences.txt that is in PREFERENCES subfolder, actually both of them (in EB and RTR data folders)
For some reason, units in my current Baktria campaign continue to gain experience. Baktrioi hippotoxotai with gold chevrons are good. In fact, too good to be true.

Any clues, how can I:
1. disable unit experience in some different way rather than adjusting preferences.txt;
or
2. change the amount of dead bodies required for next chevron upgrade?

(BTW, you can be sure preferences.txt is not included in savegames, since many things there such as vegetation graph quality, can be changed during gameplay)

Best regards,
MiniMe.

Watchman
06-04-2007, 17:01
Is there even an experience setting in preferences other than "UNIT_EXPERIENCE_UPGRADE_EFFECT" anyway ? 'Cause that one's just the "sparkly light show" that occurs when an unit goes up a chevron during battle...

MiniMe
06-05-2007, 05:30
Is there even an experience setting in preferences other than "UNIT_EXPERIENCE_UPGRADE_EFFECT" anyway ? 'Cause that one's just the "sparkly light show" that occurs when an unit goes up a chevron during battle...
Arghh! Stupid me! I thought it to turn off the experience, not just some "sparkly light show" =)