PDA

View Full Version : Eye Candy continues

Pages : [1] 2

Bwian
06-09-2007, 12:36
Since the other screenshot thread was getting a bit big...I have started a fresh one :2thumbsup:

https://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7074/orkxo0.jpg

Not done the proper textures yet, but this gives an idea of how the Ork troops are going to look. This is thte 'basic' version. I will have to make a few minor adjustments to the model to get it to animate smoothly ... there is some unsighlty distortion around the thigh bones which I want to cure.

Also...the hands were convertions of stock MTW2 ones...and I need to adjust the finger grip for the weapon hand... it's not right! All easy enough.

The thing has a brand new skeleton, with the arms elongated and hte legs bowed slightly out. The shoulders are also wider. The head bone pivots forward and down, so the neck can jut out like an orcs should and still pivot correctly. Texture work will continue tonight!

Lusted
06-09-2007, 12:38
Nice, reminds me of the Dawn of War orks, which is a good thing.

Bwian
06-09-2007, 12:46
The Warhammer 40K version of the Ork is just about identical to the look the later Warhammer Orks had ( or at least the ones I liked!! ). They were bigger and brawnier. The sourcebooks seem to lean towards that view in all the pictures, so I went with that. It was also easier to find pictures of 40K Ork heads that were not helmetted .... I wanted a bare-headed start point! The source material also pretty clear on the muscular nature of Orcs...so I have gone for BIG arms! Not sure about the hair/crest being proper for Warhammer, but I loved that look in 40K

Big muscles ... small brains....that's Orks!

Daitus
06-09-2007, 13:43
Nice Orcs!
You probably already looked at this picture but if you look towards the back of the regiment there is one with the hair on top. Personally I hope you give them those silly leather caps the one in the front corner has.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/images/OrcBoyzRegiment_large.gif

DrZoidberg
06-09-2007, 14:31
Gorgeous. I love that all the time I'm invested in writing their unit descriptions, feels so frikkin well spent after seeing these. I think I'll re-write them that give them justice. The ones I wrote where quite short.

Taranaich
06-09-2007, 23:40
It is, quite simply, ridiculous how well the mod is going. Considering it's only a few folk working on it, it's already looking better than Mark of Chaos and their legions of artists and modellers!

I wonder if those lovable Squigs will make an appearance? And seeing as how they were so much fun in Dawn of War, it would be CRIMINAL not to have voice actors for the greenskins, they've just got so much character even without textures!

Blood Claw
06-10-2007, 00:33
Those are looking really good so far, can't wait to see them with textures on them.

Spankfurt
06-10-2007, 04:53
Ork voices are frikken hilarious, especially in shadow of the horned rat :clown:

Ciaran
06-10-2007, 09:42
Orcs! :2thumbsup: They look great, and if there´s one kind of fantasy unit the M2TW engine is made for it´s them. I´ll look forward to how they´ll finally come out in all their green glory.

Bwian
06-10-2007, 09:51
I was looking at Squigs the other day. You basically need to have just the legs attached to the mesh, and animated. The Dwarf skeleton might provide me with a suitable base for this. I am not all that up on Squigs ... and how they should move.

A normal human frame might be better. The tricky bit would be to animate the mouth without too much extra work.

Abokasee
06-10-2007, 10:57
Just remember that the black orks shold be larger than the nornal orks

DrZoidberg
06-10-2007, 11:21
I was looking at Squigs the other day. You basically need to have just the legs attached to the mesh, and animated. The Dwarf skeleton might provide me with a suitable base for this. I am not all that up on Squigs ... and how they should move.

A normal human frame might be better. The tricky bit would be to animate the mouth without too much extra work.

Considering how rediculous they look I think Squigs where mostly added for humour so in my humble opinion I think they should look hillarious when moving. Wadling or bounching along.

Taranaich
06-10-2007, 12:54
Since Squigs are just basically funghi space hoppers, whatever animation looks the most hilarious would probably be ideal for the wee blighters. A bit of variety could be added to make them look bigger and smaller (don't know about skeletons scaling within a unit, perhaps just make the meshes fatter or thinner?)

That's the beauty of Orcs in Warhammer, they're such great fun. Some people don't like the idea of them being the "comedy army", but it's the sense of humour that makes them stand out from the more serious armies: besides, those Black Orcs pack a wallop, so it's not like their at all useless.

Is the Berserker attribute from BI still in M2? It would suit the Night Goblin Fanatics nicely.:smash:

Jargon
06-10-2007, 15:15
Ooh, I never played BI, what does the beserker attribute do? We need something to substitute for Frenzy and how you lose control of a bloodthirsty unit. Currently thre is "Run Amok", which I think means a unit can attack its own side, which is great for orcs but not useful for most other armies.

I wonder, can you make a unit always moving forward in MTW? It would be bloody annoying, but could represent that units personal drive to always move towards the enemy. Maybe thats too annoying.

alexader
06-10-2007, 19:51
Yes i think that the animation of the berserker will fit both the squigs and the black orcrs or even the normal orcs.the suitable charge to give them is a crashing animation(suitable for the squigs is to have them as cavalry with the night goblins on their backs)and many units i think must have the crashing animation when charging on the enemy just like cavalry but not cavalry like the bone giants or the kroxigors and many other creatures big enough or even the normal orcs and the opposite troops when have been taken the charge from them,react just like get charge by cavalry(you know:thrown up in the air,like just as i said before from the charge of berserkers from the barbarian invasion expansion):egypt:

Spankfurt
06-11-2007, 20:17
Ooh, I never played BI, what does the beserker attribute do? We need something to substitute for Frenzy and how you lose control of a bloodthirsty unit. Currently thre is "Run Amok", which I think means a unit can attack its own side, which is great for orcs but not useful for most other armies.

I wonder, can you make a unit always moving forward in MTW? It would be bloody annoying, but could represent that units personal drive to always move towards the enemy. Maybe thats too annoying.

I think that would take alot out of the game, such as formations and tactics, which is what the total war series is based around

Bwian
06-11-2007, 20:37
Animation wise...that won't be happening. If I can make a squig simply, then we will have them. They are not a high priority over things like Orcs!

Dogman55
06-11-2007, 22:47
What is your opinion on the whole charging thing with kroxi's and other big creatures, Bwian? Will they throw basic spearmen and swordsmen away with ease like an elephant would? My personal opinion they should, but you modders have the ultimate say.

Bwian
06-11-2007, 22:50
That's certainly my intention! If a 40 foot tall skeleton with a massive axe ran full tilt into you, he wouldn't just stop! Same way a great big lizard beast would scatter things in it's way.

Dogman55
06-11-2007, 22:57
Awesome! Can't wait to unleash my Kroxigors!

Spankfurt
06-11-2007, 23:21
I remember reading a while back someone posting that Bone giants usually hit many units with one swipe, but that may not work out too well since if there are only 3 units in a regiment, if they get surrounded by a group of say, clanrats, who they would normaly be able to crush with ease, they may not even be able to swing their sword from trying to block all the hits being thrown at them, as what happens in m2tw

Born in lust for blood
06-12-2007, 01:18

You can always give them the charge without orders attribute and enhance it.

Eufarius
06-12-2007, 01:58
it's teh greenskins ( right Bwian?)

Jargon
06-12-2007, 02:17
You can always give them the charge without orders attribute and enhance it.

Perfect, thats the attribute iv'e been looking for. I think thats fits Frenzy in a nutshell. So thats the negative, the bonus would be to increase the speed of the units attacks.

EzE
06-13-2007, 13:27
That is awesome work - I am eagerly waiting to see these models in battle on my screen.

Bwian
06-24-2007, 14:27
Progress, as promised. :

Meet the fully re-done Dwarf Miners:

https://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8840/dwa3jb5.jpg
This one shows the model in it's raw state, complete with candle on the helmet :beam:

Next, one in action, which shows, to an extent, the height of hte new mesh against the skeletons they have run into whilst opening up an exploratory shaft in the mountains
https://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2464/dwa4xd9.jpg

alexader
06-24-2007, 14:38
very nice shot,it rocksssssss.keep up the good work.I think history awaits you:egypt:

alexader
06-24-2007, 15:04
Bwian can i suggest something.it would be intersting if you make tha candle a little bigger,also can you put a small fire then upon the candle?:egypt:

Born in lust for blood
06-24-2007, 18:11
WOW amazing!! Although I agree with the candle. Make it a bit bigger. And for a variable you can have a guy holding a canary cage..
Good work.. Now get back to work. We need that mod straight away.:beam: :whip: :whip:

Eufarius
06-24-2007, 19:18
I agree with Born in lust of blood( did i get that right?)

we need this mod out. good job on the Dwarves they are shaping to be one of the best looking units out there.

Bwian
06-24-2007, 19:44
I left the flame off on purpose.

1) Why would you light a candle when you are NOT underground?

2) You can't animate the flame or give it proper dynamic lighting. It would just look odd.

What I do plan on trying later on is to tell the game that the candle position is the place where the torch is held for night battles. From what I recall, the co-ords in the modeldb at the end are this.

On the candle size ... just how big should a candle be? I prefer them that size :whip: :whip:

Meneldil
06-24-2007, 19:50
Nice, as usual

Krazysigmarite
06-24-2007, 19:54
outdated shots removed

Anarion
06-24-2007, 21:31
they look to colour full, more armour would make them better especially does halberd and swordsmen...

Bwian
06-24-2007, 21:58
Squished screenshots is something I have to cope with as well. I have the monitor set to 1440x900, but the screenshots always come out 1024x768 ...

I re-size them in photoshop before I crop and upload them. It's a pain....:dizzy2:

Dogman55
06-25-2007, 03:27
The pics are all awesome. From Miners to Swordsmen. I can't wait to play this game!

Murfios
06-25-2007, 03:54
Thats awesome~!!:balloon2: :balloon2:

Blood Claw
06-25-2007, 04:37
I am so glad to see some new stuff, everything looks great.

My only advice would be to make the candle a bit larger on the helmet of the dwarf but otherwise, it all looks amazing. I can not wait to crush those empire soldiers beneath the feet of my saurus warriors. :yes:

Krazysigmarite
06-25-2007, 05:37
Updated my post with better screenshots. Check em out :)

As for the armour thing: I want to stay as true to the miniatures as possible. Though some renditions of warhammer present the Empire infantry covered with heavy shoulder pads, big iron legguards, etc... this just isn't the case for the most part. In the game, Empire infantry only wear light armor, which is represented by a helmet and the occasional breastplate. The rest of their uniform is frills and colour! Here are a few examples.

If Bwain lets me, I'm hoping to add some special 'region-specific' regiments which may be equipped with more armour. For example, the Ostermark Halberdiers which many keep referencing from the Mark of Chaos video (though even then they are still ridiculously heavily armoured!)

http://draknastet.sverok.net/warhammer/halberdiers.jpg

DrZoidberg
06-25-2007, 07:12
On the candle size ... just how big should a candle be? I prefer them that size

That size might be the logical size, but from just judging the screeny it becomes hard to pick out. I think the candle size should be exaggerated. I think it'll look more fun/better on the battle field.

edit: just thought I'd add that as usual they're gorgeous.

McIwoo
06-25-2007, 12:52
Looks like some nice work Krazysigmarite! Would it be possible to have the screenies made in "day light"?

For the armours, I agree with you, basic troops just ain't amored tanks. But would it be possible to have some sort of visual changes along with the the armour updates made thanks to specific buildings (blacksmiths, swordsmiths or wathever will be implemented in the game)?

Zapp
06-25-2007, 18:21
The empire troops looks nice, but I reeeeally think you should tone the colors down a bit, make it a bit more realistic. Now it looks more like plastic than cloth, because of the shiny colors.

Other than that, they are very nice.

Ciaran
06-25-2007, 19:34
I agree with McIwoo, you should try and get some pictures with better lighting.

For example, the Ostermark Halberdiers which many keep referencing from the Mark of Chaos video (though even then they are still ridiculously heavily armoured!)
Not really, at least the normal Halberdiers there aren´t, it´s typical late medieval infantry plate armour, down to the sallet helmets. They´d work well enough as fully upgraded troops, no sweat.

Bwian
06-25-2007, 21:03
https://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8032/dwa5fa8.jpg

Slayers ..... Ginger Nuts

Casuir
06-25-2007, 23:21
Looking good, colours are way too bright on the imperials though.

Born in lust for blood
06-25-2007, 23:28
Good job!! I agree, tone down the empire troops(if possible add some dirt if they dont get any from the vanilla) and where are the tattoos and extreme piercings for slayers Bwian?:whip: :whip:
Great job. Loving it :2thumbsup:

Bwian
06-25-2007, 23:31
Plan to add some more tattoos .. but piercings require extra polygons to look good. Painting them on the skin looks rubbish.... I tried it! Will have to live without those. I have focused on the hair to make them distinctive.

Krazysigmarite
06-25-2007, 23:56
I love the look of those dwarves!

As for the Imperial uniforms. I'll pick a slightly less saturated red/blue colour, but not too much. The simple truth of the matter is that imperial soldiers wear flamboyant and bright uniforms!

There is however a shading problem at the moment which will be fixed once the modellers attack them. It causes an odd split in the shading which causes parts of the model to simply be shaded incorrectly ingame. You can notice this if you look closely at the arms compared to the bodies. On the texture, it is an identical hue of red. In game, not so.

Anyway, I'll post some screenshots up a bit later.

Blood Claw
06-26-2007, 04:32
The slayers are looking really good too. I love the hair on them, a perfect representation of Warhammer slayers. :2thumbsup:

DrZoidberg
06-26-2007, 06:42
I love the look of those dwarves!

As for the Imperial uniforms. I'll pick a slightly less saturated red/blue colour, but not too much. The simple truth of the matter is that imperial soldiers wear flamboyant and bright uniforms!

There is however a shading problem at the moment which will be fixed once the modellers attack them. It causes an odd split in the shading which causes parts of the model to simply be shaded incorrectly ingame. You can notice this if you look closely at the arms compared to the bodies. On the texture, it is an identical hue of red. In game, not so.

Anyway, I'll post some screenshots up a bit later.

I like them bright. One they hit battle and some of them get wounded, they won't look so bright anyway, which I think will look smashing if we keep them the way they are.

Zapp
06-26-2007, 15:22
The slayers are AWESOME.

alexader
06-26-2007, 20:46
I believe the Imperial troops are very good,but i suggest to put a little more blue in the uniform.as for the armor i think that will be upgrades,right?but they are still good(think about that i have said in the recent past about making a little big and wide the musket for the handgunners,if it is possible)nice jod still,keep walking:egypt:

RedDevil
06-27-2007, 10:06
This is impressive! Great job!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

Eufarius
06-27-2007, 23:30
simply amazing.

Ulstan
06-29-2007, 20:01
Extremely impressive, espeically the empire soldiers. You've captured the models particularly well.

My one point would be to make the crossbows state troops rather than militia, as they are in the new empire book :D

Plus you can't have too many puffy sleeved brightly colored humans running about!

Bwian
07-01-2007, 22:32
This weekends new additons:
https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3794/pic1lz1.jpg

https://img78.imageshack.us/img78/2743/pic2mw8.jpg
Dwarf warriors have not got their final shield designs yet...but I will do that when I decid how i wanyt them to look!

Also did some skeleton javelin throwers and some skeleton halberdiers ... but I haven't got any pics of those yet :clown:

Zibbit
07-01-2007, 23:43
There are some damn good models here i see :laugh4:
But how long time did it take for u to make dose ork units
/Zibbit

Blood Claw
07-02-2007, 06:39
As good as they always are. I really like the Dwarves and their armor. :yes:

Bwian
07-02-2007, 12:32
Zibbit ...the base Dwarves probably took 4-5 hours of actualy modelling time to get into the right shape...then probably the same again to re-build them and get the faces/beards/detail right.

Once you have the basic unit done, the rest are easy. You are simply making variations of the texture and the details of the model to swap about. This is a fairly quick process, and the whole Dwarf Warrior unit was done in an afternoon. Mesh, texture, rig and convert.

The hard bit is getting the basic unit right so the rest can be done with ease.

Eufarius
07-02-2007, 19:21
i like the skeletons they look awesome btw so do the dwarves.

Taranaich
07-02-2007, 19:22
Those dwarf warriors are fantastic!

There appears to be a bit of distention along the neck, but it's not noticeable apart in profile. It doesn't look too bad, the streaking looks like hair anyway.

The armoured skeletons are great too (I assume we'll be using the British spelling for the mod?), I just find the idea of skeletons wearing armour completely ludicrous. Of course walking skeletons with full articulation without tendons keeping them together is ludicrous too...

Best not to think about it too much.:skull:

Zapp
07-02-2007, 21:00
Cool stuff :) I really like the designs of both the skellies and the dwarves. Only critism I can give is

1. The skeletons shields, they look wierdly normal-mapped, or is it just me?
2. The dwarves shields, they look like 10 000 polies. Aren't they a liiiitle bit too detailed? Hard to tell without a wireshot, so I'm probably wrong.

Bwian
07-02-2007, 21:05
The Dwarf mesh is a real challenge to articulate properly, but I am using the beard/hair to hide this. The alternative is to make the beard more 'fixed' to the head, which makes it clip through the body when it turns. It's not 100% perfect, but I am happy with the compromise. In the game, it really doesn't show up to any extent.

The short legs and heavy musculature also present problems, but the game just wouldn't be right without these guys!

Armoured skeletons are supposed to be the raised dead warriors buried with their armour ( yes...UK spelling please :smash: ) ignoring the blatantly obvious fact that the dead would not get buried in valuable suits of mail and plate! After a battle, the kit would have been robbed from the bodies because it was just too valuable to dump in the ground. Still...to heck with reality....this is WARHAMMER! On these guys, the armour obviously helps to keep the bones from breaking!

edit: Zapp ... no..Dwarf shields are 12-sided discs ..so 96 polygons assuming everything is triangulated. Also..the skeleton shields do need re-doing! They need to look more battered and rusty than they do right now. Same goes for the armour. It's far too 'clean' and will be getting a rustier look before I am done.

Zapp
07-02-2007, 22:15
Bwian:

Ahh, ok. They really looked more detailed than that, but 12 sides arn't that much!

Ok, yeah, I guess that's a good decision, the skeletons do look very clean. But else, I think they're really nice.

Murfios
07-02-2007, 23:02
is the skeleton's pelvis goin to remain like that? I mean, withought the "wholes".
http://images.google.hn/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/ucl-views/images/hipinsert&imgrefurl=http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/ucl-views/hipinsert&h=385&w=500&sz=54&hl=en&start=10&um=1&tbnid=YOBDBSlLFU8c4M:&tbnh=100&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpelvis%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26newwindow%3D1%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

Bwian
07-03-2007, 18:03
Yes ... Murfios...the skeleton pelvis will remain like that without the holes. There is not much to be gained in terms of actual detail that you would notice in combat, and it adds a lot of polygons to the overall model to do it. It's a judgement call, and I have decided to do it this way.

Zibbit
07-06-2007, 11:02
This is indeed impressive :jumping:

Bwian
07-07-2007, 21:06
https://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5271/dwa6nc1.jpg

Some distance firepower for the short-guys :clown:

Herkus
07-07-2007, 21:28
Sexy beards. BTW is it just me or all your screenshots are kind of blured?
Anyway I'm happy to see outstanding skills.

Spankfurt
07-07-2007, 23:53
Nothing to complain about at all about dwarves, but I personaly don't like the empire troops tooo much......Swordsmen are wayyy too bright looking, even for keeping realistic, and is it just me? or do at least 60% of the archers/free company troops have large brown hats?:wall:

thrashing mad
07-08-2007, 13:04
Nothing to complain about at all about dwarves, but I personaly don't like the empire troops tooo much......Swordsmen are wayyy too bright looking, even for keeping realistic, and is it just me? or do at least 60% of the archers/free company troops have large brown hats?:wall:

I`ve collected Empire miniatures, and i must say that modder made them look exactly like miniatures. Of course they have to wear bright uniforms (late renessaince-like period) but for sake of realism, they should look more dirty/weared IMO. But great work on them anyway - like real models :).

Bwian
07-08-2007, 17:35
Some heavier firepower ... for when a crossbow just isn't enough ( and when you invent gunpowder... )

https://img225.imageshack.us/img225/304/dwa7fv9.jpg

https://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6171/dwa8ig3.jpg

thrashing mad
07-08-2007, 20:43
Great work with those Dwarfs !!:beam: Gotrek would be proud:laugh4: . Can`t wait to play, write an AAR and make some videos with this mod!!!

Eufarius
07-08-2007, 21:25
very good job here. is that the size of the dwarves's weapons or is it bigger?

Bwian
07-08-2007, 21:58
That is the size of hte Dwarves guns as far as I am concerned! The miniatures show things like spears and guns very overscale simply because they cannot mould them thinner without making them very weak and easy to break.

Murfios
07-08-2007, 23:17
totally awesome!

Jargon
07-09-2007, 08:13
Great work Bwian

DrZoidberg
07-09-2007, 08:38
The development of the mod is going so fast I'm getting my hair in a mess. :captain:

Born in lust for blood
07-09-2007, 12:06
Amazing!

Dogman55
07-09-2007, 14:37
:knight: Plain old awesome

Spankfurt
07-10-2007, 15:15
WoW(not warcraft)

Eufarius
07-10-2007, 20:06
ohh ok cool thank you Bwian:yes:

Bwian
07-15-2007, 22:14
https://img67.imageshack.us/img67/937/stegnb3.jpg

Can you tell what it is yet.

Eufarius
07-15-2007, 22:24
i have died and gone to modding heaven. Now im not much of a lizardman person but that looks frikin amazing!:yes:

Rhipsaspis
07-15-2007, 22:27
Holy crap, that's gonna be brutal, Stegadon!! :dizzy2:

Taranaich
07-15-2007, 22:34
BWAAAAAAA ITSAFREAKINGSTEGADONHOLYFECKINCOWONABIKE
THATSTHEMOSTAWESOMETHINGIVEEVERSEENINMYENTIRELIFE
ANDITSJUSTAMESHTHEREISNTEVENATEXTUREORANYTHINGBUTIDONTCARE
BECAUSEITFREAKINGRULES!!!

Do forgive that outburst, but I do like my lizardmen. I wish I could be more constructive, but it just looks perfect, and it'll look even better with a skin. Very, very impressive!

Detlef
07-15-2007, 22:54
:jawdrop: speechless :jawdrop:

Bwian
07-15-2007, 23:55
Texturing is underway, then it is a simple case of wrapping it around a stock elephant skeleton. I will have to shift some of the bones about, but that is no problem. A stegadon needs to have shorter legs than an elephant. Easy.

One question for the experts on Lizardmen .... Cold Ones. Are they bipedal or quadrapedal? The miniatures show a distinctive large rear claw, like on the Velociraptor or Deinonychus .... but the front limbs are long, and the posture shows the body very flat, with the head in a pose that hints at 4 leggedness..... not sure which way this is supposed to work.

Short term, Cold Ones are going to have to be horse based ... so either the front limbs are rigged to the front leg bones, or they are not rigged at all. The animations refuse to change successfully with KE's toolkit, so I am stuck with stock anims for anything other than humans, though I can muck about with the bone positions.

Krazysigmarite
07-16-2007, 03:40
Lizardmen cold ones tend to be more raptor-like, but the Dark Elven cold-ones are certainly quadrupeds. Even so, more recent editions have lizard men cold ones barely lift their front claws off of the ground - a horse skeleton wouldn't be too far fetched.

Bwian
07-16-2007, 08:51
Krazysigmarite ...that is exactly my concern. I had some Cold One miniatures from way back, and they were definitely bipedal. The latest armybooks show them walking with fore-legs on the ground.

There were dinosaurs which ( Iguanodon for example ) which used both forms of locomotion, and some earlier carnivores that were similar. I will use a horse as a base .... mainly because you need to if the rider is to use a spear or sinmilar hand weapon ... elephants only allow missile weapons for their riders.

I will need to resolve some issues ( which I am discussing right now with KE ) where I have had some issues modifying animations for mounts before I can get the animations right for these guys... but once I do, I will effectively have the key mounts done for the Lizards.

The stgadon is easy.... the elephant animations are perfect for it

Armand
07-16-2007, 09:23
Bwian
The new Cold One model is the same for both Dark Elf and Lizardman in that they are both quadrapedal, they just have smaller front limbs, so the horse model would fit best, but, the Cold One's are known to be great attacking mounts, so im not sure how that could be implemented, perhaps you could use the camel model which causes horses (and hopefully infantry) fear to help represent thier attack and causing fear.

also................... awesome work!!!! :beam:

Born in lust for blood
07-16-2007, 09:24
Great work. It looks badass.

DrZoidberg
07-16-2007, 10:10
Can you tell what it is yet.

Is it a dog? he he. Good work. Looks gorgeous.

On the cold one issue, all pics I remember seeing is that it's bi-pedal. It's based on a Raptor, isn't it? They're bipedal.

edit:
http://conquest.oz.games-workshop.com/products/regiments/images/tichi-big.jpg
http://pages.zoom.co.uk/bogey/Graphics/Cold%20One.jpeg
http://www.firedragon.com/~andorax/gallery/evil/darkelf/beasts.jpg

confusion
http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kauppa/images/gw_wh_lizard_saurus_cold_on.jpg
http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkelves/miniature-gallery/images/COLD-ONE-KNIGHTS_large.gif

According to this it seems like it stands on four legs when it's resting and two when running? It would look better I think if it stays on two all the time.

Armand
07-16-2007, 10:23
The old models show them as veloceraptors and with the new models it shows them closer to the ground and walking on all four's, but they will rear up when attacking, so putting that into the game terms, it would be easier just to have them as a four legged model.

Detlef
07-16-2007, 11:46
Dark elf Coldies,
http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkelves/miniature-gallery/8/

Lizardmen; new,
http://conquest.uk.games-workshop.com/products/lizardmen/saurus_coldones.htm

and the older ones,
http://uk.games-workshop.com/lizardmen/miniature-gallery/9/

Have Fun!

Armand
07-16-2007, 11:54
Detlef, thanks for that, i must admit i have never seen the new Lizardmen Cold One's!
but i would assume it would be easier to make just the one model ie, the dark elf one?

Taranaich
07-16-2007, 12:41
Frankly, I think it would be better to make them bipedal.

When you look at the dimensions of the limbs, the front limbs are a good bit shorter. When translated into the game, this would mean that there would need to be a lot of jiggery-pokery so that it doesn't look wierd (such as the elbow bending forwards or whatever), which could be avoided if the front limbs are left unrigged.

Besides, the Cold Ones' physiology doesn't look like it would function like a horse. The only reasonable way for it to move quickly is for the front legs to be taken off the ground, since they're too short for a decent offset gallop as seen with horses.

On the other hand, a bipedal stance would mean that the Cold Ones would be a bit front-heavy, so I don't know if you can edit the position of the rider to be nearer the centre of gravity (just front of the pelvic area).

I guess the other reason for bipedal is variety: most other races have quadrupedal mounts, so it makes Lizardmen stand out.

Perhaps you could try both ways and see what "looks" best in your opinion.

Dogman55
07-17-2007, 17:50
First off Amazin Stegadon! Cold blooded things Rock! A question though: Whether the cold ones are quad or bi pedal, can you factor in an attack for them?

Bwian
07-18-2007, 19:41
Attack/no attack is something which is pretty much hard-coded as far as I can gather. Elephants have an attack, and are considered to be able to make a melee type attack, and the riders are limited to missile weapons.

Horses and Camels do not have an attack, but the riders can have either melee or missile attacks. What you can't have, sadly, is a melee mount with sword or axe wielding riders. As a result, the choice looks like being horse/camel

Dogman55
07-18-2007, 20:14
Oh well. Would've been cool to see cold ones devouring the poor empire soldiers. Another question: I know that on the top of a stegadon a howdah (Think of a giant bow) can be equipped. Can this translate into game as a balistas' projectile? If not, skink archers are just as cool!

Bwian
07-18-2007, 22:02
There is an elephant with a cannon on it ...so there must be some possibility to mount siege type weapons on the back. It may work like the ballista carriage...and not be a true siege gun .... but I am sure something can be done along the lines of a giant crossbow.

Archers on top will definitely be done.

Eufarius
07-19-2007, 01:50
Sounds good.!

Dogman55
07-19-2007, 02:49
Oooo! A giant monster of death with a nice machine of death on its back! For the Gods! :knight:

Bwian
07-20-2007, 00:00
Also currently working on chariots ...... so watch this space!

Ciaran
07-21-2007, 10:07
There´s a way to get chariots to work in M2TW? I suppose that´s great news.

Taranaich
07-21-2007, 22:03
Wow, if you can get chariots working you'll be a LEGEND to the ancient mod projects, if you're not already!

Gurkhal
07-22-2007, 08:04
This looks really good. Keep it coming.

essi2
07-22-2007, 14:05
this mod gets better every time I come here, keep up the good work:beam:

Krazysigmarite
08-16-2007, 22:39
Just thought I'd post a few quick shots of the new Empire look. People wanted realistic, so I went for a far more believable colour scheme. Note that the shields haven't been redone yet. I'll post some nice clean shots later, but this is a little preview.

Please comment on them - I want to know if people like this version better than the old! :beam:

http://m1.freeshare.us/167fs926672.jpg

http://m1.freeshare.us/167fs927568.jpg

alexader
08-16-2007, 22:48
yes,these are rocking(can i suggest to put more feathers)but they are amazing(i also like the papers that you had put(also it will be a good idea to put some hats atop the helmes for defination)yes thats the way you do it,and you are very good at modding,nice work,keep it up:egypt:

Zapp
08-16-2007, 23:00
PERFECT! That's EXACTLY how I personally would prefer them to look! :D I think you've made the right decision, they truly look awesome now.

I don't think you need more feathers and stuff, maybe just a little bit, cause too much would make them a bit exaggerated.

Bwian
08-17-2007, 00:22
Definitely got them spot on there. The colours still stand out nicely, but look a lot more natural and realistic. Excellent stuff!

Been expanding the ranks of the Tomb King units myself, and hope to have some extra eye-candy in a day or so. Adding some standard bearers and musicians to the lineup and have also made some horse-archers, some sword wielding variants of the spearmen and some mounted swordsmen.

These cover off all the variants of Light Horse and Heavy Horse and Skeleton Warriors listed in the armybooks as 'core'. Doing some work on Ushabti and Tomb Guards next.

Spankfurt
08-17-2007, 04:40
Pretty rad man, They look so much better like that :) the colours blend well instead of standing out so much

Malhorme
08-17-2007, 07:54
Congratulations, they are very nice, i like the crimson, it's the perfect shade. I know that I'm asking a lot, but would it be possible to add a bit more variety to the helmets? Some GW figs have a sort of leather cap instead, it's nice...
I am less enthusiastic about the halberds. The blade seems it bit small and the shaft slightly too long... but I'm no expert!

Jargon
08-17-2007, 07:55
Very sexy Krazysigmarite well done!

Krazysigmarite
08-17-2007, 08:08
The halberds used are just the stock medieval 2 halberds :laugh4: The screenshot is also stretched vertically as I use a widescreen monitor and was too lazy to resize the screenshot.

Glad people are liking the new version!

DrZoidberg
08-17-2007, 12:12
I just want to join the chant. They're perfect

Crian
08-17-2007, 13:25
Excellent! Definitely much better than the earlier shades. Spot on my friend. :2thumbsup:

Bwian
08-17-2007, 16:40
https://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1668/kmez5.jpg
These are the chosen Marauders of Khorne. Bigger weapons, a bit more wargear, and a whole load of bloodlust!

Altogether now .... Blood for the Blood God!

Ciaran
08-17-2007, 16:52
The halberds used are just the stock medieval 2 halberds :laugh4: The screenshot is also stretched vertically as I use a widescreen monitor and was too lazy to resize the screenshot.

Glad people are liking the new version!

They´re absolutely spot on, precisely how I´d imagine them. Don´t change anything, they´re perfect. I love them.

Swoosh So
08-17-2007, 18:41
Id rather buy this than kingdoms tbh :2thumbsup: Is there any timescale for a first release yet?

Stratos
08-17-2007, 21:29
I will say:

Release versions without any support so players can start to play, maybe this way more guys will get involved in the mod.

Bwian
08-17-2007, 21:50
https://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1624/ban1qm1.jpg

The banners of Chaos, spattered with blood, flutter amidst the carnage. Khorne is with us.

https://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2083/ban2px0.jpg
The legion banners of the dead march once more across the desert.

OK...in plain speak, I have been making officer and standard bearer units for some of the factions to spice up the look of the figures on the battlefield. With te possible part variations, you can also have variations of banner which is nice! Would be even better if you had some control over where the officers were placed, rather than them starting out at the end when the formation is anything other than 'horde'. Not to worry...it still looks nice!

edit: Stratos ... I have been considering releaseing a 'taster' battle-pack with just 2 factions present and a sample of units so peaople can play with a few set piece battles. Depends how feasable it is and how big the pack would have to be.

Blood Claw
08-17-2007, 21:56
Awesome looking stuff as always guys. I love the new Empire soldiers and they look much better in my opinion. The Khorne soldiers look really nice too. The banners are well done and fit the armies well.

Decker
08-17-2007, 22:08
Nice job with the Tomb Kings Bwian. I don't really play much but wouldn't the Chaos banners be a little more frayed on the sides(they look kinda square imo).

Bwian
08-17-2007, 23:09
Bit more fiddling with the alpha texture will soon sort out the banners for the Khorne troops

Krazysigmarite
08-17-2007, 23:20
Those banners are glorious. I didn't know officers were possible in Med2!

Bwian
08-18-2007, 00:02
Yep ... up to 3 can be added, and it works just the same as RTW. After the unit model definition in export_descr_unit, you add:

officer [model to be used for the officer]

And it works just like it used to.

Because there is no actual standard bearer animation set, I have added the banners as Samurai style poles attached to the armour, which looks pretty good in context. Also, since you can have multiple banners, with extra officers you can have random banners. I also want to add a musician unit for the Tomb Kings. Just a stock swordsmen unit with a horn wrapped around. All adds to the variation!

Spankfurt
08-18-2007, 05:29
I just needed to say....Awsome :p

How's progress on the campaign map? Skelly's look great :laugh4:

Decker
08-18-2007, 05:47
https://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1624/ban1qm1.jpg

The banners of Chaos, spattered with blood, flutter amidst the carnage. Khorne is with us.

https://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2083/ban2px0.jpg
The legion banners of the dead march once more across the desert.

I gotta seriously find my M2TW game.

DrZoidberg
08-18-2007, 10:53
Kind of hard to have an opinion without the othe chaos units to compare it to. These guys are supposed to be somewhere along the middle. They look good though. I wouldn't mind some more dirt and fur details.

Bwian
08-18-2007, 11:29
https://img147.imageshack.us/img147/494/tombkingscn1.jpg
The Tomb Kings now have a trumpeter added to their units .. 1 musician and 2 standard bearers.

For the benefit of Dr Zoidberg, here is a panorama shot of hte Chaos units of the Khorne faction.
https://img250.imageshack.us/img250/3555/chaosunitsmb8.jpg

I have made the upgraded 'chosen' Northmen have some elements of armour in the faction colour, whilst the bulk of their kit was the dull, earthy tones of the northern barbarian troops. They also feature more 'spikes' to add to the fierceness. I like the effect it has, since it unifies the troop types.

The other factions will have similar linking features, with the faction colours or distinctive chaos features for the troops. Khorne soldiers don't seem to be shown with physical deformities.... just an insane bloodlust!

I have more to work with on the Nurgle faction :beam:

Stratos
08-18-2007, 12:47
edit: Stratos ... I have been considering releaseing a 'taster' battle-pack with just 2 factions present and a sample of units so peaople can play with a few set piece battles. Depends how feasable it is and how big the pack would have to be.

Sounds great!
Can we know wich factions are the most "completed" currently??

Taranaich
08-18-2007, 16:15
How can a skeleton play a trumpet when it has no lips or lungs... *head explodes from overthinking*

Fantastic stuff again. An alternative for the more civilized factions is to have them attached at the hip: there's a belt with a sort of bucket attached that lets you hold the flag more comfortably, which was used in early modern times. I forgot what it's called, I'm just going from memory of scout parades :P

Decker
08-18-2007, 22:39
How can a skeleton play a trumpet when it has no lips or lungs... *head explodes from overthinking*
Well they have plenty of hot air in the desert...

O yea, and the Chaos guys remind me of football players with spikes on their equipment

A Norseman
08-19-2007, 02:24
Hey, Ive been reading trough this site frome time to time, and Bwian and others responisible for this mod have truly done amazing work so far.. lets hope they can make the entire run..

I have a question.. When are you going to start on the high elfs? :laugh4:
As i have a high elf army, i wuld love to see the total war version on them, wich i am shure.. will be superior to all else in the warhammer videogame world..

Bwian
08-19-2007, 21:17
Elven factions will be coming along in due course. I want to try and finish up as much of the current WIP factions before I start on a whole new race. They are definitely going to happen though!

Now...as far as trumpet playing skeletons goes, it's true....they should not be able to blow a trumpet.... but is seems you are happy with the fact that skeletons are up and walking about rather than the more common 'lying down and not moving at all' :laugh4:

I must admit, when I read the rules first off about musicians, I was expecting drummers ... but all the miniatures and artwork shows ornate trumpets! I suppose we just have to assume 'magic' is behind it all... and if you have the power to raise masses of corpses back to life, then producing a bit of backing music from the brass section can't be too much effort!!! Maybe the combat bonus the musician gives a unit is not from playing it...but fram bashing the foe over the head with it!

Azazel
08-19-2007, 21:55
Ah ha, I didn't see this other thread! Nice nice. Truly amazing. When I first saw the Warhammer section I didn't think it would be this well done....and I've fortunately been completely wrong. Wonderful job! :yes:

Krazysigmarite
08-20-2007, 06:49
Empire Pistoliers
Complete with pistols, swords, and gold-trimmed armour.

Sons of wealthy Imperial nobles, Pistoliers serve the Empire as light hit-and-run cavalry. They are excellent at running down light infantry, and their pistols allow them to pierce even heavy armor, while letting their horses allow them comfortable distance.

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/87694500_1187588515.jpg

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/92631900_1187588572.jpg

Bwian
08-20-2007, 09:55
cough cough...KS .... greatswords...cough cough...

ellydog
08-20-2007, 11:23
Nice job, it's good that the empire gets a dedicated man on it :2thumbsup:

A Norseman
08-20-2007, 16:13
Those pistolers look good, I think perhaps that they too armored in compare to the warhammer minatures. And the armour shuld have more gold in it.

To the chosen marauders, why have you kept the peasant armor? they shuld either have fur or be barechested, the peasantly look does not fit with the chaos armour in my opinion.

thrashing mad
08-20-2007, 20:34
Great work on those pistoliers!!!

Blood Claw
08-21-2007, 00:14
Those pistoleers look amazing, keep up the good work. :2thumbsup:

Enthes
08-21-2007, 00:56
hi ive been following the mod for a while but only just bothered to register anyways great work on all the models so far. though for the pistallers i think a brighter gold would look great.

Btw chaos marauders are peasants as far as i know, they are simple wild men from the north who are very angry they look fine :2thumbsup:

Eufarius
08-21-2007, 01:55
B-E-A-UTIFUL Krazysigmarite.:yes:

Spankfurt
08-21-2007, 05:53
ZOMG! i love the pistolier's, maybe my fave unit made so far. maybe a little more flashy gold:beam:

Krazysigmarite
08-21-2007, 08:02
You've got a pretty bad cough there Bwain, you should get that checked :beam:

Greatswords!

Greatswords are the elite of each Province and City-State's garrison. Their primary purpose is as personal bodyguards to wealthy nobles, elector counts, and even the Emperor himself. Greatswords are covered in Full Plate, heavy armor forged by the Dwarves for Imperial use. They take their name from their signature weapons - the massive Great-swords can hew full grown orcs in two!

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/56208600_1187679355.jpg

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/64177600_1187679408.jpg

Bwian
08-21-2007, 09:54
Now that has cured my cough. Greatswords are easily my favourite ewmpire unit. A welcome addition to the lineup, and looking damn fine

ellydog
08-21-2007, 09:55
Such a treat for the eyes :)

A Norseman
08-21-2007, 10:48
They look good, but shuld they not have more hats? On the models all of the four diffrent units have hats..
This was a good one, keep up the good work!! Im still waiting for my knights..

Stratos
08-21-2007, 14:16
Can we see some Greenskins please??

Enthes
08-21-2007, 15:09
nice great swords :yes:

earl of shrewsbury
08-21-2007, 16:30
v nice:yes:

Decker
08-21-2007, 16:33
I was just about to ask who the purple guys were :hide:

Taranaich
08-21-2007, 19:01
Now...as far as trumpet playing skeletons goes, it's true....they should not be able to blow a trumpet.... but is seems you are happy with the fact that skeletons are up and walking about rather than the more common 'lying down and not moving at all' :laugh4:

Yeah, when you start getting nitpicky about things like how skeletons can play brass instruments, things start to unravel a bit. Perhaps that would be an effective means of combating Tomb Kings: go up to a Bone Giant and say "How do you walk?" In the ensuing silence, smashy smashy!

Great greatswords KS, btw. I agree with Norseman, and request more snazzy hats for the greatswords. They're part of what makes them so awesome, that they can stride into battle with skulls protected with nothing but nifty cavalier headgear! :2thumbsup:

Azazel
08-22-2007, 05:21
OMG ~:eek: ~:eek: Look at those Greatswords. Soooo cool!! And those Pistoliers look like a lot of fun to play :laugh4: I can't wait to chase people down with them :charge:

Decker
08-22-2007, 08:02
Nice work Krazysigmarite, you're doing a great job. And beside you and Bwian, who else is helping out around here?

Born in lust for blood
08-22-2007, 16:03
Amazing. Keep it up you guys. Great work.:juggle2: :juggle2:

Taranaich
08-22-2007, 21:15
Decker: apart from Bwian and KS, Casuir does modeling and the map, Uanime5 and Dr Zoidberg do text editing. Daitus is providing music.

essi2
08-22-2007, 21:58
both screenies look amazing :jawdrop:

Decker
08-23-2007, 04:57
Decker: apart from Bwian and KS, Casuir does modeling and the map, Uanime5 and Dr Zoidberg do text editing. Daitus is providing music.
Thanks. And since these guys seem to be somewhat behind the scenes(or that I'm missing their posts), but good job and good luck to you guys with what you're all doing. :medievalcheers:

Bwian
08-23-2007, 11:32
The nature of text editing is such that it makes for pretty dull screenshots! Showing off the visual progress of the mod is what people want to see, but without text work, there is no mod.

Stratos
08-23-2007, 11:42
Coug cough

Orcs

Cough cough

:clown:

Dogman55
08-23-2007, 17:51
Awesome work guys. Simply Amazin'. I can't wait to lay eyes on legions of saurus and skink warriors!:knight:

A Norseman
08-24-2007, 17:45
Bet Bwian are working on somthing big and heavy now, thats why its taking so long..
Big..
Heavy..

Decker
08-24-2007, 19:35
Bet Bwian are working on somthing big and heavy now, thats why its taking so long..
Big..
Heavy..
smelly..

Stratos
08-24-2007, 19:53
I don't get it :stupid:

Bwian
08-24-2007, 21:21
er...actually...what I have been working on definitely ISN'T big.... it's actually very small....the smallest unit I will be making.

Enthes
08-24-2007, 22:01
Dwarfs?
halflings?
Goblins?
Gnoblars?
Snotlings?
those tiny scarabs that tombkings have? (will u actually be doing units like that)

Decker
08-24-2007, 22:06
Dwarfs?
halflings?
Goblins?
Gnoblars?
Snotlings?
those tiny scarabs that tombkings have? (will u actually be doing units like that)
Yea, I believe they can. I know Bwian's talked about it off and on in several threads. BUT! We shall wait and see.

Dogman55
08-24-2007, 23:29
Skinks or skaven are my guesses if they're full models. If not, I can only gues there the 'critter' units.

Bwian
08-26-2007, 20:39
https://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3499/halbgc4.jpg

Just to satisfy the cravings of hte recent posters in the Vampire Counts thread ... here are the Skeleton Halberdiers.

Zapp
08-26-2007, 20:51
Awesome.

Simply awesome.

A Norseman
08-26-2007, 22:02
alright, good. I imagined them with a little more "darker" armour, but, they'll do. Cant wait for the grave guards tho..

SigniferOne
08-27-2007, 01:26
Bwian you must be loving the modding abilities in M2, I know you've been wanting to work on this mod since RTW.

Enthes
08-27-2007, 01:35
very very nice :yes:

Dogman55
08-27-2007, 16:45
Thats awesome! Can't wait to see more!

Bwian
08-27-2007, 17:30
Norseman ... yes, currently the armour is far too 'clean' which is why it looks pale. The whole skeleton warrior texture will be dirtied and rusted up before the finished product hits any kind of release. For now, though, I find it much easier to map and work with a clean texture.

Signifer ... Oh yes...M2TW is SOOOOOO much nicer to mod. The textures are higher detail, the variety in the units just makes things a whole load better to look at, and the fact that we can play about with the skeletons means that the non-human races can be the proper shape, rather then them being forced into human proportions. I couldn't do half the things I have done with RTW, and it's my intention to really showcase what this game engine CAN do with this mod. It's a lot more demanding ... but the results are worth it.

Munchkin
08-27-2007, 21:30
Just wanted to drop a line and say this Mod is looking very very interesting.
Fine job so far.

Oh and my first post, so hello all. :)

Bwian
08-27-2007, 22:46
Welcome to the Org Munchkin! Always nice to have new blood dropping by :beam:

Taranaich
08-27-2007, 23:28
Ooh, you mixed up the halberdier types too, very nice. :2thumbsup:

Born in lust for blood
08-28-2007, 01:43
Amazing work!

Eufarius
08-28-2007, 03:13
Whoo those look awesome!!:2thumbsup:

Krazysigmarite
08-28-2007, 06:20
Well, I decided to try my hand at modelling, and after three days of running in circles, smashing my head through windows, stomping on kittens, and other violent acts of frustration, I've come up with these guys:

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/54773300_1188278129.jpg

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/27451200_1188278046.jpg

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/48127200_1188278185.jpg

Keep in mind that they aren't 100%, I'm going to add some more variations, helmet plumes, and other such things... (and there's still some odd quirks in the model that I need Bwain or somebody with equal modelling brilliance to look at :laugh4: ) but I'm rather pleased with what I was able to do, so... comment/criticize away!

keravnos
08-28-2007, 06:52
Could this be...?

No, it can't possibly be...

Decker
08-28-2007, 06:59
Well, I decided to try my hand at modelling, and after three days of running in circles, smashing my head through windows, stomping on kittens, and other violent acts of frustration, I've come up with these guys:

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/54773300_1188278129.jpg

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/27451200_1188278046.jpg

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/48127200_1188278185.jpg

Keep in mind that they aren't 100%, I'm going to add some more variations, helmet plumes, and other such things... (and there's still some odd quirks in the model that I need Bwain or somebody with equal modelling brilliance to look at :laugh4: ) but I'm rather pleased with what I was able to do, so... comment/criticize away!
:medievalcheers: :knight: FANTASTIC looking Elves. :2thumbsup:

Stratos
08-28-2007, 07:10
Great elfs man!! Congrats!!

Bwian
08-28-2007, 09:27
PM me the details of the quirks, and I will see what I can come up with regarding solutions. I don't want any more kittens stomped for no reason :laugh4:

A Norseman
08-28-2007, 11:12
Hey, Amzing High elfs. I have some suggestions: first: make the spears alot longer! in warhammer terms, these guys are using pikes, so the spears in the picture are too short (Fight in 3 rows spesial rule) Also, i see that the shields are a bit thin, it wuld have been a good idea to make them broader.

I was actualy hoping that the High elf spearmen wuld be pikemen. but that is not too important..
Im looking foreward to the Swordmasters..

Enthes
08-28-2007, 13:46
They are looking very gd

Taranaich
08-28-2007, 18:11
I actually think the spears are about the right length, though I agree the High Elves should have some pikemen too (just to fill out the roster)

Very good stuff! I'll enjoy smashing their pretty heads in with my Ork boyz! :smash:

Zapp
08-28-2007, 19:33
Nice Elves I must say. Here's some critism though ;)

1. Not that important maybe, but the models and the concepts does never use scalemail on the chest armor, only plate.
2. The spearmen do not use scale on the arms either... :P Upper arms has some fluffy shirt, and the lower arms has some plate protection
3. Render shot... Please? :P

Here's a great pic for spearmen concept art.
http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/popup.htm?/highelves/artwork/images/art02.jpg

Krazysigmarite
08-28-2007, 19:45
Ah, I made them based on the 5th edition high elves I have. I'll update them to look more... recent:yes:

Zapp
08-28-2007, 19:57
Ah ok, that explains it a bit... I have to say, I like the 6th ed. a looooot better.

Bwian
08-28-2007, 21:27
https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/2900/swarmrz7.jpg

Something small ...but nasty. Tomb Swarm.

There will some oddness if siege ladders are used, but I will look at that later on. For now, though, I am just enjoying their attack. They don't move that fast, but they are nasty. Now..to get back to some PROPER warriors!

Decker
08-28-2007, 22:05

There will some oddness if siege ladders are used, but I will look at that later on. For now, though, I am just enjoying their attack. They don't move that fast, but they are nasty. Now..to get back to some PROPER warriors!
O wow! I didn't see them at first and just assumed that the dead guys were lying in grass. Very nice. Any close ups of them?

Bwian
08-28-2007, 23:46
https://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5115/swarmrenderxv7.jpg

Basically, I made a low poly scarab, and a low poly scorpion ... then I started adding more copies of each until I got a poly count about equal to the average unit. The various bits wer ejoind up until the 'swarm' was in about 4 pieces.

Each of hte 4 pieces is then rigged to the bones of a VERY modified skeleton.

When the swarm 'moves' pieces of it sway and tilt, making it look like the swarm is moving more than it actually is. Looks quite good. The animations will be further tweaked to get the effect more like I want, and to make it look a bit more natural. Easy really.

The lower poly versions switch in quite soon, so they are harder to make out in a screenshot.

Enthes
08-29-2007, 00:13

OMFG u atually did tomb swams I LOVE U! :clown:

Decker
08-29-2007, 03:15
https://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5115/swarmrenderxv7.jpg

Basically, I made a low poly scarab, and a low poly scorpion ... then I started adding more copies of each until I got a poly count about equal to the average unit. The various bits wer ejoind up until the 'swarm' was in about 4 pieces.

Each of hte 4 pieces is then rigged to the bones of a VERY modified skeleton.

When the swarm 'moves' pieces of it sway and tilt, making it look like the swarm is moving more than it actually is. Looks quite good. The animations will be further tweaked to get the effect more like I want, and to make it look a bit more natural. Easy really.

The lower poly versions switch in quite soon, so they are harder to make out in a screenshot.
Thanks. And of course, they are looking VERY good.

Dogman55
08-29-2007, 03:31
No kidding! Amazin' work on both the Elves and Tomb swarms, great job KS and Bwian!

Eufarius
08-29-2007, 03:42
amazing work, both of you.

Krazysigmarite
08-29-2007, 06:23
The elves are now updated to 6th edition :beam:
(And with Elector-Count Von Bwain's help and the blessings of Sigmar, I was able to eisern-aus the problems)

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/33967000_1188364514.jpg

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/79830500_1188364827.jpg

Subedei
08-29-2007, 08:31
Fantastic units!!! Both:Elves and THE SWARM....
I have to say it is very impressive how fast you guys develop....respect.

I would have a request: As soon as the Eleves attack...would U mind adding "The Ramones - The KKK took my baby away" to the Warhammer soundtrack?:clown:

Munchkin
08-29-2007, 09:59
The elves are now updated to 6th edition :beam:
(And with Elector-Count Von Bwain's help and the blessings of Sigmar, I was able to eisern-aus the problems)

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/33967000_1188364514.jpg

http://www.imagehangar.com/uploads/large/79830500_1188364827.jpg

Wow.
Those do look fantastic.

Enthes
08-29-2007, 14:24
much better with the plate chest :yes:

i cant help but wonder will the tomb swarms be overpowered?
in warhammer the tombswarms are usually alive at the end of the battle.
could they have a weakness like they are flamible or route easily when there is fire near them (only things animals are smart enought to be scared of really fire)

Zapp
08-29-2007, 14:35
This time, they're awesome. just fix those unwrap problems between the legs and they'll be perfect. :smile:

Geoffrey S
08-29-2007, 14:50
This mod still looks incredible. Really pushing the limits of what MTW2 can do, and this soon... very promising for the future, of this mod and modding in general.

A Norseman
08-29-2007, 15:14
like the elfs alot better now! good work! I was going to post this (http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/popup.htm?/highelves/artwork/images/art05.jpg) Picture, but i ee that there is no need for it now! Great work!

Im still waiting for my swordmasters..

Krazysigmarite
08-29-2007, 17:00
Stretching on the legs is due to the way the skeleton moves, it looks perfect in jesus-mode in MS3D. I'll mess around with the rigging to see if I can lessen the stretching any.

Zapp
08-29-2007, 19:14
Stretching on the legs is due to the way the skeleton moves, it looks perfect in jesus-mode in MS3D. I'll mess around with the rigging to see if I can lessen the stretching any.
Don't know if this is any help, but this is how we did it in the RTW mod:

https://img108.imageshack.us/img108/7083/whtw2nd2.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

Hope I can help...

Blood Claw
08-29-2007, 19:57
I am so surprised at how fast this mod is coming along and how great it is looking as well. You guys are really doing a great job on this, please keep up the great work. Looking even better than the original to me. :yes:

Pvt.Leka
08-30-2007, 01:23
This mod is looking damn fine. A BIG salute from distant Serbia

Born in lust for blood
08-30-2007, 01:39
Great job. As usual! Keep it coming you guys.

Eufarius
08-30-2007, 03:15
Good job keep it up.

Azazel
08-30-2007, 03:58
Holy crap, nice Elves!!:2thumbsup: This mod is getting crazy and I just can't wait for it...to think...conquering the Empire with my Elves... :smash:

Decker
08-30-2007, 05:22
You know something.... these pictures do not really fit my background properly:inquisitive: SoOoOoo I was wondering if you guys or somebody else could chop up a few wallpapers of some of your "glorious" work:knight:, not just for me(*wink*wink* *nudge*nudge*) but for everyone here.

Enthes
08-30-2007, 15:03
ya we need some epic battle walpapers showing off what this mod is about :beam:

thrashing mad
08-30-2007, 15:23
Maybe you should use cinematic editor for screenshots? You could some very good shots and angles.

Alletun
08-30-2007, 17:43
https://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8526/totalwarlogorf7.jpg

Presents ...

Black Orcs

https://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8451/bomarchingof1.jpg

https://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2272/closeupwalkot6.jpg

https://img126.imageshack.us/img126/3301/tauntli3.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

and some orc gadgets:

https://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4050/closeupgadgetsmw0.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

Ciaran
08-30-2007, 18:04
Wow, that´s some very nice progress being made. Great work, all modellers, my deepest respect.

Geoffrey S
08-30-2007, 18:22
That is brilliant. Great work on those orcs!

Stratos
08-30-2007, 18:32
Amazing Alletun!! You're black orcs are fantastic!! keep up the good work!
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Enthes
08-30-2007, 18:56
nice models, but i recon they should be more black and less brown

radcan
08-30-2007, 19:00
Bloody awesome mate bloody awesome even a slightly drunk scotsman like me can see that !

Alletun
08-30-2007, 19:24
drunk scotsman

this must be you!! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAsraTQxmMg

and thanks for the nice words everyone :beam:

Krazysigmarite
08-30-2007, 20:05
The black orcs look excellent. My only reccomendation would be that they have plate instead of mail - Black Orcs are notorious for havin' da best loot cuz dey iz DA BIGGEST AN DA STRONGEST! WAAAAAAAGH!!!

http://www.wizard-games.com/images/GW/WFB/Orcs/Special/89-21B.gif
Woah. I have no idea what came over me.

Anarion
08-30-2007, 20:46
Jesus christ!! that's some very nice work.. WELLL DONE!

Zapp
08-30-2007, 21:58
Awesome as always.

Born in lust for blood
08-30-2007, 23:21
Splendid. Love them.

radcan
08-31-2007, 00:53
this must be you!! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAsraTQxmMg

and thanks for the nice words everyone :beam:

Aye thats Me :2thumbsup:

Dogman55
08-31-2007, 02:27
:applause: Awesome job guys, really loving all the looks! When Can I get some lizardmen love? :applause:

Eufarius
08-31-2007, 03:29
Alletun can I have your baby?

+ good job looking very nice on the orcs.

Decker
08-31-2007, 04:08
The black orcs look excellent. My only reccomendation would be that they have plate instead of mail - Black Orcs are notorious for havin' da best loot cuz dey iz DA BIGGEST AN DA STRONGEST! WAAAAAAAGH!!!

http://www.wizard-games.com/images/GW/WFB/Orcs/Special/89-21B.gif
Woah. I have no idea what came over me.
wooa settle down there war chief your day will come to conquer and plunder the llands of da hummies:medievalcheers:

And damn Alluten! Those are sum cleeeean looking orcs ya made there, I'm fancying a WAAAGH now... but whose gonna hold the banner?

Alletun
08-31-2007, 10:05
thanks everyone :yes:

@Krazysigmarite - more plate added, and more to come :2thumbsup:

Subedei
08-31-2007, 11:19
Awesome, they do look really mean & dangerous!!!!! :2thumbsup:

Silly Knicket
08-31-2007, 11:50
I almost fell off my chair when I saw those Black Orcs :2thumbsup:

Awesome work!
I've been following this mod for a while, and I can´t wait to play it.
I -had- to register and make a post due to these nice-looking greenskins though :)

Alletun
08-31-2007, 14:07
but whose gonna hold the banner?

why this guy of course :laugh4:

https://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1673/flagbearerac2.jpg

https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6465/flagbearerchargeds7.jpg

Lordy
08-31-2007, 16:00
The Elves look sick awesome job Krazy, glad your working on my precious elfies! :2thumbsup:

The green and mean are coming along great aswell keep up the good work!

Abokasee
08-31-2007, 16:59
WOW, but make a version were they have great weapons too, and 1 were they have 2 hand weopons, because in the rule book they can swap between these

Alletun
08-31-2007, 17:11
im gonna make many new swords, axes, maces etc for the orcs. and many different shields too, but two weapons is not good since the animation only allows one arm to be used, the other will always take a "shield stance". so the second weapon will just go unused (and, look kinda weird).

Magnus The Pious
08-31-2007, 18:56
this looks sweet but when can we see some Grial knights ?????

PS keep up the great work.

Bwian
08-31-2007, 19:02
Variations on weapons are simple enough to do, once you have the basic mesh done well. The mesh convertion tool allows you to merge meshes...so you just remove the weapon from the model, and save that.... then make 3 or 4 variants on weapon, 2 handed, spear, etc. and then merge it with the model and convert to mesh. It's simple to flesh out these variations, and more important now to get all the different actual meshes done right. That's what Alletun is doing. All the variations come afterwards :2thumbsup:

For me though, it's back to trying to solve the under-the -hood issues to get us chariots and wardogs. Wardogs will give us Squigs, Khorne warhounds and such like :yes:

keravnos
08-31-2007, 19:20

WAAAGH!

@ Alletun, GREAT JOB!

Decker
08-31-2007, 19:29

Hahaaa I like your style

A Norseman
08-31-2007, 22:16
I must say, orcs are not my favorite army, But I personaly think this is the best unit made so far, Im not only talking about the amazing textures, what I think makes it so cool is that it has that violent bruteness that symbolises the whole orc race. Great job, I hope to see more greenskinned brutes in the near future

Jargon
09-01-2007, 02:03
holy sh#t

Dogman55
09-01-2007, 03:25
Amazin Work on the Black orcs and der banna beara!

Azazel
09-01-2007, 05:50
Hahahaha! Cool! The Orcs look so awesome. They really represent the Warhammer Orcs which I love...and hate. (grumble, dwarves never forgive, grumble grumble)

Jubal_Barca
09-01-2007, 12:41
Those orcs, look, well, OK... worthy of my axe I suppose (puffs pipe and scowls at greenskins).