PDA

View Full Version : Guilds

uanime5
06-12-2007, 21:44
This thread is to determine what guilds which factions should have and what these guilds should do. For example a guild could allow a faction to recruit certain knights or make all the settlements more lawful.

Dogman55
06-13-2007, 00:05
In the Faction building thread, I think started by you Uanime5, I listed the lizardmen basis to me, but I pulled out my opinions on the guilds:

Guilds:
The guilds you guys may or may not want to put in would be up for you. Here could be some suggestions:

A Number of guilds could be changed into names (if possible) to:
Sacred spawning pool of *Insert Old One here*.
This could provide the special saurus warriors gifted with each mark of the old one. Also, I believe, that these pools could give characters special ancilliaries that also give the guilds bonus (Im not sure if a guild can give anciliairies.

Chamealion Spawning pools: If you guys dont want to make chamealion skinks spawn-able in every settlement, you could turn them into a guild unit too, which would be kinda cool to represent their rarity.

To elaborate on the Spawning Pool Options:
Tzunki: If the "Can Swim" Ability survived from BI, this would fit perfectly into lizardmen culture lore. It would provide a swimming Saurus Unit. Sea Green Scale Coloring.

Sotek: The Most fun of the lizardmen gods. The Special Saurus from here would have a higher attack rating. Blood Red coloring.

Quetzl: The Saurus from here would be given increased Defense, either through 'armor' (scales) or through the actual skill. More Elaborate Crests.

Tlazcotl: In my opinion, all Saurus warriors should defaultly have good morale as a trait. The Special Saurus from this guild would give them the highest morale rating possible. Yellow crests and scales.

Chotec: Not as important as the other spawnings, and not exactly how it would be incorporated. Lizardmen should move much slower than others, on par with Dwarves. If this guild would provide any benefit, it would have it's saurus be as fast as humans. Orange coloring and Crests.

Haunchi: The Jaguar god, though there isnt any movement penalty for moving through forests in the game (as far as I know) like there was for the tabletop game, which it was designed to remove, you could give the saurus from here the ability to hide in tall grass and forests.

Tepok: Magic resistance, should be left out.

uanime5
06-13-2007, 12:49
Other than 'Quetzl' providing improved armour and 'Sotek' providing weapon upgrades it's not possible to change flags such as can_swim and moral with guilds. Though guilds could be required to recruit these units.

Casuir
06-13-2007, 13:52
This would require seperate units for each guild so changing stats is possible, whether its wise to limit basic troops to guilds is another matter.

Dogman55
06-13-2007, 20:27
Other than 'Quetzl' providing improved armour and 'Sotek' providing weapon upgrades it's not possible to change flags such as can_swim and moral with guilds. Though guilds could be required to recruit these units.

Maybe Im not coming across clear. What I meant to make it out was that the Saurus units built here would be sepearate units than the 'base' saurus built at the Lizardmen Barracks. Why couldn't a Default flag for basic saurus units be 'Good Morale', than why wouldn't the new saurus created here have the 'excellent morale trait'. It's a shame that the can swim flag didnt make M2 though.

Dogman55
06-13-2007, 20:31
This would require seperate units for each guild so changing stats is possible, whether its wise to limit basic troops to guilds is another matter.

Yup, that's what I meant. The thing is though, in my frame of thinking, there aren't many custimization options for guild units as their are for other factions, but that doesnt mean that every faction needs guild units. Just though it might add some spice to the Lizardmen army, seeing as I don't see putting The Slann, without putting magic fireballs and the like, making it into the game.

uanime5
06-14-2007, 15:20
Maybe Im not coming across clear. What I meant to make it out was that the Saurus units built here would be sepearate units than the 'base' saurus built at the Lizardmen Barracks. Why couldn't a Default flag for basic saurus units be 'Good Morale', than why wouldn't the new saurus created here have the 'excellent morale trait'. It's a shame that the can swim flag didnt make M2 though.

It is possible to make a guild unit with different flags to a base unit, so a guild would let you recruit a version of the Sarus with better moral (it's even possible to give them the same name and appearence). However it would not be possible for a guild to change the base unit's flags or replace a base unit with a guild unit.

Dogman55
06-14-2007, 18:05
It is possible to make a guild unit with different flags to a base unit, so a guild would let you recruit a version of the Sarus with better moral (it's even possible to give them the same name and appearence). However it would not be possible for a guild to change the base unit's flags or replace a base unit with a guild unit.

I think I understood all that, go easy on me cause this is new territory for me. But Yes, thats what I was expecting, that the Guild Units granted by the different spawnings wouldn't replace the 'Basic' Saurus unit, but would kind of be like an elite of them. They would most likely not be the same name and color, for example could be; "Sacred Saurus of Old one Name" and their color of their scales would reflect that blessing.

uanime5
06-14-2007, 22:33
I think I understood all that, go easy on me cause this is new territory for me. But Yes, thats what I was expecting, that the Guild Units granted by the different spawnings wouldn't replace the 'Basic' Saurus unit, but would kind of be like an elite of them. They would most likely not be the same name and color, for example could be; "Sacred Saurus of Old one Name" and their color of their scales would reflect that blessing.

Okay then, that's possible since adding guild units is no different from adding any other soldier. So I can add your guild versions of the Sotek, Quetzl, Tlazcotl, and Haunchi. I can't do Chotec because speed setting are determined by meshes (Bwain is doing these) or Tzunki because I don't think units can swim.

I don't want to say that these versions will be included because I'm not doing the textures (these determine the colour of the unit).