PDA

View Full Version : The Attack of the MacSobers [Concluded]

Andres
06-15-2007, 20:13
Since Omanes' game is about to end, I'll open the sign-up phase for this one:

The Attack of the MacSobers.

It’s the year of our Lord 2007 (fancy that!). The little town of Drunkardplace prospers, thanks to the local whisky distillery and the local pubs where the whisky is consumed in massive amounts. The local families, MacDrunk, MacDrink, MacHangover and MacCirose live happily together in this little town.

But we all know mankind…

The MacSobers, from the nearby town Boredom, watched the situation in Drunkardplace with envy.

And thus it happened the City Council of Boredom decided to send two respected family members, who were both well known to be anti-alcohol, to Drunkardplace to take proper measures …

Ze rulez:

There are two sides in this game: the MacSobers (mafia) and the inhabitants of Drunkardplace (the families of MacDrunk, MacDrink, MacHangover, MacCirose, etc..., the townies)

The MacSobers' goal is to kill all the inhabitants of Drunkardplace. The townies need to kill the MacSobers by lynching them.

There will be two MacSobers. The mafia gets 2 kills per night, even if one of them gets lynched.

During daytime, the townies must choose someone to lynch; when a player gets a majority of the votes, he is lynched. In case of a tie, the day will last until the tie is broken. If the tie lasts for more than 24 hours, there will be no lynch.

The game alternates between Night and Day, each phase takes 24 hours, unless otherwise told by the Game Master (that's me).

Voting abstain will be ignored and will not be considered as a vote. Voting no lynch is perfectly valid though.

Not voting during two subsequent days will result in something similar to WoG, but far more cruel and embarassing (expect public humiliation :evil:)

PM'ing and posting after dead is allowed. You are not allowed to quote pm's, chatlogs, e-mails, etc..., not in the thread nor by any other means of communication No screenshots.

There is one exception: MacStrohrum (the Detective) is allowed to quote his role pm and the results of his investigations, but only as long as he is alive.

Roles:

Dry MacSober and Desert MacSober: these are the two mafiosi. They get two kills each night, even if only one of them remains.

MacStrohrum: the World Champion of Drinking, his abilities are equal to those of a detective. Cannot reveal role after dead.

The families of MacDrunk, MacDrink, MacHangover and MacCirose: these are regular townies.

Request:

Have mercy with your humble servant and BOLD YOUR VOTES. Keeping a vote tally would be much appreciated as well. Thanks in advance :bow:

Players:

Motep
Ichigo
Omanes
greaterkhaan
Sasaki
Warmaster Horus
Stig
CountArach
Crazed Rabbit
Faust
pevergreen
sapi

Motep
06-15-2007, 20:20
All, right...Im in...?

Csargo
06-15-2007, 20:20
:soapbox:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-15-2007, 20:26
In!

Great idea for a setting Andres ~:cheers:

seireikhaan
06-15-2007, 20:34
Lol, I'm in. Very creative mafia, btw, Andres.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-15-2007, 20:36
/in

Warmaster Horus
06-15-2007, 21:25
In. Very original/good idea for mafia...

Stig
06-15-2007, 22:24
In

And damned you Andres, I had the same in mind for my big mafia

Andres
06-15-2007, 22:34
And damned you Andres, I had the same in mind for my big mafia

Hmmm... but there are still an awfull lot of possibilities: a Tequila mafia, a Wodka mafia, a Gin mafia, a French wine mafia, ...

Belgian Beer mafia would be a good choice as well off course.

Were you planning to implement a Drinking Contest aspect (a variant on the duelling we had in Kung Fu Mafia and Midgard Saga) in your mafia?

Oh, and being drunk while posting is allowed in this game ~:cheers:

Stig
06-15-2007, 22:38
I was planning on a beer selling mafia. Bad guys are obviously the Heineken salesmen. Next to that pro-town roles which I won't give away.

Oh, and being drunk while posting is allowed in this game
I still have a full crate at home and won't be often at home this summer.

Will the most drunk person win? Would be an easy one.

Andres
06-15-2007, 22:43
Bad guys are obviously the Heineken salesmen.

If you give me a Heineken salesman role in your mafia, I'll commit suicide straight away :brood:

CountArach
06-15-2007, 22:44
In!

Crazed Rabbit
06-16-2007, 01:43
Macs and Teetotalars? The mafia combines two of the world's evils! I will join just to fight them.

Crazed Rabbit

Faust|
06-16-2007, 03:39
In!

pevergreen
06-16-2007, 06:48
yay in

Motep
06-16-2007, 06:50
Good to see another one on the "crazy train". This game only needs one more, now. I can harly contain the exitement. wooo.

sapi
06-16-2007, 10:43
Room for one more?

Andres
06-16-2007, 12:00

PM's will be sent asap.

Just one more clarification about the rules: the lynch descpription will contain the in game name of the player.

CountArach
06-16-2007, 12:16
Do we start with Day or Night?

Andres
06-16-2007, 12:49
The 16th of June 2007

The town of Drunkardplace was excited. Tonight, the infamous MacStrohrum would visit the town.

In the afternoon, the hero arrived, together with his trainer, the former World Champion of Drinking, Mister Andres MacCineyBlond.

As you expected, a great party was organised and the festival ended in a great drinking contest, involving all inhabitants of Drunkardplace and their notorious guests.

Litres and litres of whisky disappeared in the ever dry throats of the participants.

After several hours, only MacStrohrum and his trainer, Mister MacCineyBlond were still standing.

“Well, this was some excellent training. These guys certainly know how to handle their drinks. Just a pity no one will remember you tomorrow morning…”

The trainer and his champion didn’t notice two dark figures, lying on the ground. They pretended to be unconscious, but in fact, they were both very awake. Cunningly, they had spilled their whiskies on the floor instead of drinking them… They were Dry and Desert MacSober and they had evil plans with Drunkardplace.

Andres and his Champion went home. After a while, the first Drunkarplacers started to crawl to their houses.

They didn’t know what horrific events would happen in the next days to come.

Still alive (12):

Motep
Crazed Rabbit
CountArach
Ichigo
Omanes
Greaterkhaan
Sasaki
Warmaster Horus
Stig
Faust
pevergreen
sapi

Killed (0):

Lynched (0):

Humiliated (0):

It's night. PM's please.

Good luck all!

Tran
06-16-2007, 13:53
Vote: Andres

EDIT: Whooppss...sorry, Andres, I didn't join this game actually...

Ignore this post, you're just drunk :bow:

Stig
06-16-2007, 13:58
Night? That's the time to go out

Who wants to come to Pub the Red Lion with me, first round on me ~:cheers:

Csargo
06-16-2007, 14:01
99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer take one down pass it around 98 bottles of beer on the wall.......1 bottle of beer on the wall, 1 bottle of beer take it down pass it around *loses conciousness*

pevergreen
06-17-2007, 00:14
*Knocks self out of conciousness halfway throught song to end the torment*

CountArach
06-17-2007, 01:01
*Joins in the chorus*

Csargo
06-17-2007, 01:28
*hits pever with an empty beer bottle*

Motep
06-17-2007, 08:45
*hits ichigo in the head with an empty beer bottle*

Take that, you lump...

CountArach
06-17-2007, 08:55
Oh yeah! 3 can play at that game!

*Hits Motep with empty beer bottle*

Motep
06-17-2007, 08:56

Yeah! Well, *Hits Motep with empty beer bottle*

sapi
06-17-2007, 09:40

*Threatens to advance on you all with a broken beer bottle if this all doesn't stop ~;)

CountArach
06-17-2007, 09:43
*Stabs sapi in the back*

See now look where you made this go. Now you're dead!

sapi
06-17-2007, 11:47
FoS: CA - you were the first to kill someone in jest :laugh4:

Andres
06-17-2007, 13:23
Night 1 Events:

James MacCirose finally managed to crawl back into his house. Before going to bed though, he went to his refrigorator which was filled with water beer.

He took the nearest bottle and emptied it. "Ah, nothing better against a hangover in the morning than a fresh beer before sleeping."

Due to his intoxicated status, James didn't notice the rather odd taste of his beer.

A dark shadowy figure picked up James MacCirose's unconscious body and put it in a trash can, filled with half eaten, sickening smelling kebabs.

The poor James MacCirose got suffocated by the kebabs in the bin.

William MacHangover was lying in his bed. He looked to the ceiling.

He was drunk as hell. "That guy MacStrohrum sure can handle a drink", he murmured to himself.

"Wake up, you drunkard", a dark voice said.

"Shut up," William said, "I'm sleeping".

"No you're not, you are awake."

"Nope, I cannot be awake, I'm too drunk to be awake."

"Would you be able to talk to me while being asleep?"

"That would be perfectly possible. Check 'The drunkards' logic book, part III.'"

"I don't read such crappy books".

William MacHangover looked surprized. "But, but, all inhabitants of Drunkardplace know them by heart!"

"Well, maybe I'm not an inhabitant of Drunkardplace..."

The MacSober grabbed six bottles of Spa Reine and crushed William MacHangovers' skull with them.

The next morning, Andres MacCineyBlonde gathered the people of Drunkardplace. "My fellow drunkards, I have bad news for you", he said, a sad expression on his face. "Two of the finest people of this town, Mister James MacCirose and Mister William MacHangover have died in strange circumstances. I have all reasons to believe that this was done by the MacSobers, who are living in the nearby town of Boredom, since one of the killings involved water. Still water."

The villagers were shocked. "Water? Still water? Pure water in our town? A non alcoholic drink, here, in Drunkardplace ?!! The horror! The horror!".

"I know", Andres MacCineyBlond said, "but fear not, since we have the famous Helmut MacStrohrum among us."

"Who?", the villagers said...

"Oh, you bunch of drunkards, you don't remember him? Well, maybe that's for the best. I suggest we keep his identity unknown for now. Let him reveal himself when and as he sees fit. Meanwhile, you guys have to figure out which one of you is a MacSober. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched in a very unpleasant way..."

"Unpleasant for a MacSober that is", Andres MacCineyBlond added with an evil grin.

Still alive (10):

Motep
Crazed Rabbit
CountArach
Ichigo
Omanes
Greaterkhaan
Sasaki
Warmaster Horus
Faust
sapi

Killed (2):

pevergreen (James MacCirose)
Stig (William MacHangover)

Lynched (0):

Humiliated (0):

It's day, the voting can start.

Warmaster Horus
06-17-2007, 13:51
Hah! We all knew Stig would be innocent...

Ah, did the mafia write the kills?
If yes...
Vote:greaterkhaan.

Andres
06-17-2007, 13:53
Ah, did the mafia write the kills?

I had to do most of the work myself ~:angry:

Lazy slackers :whip:

seireikhaan
06-17-2007, 14:41
Vote: Warmaster Horus

For picking an easy lynch target with no reason. Personally, I think he's just upset that he lost OMMMM to me and Sapi.

Warmaster Horus
06-17-2007, 14:58
Nope, not because of that.
I did say "If yes" after asking my question. But since the answer is no...
Unvote:greaterkhaan.

seireikhaan
06-17-2007, 15:03
Well, you stuck to your word and you were being honest, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Unvote: Warmaster

Here's an idea to help find the mafia.(Or narrow the field)

Crazed Rabbit, are you mafia?

Warmaster Horus
06-17-2007, 15:16
Uh, do you have a truth/lie detector? Or is CR always truthful?

EDIT: okay, I won't have access to the Org for the next week. Lynch me, if you've nobody else to lynch.

Crazed Rabbit
06-17-2007, 16:39
Well, you stuck to your word and you were being honest, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Nope.

You guys know though, that I don't like projecting 'I'm innocent - noone is going to lynch me, mafia, so you might as well kill me now!' right at the beginning of a game.

The only reason I'm doing this is because I got lynched in KFM (Andres...*glares*) so I figured I'll help you guys not waste a lynch.

Uh, do you have a truth/lie detector? Or is CR always truthful?

I have the habit of being always truthful, which helps when I'm a suspicious townie in the endgame (heehee, Andres).

Crazed Rabbit

Csargo
06-17-2007, 17:20

:no: I think we need to make this some kind of rule that you can't ask CR if he's mafia. I doubt he likes being asked that every game, and pretty much get killed early in every game. FoS:khaan

Vote:Sasaki

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-17-2007, 18:40
At this early stage in the game (good grief it feels like ages since I last said this), there is nothing that one can do other than think about the thoughts and feelings of the hoster. So, who would Andres label as mafia in this game (I think I may regret asking this)?

I'm too tired (four glasses of wine really do go to my head) to think about this wisely so I'll leave it to you to decide. These games need a psephologist in them really - as long as they were pro-town, the innocents would have an almost guaranteed win.

Csargo
06-17-2007, 19:59
At this early stage in the game (good grief it feels like ages since I last said this), there is nothing that one can do other than think about the thoughts and feelings of the hoster. So, who would Andres label as mafia in this game (I think I may regret asking this)?

I'm too tired (four glasses of wine really do go to my head) to think about this wisely so I'll leave it to you to decide. These games need a psephologist in them really - as long as they were pro-town, the innocents would have an almost guaranteed win.

We need to look at people who wouldn't write their own kills. Probably will check up on that later.

Motep
06-17-2007, 20:46

Csargo
06-17-2007, 21:07
:huh:

Motep
06-17-2007, 21:34
my special version of "nevermind"

vote:abstain...dont know who to lynch

Caius
06-18-2007, 00:38
Vote:Ichigo

Csargo
06-18-2007, 00:41

Caius
06-18-2007, 00:45
I have proof against you. =D

Csargo
06-18-2007, 00:48
I have proof against you. =D

pevergreen
06-18-2007, 00:49
mind revealing what it is?

Caius
06-18-2007, 00:50
mind revealing what it is?
No.

Csargo
06-18-2007, 00:53
No.

I can't argue against something that doesn't exist.

pevergreen
06-18-2007, 00:54
Well, I have infomation that you are guilty.

Vote: Caius

Caius
06-18-2007, 01:15
Well, I have infomation that you are guilty.

Vote: Caius
I have information that I dont play here :bounce:

Csargo
06-18-2007, 01:23
I have information that I dont play here :bounce:
:laugh4:

Ignoramus
06-18-2007, 02:13
Since Omanes' game is finished, I'll join.

CountArach
06-18-2007, 06:41
Haha, its already started Ignoramus :wink:

Vote: Ichigo

That question smilie made me laugh. Now my abs hurt...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-18-2007, 07:29
I don't think Ichigo has a role of any sort - he's behaving quite normally. When he does have a role, he seems to be much more investigative.

Ignoramus
06-18-2007, 08:14
Ichigo has a role. If I may be so kind as to refer people to this link:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87260

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-18-2007, 08:20
I don't understand Ignoramus, I have a PM exactly the same as shown there in my box - every player gets one - it's not necessarily a sign of having a role.

Anyhow, for now I Vote: No Lynch

Ignoramus
06-18-2007, 08:21
Look carefully at the screenshot.

Andres
06-18-2007, 08:56
Hmmm, I thought it would be obious that only participants can post here while the game is running...

*** Looks at Caius and Ignoramus ***

:inquisitive:

Out of here :whip:

Andres
06-18-2007, 09:02
And for your information: every participant got a role pm, regardless of role.

If all went right, every player must have gotten a pm in his inbox with the title "The Attack of the MacSobers".

Clarification: Since Ichigo posted his screenshot in another, not game related thread and it is obvious that he didn't at all intend to break the rules of this game, the screenshot is not considered as a violation of the rules :bow:

Reminder: you are not allowed to quote my pm's entirely nor partially, in public nor in private. The only exception is for the detective who is free to quote all my pm's in public.

Let the game continue (a wee bit more participation from the actual participants would be much appreciated, thank you :bow: )

Ignoramus
06-18-2007, 09:24
Apologises for my posts. I shall keep silent in the future.

CountArach
06-18-2007, 11:21
Ichigo might just have got his name. Although, it does look suspicious.

EDIT: just read the posts above me... looks like that is sort of redundant...

Motep
06-18-2007, 15:13
Might as well keep Ichigo...at least he's entertaining. Though, its not like we have any better atarget for the lynch. Ah well...Im leaving it at abstain...

Andres
06-18-2007, 17:12
There's a tie right now:

Ichigo : 1 (CountArach)
CountArach: 1 (Ichigo)
No lynch : 1 (Omanes)

May I remind you all that voting abstain will be ignored and not be considered as a valid vote.

If there is still a tie on tuesday 17th of June at 1.00 pm (my timezone: GMT +1), there will be no lynch.

:bow:

Csargo
06-18-2007, 17:14
There's a tie right now:

Ichigo : 1 (CountArach)
CountArach: 1 (Ichigo)

May I remind you all that voting abstain will be ignored and not be considered as a valid vote.

If there is still a tie on tuesday 17th of June at 1.00 pm (my timezone: GMT +1), there will be no lynch.

I voted Sasaki

Sasaki Kojiro
06-18-2007, 18:50

Attempt to find guilty party by using evidence from the nightkills, evidence which is easily placed by mafia.

Omanes seems to be defending Ichigo.

Csargo
06-18-2007, 19:19

Attempt to find guilty party by using evidence from the nightkills, evidence which is easily placed by mafia.

Omanes seems to be defending Ichigo.

You got anything better to go off of?

Sasaki Kojiro
06-18-2007, 19:21
That's plenty good.

Forgot to say, Omanes also suggested no-lynch.

Csargo
06-18-2007, 19:25
That's plenty good.

Forgot to say, Omanes also suggested no-lynch.

You've got nothing on me.

Andres
06-18-2007, 21:21
I voted Sasaki

That's right. Sorry :embarassed:

In case of a tie, the day will last until the tie is broken. If the tie lasts for more than 24 hours, there will be no lynch.

Sasaki broke the tie. Ichigo is lynched. Write-up will follow. Consider it night.

Vote tally:

Ichigo : 2 (CountArach, Sasaki Kojiro)
Sasaki: 1 (Ichigo)

Csargo
06-18-2007, 21:24
:no: :huh: :end:

Andres
06-18-2007, 21:47
Day 1 Events:

After Andres MacCineyBlonds' speech, the townspeople returned home. They were still in shock by the presence of six bottles of still water in their beloved alcoholic town.

After a few drinks in the warmth of their houses, some of them still remembered Andres MacCineyBlond said something about voting. Most of the inhabitants of Drunkardplace just fell asleep in their houses, still recovering from their hangover...

In the local pub, there was some discussion about the subject.

All of the sudden, a few strangers came in the pub, but they were quickly kicked out after a good ol' bar fight.

Two or three drunkards managed to cast a vote. Than they all fell asleep.

All of the sudden, another villager stumbled inside the pub and pointed his finger at John MacDrunk.

"Ok", Andres MacCineyBlond said, "I guess we reached our final decision".

" Mister John MacDrunk, apparently, these drunkards have decided that you are a MacSober", Andres said. "Don't blame me my friend. I don't know how they came to that decision, after seeing you drink three crates of beer an a bottle of whisky this afternoon..."

"Anyway, do you have any last words?," Andres asked John.

John answered: :barrel: --> :sleeping:

Hm, ok, carry him outside please.

The villagers carried the passed out John MacDrunk outside. They were very excited to see eight gigantic whisky barrels standing in front of the pub.

"Ok," Andres said, "Just place one full barrel on top of Mister MacDrunk. Afterwards, we'll drink the content of the barrel. Once it's empty, we remove the barrel to see if he is dead. If he isn't, we just repeat the procedure with the next barrel, and the next, and the next, ... until he's dead."

And allthough the first full barrel crushed all of John MacDrunks' bones, killing him within seconds, the town decided to repeat the procedure seven times, just to be sure...

Still alive (9):

Motep
Crazed Rabbit
CountArach
Omanes
Greaterkhaan
Sasaki
Warmaster Horus
Faust
sapi

Killed (2):

Lynched (1):

Ichigo (John MacDrunk)

Humiliated (0):

PM's please... Night will end tomorrow evening at 10.00 pm (GMT +1), which is more or less within 23 hours real life time.

Csargo
06-18-2007, 22:46
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9d/Loituma.gif

FOOLISH FOOLY FOOLS MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS FOR KILLING AN INNOCENT.

Motep
06-18-2007, 23:42
Such a pity...damn it all...I forgot abstain was not an option! :shame: Sorry, Ichigo, I failed to save you...

Csargo
06-18-2007, 23:55
Wooooo lynch sasaki. HIT HIM WITH THE LEEK

pevergreen
06-19-2007, 01:09
i thought i was alive :sweatdrop:

Crazed Rabbit
06-19-2007, 02:06
Wow...that was quick.

Crazed Rabbit

Motep
06-19-2007, 19:50
Ichigo...give me the leek.

Andres
06-19-2007, 21:10
ANNOUNCEMENT : Warmaster Horus will be replaced by Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca (formerly known as Caius Flaminius).

Andres
06-19-2007, 22:12
Night 2 events

Nothing, nadda, njet, niks, rien.

Nobody died tonight.

It's day. Start voting.

Stig
06-19-2007, 22:53
I know who one of the mafia was, guess who was inactive?

Sasaki Kojiro
06-19-2007, 22:59
WH(now caius) was inactive. If we are to believe him mafia than Ichigo must have been mafia as well.

It's perfectly possible for that to have been deliberate though.

Stig
06-19-2007, 23:03
Ichigo is named MacDrunk, not MacSober

lynch Sasaki!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now where is that bandwagon smiley?

Sasaki Kojiro
06-19-2007, 23:13
The name tells guilt/innocence?

The lack of kills is no evidence against WH then, as you suggested it was.

Csargo
06-20-2007, 00:43
The name tells guilt/innocence?

The lack of kills is no evidence against WH then, as you suggested it was.

Yes it does.

Faust|
06-20-2007, 01:04

Seems like suspicious behavior in this post.

Vote: CountArach

CountArach: 1 (Faust)

CountArach
06-20-2007, 04:33
Explain.

Motep
06-20-2007, 17:16
Talk, CA

Vote: CountArach

Sasaki Kojiro
06-20-2007, 18:31
vote:motep

Sasaki Kojiro
06-20-2007, 18:34
although actually countArach is really suspicous. unvote

Not knowing the townies had a pm is a definite scum indicator. I thought he had said something that indicated a pro town role earlier but on reread he did not.

Andres
06-20-2007, 19:09
This round will be extended until tomorrow evening 10.00 pm (GMT +1).

Csargo
06-20-2007, 19:58
Bandwagon Sasaki.

seireikhaan
06-20-2007, 21:32
Vote: Faust. He seems to be playing like he did in Kung fu mafia when he was mafia. One post, and beginning the bandwagon against an easy target.

Count Arach 2(Motep, Faust)
Faust 1(Greaterkhaan)

Sasaki Kojiro
06-20-2007, 21:49
What do you think of CountA's post gk?

seireikhaan
06-21-2007, 00:19
What do you think of CountA's post gk?

It certainly seems odd. I'm awating an explanation myself. However, I'm worried that we'll have the mafia hiding behind him and using him as a shield.

Csargo
06-21-2007, 00:35
:wall: Sasaki votes me without any care about randomly lynching a townie. Then questions my innocence afterwards even though the two other guys killed the night before have similar names to mine. Revealing the names of people is like revealing their roles, if it wasn't then there would be no need to do such a thing. Just lynch Sasaki please.

Ichigo (John MacDrunk)

Crazed Rabbit
06-21-2007, 02:21
Well, I'm going to
vote: Sasaki
for two reasons - he did put the lynch vote on Ichigo very quickly.

And he seems to be stretching evidence against CA.

Do we know why there were no kills?

Crazed Rabbit

Caius
06-21-2007, 02:27
Vote:Abstain

No clue wtf is going here.

Crazed Rabbit
06-21-2007, 02:47
Caius, are you sure you're in this game?

Crazed Rabbit

Caius
06-21-2007, 02:52
ANNOUNCEMENT : Warmaster Horus will be replaced by Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca (formerly known as Caius Flaminius).
Ahem.

Faust|
06-21-2007, 04:04
:wall: Sasaki votes me without any care about randomly lynching a townie. Then questions my innocence afterwards even though the two other guys killed the night before have similar names to mine. Revealing the names of people is like revealing their roles, if it wasn't then there would be no need to do such a thing. Just lynch Sasaki please.

Where did he question your innocence after you were lynched? If he did, then that's important. But I thought he just gave an if-then scenario.

As for CA, there are two things odd about his post. The first has to do with the content:

Originally Posted by CountArach

There's no reason that it should look suspicious. I'm fairly confident just based on this that CA has a role.

The second has to do with his tone:

Originally Posted by CountArach

The first two sentences waffle on the issue, looking very scummy. Seems more concerned with CA's image than the matter at hand. The edit definitely makes it seem like CA is far too concerned with his appearance to the townies, as it is a totally unnecessary and useless edit.

*Plus it was a ninja edit (notice there is no edit message at the bottom of the post), so the post must have been edited within a minute or so after being sent. CA, however, says that between the time that he posted and edited his post he read the posts above his. So, taking away time spent loading page 3, loading the edit page, and typing the edit message, it seems to me CA is left with very little time to read and make sense of those posts. It seems more likely to me that he sent an original message, thought better of some part of it using mafia judgement, edited that part and then left our edit message as an explanation for his edit (as he probably could not have been sure it would be a ninja-edit).

So in all I have some rational reasons and a suspicious tone and manner to vote him with.

Faust|
06-21-2007, 04:06
GK is also ever so slightly more suspicious to me now because of his comment and vote for me.

CountArach
06-21-2007, 07:19
Alright I admit it. I have a role.

I am a Vigilante - Andres said that it didn't appear on the role list because it is secret... or was. I can kill someone every second night, though I chose not to last night because I had no idea who to kill, too few people look truly suspicious last round. So yeah, I really wish I hadn't have said what I did, I regret it now, as it means I am probably dead. Any doctors or anything - I would really appreciate protection.

Also, any ideas on who to night kill? Seeing as I didn't use it last time, I can do it tonight. Might as well help before I die.

sapi
06-21-2007, 08:08
Vote: Sasaki

Trust CA until he fails to deliver

Andres
06-21-2007, 08:10
Vote:Abstain

Ahem...

Voting abstain will be ignored and will not be considered as a vote. Voting no lynch is perfectly valid though.

Not voting during two subsequent days will result in something similar to WoG, but far more cruel and embarassing (expect public humiliation :evil:)

Sasaki Kojiro
06-21-2007, 16:15
hmm I'm wondering if I believe CA. Every 2nd night would mean he couldn't kill tonight (3rd night). And vig is very easy to fake as mafia.

btw, I questioned CA via pm about his post, if I was mafia I could have eliminated a power role right there.

I'll vote vote:sapi for bandwagoning instead.

Andres
06-22-2007, 08:42
Vote tally:

CA: 2 (Faust, Motep)
Faust: 1 (Greaterkhaan)
Sasaki: 2 (Crazed Rabbit, sapi)
sapi: 1 (Sasaki)

Sasaki or CA will be lynched.

This day will last until the tie is broken. If the tie is not broken at 9.00 am tomorrow morning (+/- 23 hours from now), there will be no lynch.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-22-2007, 15:37
hmm well I'm not a power role. buuuuut I'm not sure I believe countA.

vote:CountA

Andres
06-22-2007, 15:58
Day 2 Events:

After the big barrels of whisky-party and the quite, peaceful night, all the townspeople were becoming from their most recent hangovers.

They started to realise that by lynching John MacDrunk, they made a mistake and allthough they slept safely last night, they knew the killings wouldn't stop yet...

And thus they came together in the local pub and started discussing while drinking away their hangovers with gin.

Several townies fell asleep during the gathering and from time to time, Andres MacCineyBlond had to slap a few of them in the face to get their attention back to the matters at hand.

Finally, they reached the verdict and they chose to lynch Mister, eh..., ehrm...

The crowd started to murmur: "Who is this guy? He is not one of us? He's no inhabitant of Drunkardplace, is he?"

Andres said: "Oh come on, does it really matter? I have this swimming pool filled with the finest russian Wodka. Let's throw him in it. If he drowns, he must be guilty."

The townies were delighted by this swimming pool and everybody secretly hoped the unknown guy would drown. It didn't actually matter if he was guilty or not, as long as they could start drinking the content of the swimming pool.

"No, no, no", the unknown figure started to yell. "I confess, I confess, it's me, Desert MacSober from Boredom. Whatever you do with me, please don't throw me in a pool of alcohol".

The mob got angry. This was taking too long. "Shut up," they shouted, "die quickly so we can start our drinking festival."

"But please, have mercy, I'm allergic too alcohol."

The mob couldn't wait any more longer and they ran to the swimming pool. In the process, Desert MacSobers' sober body got crushed by the running masses, leaving him as a dead pile of human remnants.

But nobody really cared, since there was a swimming pool filled with vodka. Later on, somebody came to the idea to roast that unrecognisable pile of flesh and to add some garlic to it.

And thus, Desert MacSober ended as a kebab in the stomaches of the Drunkardplacers...

Still alive (8):

Motep
Crazed Rabbit
Omanes
Greaterkhaan
Sasaki
Warmaster Horus
Faust
sapi

Killed (2):

Lynched (2):

Ichigo (John MacDrunk)
CountArach (Desert MacSober)

Humiliated (0):

It's night. PM's please...

Crazed Rabbit
06-22-2007, 16:01
Hmm, once again Sasaki breaks the tie and kills a person. Of course, this time he was more ... personally involved. I guess we'll see if the lynch choice was better for the town this time.

Crazed Rabbit
EDIT:Well, looks like one of those filthy teetotalers has met their demise. Also, please note Andres' post was posted 3 minutes before mine, while I was typing this. Just FYI, so I don't look like an idiot.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-22-2007, 16:36
gotta love the instincts

sapi
06-23-2007, 06:00
gotta love the instincts
So you break off your vote on me for no reason except to save yourself, lynching an innocent in the process?

Faust|
06-23-2007, 16:43
So you break off your vote on me for no reason except to save yourself, lynching an innocent in the process?

He was mafia...

Stig
06-23-2007, 16:52
Sapi, being mafia, didn't think about the names and thought he could give his mafia friend CA the label innocent.

Andres
06-23-2007, 16:55
Night 3 Events:

The drunken man came home from the wild lynching of MacSober stumbling. He had gotten totally sloshed from the pool of Vodka and the wild party that followed.
Usually, he would have a small snack before passing out on the couch or in the bathroom, but this time he was full from the kebabs. But, being drunk, he only remembered that after crashing into the fridge and falling back while opening the door. He stood for a moment gazing at the contents, unsure of what to do. Finally, he spotted a near empty wine bottle and grabbed it. Struggling to stand upright, he poured the liquid down his throat.
After the last drop entered his mouth, he dropped the thick glass bottle on the floor. The thud of an empty liquor bottle was one of his favorite sounds. He waited, but it seemed that this bottle was taking an especially long time to fall. Puzzled, he turned to look at where he dropped it, and was startled to see a dark figure standing behind him, holding the wine bottle.
“Hello, Ben. Did you have fun losing control of yourself to spirits?”
“Who are you?” a stunned Ben MacCirose asked.
“Is it not obvious? I have complete control and coordination of my body, my words are not slurred, and I stand upright. You must balance yourself against your table to stop from falling down, and a disgusting caricature of man.”
“You...you aren't drunk!” exclaimed Ben.
“Congratulations, you vermin. You still retain the logic capabilities of a toddler. Yes, I am not drunk. That means I was not drinking at the party. That means I am not an inhabitant of this cesspool of a town. That means I am a MacSober.”
“A MacSober! But, but...”stammered Ben MacCirose, unsteadily backing up.
“Yes, a MacSober. And that means I am here to kill you. Prepare to die, scum.”
And with that Dry MacSober hit Ben MacCirose on the side of the head with the empty wine bottle. Ben MacCirose fell back, screaming in pain, clutching his head, and sprawled over the back of his couch.
“Think of this as an object lesson in the dangers of the bottle,” said Dry, smashing the bottle over Ben's back, who fell off the couch. Dry picked up an empty beer bottle from the floor, and shattered it on Ben's head. Ben MacCirose cried out again and stumbled towards his door. Dry shoved him to one side, and he fell against his coat rack.
“You are pathetic and disgusting. A child could kill you,” said Dry, smashing another beer bottle on Ben's head. Ben MacCiroseyelled and launched himself in the general vicinity of Dry. Dry stood and watched as Ben MacCirose lunged past him into a wall, then picked up an empty vodka bottle. He grabbed Ben by his stained collar and used the bottom of the bottle like a chisel to smash Ben's nose.
“Your like disgusts me, you drunken lout. Your weak will and slavish devotion to the bottle are symptons of a cancer infecting the human race. And like a doctor, I must removed the diseased region.”
Again Dry hit the nose of the whimpering Ben MacCirose, who was clutching his face in pain.
“Is this your idea of a meaningful life? Complete surrender to spirits? Blackouts and partying you won't remember the next morn?”
Another whack on Ben's nose, who yelled and shuddered.
“Tonight, in your unsatiable lust for booze, you trampled a good man to death as he begged for mercy, and then cooked and ate his flesh! How can you claim to be human, you grotesque monster?!”
And with that exclamation, he brought the vodka bottle down on Ben's nose for a third time with great strength, completely shattering his nose and sending the fragments into his brain.
Dry dropped the bloody and drooling body to the ground and walked out the front door.

Across town, a drunk man sat on a bench, waiting for the nightly bus that traveled across town and drove the drunks home. He was feeling good from the party, and would occasionally take a sip from a brown paper bag he held.
A man came up to him.
“Would you like to play a game, fiend? It's lots of fun.”
The drunkard perked up, “Sure, man, I love games.”
“Great, I knew you would. This game is called 'Can you run as fast as a bus' and if you win you get the most valuable prize of all,” the stranger said.
“Free alcohol?! Sure, sure, I'll do it!”
“Just follow me over here then,” said the stranger, walking to the side of the bench.
As the drunk wobbled after him, the bus approached. It stopped and drunken passengers began to stumble out. The stranger led his man around behind the bus and produced a rope and length of cloth from his pocket.
“It's simple, really. You just stand back here and try to run as fast as the bus,” the stranger said.
“Oh, that's going to be hard. Buses go real fast and I'm kinda buzzed.”
“Of course. Only buzzed, not a complete drunk. After all, you are thé World Champion of Drinking! But I've got something to help you, Helmut,” the stranger said, tying his hands with the rope, then tying the rope to the back bumper of the bus.
“Hey man, what are you doing? This don't look right.” said an increasingly jittery Helmut MacStrohrum.
“You drunkards are so slow. Still you have not noticed that I am not drunk, which can only mean one thing. I am a MacSober, and you are going to die. Because spirits have dulled what little wit you had, you agreed to be tied to the back of the bus. This bus is soon going to depart and travel up to 60 kilometers per hour. Your body will be slowly ground into bits of flesh and a lot of blood.” Dry MacSober said, an old calm about his face as he spoke so coldly of a man's death.
Helmut began to scream, but Dry quickly gagged him with the cloth as Helmut MacStrohrum struggled to free himself. The big bus lurched forward, and Helmut remained upright for less than ten steps.
Throughout the night his was dragged, and in the morning the streets were red with his blood.

Still alive (6):

Crazed Rabbit
Omanes
Greaterkhaan
Sasaki
Warmaster Horus
sapi

Killed (2):

Faust (Ben MacCirose)
Motep (Helmut MacStrohrum)

Lynched (2):

Ichigo (John MacDrunk)

Humiliated (0):

It's day. Start voting.

Caius
06-23-2007, 21:20
WH doesnt play anymore, Andres...

Sasaki Kojiro
06-23-2007, 21:23
i'll vote;sapi for now in case i'm not back in time

sapi
06-24-2007, 05:33
Oh, @@#$, that'll teach me to skim-read :wall:

With a mistake like that, I probably deserve to be lynched, but it won't do the town any good ~:(

Andres
06-24-2007, 11:24
WH doesnt play anymore, Andres...

You're right. This is the correct list:

Still alive (6):

Crazed Rabbit
Omanes
Greaterkhaan
Sasaki
Garcilaso (aka Caius)
sapi

Killed (4):

Faust (Ben MacCirose)

Lynched (2):

Ichigo (John MacDrunk)

Humiliated (0):

Andres
06-24-2007, 12:33
3 players posted and only 1 of them bothered to vote thus far.

Guess I'll have to extend this day phase...

Or do you guys prefer me to blow up the town?

sapi
06-24-2007, 14:12
Andres, I'm sorry for not voting, but given my horrible blunder earlier, anything that I do will result in an instant lynch campaign against my person.

Suppose I have to, though.

Vote: Omanes - lurking big time

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-24-2007, 15:10
What's wrong with lurking, there's nothing much to discuss at this current moment in time.

Faust|
06-24-2007, 16:37
If I was alive I'd vote...

(...for sapi) :beam:

Crazed Rabbit
06-24-2007, 17:16
I'm going to vote: Sapi.

The MacSober name was bolded in the lynch write-up, along with other posts that meant he would have to had skimmed past practically everything if he was telling the truth. We caught the first mafioso through a slip up in his post, and now we might have caught the last one.

What's wrong with lurking, there's nothing much to discuss at this current moment in time.

Um...where deciding who to lynch, which is rather important for the town. This seems scummy, but given your past behavior you might just be a townie.

Crazed Rabbit

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-24-2007, 18:00
Vote: sapi

I'm bandwaggoning really - I have to admit that in hardly any mafia games, have I ever thought for myself, I've almost always been the puppet or follower of another player, and have never questioned them and their actions, and really I don't think that I could play it any other way.

seireikhaan
06-25-2007, 00:42
Vote: Omanes

Claims there's nothing wrong with lurking and bandwagons to boot. Very scummy.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-25-2007, 02:14
unvote

Should be tied now, we need to talk more.

Omanes, that's a really scummy reason for a vote.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-25-2007, 07:17
I knew somebody would point that out, it was almost obvious. I am, however, relying on reverse logic as I have done previously, to keep myself out of the frame. Would a mafioso be as foolish as to make it publicly clear that he was scum in the thread?

sapi
06-25-2007, 13:52
You can always triple-guess double-guessing.

That argument doesn't hold.

Andres
06-25-2007, 14:15
This round will end at 6 pm (within +/- 3 hours).

If there's still a tie by then, the round will be extended and it will last until the tie is broken.

However, if the tie isn't broken at 6 pm tomorrow evening, there will be no lynch.

Faust|
06-25-2007, 16:53
You can always triple-guess double-guessing.

That argument doesn't hold.

It is actually riskier than trying to hide.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-25-2007, 17:35
hmm I will Vote:sapi

Omanes usually acts like this and sapi tried to get us to trust CA.

Andres
06-25-2007, 21:01
Day 3 events

The drunkards of Drunkardplace came to a decision rather quickly, or so they thought. As a matter of fact, they all slept for several hours before saying something substantial… But who cares? Nobody really remembers anyway.

At last, after a few coughs of Andres MacCineyBlond, they reached a decision. Poor ol’ Dean MacCirose was about to get lynched.

“Ok”, Andres said, “you have made up your mind. Our good friend Dean MacCirose will be lynched. I guess it has something to do with him peeing in the swimming pool last night?”

The townies nodded. Who cared about MacSobers on a killing spree when there was a guy peeing in precious Wodka?

“Ok, Mister MacCirose, officially, you will be lynched because of the several killings that have occurred the last few nights, but we all now why you are facing dead,” Andres said.

“But I don’t. I remember nothing! I was drunk last night,” Dean said.

“Eh, but off course you were. After all, this is Drunkardplace. Tie him up!”

Dean was tied to a nearby tree.

“I have a special announcement, dear townies. For tonight I have ordered 5.000 bottles of the excellent Veuve Clicquot and…”

“Veuve what?”, the townies asked.

"Come on guys, you cannot be thát barbaric?"

The townies responded: ~:confused:

Andres sighed. “Champagne, you bunch of idio...”

“Champions? What Champions? We don't care about Champio...”

“Shut up! Bottles filled with a liquid that contains alcohol!!! Happy now?”.

The town cheered and all were looking happy.

“When you open a bottle, this (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=LA22jK7VHL4) will happen. Thus, every time when you open a bottle, you aim it at Dean MacCirose.”

In no time, Dean got hit by five thousand corks and he died a rather unpleasant dead.

Not that anybody in Drunkardplace cared though…

Still alive (5):

Crazed Rabbit
Omanes
Greaterkhaan
Sasaki
Garcilaso (aka Caius)

Killed (4):

Faust (Ben MacCirose)

Lynched (3):

Ichigo (John MacDrunk)
sapi (Dean MacCirose)

Humiliated (0):

It’s night, pm’s please.

Faust|
06-26-2007, 03:46
Wow. Good luck, town. One more chance.

Csargo
06-26-2007, 03:47
Sasaki ~;)

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-26-2007, 07:56
As I've said before, we now need to think through the phycology of the hoster - Andres. Who would he want to assign as mafia? Possibly Caius? He is pretty inactive in other games and in this one, since he claims, that he is playing MP in an old game of his. Is this a valid excuse? He is also invisible, as if he is hiding something.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-26-2007, 15:33
We have a good chance.

Caius
06-26-2007, 15:38
As I've said before, we now need to think through the phycology of the hoster - Andres. Who would he want to assign as mafia? Possibly Caius? He is pretty inactive in other games and in this one, since he claims, that he is playing MP in an old game of his. Is this a valid excuse? He is also invisible, as if he is hiding something.
www.jelly-server.com

Look for GeneralCF (yes, GeneralCaiusFlaminius)
Im between 100-150
If you check that in a pair of days, that will change

Also:

As I've said before, we now need to think through the phycology of the hoster - Andres.
In mafia games, roles are assigned randomly, since that would give everyone a chance of having a role

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-26-2007, 17:57
Not always Caius - in my mini-mafia, roles were assigned by suitability.

Andres
06-26-2007, 19:33
Maybe I need to clarify this: all roles were assigned randomly.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-26-2007, 20:07
Thanks for the clarification Andres. So much for thinking physiologically :shame:

BTW, Garcilaso, you still haven't said why you are using invisibility?

seireikhaan
06-26-2007, 20:22
Folks, we need to lynch Omanes next round. He's pure scum right now. First he says that he always ends up not thinking for himself and being someone else's puppet. Then he goes on some spiel about how we need to psychoanalyze the mafia. He's not being consistent and needs to be punished for his sobriety.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-26-2007, 20:37
greaterkhaan, may I point out that I was not calling for the analysis of the mafia, I was calling for the analysis of the host. Obviously, other than that, I can't defend myself very well, other than say "I'm a townie called Ian MacDrunk", although that won't work, will it?

greaterkhaan, I am lead to believe that you may be a MacSober after what you have said. Remember that Orb, who was attacking me in the thread over night in Kung Fu mafia, was lynched rather than me for his actions the following morning. He turned out to be mafia. You, performing the same action as him, makes me think you are not as innocent as you seem to be.

Andres
06-26-2007, 21:46
Night 4 Events

A man strode purposefully down a street in Drunkardplace. It was late in the evening, and the few remaining residents of Drunkardplace were at their homes, getting drunk on champagne.
The man came to a house and went to the backyard. There, Amish MacDrink had filled an inflatable pool with liquor, and scores of empty bottles lay about. He turned to greet his visitor. They chatted for a few minutes about the best types of booze. Then, the visitor suggested Amish pour alcohol all over himself before beginning to drink from his pool - “It would be more fun”. Amish, being drunk, agreed.
When he had drench himself in alcohol, he turned to the stranger and asked why he hadn't also poured alcohol over himself.
“Because it is your time to die, Amish MacDrink. Your sins have caught up with you, and I have no more use of you. Your dead will serve as a message to the world. The hedonistic drunkards that infect mankind will see your punishment, and reflect upon their ways.”
“Oh no! You're a...”
“Yes! A MacSober! And today I send you to Hell!” And with that Dry MacSober threw a lit match at Amish, who burst into flame.
“Let this be your punishment for rotting the human spirit!” yelled Dry, kicking Amish in the chest and sending him stumbling backwards. Dry had already turned around when Amish fell into his pool of alcohol, which, with a great whoosh, turned into a pillar of fire.
Dry MacSober made his way down the street as the body of Amish MacDrink cooled in his backyard.

Sometime later, across town, Sean MacHangover was watching TV and drinking beer. The show seemed to get funnier as more bottles piled up alongside the chair. Then, someone knocked upon the door. Sean stumbled up to the door and opened it. He saw a man standing in the darkness, holding something at waist level.
“Huh?”
“Time to die, scum,” was all Sean heard before two barrels of shotgun ripped apart his stomach. Dry MacSober walked away as Sean MacHangover screamed out in pain, dying ten minutes later on his doorstep.

Still alive (3):

Crazed Rabbit
Omanes
Greaterkhaan

Killed (6):

Faust (Ben MacCirose)
Sasaki (Amish MacDrink)
Garcilaso (aka Caius) (Sean MacHangover)

Lynched (3):

Ichigo (John MacDrunk)
sapi (Dean MacCirose)

Humiliated (0):

It’s day. Start voting.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-26-2007, 23:02
I think omanes is innocent and GK is guilty.

But I wonder about CR being alive. CR, will you say "I swear I'm not mafia"?

It's probable he was left alive on purpose to create this kind of wonder.

Csargo
06-26-2007, 23:21
I think omanes is innocent and GK is guilty.

But I wonder about CR being alive. CR, will you say "I swear I'm not mafia"?

It's probable he was left alive on purpose to create this kind of wonder.

He already said that.

Sasaki Kojiro
06-26-2007, 23:30
It was slightly ambiguous.

Crazed Rabbit
06-27-2007, 06:07
Ichigo's right - I already said I'm not mafia.

I won't be online for some 20 hours from now. Will comment more then.

Crazed Rabbit

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-27-2007, 06:36
I think omanes is innocent and GK is guilty.I knew that that would backfire upon you greaterkhaan. As I have said, the same happened to Orb in Kung Fu mafia, he chased me around for the whole Night Phase, trying to prove my guilt, when really, he was the one that was a mafioso.

Vote: greaterkhaan

Andres
06-27-2007, 21:13
Hmmm, 5 posts and only 1 vote thus far. Guess I'll have to extend this round ~:angry:

Csargo
06-27-2007, 21:58
Let Me Vote!
Let Me Vote!
Let Me Vote!
Let Me Vote!
Let Me Vote!

Sasaki Kojiro
06-27-2007, 23:33
gk, tie it up with a vote on omanes so we can extend discussion some more. We really need it, there haven't been enough posts to get much evidence against anyone.

Someone with more time than me should reread a past game (i'm thinking stigs mini mafia) and see if omanes' behavior is indeed characteristic.

Csargo
06-27-2007, 23:45
gk, tie it up with a vote on omanes so we can extend discussion some more. We really need it, there haven't been enough posts to get much evidence against anyone.

Someone with more time than me should reread a past game (i'm thinking stigs mini mafia) and see if omanes' behavior is indeed characteristic.

Omanes is extremely cautious when he's mafia more so than normal.

:sharky:

Crazed Rabbit
06-28-2007, 06:04
I know Omanes acted very scummy in Kung Fu Mafia - he put the lynch vote on me and was generally clueless. Nevertheless, he turned out innocent, despite more scummy activity after I had been lynched.

That knowledge, combined with this post of GK's;

Folks, we need to lynch Omanes next round. He's pure scum right now. First he says that he always ends up not thinking for himself and being someone else's puppet. Then he goes on some spiel about how we need to psychoanalyze the mafia. He's not being consistent and needs to be punished for his sobriety.

Makes me think that Gk is the mafia. He's pushing really hard for a lynch of Omanes, just like Orb (mafia in KFM) was in KFM.

Vote: greaterkhaan

Crazed Rabbit

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-28-2007, 07:07
I regret what I did in Kung Fu mafia to you CR. I didn't read the whole thread for evidence against you - I only saw one page of it. If I had, I probably would have continued with my previous vote. Sorry for that.

Unless either of us change our vote, then I think greaterkhaan will have been lynched. It would have been very nice to see him defend himself though.

Andres
06-28-2007, 16:10
Day will end in approximately 5 hours.

Andres
06-28-2007, 21:39
greaterkhaan is lynched.

Write-up will follow.

Warmaster Horus
06-29-2007, 19:52
So? Who won? Town, or mafia?

Andres
06-29-2007, 23:24
Day 4 Events

https://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3449/mafiaimagerc3.png

The inhabitants of Drunkardplace debated briefly before deciding who to lynch. The two villagers tied the condemned to a chair, then went out to a bar to celebrate. Since the bartender was dead, they made their own drinks and tipped heavily. The alcohol let them forget most of their neighbors had been killed by the accursed MacSobers, who seemed to have an unearthly ability to move and speak coherently at night.
As the clock ticked off six o' clock, they took their captive down to the town square. There, Andres waited for the final lynch. Dark gray clouds gathered in the sky.
“Ah, I see you have made your choice. Finally. You've chosen Carl MacDrink. Hmm, that certainly doesn't sound like a MacSober name. Carl MacDrink, you will be forced to drink this plastic jug of fortified wine. If you survive, we will know that you are innocent.”
And so one arm of Carl was untied, that he might drink the wine. He eagerly took the jug and began to drain its contents down his throat. Something was wrong, however. Carl gagged, dropped the jug and screamed, clutching his throat.
Andres saw the liquid start eating away at the concrete and Carl's clothes where it had splashed, “It's acid! The jug was full of acid!”
Carl coughed violently several times, hacking up blood, then fell over, still tied to the chair. After a few more haunting gasps and gurgles, he made no further sound. Andres took one look at the body, muttered quickly to himself something about sabotage, then quickly exited the square, walking towards his car.

Only two living people remained in the town square. Ian MacDrunk had stood stunned while Carl MacDrink died, but now turned to look at the man standing next to him. He had stopped his drunken stumbling, and put on a fedora. He no longer looked like some drunk in a long coat. The trenchcoat was smoothed, the hat pulled low, so that his eyes were barely visible.
“Hello, Ian.”
The voice sent a chill down Ian's spine; it was completely free of any slurring. That could mean only one thing.
“You...are...the MacSober!”
“Yes, I am. Want to play a game?”
Ian screamed and ran away. Dry pulled out a .357 revolver and shot him in the leg. As Ian MacDrunk lay moaning in pain, Dry walked up and began dragging him towards a nearby car.
“The game is called 'Beat the everliving crap out of Ian then throw his wretched body off a cliff'. Now it's time to go on a ride.”
Dry MacSober tied Ian up and threw him in the back of the car. They visited all the bars in the town, and Dry MacSober hauled Ian into each of them and broke most of the various stools and glasses littering the floor over Ian's increasingly bloody body. As they exited each one, Dry set fire to it.
Finally, as the sun began to disappear below the hills surrounding town, Dry drove towards the ocean. The burnt remains of Drunkardplace smoldered behind them. Dry had salted the earth, that it might become like a desert. The car crested a hill and came to a small bluff overlooking a rocky shore, with the tide far out.
Dry dragged Ian out to the edge of the bluff. Rain was pounding down, but the sun still peeked out far under the horizon, sending shafts of light over the dark sea. Dry's trenchcoat flapped behind, pushed by the wind, as he stood and stared out at the ocean. Ian groaned, covered in his own blood, at Dry's feet. They stayed there for several minutes.
“The ocean is calling you, Ian. Can you hear it? Sounds almost like it's from another space and time.”
Dry went back to the car and pulled an old metal ball and chain from the trunk.
“I don't think this will be necessary, but I'm never one to not make sure of a job.”
He returned to the huddled figure of Ian MacDrunk and crouched low, speaking softly.
“I'm going to throw you to your death, but your death will not come from the fall. Oh, I'm sure you'll break another bone or two from the rocks, but eventually the tide will come in. And you won't be able to avoid it. The water will come up around you, and you'll crawl up on some rock while the water rises up to your mouth. I hear drowning is a bad death - you gasp for breath, for oxygen that isn't there.”
Dry affixed the chains to Ian's ankles, then dragged him to the edge, pulling him upright. Ian noticed Dry was wearing white gloves.
“So here we are, sinner. Though your town was small, its eradication has served mankind. Your disgusting life, your inhuman killing of Desert, has brought you here, to the edge of your oblivion. The ocean is calling you, Ian.”

Still alive (1):

Crazed Rabbit

Killed (6):

Faust (Ben MacCirose)
Sasaki (Amish MacDrink)
Garcilaso (aka Caius) (Sean MacHangover)
Omanes (Ian MacDrunk)

Lynched (4):

Ichigo (John MacDrunk)
sapi (Dean MacCirose)
Greaterkhaan (Carl MacDrink)

Humiliated (0):

Result = Mafia Victory !!

Crazed Rabbit
06-29-2007, 23:37
Ha, sweet victory! Eat that, drunkards! Sobriety reigns supreme!

And with no kills on night 2, also!

Crazed 'Dry MacSober' Rabbit

Andres
06-29-2007, 23:40
Not bad for a drunken post.

Bwaha...

NOonnoen noticed I drunk too much Cognac.

You know, it took me about 45 minutes to get that postha correct. Bu t I did dit!

Bwahn, a fitting end for an alochool inspired mafia.

Next gamme will be bgased on cognac. Otard! Good stuff.

Thnx for playing. Writu -up when I'm sober agiana!

Cee ya.

CountArach
06-30-2007, 00:33
lmao... Andres, that post above me is the best post you have ever made.

Well done CR, my fellow Comrade.

Caius
06-30-2007, 00:35
Well done!

Heh, seems that Andres celebrated for the mafia!

seireikhaan
06-30-2007, 07:18
Oh great, that's what I get for missing four days from internet. I didn't even get a chance to defend myself because I was on vacation and my buddy's internet crapped out on his laptop. Oh well.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-30-2007, 07:46
Well done Crazed Rabbit - you had me completly confused there. I was almost confident that greaterkhaan was a MacSober. Congratulations.

Great game Andres!

CountArach
06-30-2007, 22:05
I must say it was great the way sapi dug himself a grave (So to speak).

sapi
07-01-2007, 06:08
I must say it was great the way sapi dug himself a grave (So to speak).
yeah - I can't believe I misread that - I was just reading this thread too quickly to catch up and didn't notice the identity of the recently deceased mafia ~:(

Crazed Rabbit
07-01-2007, 07:46
I blame it on your drunken antics ~;p

I also like how my plan to leave Omanes and GK alive worked out so well.

CR

seireikhaan
07-01-2007, 17:50
I blame it on your drunken antics ~;p

I also like how my plan to leave Omanes and GK alive worked out so well.

CR

Yeah, it works even better when one of them is gone from the internet for four days and can't even defend himself.:wall: So basically you figured we would both find the other to be suspicious and we would end up lynching each other?

Edit: Only a sober person would ever conjure such a plan.

Also, here's what happend to CR's 'honest' reputation.:hanged:

Crazed Rabbit
07-01-2007, 20:10
Good sir, are you calling me a liar? I maintain I never said or swore any lie to be true.

Crazed Rabbit

seireikhaan
07-01-2007, 20:29
Ichigo's right - I already said I'm not mafia.

Hmm, care to explain this, then?

Crazed Rabbit
07-01-2007, 20:38
I said I already said that, but I had not, and you'll notice that I did not say that was true. Nor did I swear that to be true, as I always have to prove my innocence. I know one person (luckily not playing in this game) who correctly labeled me as mafia when I wrote that post, specifically because I did not swear I was innocent when asked by Sasaki.

CR

seireikhaan
07-01-2007, 20:45
Darn, I hate loopholes. Oh well, congrats on your victory.(and proving me wrong)

sapi
07-02-2007, 02:01
I said I already said that, but I had not, and you'll notice that I did not say that was true. Nor did I swear that to be true, as I always have to prove my innocence. I know one person (luckily not playing in this game) who correctly labeled me as mafia when I wrote that post, specifically because I did not swear I was innocent when asked by Sasaki.

CR
Nice loophole :grin2:

Kommodus
07-02-2007, 03:29
I know one person (luckily not playing in this game) who correctly labeled me as mafia when I wrote that post, specifically because I did not swear I was innocent when asked by Sasaki.

:eyebrows: :deal:

Then again, a claim on your part to not be mafia would be true anyway, since you were technically not a mafioso, but a MacSober... you could choose any angle you want.

A good strategy for the town is to make CR actually say "I am innocent and I swear this to be true." But it's better to make him say this towards the end of the game, rather than the beginning, as it can really hurt the mafia if done at the right time.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-02-2007, 15:07
hmm I thought there was something sketchy about CR's swearing. It's sweet that he pulled it through to victory though.