PDA

View Full Version : Questions.

Abarrman
06-17-2007, 01:20
What all is required to play this The Hyborian Age: Total War mod???

Taranaich
06-17-2007, 19:13
Just a copy of Medieval 2: Total War, patched up to date. I *might* migrate over to Kingdoms if there are things that can be done there that can't be done in Medieval, but I don't forsee anything like that, so it'll likely stay on M2 for the first release. :2thumbsup:

Murfios
06-18-2007, 02:08
Will there be elements of dark fantasy like zombies and werewolfs?

Taranaich
06-18-2007, 02:54
Oh hohoho, most certainly there shall. All manner of dark, twisted beings will make an appearance - werewolves, the undead, ghouls, vampires, demons, devils, and a ton of other nasties will feature.

I'll be making a special thread for these eldritch creatures soon, so watch this space.

Murfios
06-20-2007, 22:06
I will. You have one more fan.:balloon2:

Taranaich
06-22-2007, 18:51
Cheers, and thanks for the balloon.:book:

Helgi
06-30-2007, 19:30
Will you need any help as far as further information?

Taranaich
06-30-2007, 20:47
I'm ok as far as information is concerned, but I always welcome contributions regarding content for the mod. I think I'll make a Suggestion box thread for anyone who would like to suggest anything.

A balloon for you too! :balloon2:

Gurkhal
07-02-2007, 09:49
How come that only two of the factions have unite names in a non-English language? If lack regarding online dictionaries or free online translators is preventing you from giving all factions' names in a non-English language, I'd be happy to dig up resources for you.

Taranaich
07-02-2007, 19:02
How come that only two of the factions have unite names in a non-English language? If lack regarding online dictionaries or free online translators is preventing you from giving all factions' names in a non-English language, I'd be happy to dig up resources for you.

Pardon me? I wasn't aware I had any factions in non-English... ~:confused:

Gurkhal
07-03-2007, 10:12
The Cimmerians and the Brythuians (sp?) have unite names that are in, to my understanding, Celtic of some sort. Not that there is anything wrong with it, as I like it.

Taranaich
07-06-2007, 13:43
Ah, I understand.

Well, the ethnic naming of units is a bit undecided at the moment: on the one hand I think it would add to the immersion to have the unit names in an ethnic tongue consistent with their (fictional) lineage. This is consistent with the canon: Kothic Voivodes, Shemite Asshuri, and the various titles, not to mention the various languages and accents(!) of each country.

I might eventually just have a compromise, with most units with English names for clarity and ease, and the more unique units with exotic names, kind of like in vanilla M2. I just did the Cimmerians and Brythunians in gaelic and welsh because I'm most familiar with those languages, but I would do similar things for other countries for flavour.

Spartan198
12-27-2007, 05:29
Ah, I understand.

Well, the ethnic naming of units is a bit undecided at the moment: on the one hand I think it would add to the immersion to have the unit names in an ethnic tongue consistent with their (fictional) lineage. This is consistent with the canon: Kothic Voivodes, Shemite Asshuri, and the various titles, not to mention the various languages and accents(!) of each country.

I might eventually just have a compromise, with most units with English names for clarity and ease, and the more unique units with exotic names, kind of like in vanilla M2. I just did the Cimmerians and Brythunians in gaelic and welsh because I'm most familiar with those languages, but I would do similar things for other countries for flavour.
Totally. Go with ethnic names for the unique units,but clearify the meanings as clearly as you can.