PDA

View Full Version : New Spanish PBM

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 00:39
Hey! I've started a new Spanish PBM and was looking for recruits for people to play as the avatars. Since Spain has only 2 generals to start with, i will play the first 10 turns and adopt and marry generals. Reply to sign up for your recruits. I will be King Alfonso and then there will be 3 other slots, so sogn up! After some people reply, I'll post the First Charter of the Reconquista!

YAKOBU
06-19-2007, 00:52
Hi icejuggermaut ~:wave:

Not sure if it's just me but it might be an idea to say what game you are playing and if it is patched or modded.

:charge:

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 03:02
Thanks YAKOBU. I didnt realize that. The game is Medival2: Total War and it has the new patch but its not modded.

gibsonsg91921
06-19-2007, 05:29
i reccomend PMing TinCow - he does the PBM Gahzette Advertising.

Warluster
06-19-2007, 07:49
Where have you started it? Here? Rules,etc?

I'll join.

Stuperman
06-19-2007, 14:19
Yeah, is it WOTS style (elected body making foriegn policy?) or simple succession?

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 14:32
Here is the rules and settings for the game. During the game there can be amendments to it. The rey, or king in spanish, will be elected by everyone who is in the PBM. Warluster since you replied yo join first, you can be Prince Rodrigo. Stuperman, if you'd like to join, you have the choice to be Princess Urraea's husband (who is unknown for now) or Princess Teresa's husband (also unknown) The two remaing generals are probably gonna be Vaasco and Johao. Once when the 4 slots are filled, we will vote for who is gonna play the first 10 turns. :yes:

First Charter of the Reconquista

1. Houses
1.1 There will be two houses to start out with: the House of Leon and the House of Castile.
1.2 The House of Castile will consist of Toledo, King Alfonso, and Prince Rodrigo. The House of Leon will consist of Leon, Urraca’s husband and Teresa’s husband.
1.3 The leader of the house is determined by the one who has the highest rank who is part of that house. In this case, King Alfonso is the leader of Castile. If there is two or more of the same rank in a house, the general with the most command will become the leader and is now a lord, too.
1.4 New houses may be added, if new land is gained. For instance, if a few settlements in France are taken, they will form the House of Gaul.
1.5 If any islands are taken, they are now colonies, and they are not part of any house. The governor is determined by the general with the highest command on the island. If there is no general, then it is ruled by the King.
2. Ranks
2.1 Ranks go as followed: King, Prince, Lord, Duke, Count, Governor*, and General.
*Note: You can only be governor of an island.
2.2 The King has the most say in something. When there is a vote held, the King counts has 4 people. The Prince counts as 3, the Lord and Duke 2, and everyone else equals 1.
2.3 The King is the main decision maker and judge. The Prince becomes King when the King is absent. Lords are the leaders of a house. You have the rank of Duke when you are the leader of more than 1 settlement in the same house. You are appointed by the Lord of the house and then seconded by the King. You are a Count when you are the leader of only 1 settlement, but not an island. You are appointed by the Duke and seconded by the Lord of the house.
2.4 If a general breaks a law in the charter or proves to be disloyal, the King can choose to send him into exile. There is then a vote to see how the rebellious general stands and he has no say in it. If he is sent into exile, then he must leave with whatever army he has and must leave to distant lands. He can still take settlements, but he starts the Kingdom of Rebels. If he proves loyal, the crown can take him back. If he still proves to be disloyal, then he is the King of the Kingdom of Rebels and any adoptions by him will become part of the Kingdom. He has now no say in any Reconquista votes.
3. Diplomacy
3.2 If we are allies with a faction, you cannot declare war on them unless the King does so first.
3.3 Declarations of war and alliances must also be run through the King, but no vote will be held.
4. Crusades
4.1 If a crusade is called during a rey’s term, he must hold council whether or not to join.
4.2 If someone wants to start a crusade, the King must approve of it and a vote must be held.
4.3 When a crusade is called, the King appoints who must go on it.
5. Papal Elections
5.1 When the Pope dies and a Papal Election is held, the rey votes for the pope, and there is no meeting held.
6. Game Setup
6.1 The settings for the game are hard for battles and hard difficult level.
7. Councils
7.1 A council will be held every ten turns for in character discussion and the passing of "laws" that can include declarations of war, diplomacy with other factions, and basically anything you want. You are encouraged to write incharacter stories and battle reports in their respective threads. Rey's must post a brief report on what happens each turn in their term in the Rey's Report Thread. Governors of settlements can post their build queues there as well. This thread is to be the Reconquista out of character thread for chatting, and general OOC discussion.

Current players - icejuggernaut: King Alfonso
Warluster: Prince Rodrigo
Sirnoob: Vaasco
MStumm

additional avatars will be handed out on a first come, first serve basis.

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 14:34
hey stuperman, what do you mean by that, like is the rey elected by the people playin, or does it just go in order? is that what you mean?

gibsonsg91921
06-19-2007, 15:03
i believe there is a chancellor, the ingame king, or rey, has power but the chancellor plays the game.

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 15:21
Hey everyone! If there are things in the charter you dont like, you can reply and change them until Friday! The open slots for joining now are Vaasco and a princess's husband.

sirnoob
06-19-2007, 17:19
I'll join i don't mind who as but i want to know who actually plays the game the rey or a chancellor?

MStumm
06-19-2007, 17:41
I also would like to join, since suddenly I have more free time than expected. I had lots of fun in my last game as the Spanish.

What are the victory conditions? The standard ones or are there any special objectives?

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 17:58
the rey is just another name for the chancellor. they are the ones who play and are elected every 10 turns

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 18:00
the victory conditions are the long campaign standard. Sir Noob: you are Vaasco. MStuum: you are whoever the princess husband is, most likely Johao.

gibsonsg91921
06-19-2007, 18:10
wait, isnt "Rey" spanish for king? so the King and Rey are separate entities? the king is kinda like emperor in KOTR, and the rey is like chancellor in KOTR?

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 20:15
yes, the King and the Rey are separate people. i didnt want to be so much like KOTR so i found the translation for chancellor, king, and lord of the armies and i picked rey, or king.

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 22:25
Well, since every slot is filled so far we should elect the rey, or chancellor, who will play the first ten turns. I was thinking I should start the first 10 turns, they we will vote for the next rey for the next ten turns. So Vote For Icejuggernaut 2007! :yes:

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 22:32
hey guys, i was just wondering. what is your point of view on Charter Amendment 3.1: All use of diplomats must be run through with the King. Do you just think the rey, or chancellor should worry about it?

icejuggernaut
06-19-2007, 22:36
Ok guys, I play the first ten turns, then Warluster, then Sir Noob, and MStuum and then, by on the preformance of the players will we see who goes next.

MStumm
06-20-2007, 02:56
hey guys, i was just wondering. what is your point of view on Charter Amendment 3.1: All use of diplomats must be run through with the King.

I don't think this rule is necessary. All serious diplomatic options are already taken care by the the other sections. Whoever is capable enough to lead the Reconquista, is clearly capable of deciding where the diplomats should go, and whether the map or trade rights should be negotiated.

icejuggernaut
06-20-2007, 14:45
ok so we wont use 3.1. and i forgot something. we need to hold a 3 day council before we can start and then we VOTE for a chancellor, or rey. i was over anxious. im not gonna vote for me, im gona vote for: ............ So until midinght on Friday, June 22, you can talk about any amendment you dont like and we will have what we are really gonna use.

MStumm
06-22-2007, 15:49
I already commented on rule 3.1.

For the chancellor I am going to vote for the Magnificent, the Great and the Most Humble Person on All the Internets: Me ~:wave: MStumm (icejuggernaut, notice the spelling btw)

icejuggernaut
06-22-2007, 16:03
alright, the rules have been updated. im going to make the new threads for incharacter discussions, stories, etc.

sirnoob
06-22-2007, 16:48
well i gues i'll vote for mstumm for chancelor so we don't have everyone just voting for themselves.

icejuggernaut
06-22-2007, 16:53
Ok, so now there is one vote for MStumm. If no one else votes before midnight Saturday, June 23, 2007, then Mstumm will play the first ten turns. Im voting for ......... because I want to congratulate them for being the first to reply to join this PBM. i vote for Warluster. Now he and SirNoob has to vote and will decide the winner. if there is a tie, then MStumm will be the rey, since he voted first.

Warluster
06-23-2007, 01:38
DO we have to vote?

I don't really mind who is Rey.

gibsonsg91921
06-23-2007, 15:43
its more fun if you vote

sirnoob
06-26-2007, 19:22
Which house is eveyone in?

icejuggernaut
06-26-2007, 19:48
Me and warluster are in the House of Castile, which is so far Toledo, and you and MStumm are in the House of Leon, which is now Leon.

sirnoob
06-26-2007, 20:47
ok thanks.

Warluster
06-27-2007, 02:35
Awesome, so we've started?

icejuggernaut
06-27-2007, 03:05
yeah, look at my rey report as i continue my 10 turns(now turn6)