PDA

View Full Version : Hordeing in EB using BI

Dumbass
06-21-2007, 15:52
Someone should make a mod where the celtic and nomad factions can horde, it would prove some fun games and stop factions dying.

Pharnakes
06-21-2007, 16:31
Make one then!:laugh4:

I for one would be delighted to se such a mini-mod.

Dumbass
06-22-2007, 14:18
I would if I knew how... and if it were easy :beam:

The Celt
06-22-2007, 22:45
It's pretty easy in theory. It just requires the BI.exe and you have to copy some of the units of those factions(Same as the regular unit, except it's got a little wheel on it's icon.:book: ) and that may be where it gets tough. Since EB's hitting pretty close to the unit limit as is, I don't know how you'd be able to horde the Nomads AND the Celts.:dizzy2: It would be cool tho, if the one of the Nomad factions emgered on a certain and they'd be like the Mongols in MTW.(maybe have the Saka be the one steppe faction and the Sarmatians emerge from them?) :shame:

Dumbass
06-23-2007, 14:04
It's pretty easy in theory. It just requires the BI.exe and you have to copy some of the units of those factions(Same as the regular unit, except it's got a little wheel on it's icon.:book: ) and that may be where it gets tough. Since EB's hitting pretty close to the unit limit as is, I don't know how you'd be able to horde the Nomads AND the Celts.:dizzy2: It would be cool tho, if the one of the Nomad factions emgered on a certain and they'd be like the Mongols in MTW.(maybe have the Saka be the one steppe faction and the Sarmatians emerge from them?) :shame:

Why do that? It'll just mean you can't play as the sauromatae.

blank
06-23-2007, 14:34
I would if I knew how... and if it were easy :beam:

I probably would make one if it weren't for the unit limit...
Also, adding new units to EB is a pain in the ass :laugh4:

Lysander13
06-23-2007, 16:37
Adding units isn't really all that difficult as i've added some RTR Platinum units to my modded version of EB that i think fit in with the "feel" of EB pretty well. Perhaps i'm wrong but i think the difficult part of adding in hording would be EB's recruitment system. For example if you were the Sauromatae and used the hording ability and moved on over to Western Europe somewhere. You wouldn't be able build your elite troops. Which of course is the case now if someone attempted a "migration" type campaign. So other than a faction being completely wiped out that no longer held a city but still had troops somewhere on the map what would be the benefit of hording or migrating somewhere else?..Somewhere where you couldn't build your factions elite troops due to the recruitment system? It would seem to add in Hording one would also have to make some major changes to the recruitment system as well right or else why even bother? That would be a pretty big task i would say.

The Celt
06-23-2007, 18:40
Why do that? It'll just mean you can't play as the sauromatae.
I don't play as the Sarmatians. Steppe factions bore me.(Besides, I've got the Pahlavan!)