PDA

View Full Version : Reconquista Council

icejuggernaut
06-22-2007, 16:05
This thread is for in-character discussion and debate for the Reconquista PBM only. It will begin once King Alfonso (icejuggernaut) opens the floor, and will be administrated by the King, or in his absence, the Prince. Laws can be passed each session of Council, every ten turns and will be voted on. Sessions last 3 days of real-time since the time they start, and 1 day of voting afterwards.

icejuggernaut
06-23-2007, 14:39
My son, nobles of Spain, I declare this preliminary session of Council open! Please post your laws in this format:

Law (Session of Council).(Law Number): etc.

for example

Law 1.1 - The Rey should attempt to conquer Valencia.

Also, take this time to post your Rey's manifestoes (your campaign speeches).

sirnoob
06-23-2007, 16:10
I believe we should take valencia and other rebel provinces and strengthen ourselves then raise an army to crush those other rebels the portugese!

MStumm
06-24-2007, 02:47
Rebel provinces? Valencia? Valencia???

The heathen Moors are on our doorstep! Surely the Spanish cannot tolerate their presence even for a moment. We must drive them back into Africa and more!

I propose that we go to Marrakesh and "baptize" (:skull::skull::skull: ) every camel smelling evil-doer Moor on the way there.

sirnoob
06-25-2007, 17:19
but our new state is fragile and we are not yet strong enough to face the moors. If we do we will face the wrath of islam

gibsonsg91921
06-25-2007, 19:30
whoops wrong thread

icejuggernaut
06-25-2007, 19:33
Sorry guys, he PM his password so I could be on his name sometimes and I accidentally posted on his name.

icejuggernaut
06-25-2007, 20:34
Gentlemen, you both speak a strong point. MStumm, you are right about attacking the Moors, for they might cause civil disorder with there Imams. But SirNoob is also right in the fact theat that are too strong. They start out with four regions: Cordoba, Marrakesh, Algiers, and Granada. Starting a head-on-war could be drastic in the fate of our kingdom, because they could hold a strong stand.

I propose that we take Granada and Cordoba and then build a fort and the Strait of Gibraltar to hold them off so they dont interfere with our other plans. Then, once our empire grows stronger, we can wipe out the infidels.

sirnoob
06-26-2007, 16:56
yes i agree with that.

icejuggernaut
06-26-2007, 18:56
yes i agree with that. Thank you SirNoob

MStumm
06-26-2007, 21:52
The size of our empire does not matter. How big was Macedonia when Phillip and Alexander started their conquests?

Since Moors are bigger than us thats all the moore reason they should be dealt with first. Besides their merchants are just waiting for us to separate them from their gold. With the money we get from them we can almost buy Portugal.

icejuggernaut
06-26-2007, 23:47
well said Mstumm. i will add to my plan the devestation of the Moors. with the start of Cordoba, and then Granada, they will soon fall to the power of my fist!!!

icejuggernaut
06-28-2007, 20:01
Honorable generals of Spain. A question has arose in my mind and I decided to ask you noble men for your opinion. Should I declare war on the feeble Portuguese? They have few settlements and after taking Pamplona a fort would be built on their only bridge out of Lisbon. Killing them off will be like taking a sweet sort of food from a young infant.

But a problem might arise. The Portuguese are allies with the Moors. Having two wars going on might be hard on our kingdoms economy, for we will need many soldiers to protect our people. I propose we do an all out war with Portugal the the Moors, and gain land for our kingdom.

The Pope will like us killing the Moors, for they are non-Catholic. If we do our missions, build churchs, and recruit priests, maybe we can commision a crusade on the Moors. I have a plan that just might work. If we start a crusade, maybe the Portuguese will join. They will have depleted any money they have for troops, plus they would have emptied out one of their cities, hopefully Pamplona. Maybe would could kill two birds with one stone, by gaining land from the crusade, and wiping out the Portuguese.

If we successfully wipe out the infidels, we should start an alliance with France, and gain land through Northern Africa, and other rebel settlements. We could take a rebellious region in Western Asia and attack the Turks, who couldnt attack our main empire. We would be the grandest empire in the world!

I am asking a lot of you. Please respond your opinions, my friends.

MStumm
06-29-2007, 00:44
An all out war against anyone (and everyone) would make everyday look like Christmas! ~:santa:

I still think Moors should be turned into camel jerky first. After this is done we'll probably gain enough favour with the Pope that he will support us in the conflict with Portugees (or look the other way at least).

As for the plans after that we should look for the signs from heavens for guidance. A crusade in the Holy Land is a worthy cause for any champion of justice, but there are other paths. The French drink far too much wine than a good Christian should, and the things they do with their live stock I will not mention. People like them are the sort that like to turn on their allies. Then there are the Italians. They claim to be faithful but they would sell their soul even at a mention of gold. We might be forced to (with great regret I say this) occupy the Holy City of Rome (and the rest of Italy just in case) to protect the faithful from their wicked ways of the Italians.

icejuggernaut
06-29-2007, 17:11
That would be highly unnecessary. If we do, every Catholic faction will hate us, and they will want to trade it back.

If you are worried for Rome, the maybe we should build a small fort of like 1 battalion so the Pope will be warned when someone if anyone comes.

MStumm
06-29-2007, 17:59
I think they will hate us no matter what we do. Only the French seem to be in a good position to be our friends and shelter us from Northern barbarians. If the they do prove to be evil, our forces might have to engage in central Europe, and almost every other faction would be there. Sicilians and Milan are likely to want North Africa for themselves. Venetian pirates are waiting for us on the way to the Holy Land.

But all this is later. We should focus on things closer to home for now. Our enemies will reveal themselves eventually and we'll need to be ready for them, no matter who they are: Muslim or "self proclaimed Catholics"