PDA

View Full Version : Could someone tell me how to start an EB campaign with BI.

the_handsome_viking
06-23-2007, 20:11
Hi, sorry to persist but it is something of an annoying situation just now. I want to be able to start a fresh campaign with BI but everytime I try to do this I get hurled back to the main menu.

What exactly do you have to do in order to start a new campaign with BI?

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias
06-23-2007, 22:32
That's odd. I don't know. Perhaps technical support would be where you want to go.

I just click on "EB Campaign" or whatever and select my faction and go.

d'Arthez
06-23-2007, 22:35
one question: did you update 0.81a to 0.81av2 with the small patch, or did you use the full installer?

I had issues with the small patch as well, to get EB to run at all. Don't know why. But it was nothing the full installer could not resolve.

Redmeth
06-23-2007, 22:47
These are Oleo's instructions to playing with BI. I think this should be stickied.
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1433613&postcount=85

the_handsome_viking
06-24-2007, 00:01
one question: did you update 0.81a to 0.81av2 with the small patch, or did you use the full installer?

I had issues with the small patch as well, to get EB to run at all. Don't know why. But it was nothing the full installer could not resolve.

Nah I don't have the patch, will the patch allow me to play EB campaign with BI??

the_handsome_viking
06-24-2007, 00:14
These are Oleo's instructions to playing with BI. I think this should be stickied.
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1433613&postcount=85

I followed those instructions several times now, it didn't work.

That said there were a few things I thought were typos so I made the logical corrections to them.

d'Arthez
06-24-2007, 00:28
Can you run EB with regular RomeTW?

Can you edit the properties of the EB shortcut? So that instead of the target being RomeTW.exe the target is RomeTW-BI.exe?

grudzio
06-24-2007, 00:49
The Imperial Campaign doesnt work with BI. You have to choose Provincial Campaign and then EB campaign.

the_handsome_viking
06-24-2007, 01:09
Can you run EB with regular RomeTW?

Can you edit the properties of the EB shortcut? So that instead of the target being RomeTW.exe the target is RomeTW-BI.exe?

I've done that and been playing EB on BI for some time, the thing is I recently discovered I was forgeting to activate the EB script and therefore wasn't getting any of the reforms, so I decided that I wanted to start a free campaign.

I can't start a fresh campaign on BI.

the_handsome_viking
06-24-2007, 01:09
The Imperial Campaign doesnt work with BI. You have to choose Provincial Campaign and then EB campaign.

Are you really sure?

grudzio
06-24-2007, 01:36
Are you really sure?
Yes. This is how I start EB campaingns with BI. If I choose single player and then EB campaign (not Imperial as I have written in previous post) I get the message "please select item from the list." and I am back at the single player menu. Selecting the provincial campaign and then eb campaign does the trick.

Just in case it is relevant

I am using BI with 1.6 patch and EB 0.81av2 (full installer). I also did not enable custom battles.

This is how my EB-BI shortcut looks like:
"C:\gry\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:eb -nm -show_err

the_handsome_viking
06-24-2007, 05:51
Yes. This is how I start EB campaingns with BI. If I choose single player and then EB campaign (not Imperial as I have written in previous post) I get the message "please select item from the list." and I am back at the single player menu. Selecting the provincial campaign and then eb campaign does the trick.

Just in case it is relevant

I am using BI with 1.6 patch and EB 0.81av2 (full installer). I also did not enable custom battles.

This is how my EB-BI shortcut looks like:
"C:\gry\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:eb -nm -show_err

Ok, provincial campaign works for me, I always assumed that this was just a bug that the EB team had decided not to bother with removing.

This will be the full campaign right? as in I can conquer the entire world if I want to?

I just checked, it doesn't give me the option of managing all settlements amongst other options found in the setup for imperial campaign normally.

grudzio
06-24-2007, 11:08
Ok, provincial campaign works for me, I always assumed that this was just a bug that the EB team had decided not to bother with removing.

I suppose that this provincial campaign option is CA way of letting you have few mods installed and then choosing which one you want to play. Assuming of course that those mods dont confilct with each other.

This will be the full campaign right? as in I can conquer the entire world if I want to?

AFAIK it is full campaign. However, I am still playing my very first EB campaign, so I have nothing to compare to ~;) .

I just checked, it doesn't give me the option of managing all settlements amongst other options found in the setup for imperial campaign normally.
The manage_all_settlements option is on by default. Also battle_time_limit is on and arcade_battles are of. You can't change it before starting the campaign but you can do it while playing (ESC ----> Game Options).

the_handsome_viking
06-24-2007, 11:10
I suppose that this provincial campaign option is CA way of letting you have few mods installed and then choosing which one you want to play. Assuming of course that those mods dont confilct with each other.

AFAIK it is full campaign. However, I am still playing my very first EB campaign, so I have nothing to compare to ~;) .

The manage_all_settlements option is on by default. Also battle_time_limit is on and arcade_battles are of. You can't change it before starting the campaign but you can do it while playing (ESC ----> Game Options).

So when everyone else has been referring to playing the imperail campaign of EB on BI they have been meaning the provincial campaign?

grudzio
06-24-2007, 12:08
So when everyone else has been referring to playing the imperail campaign of EB on BI they have been meaning the provincial campaign?
I think so. Here is my source (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1360947&postcount=5)

the_handsome_viking
06-24-2007, 19:19
I think so. Here is my source (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1360947&postcount=5)

I reinstalled everything from scratch, Imperial campaign now works, and when I say imperial campaign I mean IMPERIAL CAMPAIGN.