PDA

View Full Version : AI Balancing Mini-Mod

Redmeth
06-23-2007, 20:45
Redmeth/Mlp071 AI co-op balancing mod

This mod is an effort to achieve balance between challenge and playability. After i completed my first money script , it became apparent to me that money and amounts of mercenaries is very co-related.

Mod has several parts to it, as follows:

- Money script(s) that allows AI to grow in different pace

- reworked merc file that prevents AI from buying stacks of mercenaries in 1 province turn after turn, endlessly.

- brilliant Eleutheroi script provided by Bovi, which will challenge player and develop Eleutheroi faction in balanced manner.Great work on this Bovi! :2thumbsup:

In addition, we have to mention great advices provided by The Errant, that helped allot.

Player has choice of 3 separate modes, that can satisfy their play:

1.) ROLEPLAYING MODE, which will give player slower pace of AI development, so they can truly enjoy their time lenghty RP and empire building.You want to enjoy your family members building their personalities

http://rapidshare.com/files/45282673/RP_modeV1.1.rar (1.1)

2.) BALANCED MOD, highly recommended to start with. It will provide AI with good growth and development. AI will develop economy and armies at same time and will cause challenge to player.Also AI will expand campaign in very nice pace.

Also recommended to play smaller factions with(ex. Saba, Saka, Sauromatae..)

This is recommended mod to start with , and then if you find this to challenging or to easy , you can try other two mods.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45282684/Balancedv1.1.rar (1.1)

3.)CHALLENGE MOD, name basically explains it all.Do expect that AI will field elite armies by 260-255BC, and be very aggressive. All that without "infinite" stacks , though.

If you find balanced mode to easy for you try this one. For ultimate challenge, try smaller factions like Saba.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45282706/Challenge1.1.rar (1.1)

If you require more explanations feel free to ask the questions but you can check the code for yourselves if you want to see how exactly it works.And we will work on improving this mod as and if there is a need for it.

Also feel free to PM either me or mlp071 if you require more explanations in addition to posting on the forums.

Installation instructions:

Unrar the file and paste the 2 files as instructed below: EBBS_SCRIPT.txt goes in: .

..\EB\Data\scripts\show_me

Example: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\scripts\show_me

Put descr_mercenaries.txt in the folder corresponding to the way you play (with BI or without):

If you play with BI (using Oleo's changes too play):

...\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion

Example: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion

If you play with RTW without BI:

...\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Example: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

If you want to be sure and have both you can put it in both folders.

IMPORTANT

This is savegame compatible, of course backups are suggested.

The changes in the EBBS will apply as soon as you use it.
But the merc changes will only apply when you start a new campaign.

This can make your game even harder as in some cases the AI receives even more money (there are some caps in place but still in the case of smaller factions the AI receives more money), so without the merc file your experience won't be as intended.

So the best way to experience the intended balance would be to start a new campaign.

Also, if you have the time, please give us feedback and tell us what you think. It's the best way for us to know what to focus on balance-wise when the next release comes if it is not already balanced by the team. But as it says above the most useful feedback can only come from people who started a new campaign. Thank you for trying this.

UPDATE

This update is only for the merc file, mlp071 was kind enough to reupload the both files but you really only need to download the merc file at the end of the page.

Updated 27/07 or 07/27 to version 1.1 for more info check bellow

Update for original version

We reworked mercenary file to add more variety of units available.If you downloaded version 1.1 you do not need this file.

It's a just update for first version and it doesn't change gameplay other then adding more variety of mercenaries available per province.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45283862...ERCENARIES.TXT

This file is savegame compatible, and you can install this as mentioned in installation instructions bellow
Also it is important to delete map.rwm, before plaing with this file.

Imperator
06-23-2007, 21:31
Excellent work! Thanks so much! But is it savegame compatible, I wonder:book: ?

Redmeth
06-23-2007, 21:42
You can install the 2 files and they are savegame compatible. Of course back-ups are suggested.
The changes in the EBBS will apply as soon as you use it. But the merc changes will only apply when you start a new campaign.
So the way to experience the best balance would be to start a new campaign.

fatsweets
06-23-2007, 22:14
I just downloaded and played my current game and of course I had to fight 3 battles against stacks of AS and on the third battle I had a
CTD. This CTD during a battle has not happened in a long time, probably since .74. Just wondering if this minimod might have something to do with it. Maybe I should just start a new campaign. I am still playing .81 with out the newest .81a could that be the reason?

Redmeth
06-23-2007, 22:22
CTD's during battles normally have nothing to do with EB, or at least surely nothing to do with the 2 files in this mini-mod. The EBBS is based off the last version, but I don't think any CTD causing changes would affect you.
You should upgrade as I think 0.82 is savegame compatible.

Schatten
06-23-2007, 22:30
a other question, is this Mod compatible with the Colonial and Cultural assimilation Mod?

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias
06-23-2007, 22:30
How do you open a .rar file? Because I don't have anything that does, apparently...

d'Arthez
06-23-2007, 22:40
Just download a version of Winrar. They have 30-day free trial versions. Just do a google-search for 'winrar' and you'll find it.

Redmeth
06-23-2007, 22:41
@Schatten I guess because as far as I can tell that mod doesn't modify the EBBS or the merc file
@Dyabetes google for 7zip or Winrar (7zip is free)

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias
06-23-2007, 22:43
I thought I had WinRAR http://209.85.62.26/5982/21/emo/emot-psyduck.gif

Ah well, I just got a trial of something that does, so nevermind.

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias
06-23-2007, 22:48
Alrighty, now to try it out. This game just keeps improving http://209.85.62.26/5982/21/emo/emot-awesome.gif

mlp071
06-23-2007, 23:19
I just downloaded and played my current game and of course I had to fight 3 battles against stacks of AS and on the third battle I had a
CTD. This CTD during a battle has not happened in a long time, probably since .74. Just wondering if this minimod might have something to do with it. Maybe I should just start a new campaign. I am still playing .81 with out the newest .81a could that be the reason?

I have to add that all stacks which AI recruited prior to installing this mod are still going to be in your game. Since you are continuing campaing could take awhile for you to see the results of changes...

Redmeth
06-24-2007, 08:23
Also, if you have the time, please give us feedback and tell us what you think. It's the best way for us to know what to focus on balance-wise when the next release comes if it is not already balanced by the team.
But as it says in the first post the most useful feedback can only come from people who started a new campaign. Thank you for trying this.

Redmeth
06-24-2007, 09:59
Second version released, see first post for details.

JMRC
06-24-2007, 17:12
Hi.

I believe that you must use the command

console_command add_population Rome 12
instead of

console_command add_population Roma 12
AFAIK, you can only use the settlement's map name in the condition "SettlementName" (ex: SettlementName Roma)

Also, the game the command add_money must be within -40000 and 40000. So, you have to use:

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType seleucid
and not FactionIsLocal
and Treasury > 350000
console_command add_money seleucid, -40000
console_command add_money seleucid, -40000
console_command add_money seleucid, -20000
instead of:

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType seleucid
and not FactionIsLocal
and Treasury > 350000
console_command add_money seleucid, -100000

mlp071
06-24-2007, 17:25
Yeah, that is correct JRMC. But game was still deducting correct amounts despite higher money, then 40000.If it wasn't factions would be way over their caps , due to money we are giving them.

That leads me to believe , that maybe +/- 40000 is limit for console window.

Redmeth
06-24-2007, 20:15
@JMRC The population part was left untouched, it is like this in the EBBS. And I remember a thread about this Rome/Roma thing and some EB scripters said it was ok the way it was in the file.

Caesar89
06-24-2007, 21:04
i will definately use this mod in my new campaigns, sounds great! I would use it straight away but like redmeth said, i want to feel the full effect of the mod, great work lads!

bovi
06-24-2007, 22:34
You should upgrade as I think 0.82 is savegame compatible.

Not entirely true. 0.81 is incompatible with 0.81a, I think it's due to changes on a general unit. 0.81a is compatible with 0.82. I still recommend upgrading though...

The Errant
06-25-2007, 09:05
Have I been asleep? How the Hell did I miss this release?! Great work guys! EB keeps improving by leaps. Both by the team and the great work of fans. :2thumbsup:

Pharnakes
06-25-2007, 15:53
@Schatten I guess because as far as I can tell that mod doesn't modify the EBBS or the merc file

Yes, should be compatible (atleast it is as far as I have used it)

Megalos
06-25-2007, 22:21
Not entirely true. 0.81 is incompatible with 0.81a, I think it's due to changes on a general unit. 0.81a is compatible with 0.82. I still recommend upgrading though...

sorry to hijack the thread but...

Have I missed something? 0.82? where?

mega

bovi
06-25-2007, 22:28
0.82 = 0.81a V2. It's simpler to write 0.82, and the current version numbering was quite a mixup anyway, guaranteed to cause confusion. The next one could be 0.81a V2 U4 B3.2 gamma... final.

Darth Stalin
06-27-2007, 11:07
That leads me to believe , that maybe +/- 40000 is limit for console window.

Yes, that’s true – the console window’s limit IS 40.000 denari/mnai/whatever currency is used.
If you open console window during strategic map review (with “~” key) you can also add money to your faction, but only up to 40.000 at any one time.

The same applies to adding population to settlements – the console command window accept max 4.000 people added to anywhere at any one time.
Thus in order to add let’s say 10.000 people you have to write twice “add_population <Rome> 4000” and once “add_population <Rome> 2000”.

Redmeth
06-28-2007, 15:08
I was thinking of making some changes to section 4a of the money script.

What do you think about how the initially stronger factions do when they are reduced to about 2 provinces to they seem too hard to finish off(especially by the AI) or does the help come too late?

Pharnakes
06-30-2007, 15:31
I've just encountered a problem that can't be comming from anywhere but the money script, as Makedonia I have just taken most of Greece, and for the last few turns I was thinking that I was getting a bit more money than I should be, but last turn it came to something of a head, adding up my cities I should be making something in the nature of 2-3000, but instead I found 145000 more in my treasury at the begining of my next turn, also, interestingly, it didn't all come at once, some came during the AI turn, as if I was getting all the money that should be given to the AI, anyone else seen anything like this?

mlp071
06-30-2007, 19:08
I've just encountered a problem that can't be comming from anywhere but the money script, as Makedonia I have just taken most of Greece, and for the last few turns I was thinking that I was getting a bit more money than I should be, but last turn it came to something of a head, adding up my cities I should be making something in the nature of 2-3000, but instead I found 145000 more in my treasury at the begining of my next turn, also, interestingly, it didn't all come at once, some came during the AI turn, as if I was getting all the money that should be given to the AI, anyone else seen anything like this?

Hello, i just checked current money script in EBBS and there is nothing that gives factions any money, unless they are AI runned.I really don't know what would be causing that issue...We didn't have any reports of such issue so far.

Do you have anyone as protectorate?I had KH once as protectorate and they gave me 70000 in one turn.That was without money script.

All factions have condition in script that will not give them any money if they are human faction...and in tests and 2 campaigns that i am runing with this so far i never received any extra money. I will still run some tests just in case.

And make sure that you downloaded this link on top ,that has "-V2.rar" extension on the end. It was updated first day after we released the mod, due to some minor glitch with rebels money.:2thumbsup:

Thank you for feedback, and hopefully this helps.

Pharnakes
07-01-2007, 12:03
It must be from the protecterate, I didn't know that they would give you money.:oops:

kemozz
07-02-2007, 23:02
i can't download that file from rapidshare, is there an alternative download link. i keep getting invalid session and after a few tries it i get the following message "Your IP-address is already downloading a file. You have to wait until it is finished." and nothing is downloading. is it being hosted somewhere else ...

Redmeth
07-02-2007, 23:11
http://www.axifile.com/?4440043
Here you go, try this.

mlp071
07-02-2007, 23:12
+++EDITED due to post being absolete. Check previous post from Redmeth..

Ice
07-10-2007, 20:38
Does this balance the factions well on VH/M?

Redmeth
07-10-2007, 20:47
Yes it's meant to be played on VH/M but try it and tell us what you think could be improved.
Do you find too easy or too hard (only vs AS it could be still too hard I think).
Another focus for improvement is on the mercs are there a lot of merc only armies?

Ice
07-10-2007, 20:59
Yes it's meant to be played on VH/M but try it and tell us what you think could be improved.
Do you find too easy or too hard (only vs AS it could be still too hard I think).
Another focus for improvement is on the mercs are there a lot of merc only armies?

I just installed (changed a few files :laugh4:) this along with forced diplomacy and darth formations for EB. I'll start a campaign later and give you feedback the best I can.

Ice
07-11-2007, 05:57
Well I tried a Saba campaign on VH/M. In short, it sucked. The ai still sent stacks to attack me. Half of them were gallic elite mercs. Give me a break. Others were elite phalanxs. Tiny Saba could never deal with that. I had to cheat to survive. Do you think M/M would be better?

mlp071
07-11-2007, 07:27
Well I tried a Saba campaign on VH/M. In short, it sucked. The ai still sent stacks to attack me. Half of them were gallic elite mercs. Give me a break. Others were elite phalanxs. Tiny Saba could never deal with that. I had to cheat to survive. Do you think M/M would be better?

There are no Gallic elite mercs in Asia Minor other then couple of units of "naked fanatics" :2thumbsup:

You should try H/M just to get little more familiar with faction.

Saba is one of hardest faction to play, due to fact that is bordering with 2 biggest butchers in game, AS and Ptolies.

On M battles you can beat AI with 2/3 of stack or 1/2 against his full stack.Try to use those rocky areas around your starting province to fight them, since that will get their phalanxes out of formation.After you get 2-3 of them gone , you will have quiet time for some turns.And most likely open road to Selukeia:2thumbsup: Only places that AS is building elites are Antiochea , Seleukeia.You get those raided , and they are back to basics for a time being.Later on is different story.

Stay away from Dumatha and Persian gulf side thats AS contested teritory.Try to get Axum as soon you can, before Ptolies do, you can get Agemas there (AP Heavy infantry) and i believe elephants. Ptollies will eventually overrun AS and then you gonna have them on your back.

Ice
07-11-2007, 08:04
There are no Gallic elite mercs in Asia Minor other then couple of units of "naked fanatics" :2thumbsup:

You should try H/M just to get little more familiar with faction.

Saba is one of hardest faction to play, due to fact that is bordering with 2 biggest butchers in game, AS and Ptolies.

On M battles you can beat AI with 2/3 of stack or 1/2 against his full stack.Try to use those rocky areas around your starting province to fight them, since that will get their phalanxes out of formation.After you get 2-3 of them gone , you will have quiet time for some turns.And most likely open road to Selukeia:2thumbsup: Only places that AS is building elites are Antiochea , Seleukeia.You get those raided , and they are back to basics for a time being.Later on is different story.

Stay away from Dumatha and Persian gulf side thats AS contested teritory.Try to get Axum as soon you can, before Ptolies do, you can get Agemas there (AP Heavy infantry) and i believe elephants. Ptollies will eventually overrun AS and then you gonna have them on your back.

Trust me, they were elite Guals. I don't if they were mercs or what, but they were there. Those guys were killer.

I decided to play on M/M. The Ai is behaving a bit better. I'm also building mines in the 3 provinces to rack in some money before I expand.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
07-11-2007, 09:21
The Ptolemai have their own elite Gallic unit. It represents Gauls that were settled in the Nile Delta to work for the Ptolemaioi. Ptolemai can recruit them all over the place and make about 1/3 of their armies out of them when they can afford it.

The Errant
07-11-2007, 15:13
The Ptolemai have their own elite Gallic unit. It represents Gauls that were settled in the Nile Delta to work for the Ptolemaioi. Ptolemai can recruit them all over the place and make about 1/3 of their armies out of them when they can afford it.

The Galatikoi Klaruchoi are also available for recruitment by the Sabaeans with a high enough level of regional MIC (level 4) in most of the Egyptian provinces. You just have to take those provinces from the Ptolies first.

As heavy infantry goes they are some of the best. Better than anything the Sabaeans can train from their native selection of troops.

mcantu
07-12-2007, 18:14
So far it seems using the balancing mod works best at M/M. The AI doesnt seem to be sending wave after wave of stacks at me...

Redmeth
07-12-2007, 19:05
On M the AI does not recruit any mercs AFAIK.
The enemy will still send stacks but the difference is that after some battles you will get a period of calm in which to solidify your new possessions or regroup, whereas in vanilla vs AS there was no room to breathe.

mcantu
07-12-2007, 19:25
I'm seeing the AI recruit a good mix of mainly factional troops with a couple of mercs on M...

Ice
07-12-2007, 21:47
So far it seems using the balancing mod works best at M/M. The AI doesnt seem to be sending wave after wave of stacks at me...

Try H/M and see how that works out. I'm toying around with the two. VH the AI seems like its on speed and conquers everything ultra fast.

mlp071
07-13-2007, 00:24
You have to take into account that not all factions are same to play. I played 2 campaigns on VH with this script (not counting testings) and finished one relatively easy(as Casse) and lost one (Sauromatae).

Second one i lost due to coruption runing about -15000+/turn ,and having war with 4 factions at same time. so with weak faction economy i couldn't do anything.But thats a challenge of playing weaker faction.

I started Pahlava other night and got AS and Baktria on my back really early (stupid AI unit pathfinding:wall: ) in 267, by 262 I got Baktria reduced to one province and took 2 from AS , while i killed 3-4 of their stacks with 1/2 stack army that i have(and garrisons). After that till now when i am in 259(9 turns), they are leaving me alone , even though they don't want to sign ceasefire.

They will come again , but by then i will have new provinces settled and economy improved= more units .

This mode is designed to prevent " infinite stacks " but still try to keep game a challenge.

It is logical to have AS or Ptolies harder to beat then Pontus, ex..But they are beatable, just takes alot of effort.Playing smaller (or weaker) factions requires alot more of strategical decision and diplomatic moves( i noticed that if you decide to ally to Ptolies , that will give you really bad rep with AS and vice versa, for example).To bad that you can't see you diplomatic standings and reputation like in M2TW.

Any AI faction can grow up to certain size, and when it becomes too big will start to have rebellions and get weaker. We have that setup in script.As in real life it won't happen over 1-2 turns but rather over 2-4 years.

Playing on VH, H or M is matter of persons choice of campaign challenge level.I am personally excited with your informations that we achieved to make challenging game on 3 different difficulty levels.

And levels shouldn't matter as long you enjoy your game :2thumbsup:

Blingerman
07-20-2007, 11:21
So, If a play romans as intended, Will I avoid the countless sweboz full stacks turn after turn with this mod? Or will I have them as in 0.81 EB alone?

Redmeth
07-20-2007, 12:34
Balancing mini-mod updated check first post.

@Blingerman it will surely help and the Sweboz might not get that huge in the first place thanks to stronger slaves and lower merc numbers and lower money bonuses.

Blingerman
07-20-2007, 13:40
Balancing mini-mod updated check first post.

@Blingerman it will surely help and the Sweboz might not get that huge in the first place thanks to stronger slaves and lower merc numbers and lower money bonuses.

Ok thanks, downloading

Ice
07-20-2007, 22:08
Would you recommend starting a new campaign for best results?

Redmeth
07-21-2007, 00:32
Of course, the changes can be felt if you insert it in an ongoing game only if the factions are not too rich, because if they are it will take a lot of time for them to reach the intended lower levels.

Blingerman
07-21-2007, 00:43
Of course, the changes can be felt if you insert it in an ongoing game only if the factions are not too rich, because if they are it will take a lot of time for them to reach the intended lower levels.
Thx a lot AI expands much slowly, and I can play at my pace in VH. I am having my best campaign in EB. I note the AI more receptive to peace offers too, perhaps this is due to V2 version of 0.81 as I tried the version before and it was hard to ge a peace treaty. And the harder Euletheroi are just wonderful. Thank you very much for your mod kudos to you.

Satyros
07-21-2007, 11:03
Thank you , thank you , thank you .

Downloading the update now , gonna start a new campaign , the romans appear easy , let's try .... mumble mumble ... Pontos .

" Why should there be an end to the fighting " ? This phrase alone , made me start 3 or 4 times a sauromatae campaign . That and the whole "steppe-horde" concept . I sucked horribly almost every time , and the one time I half sucked , AS noticed me , *curtain , sounds of battle , slaughter , death , rape(in that order actually- Oh how I hate you Arche Seleukeia)* . Someday I 'll succeed .

Keep up the good work ( of balancing ) fellas .

Satyros

Blingerman
07-24-2007, 13:35
The campaign is even better and better:

Aedui vs Averni fighting but none loosing land
Lusotanna has puppet Aedui and made it a protectorate (Without grabbing much land, only a province in basque country france. Catalonia and Valencia still rebels but fighting harder against lusotannia.
Arche Seleukia is loosing slowly its fronts against the minors but they are still the best faction in game
Germans are expanding slowly through the south but they are still far to be a warmonger
Kart Hadast is allied with Lusotanna and keeps their african possesions only, but they have destroyed my navy.
Rome as me has taken Illyria, mediterranean isles, cisalpina and Iberian carthaginian collonies. KH and Epirus vs Me (Rome) and Maks, Now I am fighting for getting the greek land, hardest fight I have faced, but I must keep full legions in Iberia in order to avoid the Lusotanna attack in case they honor their alliance to Carths. The sea is in hands of Carths so I won&#180;t be able to help my isolated troops in Iberia in case of a coordinated attack. Yeah this is the best campaign I have ever played and thanks to your balance.
I am in year 220 and with polybian reforms achieved

Jesus_saves
07-25-2007, 17:17
Alrighty, now to try it out. This game just keeps improving http://209.85.62.26/5982/21/emo/emot-awesome.gif
Oh Dear God has the http://209.85.62.26/5982/21/emo/emot-awesome.gif sign migrated here?
Awesome mod by the way.

Redmeth
07-25-2007, 20:15
Update!!
3 difficulty levels this is the path that the development of this mod will take in the future.
The RP version is the same one I posted last the one with the slower development of factions for roleplaying or playing Pontus.
The Normal version is what I'd call a good challenge but it's for more experienced players.
And Hardcore is for strong factions and experienced players.

Many thanks to mlp071 for updating the front page and uploading the new packages.

Ignopotens
07-25-2007, 20:37
The RP version is the same one I posted last the one with the slower development of factions for roleplaying or playing Pontus.

Pontus is just a nightmare to survive with, so far I'm 0-4 with em just trying to survive :wall: , gonna keep trying though :dizzy2: :whip:

Redmeth
07-27-2007, 07:35
Update to merc file, mlp071 got into a zone and decided to re-work some of the merc file. The changes are not big the amount of units is roughly the same but more variety has been added. Check the first page for the updates avaialable in .rar form or just the merc file separate.

mlp071
07-27-2007, 08:00
Update to merc file, mlp071 got into a zone and decided to re-work some of the merc file. The changes are not big the amount of units is roughly the same but more variety has been added. Check the first page for the updates avaialable in .rar form or just the merc file separate.

Yes , I was not too happy with variety of mercenaries available per province (my own fault).

Changes includes ability to recruit all possible types of units, not just 4 archer or cavalry units (example ), in most of the provinces.Now you can also recruit , infantry or skirmishers in provinces that were lacking those.

I was trying to stay as close is possible to original file composition without changing game balance , so this will not affect your campaign that you already started.

These changes are more cosmetic and utilitary then "fix" for something.Total amounts of mercenary units available per province stayed same. That's what counts for AI.

So if you are ok with your present mercenary availability, that came with original mod, you don't need to download and install this.It does not affect gameplay at all.

Thank you and have fun playing our mod.:2thumbsup:

Reno Melitensis
07-27-2007, 22:24
Redmeth, the mini mod is working great for me in my Romanii campain. I am playing on VH/M, and the number of mercs a largley reduced. Also almost every Eleutheroi city has been raising troops by every turn. There are cities, like Bononia, and many cities in central eastern europe that have a full stalk armies, and I am enjoying myself seeing the AI being beaten by them almost every turn. In fact a small number of factions have been able to expand, mainly the Aidiu, Pahlava and the AS.

Cheers.

Pius Curus
08-17-2007, 07:26
@Redmeth and Bligerman

For the first time I played EB 0.81a as SPQR on H/H. The battles were very nice! Perfect game I had my ownings in Italia, Sicilia, Sardinia, Corsica, whole coast of Iliria, untill I started war with Swebos, Aeudi and Arverni made aliance, then aliance with Swebos, then with Maks and Karthadasm send every year army to Sardinia, that was distaster for me! Attacks of mercenary armies turn after turn from Swebos, because they had more than over 800 000 Mnai, Karthadasm more over 400 000 Mnai. I had to cheat to become more money and could defend my borders. I have to stop, because I was tired by fighting turn after turn more battles.

Now I am playing SPQR on M/M but it is not so funny and to easy.

I would like to start new SPQR campaing with your mod. I would like to play on H/H to fight nice and hard battles again as in my firt SPQR campaing, but without to many maercenary Swebos armies.

I have following questions:
1) Could you write me, pls. What of the minimod shall I use? I thik that the BALANCED MOD 1.1 would be the best when I can play on H/H.

2) Could you write me, pls What of the minimod shall I use, if I want to play on H (stategy map) /Medium (battles)?

Brasidas
08-18-2007, 18:53
Excellent adjustment to magnificent mod. I'm playing as Pontos now using your CHALLENGE MOD (VH/M). It's the best and the most thrilling campaign since my primal experiences with Shogun Total War back in the days.

No more painful, boring fullstacks of AI armies. But game still seems to be challenging and really v. hard.

Thank You guys. IMHO Your effort should be a part of original EB mod.

Intranetusa
08-20-2007, 01:37
Can someone with this mod give a description of the enemies you face with it's medium and hard version?

I read the intro that said fighting elites on hard version...but to what extent?

Is medium = full stack elites + medium units and hard = wave after wave of full stack elites?

thanks

mlp071
08-20-2007, 06:26
Can someone with this mod give a description of the enemies you face with it's medium and hard version?

I read the intro that said fighting elites on hard version...but to what extent?

Is medium = full stack elites + medium units and hard = wave after wave of full stack elites?

thanks

You will end up fighting elites on all versions , it's just matter of how fast AI will develop them. On challenge it does it fairly faster, around 265-260.The catch is that AI won't recruit stack after stack each turn, but there will be quiet time between two battles.For how long , depends from difficulty lvl of the script.

Basically, on Challenge there is much less time to replenish your army after destroying AI army.And generally, total of AI units will outnumber yours if you have same size territory or close to it.Example, AS will develop several higher recruitment centers in short time, so sacking Antiochea is not going to mess them up much.
Or i was confronted with 3 stacks(G. Kleruchoi and such) of elite Ptolie unites once heading towards my 1 stack.And Pontus at one point had 5 full stacks while having 3 provinces.That also makes AI very aggresive.

Balanced gives you more time to get to that point, so that's the difference.

Off course, blitzing AI factions early in campaign will not get anywhere near any challenge.

My suggestion , try Sauromatae, Pahlava or Saba and see how it goes.:2thumbsup:

Intranetusa
08-20-2007, 07:18
You will end up fighting elites on all versions , it's just matter of how fast AI will develop them. On challenge it does it fairly faster, around 265-260.The catch is that AI won't recruit stack after stack each turn, but there will be quiet time between two battles.For how long , depends from difficulty lvl of the script.

Basically, on Challenge there is much less time to replenish your army after destroying AI army.And generally, total of AI units will outnumber yours if you have same size territory or close to it.Example, AS will develop several higher recruitment centers in short time, so sacking Antiochea is not going to mess them up much.
Or i was confronted with 3 stacks(G. Kleruchoi and such) of elite Ptolie unites once heading towards my 1 stack.And Pontus at one point had 5 full stacks while having 3 provinces.That also makes AI very aggresive.

Balanced gives you more time to get to that point, so that's the difference.

Off course, blitzing AI factions early in campaign will not get anywhere near any challenge.

My suggestion , try Sauromatae, Pahlava or Saba and see how it goes.:2thumbsup:

Sounds great. XD

I'll just start with hard and a standard faction....I usually wipe out 90% of enemy armies whiles losing less than 10%...and I'm sick and tired of killing stack after stack of weak AI merc armies so this'll be fun. XD

mlp071
08-20-2007, 08:01
Sounds great. XD

I'll just start with hard and a standard faction....I usually wipe out 90% of enemy armies whiles losing less than 10%...and I'm sick and tired of killing stack after stack of weak AI merc armies so this'll be fun. XD

I wouldn't worry about that, AI general needs to visit at least 3-4 provinces in order to recruit 1 full stack of mercenaries, and even than he can't recruit stack every turn.In our mod,we tried for mercenaries to represent gap filling units, not backbone of faction armies :beam:

That way losing 2-3+ stacks will hurt even biggest factions, while still not getting them to collapse.

good luck and enjoy.

JMRC
08-20-2007, 10:33
Hi guys.

I'm having trouble getting your latest version of this mod from Rapidshare. Could you make it available from another server as well?

Thanks!

Intranetusa
08-20-2007, 21:57
awesome, thanks XD

mlp071
08-21-2007, 14:43
Hi guys.

I'm having trouble getting your latest version of this mod from Rapidshare. Could you make it available from another server as well?

Thanks!

Sorry for waiting, i was out of town :2thumbsup: Here is additional download link for version 1.1:

RP:

http://www.axifile.com/?2313209

Balanced:

http://www.axifile.com/?9364432

Challenge:

http://www.axifile.com/?9452527

HFox
08-21-2007, 18:50
What date is this update please?

mlp071
08-21-2007, 19:43
What date is this update please?

It's just different site for downloading Versions 1.1 that you can also find on top of the post.

Most updated version is always in first post :2thumbsup:

JMRC
08-21-2007, 23:56
Sorry for waiting, i was out of town :2thumbsup: Here is link for Balanced version 1.1:

http://www.axifile.com/?9364432

I will try to setup other 2 versions by the end of the day :2thumbsup:

Thanks!

Pius Curus
08-22-2007, 10:59
Hi,

I have some questions. Now I am playing SPQR on H/H with Balanced Mod 1.1. Now is the year 255 and I have whole Italy before Padus and whole Sicily. But I think it was a little easy for me...

But my questions are:

A)
1. Should I try to reinstal Balanced Mod 1.1. by Challenge Mod 1.1.? I would like to know if the EB will be worked well with this Challenge Mod 1.1. after rewriting filesof the Balanced Mod 1.1.
or
2. Should I rather start again new SPQR chapaing on H/H with Challenge Mod 1.1.
What is better? I hope it would be better only rewrite Ballanced Mod by Challenge Mod because I dont want do start new campain again.
or
3. Should I wait till the enemies became more stronger to make the game more challenge for me?

What shall I do to have more fun - more battles, what decision should I make? Point 1, 2 or 3, could you give me advice, pls? I hope in point 1 or 3.

B)
And my last question is if I find the Challenge Mod to hard for me after playing several years, could I only rewrite the files of Challenge Mod by Balanced mod and cotinue in the game, will be the game that again easier?

mlp071
08-22-2007, 16:52
Hi,

I have some questions. Now I am playing SPQR on H/H with Balanced Mod 1.1. Now is the year 255 and I have whole Italy before Padus and whole Sicily. But I think it was a little easy for me...

But my questions are:

A)
1. Should I try to reinstal Balanced Mod 1.1. by Challenge Mod 1.1.? I would like to know if the EB will be worked well with this Challenge Mod 1.1. after rewriting filesof the Balanced Mod 1.1.
or
2. Should I rather start again new SPQR chapaing on H/H with Challenge Mod 1.1.
What is better? I hope it would be better only rewrite Ballanced Mod by Challenge Mod because I dont want do start new campain again.
or
3. Should I wait till the enemies became more stronger to make the game more challenge for me?

What shall I do to have more fun - more battles, what decision should I make? Point 1, 2 or 3, could you give me advice, pls? I hope in point 1 or 3.

B)
And my last question is if I find the Challenge Mod to hard for me after playing several years, could I only rewrite the files of Challenge Mod by Balanced mod and cotinue in the game, will be the game that again easier?

You can switch back and forth , but don't forget to delete map.rwm file each time that you make change.

You only need to overwrite EBBS script, since mercenary file is same for both versions.

After that give AI some time so it can built up with new money.

Patriote
08-22-2007, 22:44
What was too easy? battles? then I advise you to try fighting using the unrestricted general camera view. It does some time to adapt but it makes battles much more challenging (and realistic! loosing your general, either dead or fled, is actually desastrous because you can no longer move your camera!)

I also play SQPR on H/H using a couple of unofficial mods although I control all of Italy, Sicily and the Po valley except for Mediolanum (should be under my control soon :whip: ) but I have suffer a couple of defeats (one of 4000 troops and 2 family members while trying to assault Syracuse... :wall:) and another one facing a rebel gallic army including a little too much "Naked Fanatics... they are unbelievably strong :no:

Anyways, just my 2 cents in trying helping you having more fun playing EB :yes:

Pius Curus
08-23-2007, 09:44
@mlp071

Thank you very much for your advice:)

@patriot
Uff, with the restricted general camera is the game play very hard, I know. But I like to see the battle from the above, you know. Maybe I try to play with restricted general camera again...I will see.

Wow, great defeat at Syracuse you had!!! I think you had to cry.
I have to say, that now I dont like the nudists since I have met the naked fanatics in EB for the firs time:)

Patriote
08-23-2007, 20:32
I play with the general camera indeed but I unchecked the optiong "restricted camera" so this way you are allowed to move the camera a little bit aound your general's unit, adjust the height some too and turnit on a 360o degree view, making the battles just a little bit easier :2thumbsup:

About the 4000 killed defeat, I mostly cursed myself for my impetuosity and lack of consideration for battle deployement (and AI behavior:shame:) I loose family members or they run off the map more often now because I have the bad habit of getting stuck in fights too early in battles or get caught while trying to outflank to enemy :oops: I have to correct that :idea2:
However, one reason about some many casualties was that having the strategy of using 2 armies to besiege powerful enemy cities, such as Syracuse, well my plan was for the AI controlled army to breach the enemy's gate while I was assaulting the walls with 4 sieges towers and 2 sap points to squeeze the enemy holding the main gateway between our forces.

What happened instead was that my AI ally simply left his battery ram where it was and had all his units ran under the walls to reach my sieges towers as soon as they had reach the walls... so a lot dead and no pincer attack.
Also, my general fled the battlefield after long and bloody fights inside the city, so I was stuck at the border of the map, being unable to interfere at all and simply hoping for my troops to win the battle but to no avail :laugh4:

Pius Curus
08-24-2007, 08:34
@Patriote

Wow, It was as in slaughterhouse below the Syracuse wals:) I hatte the fight in the steets!!! Who was the ally at the battle ram? Which faction?

I newer send Praetor or Consul to the battle. He is there only for commandig of the troops. I only use Tribun or Legat for leading the cavalery to the battle.

I always deploy the army very carefully, good formation is the ground. But I could say that I am sometimes a little bit rasty and underestimate the enemy force on the strategy map and send my army so deep in enemy territory. Then I am surrounded sometimes and my army is totaly devastated as Varus in Teuton Wood:)

Patriote
08-24-2007, 13:24
@Pius Curus

Yeah... whole units were decimated as they ran towards the siege towers under fire from enemy towers and then kept on being slaughtered as they waited to enter the already fully loaded sieges towers :shame:

My allies were romans under the command of another family member. And yes, huge walls, mostly because of their height, and streets are extremely difficult for units' control when using general camera view even when the restricted option is unchecked :wall:

But at the same time, it is highly realistic because I had to "raise" my view as high as possible and then use the banners of the different units to spot them and try to coordinate them as much as possible. Problems began when I tried use a different way to charge a phalanx unit in its rear. My idea ended in disaster when my general unit was caught between a spearmen unit and this javelin-armed bodyguard that the Syracuse general had :sweatdrop:

After that, the few survivors unit my general's bodyguard fled the field and was unable to interfere in the rest of the battle.

As a good roman general, I came back latter to win the day (and the city) and I have learned a lot with this disaster :yes: I am also tempted to use the option of looking at the battlefield about engaging in my major to see if the ground would be advantageous for me or my opponent even though the loading might take some time :2thumbsup:

GracchusTheGreat
08-25-2007, 05:45
Redmeth,

The previous version of your mod utterly changed my EB experience for the better, especially with regards to the power it gave to the rebel cities. Which is why I thoroughly anticipated your latest "Challenge" version.

I'll admit I might have done something wrong, but I'm afraid this one is much less "challenging" than the previous. And the free cities have been totally nerfed. Although, perhaps that was your intention. I could easily just shut up and go back to the previous version if it weren't for the AIs improved use of elite units.

So my question is, did you purposely nerf the free cities or did I just install something improperly? Somewhat ironically, having stronger free cities actually makes other factions tougher due to the experience gained from constant fighting as well as keeping them close to the lands where the factions can recruit the best troops, contributing to overall more "compact" enemies. For example, in the latest version, Epirus simply ignored its immediate neighbors and charged straight north, steamrolling free cities and then recruiting only basic units. Next thing you know, Pyrrhus and sons are lost in the forests of Germania with endless bands of levy hoplites! In the previous version, Epirus' battles with nearby free cities, mostly in Illyria, kept it close to its homeland where it could easily replenish its premier forces and, most importantly, keep them together. This time, it was Pyrrhus and sons duking it out in Greece and Macedonia at the head of some formidable armies. I guess my overall point is that AI factions, as opposed to the player, don't necessarily benefit from expansion, especially if it isn't toward a certain faction's optimal zone. A delicate business this is, and all my respect to you.

These are all thoughts and not criticisms. Without your mod EB just ain't worth playing!

One last question...(sorry!) Given your experience with scripting, would it be possible to implement either an auto-merge for the AI (which has been done), or something similar that simply disbands units that fall below a certain number? I've seen too many impressive AI armies stymied by a few groups of 10 or 20 units that can't be merged, and which the AI doesn't exchange for better and more complete units, resulting in endless numbers of separate AI stacks scrambling around the map.

mlp071
08-25-2007, 15:53
Redmeth,

I'll admit I might have done something wrong, but I'm afraid this one is much less "challenging" than the previous. And the free cities have been totally nerfed. Although, perhaps that was your intention. I could easily just shut up and go back to the previous version if it weren't for the AIs improved use of elite units.So my question is, did you purposely nerf the free cities or did I just install something improperly?

Problem is that Eleutheroi AI has different priorities then faction AI's.It tends to develop economy over quality units.So they end up fighting factions elites with levies.Challenge mode that is more obvious since factions develop faster.Some of that behavior is still being worked on. 1.0 and 1.1 Eleutheroi AI has more money then previous versions.

For example, in the latest version, Epirus simply ignored its immediate neighbors and charged straight north, steamrolling free cities and then recruiting only basic units. Next thing you know, Pyrrhus and sons are lost in the forests of Germania with endless bands of levy hoplites! In the previous version, Epirus' battles with nearby free cities, mostly in Illyria, kept it close to its homeland where it could easily replenish its premier forces and, most importantly, keep them together. This time, it was Pyrrhus and sons duking it out in Greece and Macedonia at the head of some formidable armies. I guess my overall point is that AI factions, as opposed to the player, don't necessarily benefit from expansion, especially if it isn't toward a certain faction's optimal zone. A delicate business this is, and all my respect to you.

Factions always attacked Eleutheroi first, as long they border with them.For that specific example,in our testings Greece was won by all 3 factions.Whoever gets kicked out of Greece(or their core provinces in general) and survives usually ends up with levies , since they only have undeveloped provinces, meaning less income.And if Getai AI decides to "sleep" that campaign, Epeiros goes north.

Even IRL if you overexpand to fast , that can comeback to bite you.AI is paying price for that in some cases.

Off course there are 2 other versions (RP and Balanced) that you can try.

These are all thoughts and not criticisms. Without your mod EB just ain't worth playing!

All inputs and observations are appreciated:2thumbsup:

One last question...(sorry!) Given your experience with scripting, would it be possible to implement either an auto-merge for the AI (which has been done), or something similar that simply disbands units that fall below a certain number? I've seen too many impressive AI armies stymied by a few groups of 10 or 20 units that can't be merged, and which the AI doesn't exchange for better and more complete units, resulting in endless numbers of separate AI stacks scrambling around the map.

That is hardcoded problem, we wish that something more can be done about AI disbanding units.AI only has tendency to merge units if its getting ready to attack player.

Hopefully this helps.

Pius Curus
08-27-2007, 06:28
Hi mlp071,

as you wrote: "You can switch back and forth , but don't forget to delete map.rwi file each time that you make change."

I can find map.rwi file, where is located, pls? There are to many map*.* fiels in EB file, but now one with suffix *.rwi

Could you help me pls?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
08-27-2007, 06:35
It's actually the 'map.rwm', and it is in the '.../Rome - Total War/EB/Data/world/maps/base/' folder.

Pius Curus
08-27-2007, 07:21
Thank you, Markus:)

I thought that I is map.rwm :)

MerlinusCDXX
09-10-2007, 10:20
Just download a version of Winrar. They have 30-day free trial versions. Just do a google-search for 'winrar' and you'll find it.

7-zip is completely free and will not expire after 30 days. it is what i use to open RAR files:beam:

Denbo
09-18-2007, 19:01
I have just download the above file from axfile which gave me the balancing mini - mod, where do I cut and paste this because I can't see in the forum where it explains where??

Denbo

mlp071
09-19-2007, 22:11
I have just download the above file from axfile which gave me the balancing mini - mod, where do I cut and paste this because I can't see in the forum where it explains where??

Denbo

You have full explanation in first post of this topic:2thumbsup:

Jurdagat
09-25-2007, 08:06
This mod did by far increase the EB experience towards the better.
I'm totally blown away of how much this mod has made my current campaign a lot more interesting then my previous ones.

Not to mention that I've seen the AI use very good and balanced armies, and I've even seen the AI use some units I've never seen them use before.
The Aedui even crushed my polybian army at one point, where I used the 3 line checkerboard formation... which normally works great even with it's simplicity :)

I just wanted to give my thanks for this wonderful little mod. :)

raenor
09-26-2007, 11:06
Just wanted to say thanks to Redmeth and mlp071 for this great mod.

EB is fantastic and this just makes it so much better.

In my old Epirus campaign I held Byzantion (There were others like this but this is the best) While each turn Pontos attacked with 1-2 full stacks of Mercenaries. Each turn I had to fight 2-3 major seige battles which really slowed gameplay down and sucked.

This makes it much more fun and realistic and im now taking the war to AS and Ptol as Makedonia! They have formed a triple alliance with Epirus against me and there is much carnage (admittedly I am the one dealing the carnage out!) And they are fielding elite armies, I found out the hard way that Agryasipidai Thorakitai and the Hellenikoi Kataphraktio (sp) hurt... alot.

Thanks again

Rae

Jarardo
10-13-2007, 04:09
Are you guys porting this to 1.0?

Dooz
10-13-2007, 06:57
I pray to the mod god that they do. After over 10 years in the game, I'm seeing some of the old tendencies. A lot of cheap skirmisher heavy armies, and a whole lot of armies roaming around at that. I would love to see this ported to 1.0, please, please, please do.

Sassem
10-13-2007, 08:15
I pray to the mod god that they do. After over 10 years in the game, I'm seeing some of the old tendencies. A lot of cheap skirmisher heavy armies, and a whole lot of armies roaming around at that. I would love to see this ported to 1.0, please, please, please do.

Are you guys porting this to 1.0?

:idea2: Yes that's a good idea Redmeth you should be part of the EB team at least you could give them some advise but ....ehm...wait ..are you...noo....really:shame:

Redmeth
10-13-2007, 09:02

In 1.0 the script is coded differently but the sums the AI receives are roughly the same. If you used the balanced EBBS.

Anyway if you really want this take section 4a and 4b from this and replace 5a and 5b (make sure you backup of course).

Dooz
10-13-2007, 09:07
How about the Merc part of it? And wasn't there also work done on recruitment and whanot to make the armies as awesome as they were? How would those be incorporated?

Redmeth
10-13-2007, 09:25
How about the Merc part of it? And wasn't there also work done on recruitment and whanot to make the armies as awesome as they were? How would those be incorporated?

The recruitment was the result of AI getting a lot of money and building up their MICs.

The merc part was different but the 1.0 merc part uses a different idea (pools) but the replenishment times are low perhaps lower than in the minimod.

I am not saying 1.0 is balanced perfectly and this is the way it will be from now on, it's an important objective I'll have on my list, if you still feel this is better you can adapt this to 1.0 (the new unit mercs will not be recruitable though) and it might unbalance other factions that were tweaked in other ways.

Dooz
10-13-2007, 14:33
20 years in, AI expansion has been looking good. The problem I've been seeing is army composition. Was there anything at all done with that regards in this mod? It seemed like every army I saw with the balanced mod was perfectly varied and had good troops and everything. Were there any priority changes done? Now I'm seeing a lot of cheap unit armies. Also, there seem to be more armies around than with this mod, and it was better with fewer making battles matter more and so on.

Spoofa
10-13-2007, 21:01
I just noticed that in 1.0 Vanilla there are about 10 mercs avalible all around Greece, meaning the AI could sum up an army quite fast in one turn.

mcantu
10-13-2007, 21:14
I just noticed that in 1.0 Vanilla there are about 10 mercs avalible all around Greece, meaning the AI could sum up an army quite fast in one turn.

But that merc pool is for a larger number of territories and replenishment is much slower

Aymar de Bois Mauri
10-14-2007, 01:04
Redmeth is an EB member for quite some time now.

Dooz
10-14-2007, 06:31
You know what? I think I jumped the gun a little bit. Now I'm 30 years in and armies seem to be nicely varied around the world. I guess they needed a little bit of time to build up economy and MIC's, I should have taken that into consideration. I just took a look around with the spy script on and I'm loving what I'm seeing. One problem seemed to be greek type factions, like the KH and Maks. They seem to have a lot of hoplite levies, and the Epirotes have a few cheap armies too. But compared to the overall armies I've seen it's not that big a deal. Unless it's something that happens in every campaign I suppose...

So hey, factions are progressing well and armies are composed nicely. Looks like EB 1.0 has caught up to the AI balancing mini-mod, so kudos to the team and Redmeth for getting on the team and helping out to make it so. Great job guys!

Danzifuge
02-13-2008, 06:30
though this mod seems impressive, i was wondering if there was a way to tackle one of the issues that bugs me most about the early game in EB. the first few turns are spent waiting for your income to rise to where it should be from the start. what exactly is this supposed to represent in the game. the only thing i could think would be some sort of revolution. but it happens to the human player (and probably only the human player) no matter what faction he chooses. can someone direct me to the script i can delete to remove this?

also, quite often the solutions everyone chooses too balance the ai is to give more money to the small and less to the rich. why not forget giving assistance, but have increased upkeep of buildings (i'm a newb, so i'm not even sure if this exists) so that large empires have to deal with paying for a lot of buildings, as well as enforcing higher corruption rates on a city to city basis (based on their size and distance from the capital). one more idea, might be to make unit cost and upkeep much cheaper for the first 20 or so units a faction has. and from there on a sliding scale, increase the cost to the norm. this would enforce the idea that the soldiers in small factions understood the need to protect the kingdom and were willing to take cuts in pay to do so. these costs would only apply to units recruited in homelands of course.

just my two cents

overweightninja
02-13-2008, 14:34
though this mod seems impressive, i was wondering if there was a way to tackle one of the issues that bugs me most about the early game in EB. the first few turns are spent waiting for your income to rise to where it should be from the start. what exactly is this supposed to represent in the game. the only thing i could think would be some sort of revolution. but it happens to the human player (and probably only the human player) no matter what faction he chooses. can someone direct me to the script i can delete to remove this?

The script does not affect directly affect the players money. Most factions will be going into debt at the start of the game, this is because of the high upkeep of the units mainly, and the main two strategies are too dispand or conquer, refer to the FAQ in the main EB forum for more details.

why not forget giving assistance, but have increased upkeep of buildings (i'm a newb, so i'm not even sure if this exists)

Sorry, no it doesn't :)

one more idea, might be to make unit cost and upkeep much cheaper for the first 20 or so units a faction has.

Again I am not sure this is possible even with scripting.

Also note AFAIK Redmeth's work is now part of the official release, so I suppose that leaves this thread redundant (hence no replies since 1.0 was released :beam:). This thread may be of interest to you though:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=93151

Cheers

Danzifuge
02-14-2008, 07:22
@ninja

yeah i kinda figured the redundancy after trying it out on rp mode and noticing no difference whatsoever.

the thing that bothers me though is, although everyone may start headed for debt with cities losing up to -2000 a turn, even if you do nothing for your economy this loss of income for each city slowly turns around for no reason at all. this implies there is a script that hurts your income that gradually lessens per turn. i'd like to remove this, so the player has a better standing to start with. and i doubt it applies to the ai. playing as epirus, i defeated three macedonian armies of equal standing (number and unit composition), took their two main cities (pella and demetrias), and what do i see the next turn? an army of 12 macedonian units settling squatting near corinth, while i'm in debt -8000 and have built no new units since the start of the campaign. so, i played as macedon just to see if they really had a numerical superiority to start with. they do, but only very slight as they start with two medium sized armies, but it would be impossible for them to recruit armies as fast as they did as the ai if they were imposed with same negative income.

thanks for the link. i'll check it out.
EDIT: that links nothing but the AI progression thread, a place to put up screenshots of how the ai is doing.

mlp071
05-02-2008, 18:46
I wouldn't call some parts here redundant.

Mercenary part and EBBS scripts is redundant(EB team did great job on Mercs file), but money script part (in EBBS script) still works.It probably requires some minor tweaks to streamline 1 or 2 factions progression, but other then that it gives more AI units (how many is dependant of which script).Rebels money script is still same.

I am using one of them, because i am finding , for my own purposes, 1.1 script not sufficient enough to provide me any challenge , specially after 260.For my comparison, i would equal 1.1 script on Very Hard to 0.81 vanilla EB script on Medium difficulty( talking about finance part).Again , this is my personal opinion only.

Still , i can't recommend it till some changes. And if you want to use it, do that at your own discretion(money part only) , due to mentioned progression reason.

Skandinav
05-18-2008, 15:32
Is the roleplaying mod compatible with EB 1.1 ?

belliger
06-04-2008, 17:16
hallo redmeth.
i installed your AI mod, the challenge one.
i wish also to install the Spoils of Victory minimod, by v.t. martin.
do they interfere? can they be installed and work together?
i ask it because i see that some files to change are the same, despite that sometimes they don't have the .txt end.
thanks

Fish-got-a-Sniper
06-07-2008, 01:32
Is this compatible with the EBBS script mod that eliminates the client ruler script? I want to download the RP version of this but I don't want to have to worry about spending hours of pressing delete to remove the client ruler script again.

Strategos Alexandros
06-08-2008, 10:54
@ Fish-got-a-Sniper It won't be compatible and it might not work with 1.1 anyway.

sfmain
07-12-2008, 03:04
is there any way to make this compatible with alex.exe E.B. 1.1?(specifically the challenging mod)