PDA

View Full Version : What to include/not include in 2.0?

Wladyslaw IV
06-25-2007, 15:48
One, I would like to see less titles. 5 per province gets a little hard to manage.

Two, let the stack bar or whatever it is called that goes up next a unit on the campaign map fluctuate, it's an easy way to guess without fighting how big an enemy army is.

And three, which I think the 1100 new units would cover, more infantry units! (COVERED)

Ok, and four!! Since I finally got the internet in my place, I'll update this post regularly as I think of more things I would like to see in 2.0.

Sorry for the (temporary) inconvenience,

The Wladyslaw :juggle2:

Deus ret.
06-26-2007, 19:02
Two, let the stack bar or whatever it is called that goes up next a unit on the campaign map fluctuate, it's an easy way to guess without fighting how big an enemy army is.
Ceg did already rule this out quite some time ago. I can't remember the exact reason anymore but I guess we'll have to enjoy 2.0 without this feature....

Ok, and four!! Since I finally got the internet in my place, I'll update this post regularly as I think of more things I would like to see in 2.0.
I'm not really sure how far 2.0 is already progressed but probably it might have been a good idea if wish-lists had been brought up some time ago, around a year or so....

Nevertheless, good luck for your suggestions. I for myself quite enjoy the multitude of titles (which actually isn't that overwhelming except for Hapsburg in Early and Poland in general), and let's see what Ceg chooses to implement.

cegorach
06-30-2007, 10:57
Multitude of titles is hard to avoid, often impossible.

The thing is that fdor example the field marshalls for german factions appear ALL at once when certain level of military reforms is 'build' anywhere. Unfortunatelly I cannot limit that to one per each such 'building'and adding only one makes little sense.

Surely it is a flaw to most small factions, but when your empire grows the number of titles STAYS the same - it is hardcoded so you will 'run out' of the titles soon...

More infantry units... Hard to say. I will addd some new ones + ALL which need so will get uniqe 'dismounted' form.

This means that for example mercenary dragoons will be dismoutable as foot Mercenary Dragoons with different stats than present mercenary musketeers they are if dismounted.

My main idea is to make unit rosters both diverse (more than now) and simplier to see through and use. So the mod will be larger, but much more user-friendly.

It will be a multi-universe mod with each faction having its own 'feel'

About proposals - you can always post them.

Some I will be able to include for sure - but nothing too large I can't afford 'a revolution' in the existing features.:2thumbsup:

Wladyslaw IV
07-02-2007, 21:17
Wow, I do write stupid s### sometimes. I'm kind of beat and tired today. Hmm, do have the internet here though so I can come back with more of my stupid (yet famous) spam (in a good way) the Pike and Musket I forum!

Yes, infantry are good. I like them much better than calvary. Sure calvary kill quicker, but they get shot up quicker as well. Infantry last longer I think in general, period.

So is it worth starting one last grand campaign for P and M I v 1.5, or should I wait?

And to both of you - visit the Lordz forum more often, I am Casimir. (the guy whos got it in for Lady Meg)

Hmm, ok nap time :Zzzz: (wow, I like the new emoticons)

Cangrande
07-10-2007, 15:27
An English Civil War/30YW campaign

Does anyone know of any playable - as in available - ECW or 30YW mods?

Cheers!

Wladyslaw IV
07-11-2007, 20:09

Cheers!

Yes, there is a 30YW mod for Civilization IV. If you have the game go to civfanatics.com and search around a bit. You'll find it. If you can't I'll point you in the direction of it.

The mod is very very good. Huge map of Europe (just Europe) but many many cities.

Cangrande
07-14-2007, 09:28
Cheers Wladyslaw, sadly I don't have Civ so I guess I'll just keep waiting for the P&M ECW campaign...

Please tell me it's coming soon! :sweatdrop:

cegorach
07-16-2007, 07:28

Cheers!

There was a 30YW mod but was abandoned which was one of main reasons why I have started this project - see the first post in XVI-XVII thread.