PDA

View Full Version : Progress Update 01/07/07

Bwian
07-01-2007, 14:06
Another in my rather random and occasional series of posts to give an idea on the mod progress. Some things should be obvious to the followers of hte mod ..some perhaps not!

Anyway...here we go!

Dwarves:
Basic crew unit - complete
Dwarf Miner - complete
Dwarf Slayer - complete

Skeletons are completed for the single handed axe/mace and the 2 handed. Currently omplete but untested are the crsbow ones and the arquebusier for the Dwarf missile troops.
A basic warrior unit is also built but not yet in game.

Vampire Counts:
Zombie militia - complete
Skeleton militia - complete
Skeleton javelin - complete. Not strictly canon, but some form of missile was needed for balance
Skeleton halberdiers - complete
Skeleton Swordsmen - complete
Armoured Skeletons - complete

Work is also underway for the skeleton black-knights, which are just about the only cavalry these guys have aside from the actual Vampire units. A larger armoured skeleton unit will be used for the Wights, using the 1.1 scaled skeletons set up for the Chaos Warriors. Ghouls will also feature, but are only just started!

Tomb Kings:
Basic warrior - complete
Spearmen - complete
Archers - complete
Light cavalry - complete
Ushabti - model 50% done
Armoured foot soldiers - started
Bone Giants - complete

Still looking at ways of making chariots for these guys, which will really flesh out ( if thats possible ) the unit list. Some thoughts about special units for these guys... but nothing definite. Hope to have more on this nexy update.

Chaos:
Chaos Marauders - complete
Mounted Marauders - complete
Chaos Javelins - nearly done...want a mounted version of these too
Elite Marauders - model done
Mounted Elite Marauders - same as above!
Chaos Warriors - complete

Need to get stuck into the more advanced models for this faction. Oversize skeletons for the bigger units are already available and in place, so the main work is now the mesh files for these guys. Again, this is a faction I plan to focus on in the coming weeks.

Orcs:
Basic skeletons is done, and an initial model completed. Much work to do, but the basics have been done to allow work to continue once the mesh issues are resolved. Early days for this faction!

Empire:
Empire Crew - complete
Free Company fighters - complete
Militia Archers - complete
Militia Crossbowmen - complete
Handgunners - complete
Halberdiers - complete
Swordsmen - complete
Spearmen - complete

Need some cavalry and greatswords to round out hte faction, but the core units are in place, and things are looking good here.

The map is under way, with all the basic land-masses done, and the actual territories sorted. Cities are located, and it is just the terrain to do in detail before that is finished.

Build trees and recruitment seems to be coming into focus a bit better, and serious work on that element should be starting soon.

The bulk of the unit descriptions are done for the units we have, and it's just a question of sticking all this in and doing the cutting and pasting :beam:

McIwoo
07-01-2007, 14:38
keep it up! :2thumbsup:

Rogu3granny
07-01-2007, 15:46
I have to say absolutely amazing, I am in the top 10 of Battlefield 2142 but this has got me excited more than any mod for 2142, keep it up lads your doing a grand job.

Lordy
07-01-2007, 16:24
When do we get the elves?? Think of the elves damnit think of the elves!

Just kidding, keep the hard work going.

Bwian
07-01-2007, 17:51
Elves...toffee nosed, pointy eared snobs....

DrZoidberg
07-01-2007, 18:09
It looks even better than what I was expecting. Good work. I look forward to this baby so badly.

Blood Claw
07-01-2007, 18:19
Looking great so far. I can't wait to see some Lizardmen troops. :2thumbsup:

Rogu3granny
07-01-2007, 18:32

PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE, i want to be a toffee nosed, pointy eared snobs

Lordy
07-01-2007, 18:52

Your just upset cos we kicked your ass in the war of the beared!

Jubee
07-01-2007, 21:39
Your just upset cos we kicked your ass in the war of the beared!

What? I don't know is that a joke or sarkasm but dwarfs won that war.

Lordy
07-01-2007, 21:50
What? I don't know is that a joke or sarkasm but dwarfs won that war.

Omg he didnt bloody know that! well at least we shaved the dwarf prince, that tought him a lesson, little baldy!

alexader
07-01-2007, 22:17
what dwarves? the dwarves were running deep inside in their caves to hide,from the elves and from the greekskins,but this is another story.the dwarves were buthered badly but they still kick ass with all that tricky things who have invented because they were run out of dwarves:egypt: ok don't take it bad all my friends i know who paly with dwarves are all the do the honoured tactic of take cover ,tight up and fire from afar.were is the honour of the buthing Aaaghhh:egypt: keep on good work,use the force to guide you in your difficult paths,long live the warhammer.......:egypt:

Rogu3granny
07-02-2007, 11:19
Just out of interest Bwian, when do you think a beta wil be released ?

DrZoidberg
07-02-2007, 11:54
Just out of interest Bwian, when do you think a beta wil be released ?

Ah, yes. This question again. I can't wait for the answer, that probably won't be the same as he's already given a million times. *all anxious* :laugh4:

Bwian
07-02-2007, 18:52
The release date was fixed right from the start, and has remained solidly unchanged.

The Beta release will be:

WHEN IT'S READY :clown:

Eufarius
07-02-2007, 19:19
nice Bwian and co. you guys are doing a great job.

DrZoidberg
07-03-2007, 11:40
The release date was fixed right from the start, and has remained solidly unchanged.

The Beta release will be:

WHEN IT'S READY :clown:

Seriously. If a company like Blizzard can't give a better prediction than what general year they'll release something in, then it's hardly fair to expect a bunch of guys working when ever they can fit it into their schedule to say anything concrete.

essi2
07-03-2007, 18:33
good to hear that the mod is coming along :beam:

I'll make sure the peeps over at the Real Time Strategy Gamers Union hears about this mod and it's progress :yes:

Pantsalot
07-06-2007, 23:18
i never would of thaught this would of been done so quickly (:/
Will u have a big pause after the first dl release & later next year
prepare a add-on?
& what r u going to do about medieval 2 kingdoms expansion :gah:
sry for the large amount of questions & I kinda doubt they will be
answered :laugh4:

Bwian
07-07-2007, 08:52
As far as downloads go, we will taje that a it comes. No definite plans yet...just releases as and when we can.

The Kingdoms expansion is another unknown. We are makinghte mod for the original game, not the expansion. If we fall into the trap of converting over, we end up slowing down releases and making it so that there are fewer people able to play the mod.

If, when it comes, Kingdoms brings with it features that we absolutely must have that the stock game won't let us, then we would have to consider a port over to the expansion.... but we will wait and see.

Don't forget...the Alexander add-on to RTW was virtually unmoddable with the RTW toolset... and this could happen again!

However it goes, the initial release of this mod will be for M2TW, not Kingdoms.

Spankfurt
07-08-2007, 00:01
Great job, great job so far :laugh4:

By the way, Bwian....why don't you change you silly albino avatar pic and get a manly, scowling skin-head?

Bwian
07-08-2007, 00:11

Spankfurt
07-10-2007, 15:28
It's the face under your name and mines a skin-head :dizzy2: