PDA

View Full Version : Assassin mafia (ultra mini game)

Sasaki Kojiro
07-02-2007, 18:44
Roles:

1 King
4 Guards
1 Assassin

The assassin wins if he kills the king, the guards lose if the king dies. The guards are know who the king is, the king does not know who the guards are or who the assassin is, and the assassin doesn't know who any of them are. At any time the assassin may post "Kill:player" and if that person is the king then the assassin wins and escapes with his life. If that person is not the king then the assassin is executed and the guards win. When the assassin is lynched he gets to make one kill, if successful he wins the game even though he will be killed...it's a suicide mission. There is no nighttime and no night kills. If the king is lynched the assassin also wins. Obviously the guards will have to balance risking the kings lynch with revealing who the king is.

Normal rules apply.

Signed up:
Omanes
GH
WH
Andres
Dutch Guy
Louis

Obviously, the game could be easily broken by the guards pm'ing the king to prove their innocence, so there will be zero out of thread communication

Days last unlimited time, majority to lynch, no unvoting after majority has been reached.

If you post"kill:player" and are not the assassin, you will be modkilled.

Here is the guard pm:

Title: Assassin Mafia
Text: You are a guard. The king is player.
Time sent: 15:47

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-02-2007, 18:52
In.

However, I'm very sorry to inform you that I feel that you may be skipping the gaming que a little. GeneralHankerchief is next in for a mini game, followed closely by Warmaster Horus. My apologies.

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 18:52
There is a queue, you know. :inquisitive:

Oh, and sign me up for later.

-edit- Blast you, Omanes!

Sasaki Kojiro
07-02-2007, 18:54
Gh may be first in the mini queue, but i'm first in the ultra-mini queue.

:bounce:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-02-2007, 19:04
If that is the case Sasaki, would this queuing system (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1597966&postcount=399), which I have devised based upon what you have recently said, be accurate?

Warmaster Horus
07-02-2007, 19:14
In.

Nice idea, I guess we can divide mafia games like this now if we keep this up:
Large mafias ,+12 players
Mini mafias, max 12 players
Ultra mini mafias, max 6 players.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-02-2007, 19:14
Yup.

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 19:15
I wouldn't add a new category so much as chalk it up to Sasaki abusing implementing his Gameroom mod powers. :grin:

Andres
07-02-2007, 19:19
How about a micro mafia? only 3 players.

Or a nano mafia? 1/1000000000th player per game... :inquisitive:

Bwah, in.

Dutch_guy
07-02-2007, 19:22
In.

:balloon2:

Andres
07-02-2007, 19:26
the king does not know who the guards are

Does this mean the King knows who the assassin is?

Sasaki Kojiro
07-02-2007, 19:27
No.

Dutch_guy
07-02-2007, 19:29
Does this mean the King knows who the assassin is?

Would sort of defeat the purpose of having to find out who the assassin is, now doesn't it :beam:

I'd imagine a smart king would be then able to end the game fairly quickly...

Andres
07-02-2007, 19:30
Can we pm? Is quoting of pm's allowed in private as well as in public? It seems to me that no pm-ing and no quoting would make for an intresting game.

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 19:31
Can we pm? Is quoting of pm's allowed in private as well as in public? It seems to me that no pm-ing and no quoting would make for an intresting game.

Yeah, otherwise I'd just tell all the guards to send their PM to the King.

Andres
07-02-2007, 19:32
Would sort of defeat the purpose of having to find out who the assassin is, now doesn't it :beam:

I'd imagine a smart king would be then able to end the game fairly quickly...

Hmmm...

:creep:

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 19:34
Seems Sasaki's first post holds the answer.

Andres
07-02-2007, 19:44
Seems Sasaki's first post holds the answer.

I guess my stupid questions are starting to annoy him... :grin:

Louis VI the Fat
07-02-2007, 19:50
Can I join? Sounds fun and not excessively time-consuming.

Andres
07-02-2007, 19:52
That's number 6 :jumping:

Warmaster Horus
07-02-2007, 19:52
Well, if it starts later tonight, I think it will be finished by next week.

If you get addicted to mafia, join the other games!

Bienvenue à cette partie de l'Org, Louis.

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 19:54
Il était ici pour Capo et aussi pour Google Earth, je pense. :wink:

Dutch_guy
07-02-2007, 20:15
Il était ici pour Capo et aussi pour Google Earth, je pense. :wink:

True.

Csargo
07-02-2007, 20:24
:shrug:

Louis VI the Fat
07-02-2007, 20:30
Merci, Warmaster! I did play in Capo before - you've got a good memory, GH. It was brilliant fun, but it ate two weeks of my life. I promised myself not to play another mafia game for a looong time to come, to protect myself. But this one sounds, well, fun and not excessively time-consuming. :balloon2:

J'ai l'impression que tout le monde parle français ici... :jumping:

Sasaki Kojiro
07-02-2007, 20:39
Signups closed, role pm's going out.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-02-2007, 20:48
It is now day. With 6 alive it's 4 to lynch.

Andres
07-02-2007, 20:54
Vote : Louis VI the Fat

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 20:54
Okay, since there's no unvoting we should get to talking before deciding anything.

Obviously, if we all collaborate it's easy to find the assassin. But since Sasaki disallows PMing we must talk here. And here, there is a good chance that the assassin will be able to pick up on our discussion and insert himself into it flawlessly. We cannot demand certain people to know who the King is because they will just accuse us of being the assassin and asking for info in order to provide a quick kill.

Correct?

Andres
07-02-2007, 20:57
Okay, since there's no unvoting

:oops:

You're right.

no unvoting

:wall:

And I cannot edit my posts...

Sorry guys...

Warmaster Horus
07-02-2007, 20:59
I think I see what you mean GH. If I do understand correctly, then I agree. Also, won't the guards know who to lynch if the future lynchee attacks the king?

Andres, reasoning? Beside random voting.

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:02

It was just my way to say "welcome back Louis"... Should have read the whole opening post instead of stopping at sentence "normal rules apply".

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 21:02
I think I see what you mean GH. If I do understand correctly, then I agree. Also, won't the guards know who to lynch if the future lynchee attacks the king?

Yes, but if the assassin is smart they'll know that the guards will not try to bring out the King by over-protecting him - maybe they'd even throw a vote (just one!) his way in order to throw the assassin off.

Of course, would any guard risk doing that knowing full well that the wrath of the other three might come down on him in full force? Ugh, this game is driving me nuts already... :wall:

Sasaki Kojiro
07-02-2007, 21:03
You are allowed to unvote. After a majority has been reached, unvotes are not allowed, that's what that bit was supposed to mean.

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:07
You are allowed to unvote.

:sweatdrop:

Anyway, what strategy do you propose Luigi?

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 21:08
Ah, much better then.

Vote: Omanes

No votes on you yet and you haven't said anything since the game began.

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:09
maybe they'd even throw a vote (just one!) his way in order to throw the assassin off.

We have 6 players right now, 4 guards who know who is the King and the King himself who, obviously, won't vote for himself. In fact, we can even risk 2 votes on the King.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-02-2007, 21:11
I'm lurking because there is very little to discuss - I don't have a preference for rounds which involve random voting, unless the target is acting dangerously. A 1/6 chance of getting an assassin is not enough to make me want to lynch somebody.

Vote: Andres

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 21:12
There are far too few players to really lurk successfully in this game. If we all keep discussion going to a max it would be much easier to weed out the assassin.

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:16
I'm lurking because there is very little to discuss - I don't have a preference for rounds which involve random voting, unless the target is acting dangerously. A 1/6 chance of getting an assassin is not enough to make me want to lynch somebody.

It's 4 to lynch and there's no limit on the duration of the day.

The more we talk, the more people will have to reveal. 5 people know who is King, only one does not.

We should be able to detect our assassin in 1 round if we get enough discussion.

Eventually, voting patern, one misplaced vote, will probably reveal the assassin.

Cast a vote Omanes. If we want to win this game, everybody needs to cast votes.

Warmaster Horus
07-02-2007, 21:16
^^ Omanes, don't lurk. That's marking you as an assassin.

Andres, unvote.

If we risk two votes, won't that begin a bandwagon?

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:19
Omanes' post before his edit:

After his edit:

Andres, voting for somebody randomly as a "welcome back" is just unreasonable. There is only a 1 in 6 chance of getting the assassin.

You certainly regret that I quoted your post while you were editing it, huh...?

Unvote; Vote : Omanes

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 21:21
Okay, Omanes voted (check his former "I'm lurking" post). I don't really agree with his reasoning, but I don't think he's fully grasped the mechanics of this game yet. However, he is beginning to speak and that is good.

Unvote: Omanes
Vote: Dutch_guy

Also a "prodding" vote. I want to hear your thoughts.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-02-2007, 21:22
Running vote counts would be appreciated.

Omanes: 1 ( Andres)
Andres: 1 (omanes)
Dutch_guy: 1(GH)

4 to lynch

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:27
Hmmm... I don't like Omanes' edit, but he talked and votes are quickly changed if needed.

I'll vote the other lurker.

Unvote; Vote : Louis VI the Fat

Welcome back. Now, talk :whip:

Tally:

Louis VI: 1 ( Andres)

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-02-2007, 21:28
I see odd behavior Andres, just because I edited my post to seem less suspitious, since I am a guard, doesn't make me mafia. As you can see, I've edited it back so you guys know I am not embarrassed or nervous about it.

Anyhow, Andres, I've never seen you behave in this way before - why are you acting differently?

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:30
Anyhow, Andres, I've never seen you behave in this way before - why are you acting differently?

Am I ? :inquisitive:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-02-2007, 21:31
You've never overviewed a post like that before.

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:32
Andres, unvote.

Why did you want me to unvote?

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:34
You've never overviewed a post like that before.

I noticed it, because I quoted your original post and saw you edited your post at the same time I posted my quote of your original post.

You must admit there was a huge difference between your original post and the edited one.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-02-2007, 21:37
Andres, really, haven't you yet realized that people are posting while you are posting. Perhaps Horus was in this situation? All I see from you is a framing attempt here, and a not especially well devised one at that.

You must admit there was a huge difference between your original post and the edited one.True, but I see no way it arouses suspicion around me, especially since I changed it back - if I was afraid of it, or had anything to hide, I would have retained the edit.

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:40
Andres, really, haven't you yet realised that people are posting while you are posting. Perhaps Horus was in this situation? All I see from you is a framing attempt here, and a not especially well devised one at that/

Apparantly, people are even editing while I am posting :bounce:

Besides, what's wrong with making another player to talk. How else are we supposed to win this game?

We need a) to discuss b) to vote and to switch votes. Discussion and voting patterns are the only clues we are going to get in this game.

Do you agree? If not, why not?

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 21:41
True, but I see no way it frames me, especially since I changed it back - if I was afraid of it, or had anything to hide, I would have retained the edit.

I disagree. An edit like that (and a subsequent one!) causes confusion and, as I'm sure you've gathered, suspicion. Any edited post does. Better if you just left it the way it was and made a new post so people would logically see your thought procession.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-02-2007, 21:43
I agree with the discussion part, but I still think it may be dangerous as it can benefit both sides. I find that changing of votes is unreasonable unless there is a decent reason behind it. It runs the risk of causing bandwaggoning while you are inactive and cannot remove the vote. I'm not too sure if that will happen in this game though, since the players aren't the easily influenced type.

Louis VI the Fat
07-02-2007, 21:44
Hm, five know who the king is, one doesn't. The king doesn't want to reveal himself, neither does the assassin. Would it be wise for guards to pretend to be king, to put the assassin on the wrong foot?

Now if I were the assassin, what would be my strategy? I'd pretend to be a guard wanting to find out who the assassin is. This is easily overdone, a too pro-active guard might just be our assassin.
He'll be keeping my eye open for any kingly behaviour as well. This means he wants people to talk, demanding they partake in the discussion.

I say Andres is acting suspiciously agressive...

Vote : Andres

Andres: 2 (omanes, Louis)

Warmaster Horus
07-02-2007, 21:45
Andres, when I asked you to unvote, that was after your first vote, for Louis, which was an obvious random vote. I thought you forgot to unvote Louis, and I thought you had wanted too. Therefore, I thought it useful to remind you.

Omanes, if you had anything to hide, but didn't want people to know it, you'd act like you had nothing to hide, no? Doing things like re-editing posts, etc.

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:47
changing of votes is unreasonable unless there is a decent reason behind it.

Contradictio in terminis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contradictio_in_terminis) ?

:inquisitive:

Warmaster Horus
07-02-2007, 21:49
No, I'd think more of obvious-pointing-out-ness.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-02-2007, 21:50
I'm using usual reverse logic procedure. If I was mafia, I would be more secretive and less suspitious than if I was. Ridiculous, but I'm always like this in most games - it's my way of playing.

Andres
07-02-2007, 21:51
Now if I were the assassin, what would be my strategy? I'd pretend to be a guard wanting to find out who the assassin is. This is easily overdone, a too pro-active guard might just be our assassin.
He'll be keeping my eye open for any kingly behaviour as well. This means he wants people to talk, demanding they partake in the discussion.

I say Andres is acting suspiciously agressive...

Vote : Andres

Andres: 2 (omanes, Louis)

Too pro-active?

At least I get people to talk.

I always hate quoting myself...:

We need a) to discuss b) to vote and to switch votes. Discussion and voting patterns are the only clues we are going to get in this game.

Consider the question adressed to you as well, Luigi.

Répondez-moi, Frenchie :whip:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-02-2007, 21:54
Dutch_guy, where are you? Please post to confirm that you are not a hiding killer, keeping out of discussion to avoid been noticed.

Warmaster Horus
07-02-2007, 22:07
Coincidence: I'm off to playing on my lack of internet laptop for an hour, and then sleep. I'll be back at around 7 GMT.

Louis VI the Fat
07-02-2007, 22:18
Dutch_guy, where are you, please post to confirm that you are not a hiding killer.I think our assassin would be either very pro-active or very quiet. That means either Andres or Dutch_guy.

What you've got hiding in that balloon of yours? :balloon2:

Unvote: Andres

Dutch_guy: 2 (GH, Louis)

Andres
07-02-2007, 22:28
I think our assassin would be either very pro-active or very quiet. That means either Andres or Dutch_guy.

What you've got hiding in that balloon of yours? :balloon2:

Dutch_guy: 2 (GH, Louis)

I asked you a question in post #60. Would you be son kind to answer it?

GeneralHankerchief
07-02-2007, 22:33
I think that this game might be over in one round, one way or another.

Csargo
07-03-2007, 00:38
GH :whip:

Dutch_guy
07-03-2007, 01:52
guys, thanks for all the prod- voting, but understand that I tend to go out at night. My summer holidays have already started, and I can basically make it as late as I wish :yes:

I think our assassin would be either very pro-active or very quiet. That means either Andres or Dutch_guy.

I think a smart assassin would be a mix of both, and I think you're well aware of that. :wink:

PS: keep in mind I leave in Holland, which is at least a seven hour time difference with the States. Don't expect me to reply at such an absurd time again.

GeneralHankerchief
07-03-2007, 02:16
PS: keep in mind I leave in Holland, which is at least a seven hour time difference with the States. Don't expect me to reply at such an absurd time again.

Hah, I'm the only non-Euro playing right now. You guys should be getting on me.

Andres
07-03-2007, 15:10
guys, thanks for all the prod- voting, but understand that I tend to go out at night. My summer holidays have already started, and I can basically make it as late as I wish

Well, given the mechanics of this game, it is highly recommended every player participates and votes. Have any suspicions already? Constantly abstaining won't do you any good :whip:

With the exception of GH, all players are euro's. So feel free to answer at a non-absurd time...

Louis, why did you deliberately ignore to answer my question or to comment my statements?

And how about Dutch_guy's answer? You voted to pressure him, to make him talk. Now that he has, what are your thoughts? Any comments at all?

What are your thoughts on the other players thus far?

Louis VI the Fat
07-03-2007, 16:03

Louis, why did you deliberately ignore to answer my question or to comment my statements?

And how about Dutch_guy's answer? You voted to pressure him, to make him talk. Now that he has, what are your thoughts? Any comments at all?

Consider the question adressed to you as well, Luigi.

Répondez-moi, Frenchie I did answer your question, more or less, in my previous post. I think we should discuss matters, yes. But, this was my answer, I also think that the assassin, being the only one without a clue as to the identity of the others, will be either very silent or very pro-active. Silent, because he lacks information everybody else has, and this could betray himself if he talks too much. Or pro-active because more than anybody else he's desperate to snoop around and figure stuff out.
Look, unlike probably you, I don't need to find out who the king is from amongst five people. I only need to find out who the assassin is from amongst four people. I've got time too, if I make a mistake, I've got three more shots at it. No sweat. The Assassin only has one shot - are you desperate yet?

Dutch_guy
07-03-2007, 16:48
Well, given the mechanics of this game, it is highly recommended every player participates and votes. Have any suspicions already? Constantly abstaining won't do you any good :whip:

Oh no worries Andres, I understand abstaining won't do us much good in such a game.

There's been too little discussion going on, we need to generate more of it - with people saying so little it's hard to deduct anything. Which is why I'm voting Warmaster Horus. What are your current thoughts of the game, and if you had to vote who'd be your pick ? How do you think we can best find the assassin ? Yeah, that's - to quote GH - a 'prodding' vote. And I'd like to hear you what you have to say, when you have the time to answer.

With the exception of GH, all players are euro's. So feel free to answer at an absurd time...

Yeah, I gathered as much from GenH's reply. :beam:

As stated above. And while we're at it, what are yours ? Remember I do know how you act as a mafioso...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-03-2007, 17:29
May I point out something I realized today. The player who promotes discussion the most is most likely to be the assassin - in this game the assassin is looking for the King which he may be able to route out by talking. Doesn't that take us over to Andres?

Warmaster Horus
07-03-2007, 17:30
Of course, 10 to 6 isn't an absurd time, so feel free to post at around those hours...

If I had to vote somebody, I guess I'd vote Andres. Or Omanes. Andres has been directing conversation, and that, as said above, can be a sign from the mafia.

Omanes, though, has been active recently, and after Dutch_Guy's return. His (Omane's) last post being a query on Dutch Guy, he should have returned by now.

As for how to find an assassin who doesn't know anybody, who's surrounded by people who know one person, I'd try to trap him. If he's intelligent enough, he won't fall in said trap, but he still might. Vote analysis, or lack thereof, or enthusiasm of voting can be also used. If one of the aforementioned suspects are included in the results of those searches, then it's all the better, innit?

Have I said enough? Do you want more? Because, of course, revealing a method of mafia search, can lead to the mafia not being caught.

So, Omanes, who do you think promotes discussion here? Also, isn't lack of discussion a benefit for the assassin?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-03-2007, 17:38
So, Omanes, who do you think promotes discussion here?Andres - twenty-two ingame posts. The person below him GH, only has thirteen.
Also, isn't lack of discussion a benefit for the assassin?I do not believe so in this game. The assassin is looking for the King and is preparing to kill him. He will only find the king through hunting for him, mostly through searching over discussion. Of course this can work both ways, so really it does balance itself out in neither side's favor.

Warmaster Horus
07-03-2007, 17:38
Answering my own question, no, lack of discussion doesn't benefit the assassin. I forgot/overlooked the fact that there were no night kills.

Andres
07-03-2007, 21:43
Remember I do know how you act as a mafioso...

Yeah, but you're not Kommodus ~;)

Omanes should know by now, that this is my regular play style. And his defence wasn't convincing.

Louis made some valid points, but on the other hand, there's something, I don't know, not right. It seems like he is walking on two different, eh, ideas. On the one hand, he favors discussion, on the other hand, he doesn't because it would give clues to the assassin. This seems like the big dillemma in this game.

Louis, were you actually saying that just randomly lynching players is a sound tactic in this game? Or am I misunderstanding you? Anyway, if we make two subsequent mistakes, the assassin might start noticing which player doesn't get as much attention as the others, vote-wise that is. That player would obviously be the King. The discussion will give clues and might help us to find the assassin, but to detect the King, the assassin needs to pay attention to the voting pattern. The more rounds with votes that lead to an actual lynch, the more it will become clear to the assassin imo. A bad reason to unvote player K who has at a certain moment X (votes with X = number of votes to lynch - 1) might be exactly the clue the assassin is looking for. Me thinks the assassin will never put a second or third vote on a certain player. He'll always try to look for a reason to be the first to vote somebody else who hasn't got any votes.

GH started discussion in the thread, together with me. It seems odd he isn't participating anymore, now that the discussion is really going on :inquisitive: It's even more odd considering the fact he is online for about more than an hour and a half right now. And he only made two posts thus far, one in Heinken and one in American election. It doesn't make any sense that he doesn't participate in the discussion at the moment.

As for you Dutch, well, it's always difficult. You are an extreme lurker who only pops up when under pressure, like you did now with two votes on your name. But I think that's just you, you never post alot until end-game unless to avoid a lynching, you do this as a townie as well as mafia. I still remember my mistake in CN II, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt right now.

Can't say much about Warmaster Horus. Seems like he tries to go with the flow, a bit like he is being evasive in his posts, trying to avoid to get too much attention.

Hmmm, I think I'm going to

Unvote ; Vote : GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief
07-03-2007, 21:46
now that the discussion is really going on

First post in over four hours. When there's something to be discussed I shall discuss it.

Andres
07-03-2007, 21:48
First post in over four hours. When there's something to be discussed I shall discuss it.

But it was the eight post since your last one. If we are all going to sit here and wait for new posts to discuss, well, than there wouldn't be much discussion going anymore, wouldn't there?

Louis VI the Fat
07-03-2007, 21:54
This game isn't moving. Gah!

I'll just throw my thoughts out in the open then, get some action going:

As for how to find an assassin who doesn't know anybody, who's surrounded by people who know one person, I'd try to trap him.I'd trap him too. Now if only I would know how...
Got any clues or methods to share?
BTW, I notice you haven't voted yet...? Hmm...:inquisitive:

Andres: you've been suspiciously silent after I exposed your pro-activeness as assasinish behaviour. No more snooping about? What, you've decided to lay low for a while? Got anything to hide?

Omanes: your second-to-last post was, in all but quote tags, a repeat of mine. Then there was this triple editing thingy. And you're acting suspiciously much like a suspicious person trying to look unsuspicious.
*keeps a firm eye on Omanes*

Dutch_guy: I play this game by the adage that the assassin will be either very pro-active or very silent. So far, you've posted only two posts. Both of which said, well, very little, and were only the result of people pressuring you to speak. What, you're clueless? No idea who the king is yet? Sitting quietly on the sidelines waiting for any signs?

The General is awfully secretive too. This his normal way of playing? Maybe we should hang him just for laffs'. Team up on him, then when he logs in after dinner he'll be just in time for that euro-style swinging party we've prepared for him.

Gah! I say we just lynch somebody and get this game moving.

GeneralHankerchief
07-03-2007, 21:58
Okay, fine.

Louis is coming after you (Andres). I think you're innocent, and I have my reasons as to why. They might be revised later on. That said, he accurately describes the unique problem arising from this game, something which I do not believe the assassin would do.

Dutch has, oddly enough, said that more discussion is needed and has only posted once to vote for Horus. I'd label this as typical Dutch_guy or possibly even suspicious, but my vote's already on him. I think D-Man needs to adhere to his own advice.

We're mostly discussing discussion, which has its merits. But I can only go so far on one topic.

Andres
07-03-2007, 22:06
This game isn't moving. Gah!

Andres: you've been suspiciously silent after I exposed your pro-activeness as assasinish behaviour. No more snooping about? What, you've decided to lay low for a while? Got anything to hide?

Well, you "exposed" me at 5 pm. I work until 6 pm. After work, me and my wife did our two weekly groceries in the Carrefour. After that we ate pizza (I had a quatro fromaggi, she took one with spinache), with two glasses of wine (white wine, it was a bordeaux IIRC) each. Then we had dessert. Ice Cream. Speculoos ice cream from Ijsboerke (we just bought a 2,5 liter box at the Carrefour). We talked a bit after dinner. No cognac after dinner this time ~;) . Afterwards, my wifed needed the PC for more important matters than mafia games (yeah yeah, I know, there are no such things as "more important than mafia games", but you know women...), so I had to wait. After that, I had to read what has been posted. And then, I posted.

Gah! I say we just lynch somebody and get this game moving.

So that's why they call you "an Honorary Texan" in the "Who the hell are you anyway thread"... :inquisitive:

Louis VI the Fat
07-03-2007, 22:15
So that's why they call you "an Honorary Texan" in the "Who the hell are you anyway thread"... :inquisitive:Texas has a refreshingly straight-to-the-point way of doing things, yes. :cowboy:

I don't want to edit my previous post, but to be clear, it was written when this thread seemed death, before there were four new replies all of a sudden. I'm a slow typer...

GeneralHankerchief
07-03-2007, 22:34
D'accord mes amis, I am going offline now. Please do not lynch me post-haste. I shall be back most likely long after you have gone to bed.

Warmaster Horus
07-03-2007, 22:58
Louis, not enough material to vote. If the discussion has been restricted to discussion, and if we are to be suspicious of people because of wanting it or not, then we're not going very far.

The Assassin:
-promotes discussion: to learn the King's identity
-minimises discussion: no to reveal himself

The guards+King
-promote discussion: to learn who is the assassin
-reduce discussion: to avoid a slip-up

Is that about right?

Désolé, mon ami. Et maintenant, bonne nuit! (And now, good night.)

Dutch_guy
07-04-2007, 00:28
Okay, time to offer somewhat of an elaborate view on the players.

Andres.

Has been posting a lot, as others such as Louis have stated. When he was a mafioso he'd overview posts as neutral sounding as he could be, often asking instead of answering, and letting go of a potential target once his posts seemed too forced. He's a fairly aggressive player, if you will, and likes to be in the middle of the discussion.

Louis

Haven't played with him a lot, as a matter of fact only in Capo ?. Don't know what to think of him really, as he's basically only pointed out the obvious so far. But I'd be a hypocrite were I to berate that, as I was one of the people who asked for more discussion :wink:

GeneralH

Louis is coming after you (Andres). I think you're innocent, and I have my reasons as to why. They might be revised later on. That said, he accurately describes the unique problem arising from this game, something which I do not believe the assassin would do.
Well by all means, why don't you share them ? The town (yeah, not the correct word in this game, but who cares ;) ) has time, of course, but quite frankly we need to end this as soon as possible. The longer this takes, the more chance our assassin has of blending in perfectly with the crowd. Oh, and in which post did Louis do so ? Or were you talking of Andres when you stated 'he accurately describes the unique problem arising from this game, something which I do not believe the assassin would do''

Omanes

Has been a bit too silent for his doing, which is Ironic since that's exactly what he accused me of being. And the things which you have said, for example:

I do not believe so in this game. The assassin is looking for the King and is preparing to kill him. He will only find the king through hunting for him, mostly through searching over discussion. Of course this can work both ways, so really it does balance itself out in neither side's favor.
...is all great, and true, but is so inconclusive Warmaster probably knew it already.

Warmaster Horus

while there may not be enough material to vote, we'll have to do so eventually. It's our only chance of flushing out our rat, and how do you expect to find conclusive evidence at such an early stage of the game ? It isn't there, it never is, and god knows how many games I've looked for it.

And the following:

The Assassin:
-promotes discussion: to learn the King's identity
-minimises discussion: no to reveal himself

The guards+King
-promote discussion: to learn who is the assassin
-reduce discussion: to avoid a slip-up

Is how I imagine an assassin would adhere to the probes of his investigators. It's a neutral and obvious message, it's as if you're trying not to give anything away - and that worries me. It's the same with Omanes really.

As it is, my vote stands.

Oh, and don't worry GeneralH, I'm going to bed - and all other euro's are probably in theirs already, so I imagine you won't be lynched in your sleep :wink:

Sigurd
07-04-2007, 10:28
I wish I had participated in this game...

There have been votes placed on 5 players.
Was any of them on the King?
- If not, you have revealed the King.
- If so, you have discovered the Assasin.

Two players have not voted.. the King and the Assasin?
The Assasin would be wary of placing a wrong vote, so players shifting votes should be guards or King.

Please continue...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-04-2007, 17:15
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the current tally?

Omanes - 0
GH - 1
WH - 0
Andres - 2
Dutch Guy - 2
Louis - 0

BTW, only the King should be wary of changing votes, he's the least informed individual, followed closely by the guards. The assassin can just random kill - to him it doesn't matter who dies as long as its not himself, although the death of the king would be nice for him.

GeneralHankerchief
07-04-2007, 18:13
Well by all means, why don't you share them ? The town (yeah, not the correct word in this game, but who cares ;) ) has time, of course, but quite frankly we need to end this as soon as possible.

Just his initial posting style. It didn't give off any bad waves. His later posting style is a bit more suspicious, but I haven't really been paying much attention in recent games to compare.

Oh, and in which post did Louis do so ? Or were you talking of Andres when you stated 'he accurately describes the unique problem arising from this game, something which I do not believe the assassin would do''

Hm, five know who the king is, one doesn't. The king doesn't want to reveal himself, neither does the assassin. Would it be wise for guards to pretend to be king, to put the assassin on the wrong foot?

Warmaster Horus
07-04-2007, 18:13
Dutch Guy voted me.

Sigurd
07-04-2007, 21:22
BTW, only the King should be wary of changing votes, he's the least informed individual, followed closely by the guards. The assassin can just random kill - to him it doesn't matter who dies as long as its not himself, although the death of the king would be nice for him.

I am saying that all though the chance is great of not voting the king should you just throw out a random vote, the chance for the assassin to vote for the king is there. If the assassin votes the King, the rest of the guardsmen would be over him like hungry wolves.

A lot of vote-shifting is a good strategy and even though only a few players actually have a vote on them now, the voteshifting have covered 5 players already.

GeneralHankerchief
07-04-2007, 21:25
If the assassin votes the King, the rest of the guardsmen would be over him like hungry wolves.

I disagree. You forget that at any time the assassin can just kill the King and the game will be over. More discreet methods are required.

Andres
07-04-2007, 21:34
I disagree. You forget that at any time the assassin can just kill the King and the game will be over. More discreet methods are required.

:yes:

Andres
07-04-2007, 21:55
Is how I imagine an assassin would adhere to the probes of his investigators. It's a neutral and obvious message, it's as if you're trying not to give anything away - and that worries me.

I agree, Warmaster Horus is too much going with the flow. It seems like he is trying to avoid getting attention. Add to that the fact that he didn't vote yet.

Unvote ; Vote : Warmaster Horus

Good night all.

Vote tally:

Andres : 1 (Omanes)
Dutch_Guy : 2 (GH, Louis)
Warmaster Horus : 2 (Andres, Dutch_guy)

Warmaster Horus
07-04-2007, 22:17
It's true. I don't like attention. In real life, or in mafia games. I say "games" because you'll have noticed my behaviour in other games. Which, I believe, is the same as here. As Omanes said: "He's played like that in other games, trying to avoid attention. In those games, he was innocent." It's the same here.

As for voting, well, now I must vote, right? For who?
Well, as I said when asked who I'd vote for, I'll Vote:Andres. Now, a three way tie. Let's see who breaks first.

Edit: Few, I'm tired tonight. That post took me about 15 minutes.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-05-2007, 07:17
If the assassin votes the King, the rest of the guardsmen would be over him like hungry wolves.That's impossible. The guards vote for the King to to avoid drawing suspicion to him.

Anyhow, since we need four to lynch, we really need to decide who out of the targets is most dangerous. I'm not changing my vote. I'll leave that to you.

Sigurd
07-05-2007, 07:34

I missed that feature... So there are no night phase?
nvm me... play along. I shall return to my seat. :beam:

Andres
07-05-2007, 14:10
Tally

Andres : 2 (Omanes, Warmaster)

We'll have to make a decision guys...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-05-2007, 15:40

I just decided to take the time to create a full overview over the thread and, now thinking it over, I do sense that you may be innocent. Although I do have a small feeling somewhere that you may not be, so don't consider yourself safe from my vote yet.

As said, we need a trap for the assassin, something to slip him up. The problem is that without external activity we cannot do this without the assassin knowing about it and being ready!

Andres : 1 (Warmaster)

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 15:45
So, Omanes, you have the possibility of voting for somebody. Who? We need to get this moving.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-05-2007, 15:49
I need more evidence and time to think. My instincts send me towards Louis, he's a little quiet for my liking, but I'm not sure enough to want to have him lynched.

Louis VI the Fat
07-05-2007, 17:29
This isn't going anywhere. :wall:

Okay, here's my deal:
I have voted, to the best of my instinct and analysis, and I haven't made a secret of my thoughts in general either. I'll leave my vote as is, but to get this game moving, I will join any bandwagon. I'll keep or join the vote for the very first person who reaches three votes.

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 17:32
Omanes, two hours enough?

GeneralHankerchief
07-05-2007, 18:46
Unvote: Dutch_guy
Vote: Warmaster Horus

Dutch_Guy : 1 (Louis)
Warmaster Horus : 3 (Andres, Dutch_guy, GH)

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 18:47
Why, General?

GeneralHankerchief
07-05-2007, 18:48
To keep things moving, and the fact that there's a good chance that you're the assassin.

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 18:50
Fine by me...

Can I vote for myself?

Sasaki Kojiro
07-05-2007, 19:03
You may vote for yourself.

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 19:11
Thanks!

Vote:Me
Since Louis had said he'd vote whoever had three votes...
I'm lynched.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-05-2007, 19:13
Warmaster Horus has been lynched. He was a Guard.

It is now day 2. With 5 alive it's 3 to lynch.

Dutch_guy
07-05-2007, 19:19
Omanes, I think it's time to speak. What are your thoughts on the game thus far, with one guard down? It strikes me you that haven't voted for anyone yet, surely that's not the way to go about this game ?

Or is your reluctance to speak caused by your role ?

Andres
07-05-2007, 19:35
Bah, so far for my analysing skills.

Got some rereading to do.

Meanwhile:

Vote : Omanes

Andres
07-05-2007, 20:15
On second thoughts:

Unvote : Omanes
Vote : Louis

Omanes is just being who he is.

Louis has limited himself to stating the obvious followed by a wee bit too exaggerated attitude of "Hey, I don't really care, oh, I'm soooo not-mafia, look at me, I'm soooo innocent...".

I'll stick to this vote, Louis, unless something really, really obvious points in the direction of another player.

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 20:45
Omanes, soon as you can, please tell us your thoughts.

Louis VI the Fat
07-05-2007, 21:00
Oi, I'm away for a little while and all hell breaks loose....

I need some time to think it all over.

Louis VI the Fat
07-05-2007, 22:10
Okay, I'm back. Well that round sucked. Sorry to have lost you, Warmaster. :embarassed:

This is a much more difficult game then I expected it to be when I read the rules.

I've read the thread over again, but I can't figure it out. For each of the players, there is both a good reason to assume they are innocent and a good reason to think they are not. I'm not going to make a prodding vote.

We now know for sure you are innocent, Warmaster Horus. Are you allowed, and willing, to keep sharing your thoughts with us? Why did you vote Andres?

Andres, Dutch_guy, GH, why did you vote Warmaster? And Omanes, where havre you been? Why didn't you cast a vote at the moment supreme?

Louis has limited himself to stating the obvious followed by a wee bit too exaggerated attitude of "Hey, I don't really care, oh, I'm soooo not-mafia, look at me, I'm soooo innocent...".Hey, I do care. I was right there, eh? I casted my vote and stated my reasons. I just can't help being impatient.
But we had to decide on a vote at some point, didn't we? People were not going to reveal anything decisive anyway, it was always going to be a lucky shot. At least my instincts were correct that Warmaster wasn't the killer. ~;)
And neither did I abstain, like Omanes. :whip:

Andres
07-05-2007, 22:22
I've read the thread over again...

You did? :inquisitive:

Because the answer to...

Andres, (...) why did you vote Warmaster?

Is right here... (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1600770&postcount=93)

And Omanes, where havre you been? Why didn't you cast a vote at the moment supreme?

Allthough you stay number 1 on my list, this is a very good point. But, a simple click on his username and choosing the option "find more posts by Omanes Alexandrapolites" would have revealed this (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/search.php?searchid=85920): the post he made at 4.49 pm was his last one until now, so he probably hasn't been online since than...

At least my instincts were correct that Warmaster wasn't the killer. ~;)

Touché. But maybe it weren't your instincts because you simply knew for sure that Warmaster wasn't the killer...

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 22:26
Andres, Omanes said he'd read the thread again, and think things through. It takes time for that, and well, there's real life to consider too. He's probably eaten, socialized, and did usual things for him in the evening. So, he may have searched through the thread, jotted whatever thoughts came to him on paper, and decided to act later.

Andres
07-05-2007, 22:36
So, he may have searched through the thread, jotted whatever thoughts came to him on paper, and decided to act later.

That was what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough :bow:

Omanes didn't react yet because he indeed probably had real life interfering.

Louis could have figured that out for himself by simply looking at Omanes' public profile (he took more than enough time to make his latest post).

That's why this particular remark:

And Omanes, where havre you been? Why didn't you cast a vote at the moment supreme?

smells like a cheap accusation.

With this remark, Louis is actually saying that Omanes is suspicious because he didn't dare to cast a decisive vote, and only somebody who doesn't know the king would not cast the decisive vote, wouldn't he. So basically, he accuses Omanes and at first sight, it looks like a justly accusation, but the basis for that accusation doesn't make any sense at all.

So I stick to my vote.

Louis VI the Fat
07-05-2007, 23:21
You did? :inquisitive:

Because the answer to...Is right here... (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1600770&postcount=93)Yes it is. Everybody posted some reason in the thread. I know. But I now need the find the answer why people voted for a guard. Chances are, it was mere bad luck and intuition. But I will prod for ulterior motives. :yes:

a simple click on his username and choosing the option "find more posts by Omanes Alexandrapolites" would have revealed this (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/search.php?searchid=85920): the post he made at 4.49 pm was his last one until now, so he probably hasn't been online since than...I know Omanes, he's online all the time. A simple click on his username doesn't suffice though. You need to check here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/memberlist.php?do=getall&page=5&order=asc&sort=username&ltr=O). His profile shows he has his visibility turned off, he hasn't been online since 12-1-07. So for all we know, he's right here staring at us now.

But maybe it weren't your instincts because you simply knew for sure that Warmaster wasn't the killer...That is not as clever as you think it is. There are only two ways of knowing for sure Warmaster wasn't the killer: knowing he is the king, which he wasn't. Or being the killer yourself.

Now, I'm afraid the reverse of what you insinuate is true: those who did vote for Warmaster, not those who didn't, are thus more likely to be the killer themselves.

That's why this particular remark:

Originally Posted by Louis

smells like a cheap accusation. Excuse me? A cheap accussation? Well it sure beats a cheap lynch, hey? Are you being a hypocrite or are you lusting for more guardian blood? :

Post 111, directly after the lynching.
QUOTE=Andres:
Bah, so far for my analysing skills.

Got some rereading to do.

Meanwhile:

More in general, you seem awfully aggressive. You've cast two votes in this second round already. You are throwing mindless accussations around. Has Warmaster's death wet your appetite, while the guards and king are all quietly licking their wounds from the last round and wondering where to take it from here? :inquisitive:

GeneralHankerchief
07-06-2007, 00:10
Guys, I've figured something out.

I've been going through ideas in my head for days trying to figure out how we, the guards, can press an advantage we have over the assassin. I think I've finally come up with something.

We will always have a numerical advantage over the assassin, even when it's 2-1. Considering this in mind, adding the fact that Sasaki reveals roles upon death, and assuming that person is allowed to contribute after they die and we know them to be innocent, we should just lynch as much as we can.

Someone suspicious? Lynch 'em, and lynch 'em quick. If they're the assassin, then we win, and if they're not, we have another confirmed innocent.

Let me know what you guys think. I volunteer to be the first victim to prove my trustworthiness.

Louis VI the Fat
07-06-2007, 01:04
That is interesting, GH. If this game is decided by lynching, the assassin can never win indeed. The guards and king will always outnumber the single assassin.

However, the assassin can win by killing, by guessing the king. He might even take a lucky shot, based on an educated guess, when pushed. At 2:1, the king and last guard are certain they will lynch the assassin. But the assassin now has a 50% chance.* This is the risk with the plan. The fewer we are, the better the chance for the assassin, and the more he can relate known roles with voting patterns.

If we are going to do your plan, then I think it should be on a voluntary basis. A kind of reverse 'I am Spartacus, no I am'. People now step to the fore proclaiming they aren't the king. If somebody steps to the fore, proclaiming he is a guard, then the others should accept the offer so as not to confuse matters or give the assassin any leads. As for your current offer, you're either a supreme bluffer or of very noble character.

But, I think we should wait with this a bit. Not necessarily until next round, but we could try to reach a majority on a suspect. If we are going to lynch someone, we might as well take an educated guess at the assassin. If we get it right, we've won. If we don't, we've achieved our goal of limiting our numbers anyway. The risk is, that our behaviour could give clues about the identity of the king.

Am I correct, am I overlooking something? What do the others think?

*Sasaki: imagine that the last guard and king lynch the assassin, and the assassin kills the right person, the king. will the winner be decided by whomever posts fastest?

Andres
07-06-2007, 09:04
I volunteer to be the first victim to prove my trustworthiness.

That's scummy.

I think it's Louis or GH.

But for now, I stick to my vote.

Where are Omanes and Dutch_guy?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-06-2007, 09:22
I'm here, I was going to post an analysis, but I lost it all when my PC refused to un-hibernate correctly. I'll do it at another time.

BTW, I'll be busy today, so I may not be able to get on-line too frequently. Sorry.

Warmaster Horus
07-06-2007, 11:14
Perhaps, instead of posting a long list of scummy activities, you can just give us the name(s) of the person(s) who appear the most likely to be the assassin.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-06-2007, 13:57
I think it's one of Louis, Andres or GH

Louis is acting innocently, too innocently. I see no dangerous actions or anything similar from him. This demonstrates that he is hiding something very well. Townies are often much more careless. As a final note on this character, I must say that his accusation regarding the deciding vote wasn't very well founded. I was away, inactive, watching a theatre production, not sitting at my PC deciding.

Andres is active, a little too active for my liking. Is he trying to find the assasin or the king through his discussion creating? It concerns me which way he is trying to turn this game, but, he at least seems to have some resemblance of his normal playing style. Definitely the least suspitious of the above suspects.

GH is obsessed with reading through and checking every post at the moment. This doesn't seem normal, but, then again, I haven't played with him recently, so perhaps his style has changed? Also there was his offer of sacrifice - isn't that scummy?

Since Louis' suspicion has slightly more clarity with less of an excuse for it's existence:
Vote: Louis IV the Fat

If we don't get the assasin through him, I suggest we target GH next round.

Warmaster Horus
07-06-2007, 14:13
Well, guys, if you think his offer of sacrifice is scummy, then take him up on it.
Lynch GH if he wants to be.

Andres
07-06-2007, 14:24
Well, guys, if you think his offer of sacrifice is scummy, then take him up on it.
Lynch GH if he wants to be.

GH's offer is scummy, but Louis' overall behaviour seems scummier to me.

I wonder what the General himself has to say. And where's Dutch_guy? :inquisitive:

Dutch_guy
07-06-2007, 14:27
I don't know guys, I don't like Andres' posts one bit.

This round he voted Omanes, and didn't give a reason for doing so. He merely went with what I said earlier, only re enforcing it with a vote.

Then he immediately switched to Louis:

Louis has limited himself to stating the obvious followed by a wee bit too exaggerated attitude of "Hey, I don't really care, oh, I'm soooo not-mafia, look at me, I'm soooo innocent...".

I'll stick to this vote, Louis, unless something really, really obvious points in the direction of another player.

Which was the main reason GeneralH actually stated he trusted Louis. Now, obviously both of them aren't conspiring together so it's just a matter of whom you trust. For now, I'm leaning to GenH's opinion of Louis.

Also,

I'll stick to this vote, Louis, unless something really, really obvious points in the direction of another player

I don't like that line at all. What do you want, a confession ? Which really obvious points do you need ?

Vote:Andres.

Andres
07-06-2007, 14:31
I don't like that line at all. What do you want, a confession ? Which really obvious points do you need ?

A second vote on the King?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-06-2007, 14:35
Don't you think that at least a couple of guards are going to vote the King to obscure him from the assasin.

BTW, I've turned invisibility off.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-06-2007, 16:01
When the assassin is lynched he gets to make one kill, if successful he wins the game even though he will be killed...it's a suicide mission.

Also, please keep the vote counts up to date, remember it's 3 to lynch.

Louis VI the Fat
07-06-2007, 17:56
Ooohh, this game is driving me mad. Every time I think I've figured someone out, I find a reason to assume they're innocent.

I'm still trying to figure out a trap. Alas, last night in bed I saw were I screwed up in the previous round. If I had been a bit more clever, we could've used last round's voting system to find out the assassin. But we needed six votes for that, not five. :embarassed:

Thinking about a new trap, we are with five left alive:
Warmaster is dead, a guard. Alive: Andres, Dutch_Guy, General, Louis, Omanes.
All know their own roles. The king and assassin only know their own role.
Three guards know who the king is also.

The three guards could prove their innocence by naming one, two or three non-kings. But I can't figure out a way of doing that without revealing the king to the assassin. Is there a way to put the information advantage of the guards to use?

Tally so far, just to be clear:

Louis - 2 (Andres, Omanes)
Andres - 1 (Dutch-Guy)

Andres
07-06-2007, 18:03
Hmmm...

Talk by voting.

How about putting one vote on every player and see what happens?

The King knows he is King. The guards know who is King. Only the assassin doesn't know who is King. He'll put the wrong vote eventually.

Unvote; Vote : Dutch_guy

Louis - 1 (Omanes)
Andres - 1 (Dutch_guy)
Dutch_guy - 1 (Andres)

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-06-2007, 18:03
There are other ways of trickery, but they cannot be operated without the knowledge of some. This will result in the assasin knowing too creating an absolute failure.

BTW, Andres, so will the guards to hide the King from view, if they don't vote for the king then we will see who the assasin is aright, but not after he's taken the King out - bear that in mind, you can't just base it upon "wrong" votes.

Also, although you are generally normal, why are you practically telling the assasin where to look. The mafia will know that, if you vote for somebody after they make a vote on a player already with a vote, that the original target is the King based upon your previous notes. Unless you are going to be more subtle in your methods.

Csargo
07-06-2007, 18:52
-not playing-

GeneralHankerchief
07-06-2007, 20:12
Twisted my ankle today so I won't be able to get on that much.

Sounds good.

Vote: Omanes

Louis - 1 (Omanes)
Andres - 1 (Dutch_guy)
Dutch_guy - 1 (Andres)
Omanes - 1 (GH)

Csargo
07-06-2007, 20:26
-not playing-

wth?

Dutch_guy
07-06-2007, 20:46

So is that what they call retaliation voting these days ? :wink:

Louis VI the Fat
07-06-2007, 20:55
Hmmm...

Talk by voting.

Then what though? Kill the guy who puts a second vote on the king? That sounds good in theory, but might lead to the three guards pressuring each other to vote a non-king to prove their innocence, while the assassin with each correct vote can do away with one less candidate for the identity of the king.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-06-2007, 21:56
I wil be gone till monday. Take your time.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-06-2007, 22:42
Andres, if your tactic are honest, I doubt that they will work the way you want them to - they may even work in an intelligent assassin's favour. The guards will have to place a vote on the king to obscure him. If somebody casts a second vote, then the assasin will know its not upon the King. This will enable him to work out that the player who has two votes is most likely not a member of Royalty. This will slowly allow the assasin to tactically build up a picture of who they think is the king and combine with that evidence. The combination will not be very positive for the town. Unless your intentions are something more sly and tactical than they seem, I don't think that they will work.

On the other hand, which is the bias which I am beginning to believe, you are doing exactly the same as above, but for your own personal gain - to flush out the king using the same method as previously mentioned. Louis' is now a target to be left for the future should Andres be innocent. Andres is showing terrifying mafia/pro-mafia activities.

Unvote: Louis IV the Fat; Vote: Andres

Andres - 2 (Dutch_guy, Omanes)
Dutch_guy - 1 (Andres)
Omanes - 1 (GH)

Andres
07-07-2007, 10:41
We'll need to take some sort of risk if we want to end this game one way or another...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-07-2007, 15:35
I agree that risks must be taken, but the size of these risks has to be as small as possible.

Andres
07-08-2007, 19:42
Hmmm...

I agree we can keep the King alive by ignoring this game, but aren't we supposed to find the assassin? Don't see how we will reach that goal by, eh, no longer posting in the thread...

Warmaster Horus
07-08-2007, 19:48
Pity Crazed Rabbit isn't here... That would give us a certainty.

I say lynch GH. He wants it.
I say it, so this game can move. It needs to.

Louis VI the Fat
07-08-2007, 20:31
We'll have to move this game forward at some point. It is just that, I really don't know who the assassin is. I simply don't have a clue. ~:confused:

I'll follow WH's advice, and place a vote on GH.

Vote GeneralHandkerchief.

Dutch_guy - 1 (Andres)
Omanes - 1 (GH)
GeneralH - 1 (Louis)

GeneralHankerchief
07-08-2007, 20:43
We'll have to move this game forward at some point. It is just that, I really don't know who the assassin is. I simply don't have a clue.

I'm sorry, that just sounds really scummy to me.

Unvote: Omanes
Vote: Louis VI

Dutch_guy - 1 (Andres)
Louis - 1 (GH)
GeneralH - 1 (Louis)

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-08-2007, 20:52
This round has to end at some point guys. I strongly reccomend you get Andres. His previous narrowing down tactic was engineered to work for his own benefit rather than the town's. If it was honest, which I deeply doubt, that it really was a bad move.

Andres
07-08-2007, 20:59
Unvote ; Vote : Louis

Louis - 2 (GH, Andres)
GeneralH - 1 (Louis)

Warmaster Horus
07-08-2007, 22:00
Lynch Louis.

The fact that GH had been willing to put himself on the firing lines points more to being a guard or the king than being an assassin.

Désolé, mon ami.

GeneralHankerchief
07-08-2007, 22:20
We're only going to be able to lynch Louis if Omanes (not likely) or Dutch_guy (a bit more likely) changes his vote.

Louis VI the Fat
07-08-2007, 22:26
The fact that GH had been willing to put himself on the firing lines points more to being a guard or the king than being an assassin.

Désolé, mon ami.Rubbish. You're not paying attention.

I could and still can save my arse by voting Andres right now. I didn't and I don't.

Désolé, mon cher ami. ~;)

Dutch_guy
07-09-2007, 14:02
We're only going to be able to lynch Louis if Omanes (not likely) or Dutch_guy (a bit more likely) changes his vote.

I'm not planning on changing my vote, and why are you all suddenly voting for Louis ? The vote Andres put on Louis didn't exactly do him any good in my eyes, suspicion wise.

Andres
07-09-2007, 14:11
The vote Andres put on Louis didn't exactly do him any good in my eyes, suspicion wise.

It didn't?

Unvote ; Vote : GeneralHankerchief

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-09-2007, 16:38
Neither did that. Guys, I strongly recommend you get Andres, his dodgyness is terrible, unless he has a reason, other than it's another target that he can equalise with, behind his vote of GeneralH.

Andres
07-09-2007, 16:42
Niether did that. Guys, I strongly reccomend you get Andres, his dodgyness is terrible, unless he has a reason behind his vote of GeneralH.

Oh come on, I gave my reasons why I think it is GH or Louis.

I'm just continuously switching my vote to keep pressure on the both of them.

Why are you pressing to see me lynched?

:inquisitive:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-09-2007, 18:23
I dislike the way you are acting, your earlier behaviour was a sort of "find the king" tactic covered up by a more honest "find the assasin" storyline. Your flitting between player also seems scummy to me, but, for now, I'm willing to disregard that, since I suspect both of those players. However, whatever these players may be like, does not excuse it. It seems more like a way of changing to a target which you think a more neutral voter will go for, henceforth saving you without you getting accused of bandwaggoning.

Andres
07-09-2007, 19:32
I dislike the way you are acting, your earlier behaviour was a sort of "find the king" tactic covered up by a more honest "find the assasin" storyline. Your flitting between player also seems scummy to me, but, for now, I'm willing to disregard that, since I suspect both of those players. However, whatever these players may be like, does not excuse it. It seems more like a way of changing to a target which you think a more neutral voter will go for, henceforth saving you without you getting accused of bandwaggoning.

I didn't vote without reason ergo I am not bandwaggoning.

Andres
07-10-2007, 09:42
GH, you have two votes on you for a while now...

I volunteer to be the first victim to prove my trustworthiness.

Why didn't you vote yourself yet?

GeneralHankerchief
07-10-2007, 21:07
Alrighty then.

Unvote: Louis
Vote: GH

Andres
07-10-2007, 21:08
Guess we'll have to wait for Sasaki now.

GeneralHankerchief
07-10-2007, 21:09
That done, I still think we should lynch Louis next.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-10-2007, 21:32
GeneralHankerchief has been lynched. He was a Guard.

With 4 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Andres
07-10-2007, 21:33
Bah. Sorry GH.

Vote : Louis

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-10-2007, 21:57
Another guard is gone. We are now getting to a stage where if we were to lynch the assasin, he would have a decent chance of taking out the king before he died anyway. I can't see him staying hidden for much longer. If a guard goes this round, then the assasin will more than likely make a calculated guess and strike - with a 50% chance of getting the king, I don't see anyway he will decide not to.

We, as a result of this, have to think carefully over our choices and make sure that we get the right person. Henceforth, I have no choice but to vote for Andres. His behaviour and tactics in the previous round, explained in my previous posts, were more than likely engineered to save himself and to work our who the king may be.

Louis VI the Fat
07-10-2007, 22:21
Oi. This is not going very well. Maybe we should kill the assassin for a change:

Vote: Dutch_Guy.

Tally:

Louis - 1 (Andres)
Andres - 1 (Omanes)
Dutch_Guy - 1 (Louis)

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-11-2007, 06:57
More to the point, where is Dutch_guy?

Dutch_guy
07-11-2007, 12:13
I'm here, I'm here.

Whilst I admire your sacrifice GeneralH, I would have liked to see Andres die that time.

Also, Louis voting me for no apparant reason is worriesome as well.

Why the vote for me Louis ?

Louis VI the Fat
07-11-2007, 17:43
Why the vote for me Louis ? Why are you so afraid to place a vote, Dutch_Guy? Looks like you found yourself in a tight spot, eh? It's one vote on all three players now, and your vote will reveal your status with certainty, if you place it wrong, we'll be certain about your status:

Louis - 1 (Andres)
Andres - 1 (Omanes)
Dutch_Guy - 1 (Louis)

It seems my original instinct was right all along. Gah! Why didn't I follow my intuition!? The assassin will be either very pro-active, or very secretive. Andres is very active, always making sure he is the first to cast a vote so he won't get into trouble. Dutch_Guy is the silent sniper kind, waiting in the side-lines, avoiding difficult votes all the time.

Dutch_guy
07-11-2007, 19:49
Why are you so afraid to place a vote, Dutch_Guy? Looks like you found yourself in a tight spot, eh? It's one vote on all three players now, and your vote will reveal your status with certainty, if you place it wrong, we'll be certain about your status:

I assure you I'm not afraid to place a vote, you deduced this how - don't tell me you stated that because I didn't vote in my previous post, are you in some sort of a hurry ? The town has all the time they want, not the case for our assassin.

It seems my original instinct was right all along. Gah! Why didn't I follow my intuition!? The assassin will be either very pro-active, or very secretive. Andres is very active, always making sure he is the first to cast a vote so he won't get into trouble. Dutch_Guy is the silent sniper kind, waiting in the side-lines, avoiding difficult votes all the time.

Now the above is interesting. First of all, you previously stated - with a vote - that you find me suspicious. In the quoted part, you clearly state you're not sure at all. It seems you feared to put a second vote on Andres (whom you find suspicious also) and thus chose the easy way out - you voted for me, under the guise of a probing vote, and with that vote you also didn't garner any more attention by 'bandwagoning' another person as attention went to you and Andres before that.

That last post really did it for you, and come to think of it:

The assassin will be either very pro-active, or very secretive

You're making sure you won't fit your own made profile...

Vote: Louis.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-11-2007, 20:21
After the event of this round, I am lead to believe that Louis may be a good target - selecting Dutch_guy for no real reason other than activity, was not a wise (or honest for that matter) move. Andres, despite how much I distrust him and find him suspitious, will probably never become the target this round. Dutch_guy sums it up himself really as to why Louis seems so suspitious and I'm too lazy to repeat him:

Vote: Louis

Louis - 3 (Andres, Dutch_guy, Omanes)
Andres - 1 (Omanes)
Dutch_Guy - 1 (Louis)

We've just got to pray that he is the mafioso - if he isn't, it might as well be game over.

Louis VI the Fat
07-11-2007, 20:36
No Omanes!!!! :wall:

I was just typing a post and about to submit it....~:mecry:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-11-2007, 20:43
Sorry about that Louis, but after Andres, whom I am sure would never have became the target, you were the next best choice. It was a very risky decision, but I felt, after reading through the thread and overviewing your posts, that it was worth taking.

Warmaster Horus
07-11-2007, 21:14
What were you going to say, Louis?

Sasaki Kojiro
07-11-2007, 21:20
Louis has been lynched. He was a Guard.

Living:

Andres
Dutch_guy
Omanes

With three alive it's two to lynch.

Warmaster Horus
07-11-2007, 21:27
Gah?

This complicates things ever so slightly...

Quick Edit: actually, I would say lynch Andres.

Csargo
07-11-2007, 21:29
-I'd prefer it if only the players commented on the game- Alright

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-11-2007, 21:32
Sorry Louis, I really should have waited for you to say something before casting that vote. If the town loses guys, you can place the blame entirely upon me, I really should have waited. My sincere apologies for this.

As for now, just incase the assasin is more patient, let's get try to get rid of Andres, the very fellow who I have wanted to lynch throughout this game. Earlier on, he was willing to take risks which could work in two directions - to both find the assasin, or find the king. I feel that the latter may have been his terrible objective.

Tally:
Andres: 1 (Omanes)

GeneralHankerchief
07-11-2007, 21:33
Well, that's interesting.

I'd say go for Dutch_guy.

Louis VI the Fat
07-11-2007, 21:47
We're dead GH. In mafia games the dead should not speak anymore. Let Omanes make his own decision.

Dutch_guy
07-11-2007, 21:50
As for now, just incase the assasin is more patient, let's get try to get rid of Andres, the very fellow who I have wanted to lynch throughout this game

Same with me, but perhaps we should let him speak in his defence first ?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-11-2007, 22:42
I honestly agree that he should be given a chance to defend himself, but I doubt that there is anything that he can say to justify some of his actions. I'll keep my vote placed upon him unless he says something extremely convincing. I highly doubt that he will manage to do this.

Dutch_guy
07-11-2007, 23:48
I highly doubt that he will manage to do this.

It's just I have nasty experiences with getting lynched whilst sleeping, not being able to have said a single word in my defence.

I'm giving him until about 1300 of this day.

Andres
07-12-2007, 08:18
I was 100 % sure Louis was the assassin. Apparantly, I was wrong. Sorry Louis.

Well, it seems like I'm going to die anyway.

After tossing a coin (yep, I don't have a clue whatsoever), I'm going to :

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-12-2007, 08:39
Is that all Andres, nothing complex or explanatory to say?

Dutch_guy
07-12-2007, 12:31
Oh well then:

Vote: Andres.

Andres
07-12-2007, 13:08
Noooooooooooooooooo...

Sasaki Kojiro
07-12-2007, 15:59
Andres has been lynched. He was a Guard.

Dutch_guy has been killed. He was the King.

Omanes, Assassin, Wins!

Warmaster Horus
07-12-2007, 16:11
GAH! I thought he might have been quilty...

Anyway, congratulations Omanes. You had me fooled at the end.

And thanks Sasaki for hosting this!

Csargo
07-12-2007, 16:12
Good job Omanes! I didn't suspect you at all. :thumbsup:

Andres
07-12-2007, 16:12
Congratulations Omanes :balloon: You fooled me all the way.

:bow:

Great game Sasaki! I really enjoyed this one.

I was acting like I did to draw attention.

In fact, I hoped the assassin would think nobody but the King himself (who knew his 4 guards would always prevent his lynching) would dare to expose himself like I did. I wanted the assassin to attack me.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out :shame:

Sasaki Kojiro
07-12-2007, 16:23
Yes, Omanes won this one quite completely. He would have won even without the special rules. With 4 lynches the town really should have been able to find the assassin...

Louis VI the Fat
07-12-2007, 16:24
Well this is a drag. We wuz crap. :shame:

Sorry for that show in the last round. I was trying to divert attention away from Dutch_Guy, but I went too far. :wall:

Pity we never got to see Omanes vote here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1601440&postcount=101). We had a good shot at a trap. I figured only the assassin would've placed a third vote on DG. It wasn't dangerous, with two votes on the king there was no risk. What I should've done perhaps was propose a 'French' election, a showdown between the top two candidates, DG and WH. With any luck, the guards the other guards would've realised what was going on, while it would've exposed the assassin if he unknowingly voted the king at this point for DG.

Gah! Omanes had me fooled. Well played, lad.

Thanks for hosting this Sasaki. It's been a fun little game.

Csargo
07-12-2007, 16:28
Wouldn't of worked.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-12-2007, 17:03
During the first couple of rounds I thought that the King may have been Andres - I even, during round two, was very close to making the killing post, but I eventually resisted. I was glad I chose this option since, after nobody picked up on the fact that I was obsessively trying to force his lynch, I began to doubt my theory.

For the rest of the game, I went through every suspect, trying to track down the king. It didn't work very well, and by round three, I decided that it would be better to wait right to the end, hopefully gaining a little bit more info when the number of possible Kings was reduced.

Later on, round four I believe, after analysing a post by Louis suggesting that the assasin would either be silent or overly active, I realised that this concept could apply to the King also. This helped me work out that the reasonably silent Dutch_guy may be the person whom I was hunting for. After almost posting to kill Dutch_guy, I decided to keep him alive right till the very end, just to be sure that my hypothesis would work. To get the round over as fast as possible, I targeted Louis.

During the final round, just as I was considering posting to kill Dutch_guy, my theory was contradicted slightly by GH who suggested the lynching of Dutch_guy. It kept him alive a little longer. Later in the round, after Dutch_guy supported me in the removal of Andres, I displaced by doubts, thinking of it as a trap. Also, Andres, voting for me, whom at this point he knew was guilty, further enforced the idea which I had. I didn't need to know any of this though, since Dutch_guy placed the vote upon Andres, and it all ended.

Thanks guys, and an even larger thankyou to Sasaki for hosting. I appreciate it. It was definitely one of the best games I've played on the .Org. Thanks again!

Stig
07-12-2007, 17:09
Heh, I've been following this game ... and did some vote counting and analysing (seeing who votes who) and I got DG as a non-guard role pretty quickly. But Omanes just played it too well.

Dutch_guy
07-12-2007, 17:10
I thought something weird like this might happen, but since Omanes had (unknowingly ?) backed me up on pretty much everything I thought him to be a guard.

Ironically, he was pretty much the only one except for GeneralH whom I thought to be a guard from the very beginning.

Sorry for that show in the last round. I was trying to divert attention away from Dutch_Guy, but I went too far.

Yeah, you really got me guessing there - as I was going to vote Andres then.

Pity we never got to see Omanes vote here. We had a good shot at a trap. I figured only the assassin would've placed a third vote on DG.

We should have made him vote right there, quite frankly I'm surprised we let him get away with it.

PS: Forgot to say it, but you did play it very well Omanes

GeneralHankerchief
07-12-2007, 18:52
Argh, nice going Omanes.

I tried one last little trap at the end by naming Dutch as the assassin. The goal was to make you narrow down the two choices and maybe kill Andres but it didn't work.

Nice going, once again.